301 Main Street
Fort Worth, TX 76102Neighborhood:
Fort Worth Downtown
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.fortworthchophouse.com/
- Phone: 8173364129
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am- 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Chris Ward
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (bar only), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wine
- Catering: We cater special events, please contact Stephanie Guidry at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private available.
- Private Party Contact: Stephanie Guidry 8173364129
- Special Events: We cater special events, please contact Stephanie Guidry at email@example.com
A word from Mercury Chophouse
The Mercury Chophouse incorporates a relaxed New York City style ambience with a unique fine dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Mercury Chophouse - Best Restaurants in Fort Worth Downtown ›
Mercury Chophouse reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
romantic (27)special occasion (27)notable wine list (15)neighborhood gem (10)good for groups (7)fit for foodies (7)great for lunch (3)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Don't Let Your Customers WaitOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/17/2014I was seated promptly, but then sat for close to ten minutes before being approached by wait staff. Many had passed me by, but none stopped. The waitress that sat me then took it upon herself to wait on me and she was excellent. I dined from the Groupon menu which included a salad, main entree, and dessert. Each were served in a timely manner and each tasted great. I'll be returning but hopefully by then they'll have table responsibility worked out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MCH ReviewDavidVIPDined on 9/16/2014Business lunch here makes sense. A quiet place to talk & hear. So many places are so loud one can hardly hear your guest. This one is very quiet so you can do business comfortably.Special Features:
- Lamb Shank to die forOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014My wife ordered the lamb shank, which literally cell off the bone and melted in your mouth. A great restaurant. Our waiter was decent, but was very disinterested in us as customers. That was the only negative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014The food was average for the expensive pricing. Probably would not go back.
- Not Worth the $$$DisappointedinftwDined on 9/1/2014Way overpriced! The place was empty, service was so slow, and they were out of several menu items. We had a piece of tuna that was so covered in large ground pepper that we couldn't eat it!! Mac n cheese looked and tasted like it came grime a box. $10 side of standard corn. $400 and 3 hours later ... We left very disappointed!! Will not be back!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014food was good. the service, I was expecting more. Hopefully people who eat from the regular menu get better service.
- Going Againfoodie2Dined on 8/24/2014Our first time there and will be going back. The meal was great and the service excellent. Great atmosphere. Will be telling friends about the MercurySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but slow serviceBUvTechDined on 8/23/2014I would have given this restaurant a higher rating but the service was incredibly slow.Special Features:
- Terrible2badDined on 8/23/2014Waiter was rude, food not done, lamb very grisly. We can mark this one off out list as to Never go there again. The valet was the high point of the evening!
- What happened to this restaurant?LoveFoodDined on 8/23/2014Probably the worst meal I have ever had & it used to be excellent... Restaurant week, if you are not going to serve food you do well, don't join in this kind of week - as I will never go back now. Awful service, brought cold appetizer (should have been warm), salad good, wrong main course and tough... switched out to another wrong - 3rd one, I gave up... it was full of gristle and had to just stop eating... wine was good....
- Disappointingfoodie44Dined on 8/22/2014We have eaten here multiple times. So disappointed. My salad was room temp, not that appealing. No wine til after salad course complete and we had a change of waiters mid meal which was fine as the first one was a jerk.
- Very good!!kembessosDined on 8/21/2014We enjoyed our meals very much..... but the peach cobbler was one of the best I've every had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Find During Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/19/2014I had never tried Mercury Chophouse, but was pleased to see them featured during Restaurant Week. Could have improved the service, but they were busy, so it was completely understandable.
- Great Food and ServiceAnvdinnerDined on 8/19/2014My wife and I had a wonderful dinner. The food was excellent and the service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2014Our first time to mercury chophouse. Service was excellent but I didn't catch his name. He was very attentive and knowledgable of the menu. I had the flounder,much to my surprise the sauce on it definitely had an afterburn to it.(myfault for not asking what the sauce was). The hubby's strip steak was a little tough but still delicious. Let me tell you that peach cobbler for dessert was to die for. That could've been a 3course meal itself. We'll be back again I'm sure.Special Features:
- Great NightFtwroperDined on 8/16/2014Went for restaurant week and they offered a nice and varied menu for it from steak to seafood for $35 each. Also, offered an add-on wine pairing to go with the 3 courses for $50. All in all it was a nice night with delicious food at a reduced price to try the Mercury Chophouse. I gave it only 4 stars for service ONLY because they don't have a hostess to greet you, and takes way to long for anyone to recognize you as a guest, and he appears to be the manager or assistant manager. But while he's chatting up the seated guests, those who come through the door wait 10+ minutes to be recognized. Also, the restaurant was full, but service was still prompt and courteous. Be advised that the atmosphere is very nice, but loud inside when full.Special Features:
- Poor Servicejustwantanicemeal13Dined on 8/16/2014Reservation was at 7:30. Arrived at 7:33 with no open tables. They said sorry, lot of walk ins. Little skeptical. So my date and I sat at the bar. After 10-15 minutes a table was ready so we were shown to be seated, but were stopped by the bartender trying to cash us out. That proceeded to take another five minutes as she was busy with other customers. After we were sat, it took 20 minutes until we had our order in. (were ready in 3). After our order was in two tables were sat in our section with the same server and they both had salads on the table before we did. It took quite a while between courses. We didn't get of there til 10:30. It seemed as though our young age and casual attire may have been the reason for such subpar service.
- corgimomDined on 8/16/2014The service in the bar was chaotic. When we were seated at our table, the service was deplorable. It took forever to get even glasses of water. The food was cold when served, and we got our silverware after the food. One of the wine glasses had 2 chips in it. We were celebrating an anniversary and birthday, and it was such an unpleasant evening.
- Restaurant weekNewbyDined on 8/16/2014It started out great, the owner came by and welcomed us! We were seated and waiter brought drinks and bread. Slowly came the salad. The salad was very good! After that we did not see the waiter for the next 2.5 hours. The only reason we waited this long was because our friends frequent this restaurant. They promised us that this must be due to restaurant week! I will not go back! This was our first time and it was obvious the waiter was a little out of sorts because we ordered the restaurant week menu. We tipped the waiter and walked down the street to the Bird! Service and food amazing!Special Features:
- Restaurant week jewel!FortWorthNewbieDined on 8/16/2014We we mt here for an early Saturday dinner during restaurant week - outstanding value - everything was great!Special Features:
- Not worth the moneyExpensiveDined on 8/15/2014It was very expensive. The food wasn't great. Mashed potatoes tasted like out of the box. Scalloped potatoes were really bland. Steak was small and pricey. Mushrooms were good. Overall we didn't care for the food at all. A friend recommended this place. We were really disappointed.
- Excellent choice!PhilthieDined on 8/14/2014This place was fantastic. Wait staff was attentive and knowledgeable. Food was prepared to our liking and was perfect. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable!foodiegaloreDined on 8/12/2014We dined here for the first time, and I was pleasantly surprised! The bar menu is unique (try the Texas Sipper!), and the food was great - especially dessert. My lamb chops were a touch salty, but everyone else's items were seasoned well, so it may have just been a one-off. Our server was very good, and I am glad that we tried something new during restaurant week. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Perfect celebrationFoodAllergiesDined on 8/12/2014Our waiter was wonderful. We had specific dietary needs, and we were assured that he knew how to communicate that to the kitchen. Our food eas prepared to our request, and the flavors were wonderful. Our evening was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/12/2014It was our first visit in a long time, and we enjoyed it very much. The "Restaurant Week" special dinners were very nice indeed with very generous portions! We will return before much longer.
- Great service!MeatEaterDined on 8/9/2014Courtney our server was great! Good was disappointingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FwmianDined on 8/8/2014I took my son out for a celebratory dinner after he completed the bar exam. Dinner was perfect. Food, service, all wonderful. I had not been in the restaurant for a few years. This was son's first time at the restaurant. I know that both of us will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HillcpuntryhousegirlDined on 8/4/2014Our meal was beautifully presented and delicious. The restaurant was very quiet as it was a Tuesday evening. The atmosphere is dark and romantic with cozy booths and an old club feeling. I'm not sure how romantic it would be if it was crowded though,as the tables are all very, very close together. Service was friendly but slow which was puzzling as there were only 2 or 3 tables being served - as if the staff was a little too laid back since there was no crowd. Overall a very nice dining experience.Special Features:
- A good experienceJbierschenkDined on 7/26/2014There was NO wait. The wait staff was outstanding and very friendly and attentive. The salads we had (chop salad and wedge salad) were superb. We both got the 8oz. Filet. For the price of 34.00, I expected some sides but none came with the steak - a la carte - although they did throw in a mound of mashed potatoes and they were delicious. For desert we had the creme brûlée. It was the best we have ever had. The ambience was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT RESTAURANT!!CWebbDined on 7/19/2014Enjoy every time we are there and will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedChuckoDined on 7/11/2014In Ft Worth to visit son and grand daughter. Got reservations early to minimize risk of 3 yr old granddaughter from interrupting any nearby tables (she did great for the record). Son got steak which had too much gristle, wife and I ordered special filet medallions with sauces. Steak Ok but only one of the three sauces did we care for. One so spicy couldn't even eat. Kids MAC and cheese was fine, they loved it. I was expecting much better for the price. Waitress was very attentive and atmosphere was great but couldn't make up for the over priced blahh food.
- Good, not greatKSUcoupleDined on 6/14/2014This is our second time at Mercury to celebrate our parents birthdays. We came back because our service and food were amazing the first visit. Not so this time. When we sat down we waited a while for a server and were missing several items from our table like knives, bread plates, etc. Our salad order was mixed up, and there was at least ten minutes between when our first entree was served and the last side was set down on the table. Just very disorganized and disappointing. Our total check was $496.78. And at this price everything should be near perfection.Special Features:
- OutstandingMsJBDined on 6/14/2014I took my son and daughter in law there. We were in a little hurry as we had a show to catch at Bass Hall. Our waiter, Marco, asked the question if we were going to the show. He made sure our food was on time and it was cooked perfect. The service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every meal is a banquetInsuranceguyDined on 6/12/2014We first chose mercury chop house because of its location - close for a director who works in the Wells Fargo tower. We continue our luncheons there because of the excellent service. ( Courtney is a public relations dream). Out of town guests remember the attentive staff . Prices are good and ambience is business conducive. We have closed many deals there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/7/2014We had time restraints on our evening because of show tickets. The staff were very conscience of this and made sure we were taken care of in a timely manner. This is our second visit and both times we were so happy with our experience. The wait staff is wonderful and the food is very good.Special Features:
- The following 590 reviews are from the Mercury Chophouse reviews archive.
- Whats with the flys?SuitsAndTiesLunchDined on 5/16/2014Eaten lunch here several times in the last 4 years. To start they have great warm rolls before the meal, but unlike most "nicer" places to eat in downtown Chophouse has failed to catch on to the idea that many people who are eating lunch do not want to spend 2 and a half hours eatting. Service always seems to be slow. The food is usually above average. It is better than Chili's but yet not really ever great. Finally there is always a lone fly that will inevitability find its way over to your table. Overall it is not the worst place to eat, but for the money there are much better places to go in downtown. This is usually always my last choice for a business lunch, but thats why they always can accomidate I guess.Special Features:
- It Was OkprettytexaslaceDined on 5/11/2014Not for sure what I was expecting. Perhaps my expectations were too high. The 6oz filets were fabulous. The mashed potatos were unimpressive...dry and pasty. The steamed mixed veggies were bland and totally lame. The grilled burgers were grilled burgers. Nothing special. The establishment itself was really nice. The place was not crowded even though it was Mother's Day. That was a pleasant surprise. We were seated right away. Took a few minutes to get served which was troubling. The valet guys were very quick and pleasant, however, bringing the car to us meant making a fast u-turn in the street and hitting the curb. Not too good on the tires! All in all, it was a nice place, but nothing special. Doubt that we will return.Special Features:
- Beautiful Dinner RestaurantkikisanDined on 5/11/2014I took my family here for Mother's Day Lunch, even though it is more of a dinner restaurant. We loved it! It had a very cool ambiance with gorgeous samba music playing the background. It gave off a classy, elegant vibe, which my mother adored & made her feel special on her special day. The service was terrific, and the food was very good. I recommend it to anyone, but I would say go for dinner instead of lunch.Special Features:
- Large group with little noticePatroclusDined on 5/7/2014I had to find someplace that could take a group of 8 on short notice and Mercury could. Food was outstanding. Service was just a little too relaxed for the hungrier folks in our group. Price point was a little high, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old School StyleBeachyGalDined on 5/4/2014I came here looking for a killer steak with the classic sides and that is just what I got. And then some! Started with a healthy belt of scotch and soda and Sinatra on the box. I was offered a half portion of a wedge and that was the right thing to do - was just enough salad. Bartender took this single lady diner in hand and made me feel like a queen. He could not have been more accommodating! Even found a smaller than T-Rex size rib-eye for me to enjoy with the 3 different sauce treatments they offer. Not cheap, mind you, but very tasty indeed. The beef comes with a tasty portion of mash so you don't need to order more veg but the string beans were nicely al dente. All in all, a classic joint in old Ft Worth that does not disappoint.