Merchants Row at 48 Monument Square
48 Monument Square
Concord, MA 01742Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Merchants Row at 48 Monument Square
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.concordscolonialinn.com/restaurants
- Phone: 9783692373x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 7:00am - 11:00am; Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Eric Heinrich
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: A convenient Boston area location like no other, Merchants Row at Concord"s Colonial Inn is an ideal function hall in Massachusetts and offers excellent cuisine, unique rooms and exceptional service for your social function.
We provide an elegant yet comfortable environment that's a distinct alternative from hotel chains, country clubs and traditional Massachusetts function halls. We pride ourselves on offering guests an experience unlike any other in the area. We have a charming and uniquely appointed room to meet your needs -- whether you're planning a celebration for 100 or an intimate tea party for 10.
The attentive and friendly staff takes great pride in treating each of our visitors like a VIP. All events, no matter the size, receive the full attention of our entire staff.
Our catering coordinator will work closely with you to help create a successful event that fits your exact needs and budget.
- Private Party Contact: Melissa Bourqe 9783692373x
- Entertainment: Join us in the Forge Tavern for nightly musical entertainment Wednesdays through Sundays. Wednesday evenings feature the ongoing "Jimmy Mazzy and the Last Minutemen" and Thursdays will find John Fitzsimmons and his folk-song guests. Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings feature rotating entertainers--all from the local Concord and Boston area. There is no cover charge.
Tuesday evenings feature the popular "Stump Trivia" nights. Join friends--or come as you are--and test your smarts against other guests to win gift certificates. Entertainment runs from 7:30-10:30 Tuesday-Sundays.
- Cross Street: Monument Street and Lowell Road
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Our central location, overlooking historic Monument Square in the heart of Concord, will allow your attendees to enjoy the attractions of Concord, Massachusetts, many within walking distance. About 20 miles northwest of Boston, our restaurant is easily accessible by car via Route 2, I-93, I-95/128. Concord is about a half hour"s drive from the New Hampshire border and is easily accessible from northern New England via Route 2, 3 and I-495.
A word from Merchants Row at 48 Monument Square
Merchants Row at 48 Monument Square is open for breakfast, lunch & dinner every day of the week--including holidays. Featuring selections that will please guests of all ages, Merchants Row offers a dining experience in a "Colonial Chic' atmosphere, including not only Merchants Row Dining Room, but also our Middlesex, Alcott, Prescott and Thoreau Dining Rooms. Whether you are joining us for breakfast, a lunch for business or pleasure, or a memorable dinner for personal celebrations or a neighborhood night-out, you will be pleased at the hospitality and seasonal menus found at Merchants Row.Continued
Merchants Row is just one of the newly-launched restaurants at Concord's Colonial Inn. We look forward to serving you soon!
Merchants Row is just one of the newly-launched restaurants at Concord's Colonial Inn. We look forward to serving you soon!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Merchants Row at 48 Monument Square - Best Restaurants in Concord, MA ›
Merchants Row at 48 Monument Square reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (19)good for groups (14)great for brunch (11)neighborhood gem (9)great for lunch (8)kid-friendly (6)romantic (5)fit for foodies (4)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (2)notable wine list (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Cozy BrunchCookieVIPDined on 2/2/2014Nice brunch with a lot of choices -from shrimp and smoked salmon to Belgium waffles, honey glazed salmon, pumpkin ravioli and the list goes on and on - not to mention the desserts and fresh squeezed OJ. Great value in a warm and friendly atmosphere. Wait staff is consistently impeccable. We often eat dinner here and may become regular brunch customers as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice location, but . . .SuburbanDinerDined on 2/1/2014Nice location and a historic setting at the Inn. But the food really didn't even come close to expectations we had based on 4+ star ratings on Open Table. Our meals were overcooked and bland, service wasn't very attentive, and a number of menu items were unavailable by 7:30 . We were there for dinner so can't comment on the lunch and brunch there. I might go back and stick to a beer and burger in the pub, but not back to the main restaurant.
- Lovely restaurantElaineDined on 1/24/2014My husband and I just love it here! Great food and service for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/14/2014Food and service were very good. The swordfish dinner was a bit salty, but good overall. Very nice place for a quiet dinner with nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining in Concord, MAjoyceDined on 1/4/2014Had a wonderful brunch with a friend at Merchant's Row in Concord Center. Lovely atmosphere, wonderful food and attentive and professional staff.Special Features:
- Our wait person was terrific,lovefoodDined on 1/1/2014Our wait person was terrific, but the host was unfriendly and detached.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Colonial Innfood4lifeDined on 12/31/2013We went for a new year's dinner and the special menu had great offerings. While the Moscow Mule we ordered was made with ginger ale and no garnish (really disappointing), the food was served timely and fresh. The prime rib was cooked perfectly as was the pan seared scallops. The large room still had a cozy feel and wait staff helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Fit For Foodies!foodie2Dined on 12/31/2013We went here for New Years Eve. Nice ambience and good service but food is definitely not for the Foodie crowd. More of a diner-quality meat, potatoes, and pie restaurant with some fancy menu names. Prices are fairly high as well for what you get. Not recommended.
- historic concord AND good foodStergDined on 12/31/2013My 22 year old son had low expectations as another historic inn has pretty boring food. This place had historic ambience and very good food. We took the Thoreau Room for a group of 20 (max in my mind). Its a live room so hearing across the table was difficult. Wouldnt recommend this room if we had older folk. Our waiter was excellent. Limited menu was more than sufficient to make everyone happy. Dessert bar popular with thosethat still had room! Pricey though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place to end the yearJohnDined on 12/31/2013We have always enjoyed going to the Merchants Row at the Colonial Inn for group functions, casual lunch or on a special occasion like dinner on New Years Eve. It puts an exclamation point at year's end by closing out the year with a combination of great food, wonderful service and the atmosphere they create at the Holiday Season makes it extra special. It has become an annual event to go to Merchant's Row at this time of the year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchPamMDined on 12/29/2013We went to Merchants' Row for a holiday brunch, and it was excellent. There were *many* food choices in the buffet, including an excellent squash bisque, and our waiter, Bill, could not have been more friendly or attentive. I would definitely recommend it!Special Features:
- they pack them in--so it wasmaryloumDined on 12/29/2013they pack them in--so it was challenging getting to the buffet and back--seemed over crowed--we had a reservation and had to wait sometime for a table--the entree food was good--the desserts were disappoining--little selection/only fair quality/nothing imaginative for the holidays---lovely decorations--touch pkgSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Xmas buffetJF02461Dined on 12/25/2013My wife, (adult) daughter, and I had a lovely dinner here on Xmas day. All the food was very good, and some dishes were outstanding, including chestnut soup, cod, pumpkin ravioli. It was a nice, fairly sedate crowd, in the colonial inn atmosphere, and our waiter was very amiable. The only reasons that I gave "service' 4 stars rather than 5 were that (a) there was considerable congestion in the flow of people to and from the rooms containing the buffet tables (probably unavoidable but a bit of a nuisance) and (b) the computer system went down, delaying the patrons' ability to get and pay the check and move on to the rest of the evening. It was not inexpensive, over $250 for 3 people with 1 drink each and tip -- but that was no surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice experience. don'tOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/25/2013Very nice experience. don't raise the price and I'll see you again. DonI would recommend this to a friend.
- Colonial CharmOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/25/2013We chose this place at the last moment for Christmas dinner. The staff was friendly and very accomodating even when we were late. The atmosphere and ambiance is classic New England country inn. While they offer an extensive menu, they offered only a buffet for Christmas. The choices were extensive and spanned everything from appetizers to soups to salads to main courses and desserts. The wine list offered a lot of options from very reasonable to special offerings. We thoroughly enjoyed the experience and plan to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food - but SO CROWDEDdeedeeVIPDined on 12/25/2013I have to say that the food was excellent. The only problem was that it was so crowded it was hard to move through the buffet line. There were people waiting for tables near the buffet which backed up the buffet line and made it very uncomfortable. It was so crowded that I thought if there was a ever a fire, you can't get through the congested doorways. However, I have to say that food actually made it bearable. Everything was excellent with a great variety of entrees. The desserts, however, were not that great. Which is odd because when we have been there before for brunch they were excellent. I don't know if they got new pastry chefs but everything was pretty dry or bland.Special Features:
- Christmas buffetNYCJeanVIPDined on 12/25/2013This was one of the best holiday meas we have ever had. The variety of fish, meats, and sides was fit for royalty and the dessert tables were loaded with sinfully delicious goodies. At $58 a person, it was worth every penny. We're from NYC and are used to dining in the finest restaurants but this was an exceptional experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas Eve and MarriageJosephDined on 12/24/2013The service at Merchants Row was excellent, and they took good care of my now wife and I.Special Features:
- Unbelievable!Pho5Dined on 12/24/2013I have lived in the greater Boston area for 35 years, and have never had a better meal, with better staff or better ambience than my husband and I enjoyed this Christmas Eve. All guests got gracious and immediate service, yet never rushed and a very decorative atmosphere. Our best Christmas Eve ever! EveryoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeStanDined on 12/22/2013We had a wonderful time. Great good at a good price. Our waitress was terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Traditional Inn with AtmosphereLuvegoodfoodDined on 12/21/2013Besides having a lovely table with delicious food, we had an ambiance that fit our need for a holiday dinner with all that entails. Fireplace, decorations fitting the season, congenial host and staff, etc. The food choices were perfect for our group of 5 and desserts were worth every calorie. Good place to try for authentic New England cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a special placemarjacVIPDined on 12/20/2013The overall atmosphere and ambiance of Merchants Row are so very memorable. The food is fine and the service attentive, but it is the lovely surroundings that will stay with you long after you've left. The combination of the history and the authentic coziness make this place a stand-out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Place for a Christmas lunchshepherdDined on 12/20/2013We have chosen to have our Christmas lunch at Merchants Row a number of times mainly because of the ambience of the Inn and they decorate for Christmas. The Inn and restaurant has a homey, old fashioned, classy and wonderful feeling! They really go all out in decorating for Christmas so it is the place to go for a Christmas lunch with a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinner with familyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/14/2013We dined here twice recently when different parts of the family visited from out of state, most recently with a large group when our southern relatives visited us for Christmas. The ambience wass just wonderful on a snowy winter evening, the menu offered something for everyone, the food was very good, they accommodated out large family in a side room that was just perfect, and the waiter (Bill, according to the charge slip) was one of the best I've seen in many years, a true professional at his craft, and one who also made us feel very welcome. Both recent dining experiences were absolutely delightful and genuinely memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great setting, mediocre foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/14/2013Merchants Row is very peaceful, comfortable, and unpretentious. The restaurant and inn were decorated in a festive way making it perfect for meeting a friend on a cold, wintry day. The wait staff are warm and friendly. However, the food was unremarkable. I was a little disappointed that the breakfast menu was not more extensive. I ordered the French toast which was just OK - the pain perdu I make at home is much better. I had to pay extra for bacon, which was thin, too crispy, and was not even as good as the store brand bacon I buy. Overall, I do like the Merchants Row for the New Englandy, warm setting and we like meeting there for our yearly winter breakfast. But you are definitely paying for the ambience, not the quality of the food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was just OK..WineGuruDined on 12/13/2013We are in our 60's and we felt like the young crowd! Had the Mistletoe Margarita...don't bother, the combo doesn't of gin and vodka doesn't work. My filet was great and cooked, med rare, as I like it. Would liked to have some veggie with it...only cam with mashed. Others in my group had shrimp and scallops which was excellent but could have been more of it. Prime rib was nice and thick. Had a bottle of the Gascon wine blend which everybody liked. Service was slow but we weren't in a hurry. All in all it was 'nice'.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner before a concertSaintDined on 12/13/2013We had a lovely meal. The stuffed clams were fantastic and the the was the best prepared that I had in a long time. Staff were very accommodating to a delayed guest and desert as a second thought after the original bill was paid. The only negative is noise. The restaurant was full and could use some sound deadening upgrades.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulLadybugnewmanDined on 11/28/2013We had thanksgiving and boy we were blown away by the choices and service. The food was super and the staff was very friendly. We went a few years ago and deffently be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreJEWELLSDined on 11/28/2013The buffet was messy, the salads table was yucky, salad dressing everywhere, stuff looked picked over and runny. The main buffet disorganized and messy, overflow guest in the way. The squash was soupy, the turkey dry, the paella way too salty. The mashed potatoes and lobster bisque were good however hours later we were all dying of thirst,too much salt!. They really needed staff stationed as servers to keep the food stocked and the areas cleaned. The desserts were again, just ok. Seemed like things were made too much in advance,stuff was either melting, or hard. I should note that I really am not a "foodie" or a picky eater, but at 55 dollars a person, I expected a little more My expectations were much higher than the quality of the meal..
- Thanksgiving at Merchants RowBVeeVIPDined on 11/28/2013Six of us went for Thanksgiving dinner at the Merchants Row at the Colonial Inn. The brunch set up was amazing and everyone went away full of very delicious food. I would highly recommend Thanksgiving dinner here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving Day DiningTimFromMADined on 11/28/2013We reserved a spot at Merchant's Row for Thanksgiving dinner. We arrived 10-15 minutes early for our seating but were seated immediately anyway. The server (Diane) was there right away and explained the whole set-up, got us coffee, took our drink order, the works. The dinner was buffet style, all-you-can-eat. My water glass never got below half and my coffee cup was always full. Diane was excellent. Instead of listing each food, I will simply say we (literally) tried at least some of offering. Uniformly fantastic! From the first appetizer to the non-traditional dishes to the turkey carving station the food was perfectly prepared and professionally presented. The serving dishes were replenished often and dessert was TO DIE FOR!Special Features:
- Server did an excellent job;BanditDined on 11/26/2013Server did an excellent job; food was good, but pork chop wasn't outstanding; crab cake was good Chicken dish was very good.Special Features:
- Great dinnerBarbDined on 11/9/2013Four of us had a wonderful dinner that wasn't rushed. The waitstaff was very accommodating and food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu was not too big and overwhelmifirecrackerDined on 11/8/2013Menu was not too big and overwhelming. Food was very good. It was my first visit there, and we wil be back. I also enjoyed some music from the Fiddler's convention. Also convenient on my drive home from work.Special Features:
- lunch with a friendsquiddymomDined on 11/8/2013lunch was quite good. Crystal, our service person, she was terrific and very helpful. thanks a lot, janSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lively Thursday at Merchants RowAndrewDined on 11/7/2013Dinner was especially nice and my wife and I really like the new menu. It seems like there are a lot more selections to choose from and I like the new items, especially the Baked Scrod. John Fitz always makes for a great Thursday night, too, with his music in the Tavern. Can't wait to return for another tasty meal and some great music.Special Features:
- Dollar Oysters in Concord! WonderfuMandySueDined on 11/7/2013My family and I thoroughly enjoyed our midweek dinner here on Thursday night. The dollar oysters were terrific and I could have made a meal just from them alone. I see that they have some specials going on just about every day of the week. I will have to check out their Sunday Brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and conversationBuzz58Dined on 11/3/201348 Monument Square is a great place for good food and conversation. I wanted a place to sit and talk and catch up with friends and 48 Monument was perfect. I had the salmon with a sweet potato and crab hash that was delicious. The service was very attentive and charming. And you have the added beneft of the atmosphere of one of New England's oldest inns.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- relaxing dinnersallenVIPDined on 11/2/2013We had a very relaxing meal and we were very happy with our server, Bill. The food was good but not outstanding. I don't think I would order the shrimp and scallop dish again as I think the seafood in it was a bit old. My husband enjoyed his chicken. A big plus: they had gluten free bread for him (he has celiac disease), and it was excellent.Special Features:
- Disappointed in lunchfrequentdinerDined on 10/28/2013My friend and I were disappointed in the lunch menu as pertains to choice and price. There were no "extras" with the sandwiches that we ordered and the presentation was stark. I doubt either or both of us will return to this restaurant.