99 Prince Street
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.themercerkitchen.com/
- Phone: 2129665454
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Mon-Sat 7:00am-11:30am & Sunday 7:00am-11:00am
Lunch: Mon-Fri 11:30am-3:30pm
Late Lunch: Mon-Fri 3:30-5:30pm
Brunch: Sat, Sun 11:00am-4:00pm
Dinner: Mon-Thu 5:30pm-12:00am
Fri, Sat 5:30pm-1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, American, French American
- Executive Chef: Jean-Georges Vongerichten
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Corner of Prince and Mercer Street
- Public Transit: B,D,F,M to Broadway/Lafayette; 6 to Spring St; or N,R to Prince Street.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street parking available after 5 pm and on holidays and weekends. Parking garage is located on Mercer St. between Houston and Prince.
A word from Mercer Kitchen
Located at the Mercer Hotel, Mercer Kitchen brings a chic, sophisticated vibe to the heart of SoHo. When Mercer Kitchen opened in 1998, it immediately became a destination for New Yorkers, celebrities, and tourists. Situated in the basement of a historic building constructed in the 1800s, the… restaurant was designed by Christian Liaigre as a combination of industrial and classic modernism. Chef Jean-Georges’ American menu features market-driven, seasonal ingredients prepared in a simple yet elegant style, with favorites like the Tuna Spring Roll, Steamed Shrimp Salad, wood-fired pizzas, and classic Warm Valrhona Chocolate Cake. There is an open kitchen, where guests can sit back and watch the show.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mercer Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
491 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (217)hot spot (195)good for groups (158)neighborhood gem (148)special occasion (145)romantic (125)great for lunch (119)vibrant bar scene (110)great for brunch (102)late-night find (64)notable wine list (44)kid-friendly (17)great for outdoor dining (9)scenic view (8)Show More
- DisapointedMrsLDined on 9/28/2014Having followed Mercer Kitchen for a long time on Instagram and been really looking forward to the dinner, since I do not live in NYC. Our table was good but once seated we were forgotten. Service was very slow and not very attentative. Food good but due to the lack of attention I will not go here again and would not recommend the restaurant. It is not cheap and for the price charged the service should be so much better.Special Features:
- Fast food ?AtleDined on 9/27/2014The food arrived 3 mins. after we received our cocktails. Very fast, but too fast. The food was very good, but they seemed to occupied by having a high turnover of the tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kjfoodDined on 9/27/2014Very nice place. My salmon was not cooked and vegtables cold. Server took food away. I expected to get a new plate of food but my salmon was only heated. I had taken a few bites before sending it back and they obviously put the salmon in the microwave put it back on the plate and gave it back to me. Not impressed considering the good reviews and price of meals.
- Amazing DinnerIluvNYCDined on 9/27/2014We had an amazing dinner at Mercer Kitchen. Our server was so nice! The atmosphere is perfect and The food was amazing. The burger was spectacular, we also had the pasta and meatballs ,the meatballs were better then my mothers...and that is saying alot. The salmon was to die for. We also had a salmon app that was the best I ever had. The desserts were also amazing, if you go try the butterscotch pudding with carmel sauce you will not be disappointed. I never write reviews but we had such a great dinner at Mercer i had to write one this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Excellent food though pricey. Beet and goat cheese app and Lamb sandwich to die forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed breakfastNycloverVIPDined on 9/27/2014Very nice atmosphere and friendly service. Breakfast was great. I had Belgian Waffle. Great coffee. Enjoyed totally.Special Features:
- delicious foodfashiontravelDined on 9/26/2014a great place for groups there were 8 of us, the place is very buzzy & full of large groups so not one for a romantic night out but excellent for a good night out with friends.Special Features:
- Best burger in NYCJSNJVIPDined on 9/26/2014Excellent food and drinks. Kitchen is bit slow, it took over 30 minutes to get our appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Mercer StreetmezaustraliaVIPDined on 9/21/2014Love the ambiance and food at Mercer Kitchen. Service excellent and friendly. Perfect restaurant for fresh, quality food and great atmosphere for dining with friends or a romantic mid week dinner. Lobster with corn was absolutely delish, also must try the sushi with crispy rice, such a treat. Upstairs dining is more relaxed and perfect for a solo meal if travellingSpecial Features:
- Good food, bad serviceMarie31VIPDined on 9/20/2014We went there for brunch. The food is very good, the Mercer burger is delicious and The cocktails are amazing! I specially recomend the ginger margarita. However th service is Horrible and rude.
- gorgeous!HoangDined on 9/17/2014walked in and the pictures on the site did not do it justice! it is such a beautiful place. Got a great table and the service was excellent. Interested in sitting in the area right in front of the kitchen. Will be back again for sure! Must get the rigatoni & meatballs and shrimp salad.Special Features:
- Dinner for 4travellergreenDined on 9/17/2014Excellent food quality. Uses Niman Ranch meats which I love -- especially the pork -- and locally sourced products. Vibrant ambiance but there are areas where the lighting is reduced and the ambiance more low key and conducive to quiet conversations. Can be private or feel a part of the room. Attentive and accommodating wait staff. An enjoyable experience overall.Special Features:
- Excellent for clients and friendsskornDined on 9/16/2014Large group went to Mercer Kitchen for dinner. Everyone's meal was delivered in a timely manner and everyone exclaimed how good their dinner was. Staff was attentive, noise level made it possible for everyone to participate in discussions, pacing of the meal was excellent. Will definitely return for both business and pleasure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not as hypedadragonneDined on 9/14/2014This is a good neighborhood restaurant. Excellent service, nice decor and the food is good. I read so much about this place that I had very high expectations. We rushed into making reservations but the place was almost empty for Brunch. Food is well presented, I liked the small portions so we could tried a little bit of everything. The food itself, is a little bit overrated. Good ideas but no quite there yet. Desserts were outstanding, the Doughnuts and the Creamsicle are amazing. Would go back just for the desserts. Waitresses were very nice and attentive.Special Features:
- Poor serviceKonstiDined on 9/14/2014It started with giving me the wrong menu- lunch instead of dinner. Took ages till I was given the correct one. And therefore took really long till I could finally order. Refilled tab water in my glass of sparkling water! At least I got a new bottle of sparkling, but it was just disturbing as I had to call the waiter again! During three courses the waiter couldn't remember who ordered what, also didn't ask and just placed the plates wrong! So had to rearrange it ourselves! The service took forever in general! The food was good though! Not amazing, but really tasty! But the service spoiled the overall experience!Special Features:
- Average average averageMandmDined on 9/13/2014The entrees were nice. The mains were over sweetened and over cooked. The service was very poor. For a country that prides itself on good service, this restaurant was a let down. Nothing special here, I'm sure you can find somewhere much better in NY to dine
- good restaurant in SohoJuergenDined on 9/12/2014nice location with good food and friendly staff, but very noisySpecial Features:
- Mercer KitchenOut2LunchDined on 9/12/2014My experience was overall ...underwhelmed. To be clear ... it was not a bad experience .. I thought a small round table (approx. 2 feet in diameter) was not appropriate for 3 adults having dinner ...cocktails and a drink yes ...but not dinner.Special Features:
- Great!tefigDined on 9/11/2014had a lovely dinner at mercer great ambiance, great food, cool new york moodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful restaurantJaneCDined on 9/8/2014I took an out of town buyer here and found it to be a wonderful spot. The restaurant makes its own syrups and then fresh non-alcoholic beverages out of them- like thyme lemonade- and I thought it was the best drink I ever had! The food was very well prepared. We both had fish- and the waiter was extremely attentive (and spoke French!). The restaurant was mostly below ground, and that floor, where we sat, was extremely well designed and lighted. Loved this restaurant and will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatfoodDined on 9/7/2014Great place, fresh & REALLY good food! Loved it. Drinks are good as well! Service is good but the waitress could have been better on recommend drinks to the food. Romantic place yet trendy. Will def recommend to friends and family!! And will def come back! Well done Mercer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the service was terriblehappynowDined on 9/7/2014I visited Mercerkitchen last january and it was good. but this time was terrible. They kept me waiting even I made a reservation and let others set a table who come later than me. I hope to go again because of food, but I wil not happen.Special Features:
- Foodie9VIPDined on 9/7/2014The Mercer Kitchen has always been one of my favorite soho spots though my last trip was an unfortunate experience. We arrived 25 minutes before our reservation and were sat 15 minutes late at a table that remained vacant the entire time we waited. Part of my order came out wrong. When I ate into my delicious sandwich, I thought there was a piece of fat and when I tried to cut it off, realized that it was really just a half-raw chicken breast. The manager was quick to fix the situation, but that is definitely a memory that leaves a bad taste in my mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchGordyDined on 9/7/2014Excellent food service good only problem was that 1 dessert never arrived and 1 coffee same but very busy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tarnished ViewBurcashDined on 9/7/2014From start to finish this was an awful experience. For starters, the hostess when you first walk in the door was extremely rude on multiple occasions. Once they sat us for our 11 reservation she directed us downstairs to a long line where we waited to be sat by another hostess. After about 10 minutes we were sat where we waited another 10-15 minutes for anyone to acknowledge us. Once that happened it was quite a while before we actually got drinks. The girl waiting on us seemed like she was filling in and not in her normal job. I had to ask for orange juice 3 times and she combined my bill with the table next to me. All around terrible experience which will make me think twice before attending what once was one of my favorite spots.Special Features:
- too loudOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/6/2014The restaurant was too loud, my food was undercooked. Will definitely not come back here.
- Sophisticated and Well executedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014My wife and i dined there with another couple on a saturday night. We had a marvelous time there eating through the menu. Everything we ordered was very good. The cocktails were creative. My only critique was the low light in the section where we were seated. Otherwise a great restaurant with great food.Special Features:
- Incredibly rudeBigfoodDined on 9/6/2014When we arrived we were told we had to leave our table by 8pm. Who does that. At 7:50 they asked us to leave. We made a normal reservation on Open Table. Rude!!!Special Features:
- Dinner service lackingLuv2eatNYCDined on 9/6/2014Not going back to Mercer Kitchen. We were running 10 minutes late and called the hostess to inform the restaurants we were still on our way. The hostess coldly offered to hold our table for another 5 minutes, but then the table would be given away. We stressed and rushed, and got to the table only to see the entire restaurant was still empty. We then received appetizers before drinks. Oysters were not properly shucked and came out of the shell only after with a lot of prying. We ordered a soup and half of the soup was spilled over the edge onto the plate below. Every dish we received was plated to the wrong seat.Special Features:
- Good for after shoppingDaisyDined on 9/6/2014Very hot place -- kitchen cannot keep up -- party of four - three were served -- one order came much, much later. Was offered complementary kale salad. Salad was better than platter originally ordered. Will not come here again.Special Features:
- Good food, but not impressivejamieDined on 9/5/2014Hearing about this restaurant from several people, I was expecting top-notch food, and while some of it was (the tuna spring rolls and salmon crispy rice), everything else was below the level of food I was expecting from here.Special Features:
- Don't runPaulDined on 9/5/2014Sat downstairs and it was like sitting in an oven, was moved upstairs where it was cool , but the air conditioner dripped on us.had to ask for bread and felt neglected by staff. Will say the food was very good by not worth the expense.
- Great PlaceDACColombiaDined on 9/3/2014I don´t live in NY, but every time I have the chance to go there, I visit Mercer Kitchen. What I like the most is the ambiance. The place is full of life, people eating and drinking, and having fun. The food is good too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at MKFamilyRsDined on 9/3/2014Good food, nice atmosphere. A varied menu and a lovely environment in which to eat. We were I rushed and uncrowded.Special Features:
- Loved the Mercer KitchenAussiedancerDined on 9/2/2014I previously went to the Mercer Kitchen 3 years ago, and again it didn't disappoint. The food is delicious, the menu is diverse and the atmosphere romantic and modern. The staff were very friendly and were extremely attentive. I ordered the Mercer Burger which was gourmet and fresh. I had the chocolate cake for desert, and it was one of the best deserts I have ever had. The location of this restaurant is a clear winner, and the price for the food is one of the things that make me go back. A clear winner in my eyes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service needs improvementFoodhunterVIPDined on 9/1/2014Service should be nicer. The place is great and I have been there many times, but really attendants shouldbe more polite.Special Features:
- UNE USINE DE BOUFFEJJ2mtlVIPDined on 8/31/2014Après Nougatine, on m'avait conseillé ''Mercer kitchen''. Très déçu par une nourriture quelconque . Une sorte d'usine mc do pour BGBG... Le serveur ne comprenait pas l'anglais. Décevant.
- Fun and casualRularulz1Dined on 8/31/2014Been here for dinner several times and loved the vibe! Fun atmosphere and something for everyone! Brunch was great, good food and vibrant sceneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor servicePatrice33Dined on 8/30/2014I wanted to like this restaurant so much more. It was a fairly busy Saturday night but I expected the service to be much more on top of things. We ordered drinks (which were delicious) when we sat down but they did not come until after the appetizers (which took forever). Halfway through the appetizers they brought the meals to the table and when they saw we were not finished with the apps he quickly walked away with our meals and returned later with them. Who only knows where the meals sat while we finished eating. Nobody checked to see if our entrees were suitable or if we needed any more drinks/wine with dinner. Overall we felt rushed and ignored and the food was nothing special.Special Features:
- Pleasant dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/30/2014A bit put off that when we checked in (with reservations) that in 2 hours they needed the table back. The burger was great! We also had the chicken with mashed potatoes and green beans which was well seasoned, but slightly overcooked and dry. The ginger soda was as expected- very bubbly with a strong ginger taste.Special Features: