Merchants Row at 48 Monument Square
48 Monument Square
Concord, MA 01742Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Merchants Row at 48 Monument Square
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.concordscolonialinn.com/restaurants
- Phone: 9783692373x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 7:00am - 11:00am; Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Eric Heinrich
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: A convenient Boston area location like no other, Merchants Row at Concord"s Colonial Inn is an ideal function hall in Massachusetts and offers excellent cuisine, unique rooms and exceptional service for your social function.
We provide an elegant yet comfortable environment that's a distinct alternative from hotel chains, country clubs and traditional Massachusetts function halls. We pride ourselves on offering guests an experience unlike any other in the area. We have a charming and uniquely appointed room to meet your needs -- whether you're planning a celebration for 100 or an intimate tea party for 10.
The attentive and friendly staff takes great pride in treating each of our visitors like a VIP. All events, no matter the size, receive the full attention of our entire staff.
Our catering coordinator will work closely with you to help create a successful event that fits your exact needs and budget.
- Private Party Contact: Melissa Bourqe 9783692373x
- Entertainment: Join us in the Forge Tavern for nightly musical entertainment Wednesdays through Sundays. Wednesday evenings feature the ongoing "Jimmy Mazzy and the Last Minutemen" and Thursdays will find John Fitzsimmons and his folk-song guests. Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings feature rotating entertainers--all from the local Concord and Boston area. There is no cover charge.
Tuesday evenings feature the popular "Stump Trivia" nights. Join friends--or come as you are--and test your smarts against other guests to win gift certificates. Entertainment runs from 7:30-10:30 Tuesday-Sundays.
- Cross Street: Monument Street and Lowell Road
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Our central location, overlooking historic Monument Square in the heart of Concord, will allow your attendees to enjoy the attractions of Concord, Massachusetts, many within walking distance. About 20 miles northwest of Boston, our restaurant is easily accessible by car via Route 2, I-93, I-95/128. Concord is about a half hour"s drive from the New Hampshire border and is easily accessible from northern New England via Route 2, 3 and I-495.
A word from Merchants Row at 48 Monument Square
Merchants Row at 48 Monument Square is open for breakfast, lunch & dinner every day of the week--including holidays. Featuring selections that will please guests of all ages, Merchants Row offers a dining experience in a "Colonial Chic' atmosphere, including not only Merchants Row Dining Room, but also our Middlesex, Alcott, Prescott and Thoreau Dining Rooms. Whether you are joining us for breakfast, a lunch for business or pleasure, or a memorable dinner for personal celebrations or a neighborhood night-out, you will be pleased at the hospitality and seasonal menus found at Merchants Row.Continued
Merchants Row is just one of the newly-launched restaurants at Concord's Colonial Inn. We look forward to serving you soon!
Merchants Row is just one of the newly-launched restaurants at Concord's Colonial Inn. We look forward to serving you soon!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Merchants Row at 48 Monument Square - Best Restaurants in Concord, MA ›
Merchants Row at 48 Monument Square reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (25)good for groups (15)great for brunch (9)romantic (9)fit for foodies (8)neighborhood gem (7)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Excellent in all respectsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/27/2014The food and ambiance were delightful, but most of all we appreciated the consideration shown by all the staff for an elderly threesome who did not move around easily and who needed more time than most parties would to decide on menu choices. This was exceptional service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealJonathanDined on 10/25/2014Went with my wife and another couple and had a great meal. Food was delicious. Only complaint was that they were out of all of their daily specials at 8:00 PM on a Saturday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service.DisappointedDined on 10/25/2014Highly recommend the colonial inn. We have eaten in the pub, had a family party in one of the function rooms and had dinner in merchant's row for the first time this past weekend. All great experiences. The atmosphere in each room is different and welcoming and the food is consistently good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014They really know how to prepare and serve food, and they know how to treat people! What a wonderful atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK, not greatPaulDined on 10/18/2014The food was reminiscent of the past but tasty. Chicken pot pie, pot roast, roasted turkey, and more. This was exactly what we were looking for, so we were please. Some dishes were very good, others just so-so. I had the seafood stew which was good, except I do not think the lobster was fresh. The appetizers were excellent - squash and apple soup, brussel sprouts wrapped in bacon and a bread pudding with leeks and something else. And the Indian pudding was superb.Special Features:
- WonderfulTBarnettVIPDined on 10/14/2014I made our group reservation at the last minute due to another cancelation. I could not have been more pleased with this restaurant. The service was fabulous, the food wonderful and the ambiance was terrific. Would high recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Classy brunchmarylaDined on 10/12/2014I met a work colleague at Merchants Row for a Sunday brunch. The brunch was spread across 3 rooms and included just about any food someone could want for breakfast or lunch on just about any diet. There were plenty of pastry and dessert items but just as many options for my high protein, low carb diet. This was not the cheapest brunch around but definitely the classiest, the best ambiance in a historic inn and the widest selection of foods around. Very good value on all fronts for the price. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/11/2014Very noisy. Prime rib tasty but tough. Leave off popovers. Prefer potato. Green beans raw.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere and food!ccjbirdDined on 10/9/2014First, Bill (our waiter who was from Greece) was GREAT! It looked as if he had all the tables (about half through restaurant)....but he still did a great job! Food was fabulous. We had the Swordfish and the Veal. We had drinks at the small tavern before and after....great too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and charming roomOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/9/2014Historic setting with good food ensures warm feeling. Classic New England foods with little additions that personalize meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Historic ambiancesrizzo63Dined on 10/7/2014I've eaten at the Colonial Inn numerous times and it never disappoints. I take our of town business guests here as the setting is wonderful and the food is always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnnieAnnieDined on 10/5/2014A great place to have Sunday brunch on birthdays and holidaysSpecial Features:
- Great food and service...Luv2eatoutVIPDined on 10/1/2014Seven of us got together for a belated birthday celebration. With over 30 years of enjoyable dining experiences at the Colonial Inn, I thought this would be a good place for dinner. I was wrong. It was a great place for dinner!!! Apparently there is a fairly new chef, and the food was way over the top. I had the best homemade chicken pot pie I've ever had, with a tasty pastry crust. Some of the others had a dish called Sole Munierre. Simply stated, they loved it! Anyway, great food coupled with the attentive and pleasant service of our excellent server, Bonnie, helped make this a wonderful birthday celebration for all. I will be going back again soon!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Unfortunately the main Merchants Row dining room was hosting a wedding reception, so we were moved to a smaller dining room, which was nice. The loud music from the reception was not nice however, and our waitress was very flustered by the change of location. She also mistakenly assumed none of us were of drinking age, which hasn't happened to any of us in many years. I think on a normal night with no wedding reception this would have been a five star experience.Special Features:
- Historic Concord MassachusettsEnglishSetterLoverDined on 9/12/2014Lovely olde Inn near all historic sites in Concord... Walk to olde North Bridge, Emerson, Alcott, Houses.Good food at reasonable prices.Lovely outdoor porch for restful dining. Nice place for a small group event like rehearsal dinner pre wedding or family event for 35 or less.. Enjoy. Reservations best....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food in a pretty settingLjstDined on 9/9/2014The food was delicious--well prepared and interestingly done. The dining room is formal but not stuffy, and the service just what it should be. It was quiet enough for good conversation and if we lived nearby, we'd want to come often.Special Features:
- Great meal in a great settingSeniorTravelerDined on 9/1/2014The Merchants Row restaurant is part of the Colonial Hotel in Concord. This was a wonderful place to eat and enjoy a part of history. The Clam Chowder was excellent as was the Lobster Macaroni & Cheese. The server was always there when you needed him. Next time we are in town, we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely birthday lunchEleanorDined on 8/20/2014I took my friend out for a birthday lunch and wanted someplace special. The Colonial Inn is lovely inside, the dining room was nice a quiet, the food delicious, and our server, Jasmine, gave us just the right amount of attention. Expensive but worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:
- AnnieDined on 7/27/2014The food was delicious and the people were courteous.Special Features:
- The following 87 reviews are from the Merchants Row at 48 Monument Square reviews archive.
- Good Food and ServiceElephantShoesDined on 7/2/2014The dinner menu was more like pub style food. I expected more from such a prestigious restaurant but the food was good. Our waitress was exceptional!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014We hadn't dined here in a long time. Atmosphere was very nice for a quiet dinner for two. Classy table settings. Good wait service. It's hard to get an extra extra dry martini even when you specifically order one, but mine was perfect. The oysters with champagne gelee for a first course were excellent. Our main entrees were good too, although I had my heart set on asparagus carbonara until the waitress realized I had the wrong menu and that wasn't being offered that evening. Mango creme brulee for dessert was superb. We will definitely go again soon.Special Features:
- Great, Awesome, so glad we went!lynnfieldmomDined on 6/28/2014This is an old favorite but we had not been for a long time. Am I glad we went! The food was amazing!!! Everything cound not have been better! The service was excellent! We can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/27/2014We were entertaining family visiting from Texas so all ages were represents and the menu was varied and everyone enjoyed their meal.Special Features:
- old and wornOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/26/2014Nice try, but this restaurant is just old and worn. Everything just seems tired. Recipes are poor attempts at modern styles and not very well executed. Our service was very slow, however the other waiter seemed to have his tables well cared for. This place needs an overhaul.
- Perfect spot for breakfast meetingLouiseDined on 6/18/2014Our meeting over breakfast was great. The menu provided wonderful choices, and the staff knew how to move breakfast along at a good pace that allowed us to focus on our meeting discussion points. Wait staff were efficiet and friendly. The omlettes and lox and bagels our party ordered were wonderful and we all enjoyed the perfectly prepare home fries. We also appreciated the non-bread approach, as we are all low carb. Wonderful spot for breakfast or many other types of meetings.Special Features:
- Not as good as it use to bedeedeeVIPDined on 5/25/2014We recently went for Sunday brunch and was disappointed. The taste of the food has declined. The desserts look great but are not good at all. Much of the food was dried out. This was the same experience last time we went and thought they were having an off day but after today we will not be going back. What a sham it used to be good. . The price of $35 is not justified for this buffet. .
- ExcellentDBdiningDined on 5/25/2014Excellent food, excellent service, excellent environment. We had an excellent time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not quite what I rememberedmp58Dined on 5/18/2014The food was good but it wasn't quite up to my expectations from prior visits. Except for the prime rib special the servings were smaller than I remember. The dessert selection was good. We were still looking for more to eat after dessert and no one in our party have large appetites. The server was excellent and very accommodating.Special Features:
- Lovely old fashioned colonial placeCambridgianVIPDined on 5/17/2014We enjoyed our dinner with the old standards excellently prepared and served. The dining room is classic New England formal, while not being stuffy. It was nice and quiet for a lovely evening. I had the roast beef, which was reliably good. I would recommend this to anyone visiting Concord and wanting good American fare in a lovely historic location.Special Features:
- Very good dining experiencenhmtnbkrDined on 5/17/2014I recently took a first date here and was very pleased with the overall experience. The food was very well done and came to the table quickly. Presentation of it was excellent and while the meals are somewhat pricey, they don't skimp on their portion size. I had the seared salmon, that was perfectly cooked, with just the right hint of moistness without being mushy. My date enjoyed her dish very much, a soup with oysters. The waiter was perfect, with the right blend of knowledge of the wine list (which is very well picked out), and attentive without being annoying.Special Features:
- Improved but bad coffeelincDined on 5/10/2014We'd not been at the Inn for a long time. The menu has changed a bit and has nice variety. It is significantly pricier, however. The food was good but modest portions for the price. The coffee/decaf after dinner was terrible.Special Features:
- Food impressiveConcordddinerDined on 5/10/2014Excellent food...the new menu is impressive...very modest wine listSpecial Features:
- Overall not very happyWinthropbytheSeaDined on 5/10/2014My husband took me here for Mother's Day (we came on Saturday). I ordered the Lobster Roll (at market price of $24.00) & was very surprised that it was not overflowing with lobster for that price - the lobster meat was placed on top of a fairly large amount of lettuce to make it look overflowing. The french fries were overcooked. My husband ordered the Fish & Chips and was very disappointed with the batter, which had an odd taste & fell off the fish before he could bite into it. The waitress was very friendly, but never brought our drinks and corn bread basket until AFTER our meals were brought to the table. The dining room has a lovely atmosphere but the food was definitely disappointing. Back to the Wayside Inn next time.Special Features:
- Mother's Day LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014The food was very disappointing. Steak and burger was overcooked, chicken had no flavor. Prices were ok but wouldn't go back and it's too bad cause we like to take family from out of State to see these types of Inns and restaurants.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/6/2014The food was very good and the service was lovely also. It was perfect for my hard of hearing relative because it was not loud. Very nice extended family evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved my waiter!!vpouliotDined on 4/25/2014The food was amazing! I had the Slow-Cooked Salmon with Asparagus, crab salad, pistachio, and chili oil, and my sister chose the Braised Short Ribs with Carrot puree, parmesan croquette, and caramelized onions. Succulent! I also enjoyed a smooth Malbec wine, and the foccacia bread and dipping oil was a perfect starter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/19/2014We ate there on a busy holiday weekend, but it did not seem to impact the food or presentation. The food was fantastic- impressive chef. The service was slightly off, but only by a touch. The wine list is thin. Prices are low for this quality.Special Features:
- Great food in an elegant atmospheremisspigDined on 4/19/2014If you spend a day in Concord, MA don't fail to eat here, since it's the nicest spot in town and quite affordable. There are several rooms to dine in depending on your taste, but I recommend Merchant's Row which is the more elegant locale. You can choose between the buffet ($22/pp) or the regular lunch menu. Service is wonderful and attentive without being obtrusive. The soups, in particular, are not to be missed.Special Features:
- Bad Start!Teddy7908VIPDined on 3/29/2014We made a reservation for 6:45 and arrived at 6:30. We were told by the maître'd that we were too early and we must wait 20mins. The lobby had no chairs and was set up for a buffet. Because the people who came after us's party wasn't all there the maître'd decided he'd seat us then. We went into the restaurant (which is a maze to get to) and there were open tables everywhere! Also the people he hadn't seated before us was a party of 5-plus. I don't understand why we weren't seated right away. The food was okay, the drinks were expensive and not impressive and the wait staff forgot part of our order. the half sizes are way to small and way to expensive. Overall it was a let down experience and we will not be going back to this restaurant.
- Consider seating reservedTwoWomenDiningAloneDined on 3/28/2014Consider seating reserved parties of two at sunset on the window tables! The place was nearly empty too. Host seated us by the noisy service door in a near-empty dining room on Friday evening. Unfortunate for me---it'll be a while til I want that seat again! Could have been swelegant tho. The seafood soup in saffron broth was delicious and more than made up for anemic salad greens. Wait staff was fine and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.