99 Prince Street
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.themercerkitchen.com/
- Phone: 2129665454
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Mon-Sat 7:00am-11:30am & Sunday 7:00am-11:00am
Lunch: Mon-Fri 11:30am-3:30pm
Late Lunch: Mon-Fri 3:30-5:30pm
Brunch: Sat, Sun 11:00am-4:00pm
Dinner: Mon-Thu 5:30pm-12:00am
Fri, Sat 5:30pm-1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, American, French American
- Executive Chef: Jean-Georges Vongerichten
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Corner of Prince and Mercer Street
- Public Transit: B,D,F,M to Broadway/Lafayette; 6 to Spring St; or N,R to Prince Street.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street parking available after 5 pm and on holidays and weekends. Parking garage is located on Mercer St. between Houston and Prince.
A word from Mercer Kitchen
Located at the Mercer Hotel, Mercer Kitchen brings a chic, sophisticated vibe to the heart of SoHo. When Mercer Kitchen opened in 1998, it immediately became a destination for New Yorkers, celebrities, and tourists. Situated in the basement of a historic building constructed in the 1800s, the… restaurant was designed by Christian Liaigre as a combination of industrial and classic modernism. Chef Jean-Georges’ American menu features market-driven, seasonal ingredients prepared in a simple yet elegant style, with favorites like the Tuna Spring Roll, Steamed Shrimp Salad, wood-fired pizzas, and classic Warm Valrhona Chocolate Cake. There is an open kitchen, where guests can sit back and watch the show.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mercer Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
495 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (206)hot spot (201)good for groups (153)special occasion (152)neighborhood gem (148)romantic (129)great for lunch (126)vibrant bar scene (110)great for brunch (107)late-night find (67)notable wine list (42)kid-friendly (18)scenic view (11)great for outdoor dining (9)Show More
- UNE USINE DE BOUFFEJJ2mtlVIPDined on 8/31/2014Après Nougatine, on m'avait conseillé ''Mercer kitchen''. Très déçu par une nourriture quelconque . Une sorte d'usine mc do pour BGBG... Le serveur ne comprenait pas l'anglais. Décevant.
- Fun and casualRularulz1Dined on 8/31/2014Been here for dinner several times and loved the vibe! Fun atmosphere and something for everyone! Brunch was great, good food and vibrant sceneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014I wanted to like this restaurant so much more. It was a fairly busy Saturday night but I expected the service to be much more on top of things. We ordered drinks (which were delicious) when we sat down but they did not come until after the appetizers (which took forever). Halfway through the appetizers they brought the meals to the table and when they saw we were not finished with the apps he quickly walked away with our meals and returned later with them. Who only knows where the meals sat while we finished eating. Nobody checked to see if our entrees were suitable or if we needed any more drinks/wine with dinner. Overall we felt rushed and ignored and the food was nothing special.Special Features:
- Pleasant dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/30/2014A bit put off that when we checked in (with reservations) that in 2 hours they needed the table back. The burger was great! We also had the chicken with mashed potatoes and green beans which was well seasoned, but slightly overcooked and dry. The ginger soda was as expected- very bubbly with a strong ginger taste.Special Features:
- Very good waiterFutfreeDined on 8/30/2014There where two very good things at Mercer Kitchen the waiter and the lay out of the restaurant. The food was good, but not a place I would go back to.Special Features:
- Great Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Mercher Kitchen is a great restaurant, I was truly impressed. The ambiance is very nice and the waiters are very friendly. I highly recommend the salmon crispy rice for appetizer, it is unlike anything else!Special Features:
- Enjoyed the Whole ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/29/2014The food, service and ambience at the Mercer Kitchen was great! We really loved the dining room decor and exposed brick walls. We all had different entrees and the food was excellent. I would try the burger, salmon on corn pudding or pork chop all again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food best, service great but rushedLuckyJoeDined on 8/29/2014We asked for recommendations for appetizers and for entrees and all recommendations were spot on. The food was great and the service was top notch it just felt like they were there all the time and we felt rushed through all phases of the meal and there was not a crowd of people waiting for seats. I would definitely go again as the service was very good and the food was great. we had the salmon and the skate for entrees and the sea bass and shrimp salad for appetizersSpecial Features:
- Birthday lunchRenguinDined on 8/27/20143 of us celebrated a birthday. All of us enjoyed the carpaccio, then devoured our entrees. Lots of fun. Only flub was when we asked for coffee. We ordered 2, they only brought 1. When we asked for refills, they cleared the cups. Not sure if it was a noise or second language issue. But I will be back cause Mercer Kitchen is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great breakfastJasonDined on 8/26/2014We where there with my girlfriend for breakfast and had pancakes with fruits and the bakery basket. The pancakes where excellent, the basket was ok but they really should serve the croissants warm. Great service and the place is very nice. Downstairs looks even better but that's for lunch and diner. Go there, you wont regret it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mercer kitchen amont my favoritesmarinellaDined on 8/25/2014Very refine cuisine ! Portions are great with a nice presentationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food, great atmospherelbovVIPDined on 8/25/2014The food was unbelievably good (definitely try the salmon sushi and the crab/snow pea/avocado starter, as well as the truffle pizza) and the service was impeccable. The waitress recommended us her favorite dishes and we were extremely impressed with her suggestions. Could not have been happier! Will keep coming back for sure.Special Features:
- not a breakfast placenyeats2014Dined on 8/24/2014We waited over 45 minutes for our breakfast ( basic eggs) and when it finally arrived one of the orders was wrong... Fancy pants place but the breakfast turned it to be a disappointment. I've had way better food and service for a fraction of the cost. Might come back but for dinner, not breakfast.
- BellaDined on 8/23/2014Worst service ever! They did everything wrong; forgot us waiting at the bar for 35 min (we hade made reservations), gave us the entrees before the apertizers, forgot that we ordered wine, the artichoke was dry and old, and when the check came there was more things on there then we ordered. It was a complete mess and they were rude on top of everything. I'm sorry to say that this was the worst dining experience ever and I dine out every week. There are so many great restaurants in NY, this is not one of them.
- Great dining experiencejcmeatloverVIPDined on 8/23/2014Got seated half an hour after our reservation, bar was packed, didn't bother getting a drink because didn't expect to have to wait. Once seated, we received a complimentary truffle pizza (delicious) before drinks order was taken. Everyone appreciated the gesture and efficiency. Gave us a dessert on the house as well! Our server was amazing, attentive and pleasant, knowledgeable and polite. Everything else we had was delicious, including lamb chop, skate, sea bass and salmon. Will be back!Special Features:
- Great Except for the Waitercsm8259Dined on 8/23/2014The food, drinks, and ambience were all exceptional. However, when we asked to waiter to come back to take our order because we weren't ready, he stated that there was a big party coming and that he would need to take our order in two minutes. The entire meal, my birthday celebration, was rushed due to the "large party" that we never saw arrive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodNYCgirlDined on 8/23/2014This isn't my first time to Mercer Kitchen, and this experience was just as great. The staff is super attentive- always refilling water, giving us more bread, checking in, etc. I ordered the Fish & Chips, and they were pretty tasty. The "chips" were not salted enough though, but the fish was very crisp. We had the warm chocolate cake for dessert and it was fantastic! Molten chocolate oozed out from the middle, and it tasted great with the vanilla ice cream. Will definitely come back again!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014Have been coming here for years now. A great spot for dinner or lunch that is cosy and always offers yummy food.Special Features:
- sleek yet homeyanonymousDined on 8/22/2014the atmosphere has nice modern, sexy vibe, yet also welcoming and un-intimidating. the food is simple and well executed. I enjoyed my dinner there and can't wait to come back.Special Features:
- Style over substance. Yawn.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/22/2014What a bore. Sadly did not get a chance to assess the food because it was the usual boring scenario of speedy table turn-around. We were early so had a drink at the bar where we were promptly collected (they waited while we settled out bar tab) on the strike of the hour. Rubbish table. Our unfinished plates were taken away without question (bread and a whole portion of fries) and the check was delivered immediately after we had declined desert. Consequently, the food was not memorable and I'm pretty sure my crispy salmon sushi appetizer was missing a sauce.
- Good ExprianceElilcoDined on 8/21/2014I was very happy with the service and food. it was a good choice.Special Features:
- What a shameHard2pleaseDined on 8/20/2014Tangine black bass was carrot heavy and black bass challenged. Tangine more form than function. Pork chop was well flavored, but the chop itself was grizzly and chewy. Great expectations dashed. What a shame Jean Georges.Special Features:
- Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/20/2014We loved mercer kitchen. The drinks at the bar were great, the food was outstanding, and we loved the atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mercer Kitchen rocksOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/19/2014Great space in SoHo, superbly designed in what is essentially a basement location that doesn't feel at all cramped. Delightfully friendly bar staff with a phenomenal Hendrick's gin cocktail using muddled mint and cucumber, lemon juice and simple syrup. Soup, pastas, veal were perfect. Incredible butterscotch pudding dessert with the richest caramel flavors. We'll go back again and again.Special Features:
- Excellent!Food4loveVIPDined on 8/18/2014Amazing food and excellent service! Our waiter Desmond was exceptional and made the entire dining experience even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for apps and cocktailslaslasDined on 8/18/2014Three of us went for dinner. Ordered three apps, the salmon on crispy rice (amazing), the kale salad (good), the shrimp (eh, overcooked). Our entrees were very disappointing. The tagine had no flavor, veal was overly vinegary, but the salmon again was a hit. Dessert was very good but the waiter forgot that we had ordered espresso as well. Wouldn't go back.Special Features:
- Lovely brunchGinDCVIPDined on 8/17/2014Enjoyed the brunch very much. Crowded as always, but kitchen kept up with the frenzy... Waitstaff not so much. A bit clueless with overlapping efforts but waiter, assistant manager, and busperson.
- pretty nice placeruthchrisDined on 8/17/2014Mercer Kitchen was pretty nice and relaxing. Our waitress was this statuesque model who came and checked on us often. Food was ok. Ambience was nice. It was nice when and quiet when we were there at 12. When we left at 2pm on a Sunday, the place was packed and a lot noisier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday BrunchEatNYCDined on 8/16/2014I made a noon reservation on a Saturday as I heard this place can get busy. My friend and I were seated immediately and there were plenty of tables open around us. By the end of our meal the place was a vibrant scene and had great energy going. The brunch menu has a lot of options for both breakfast and lunch style entrees. Sometimes brunch places are mainly breakfast items with a few lunch items here and there but that wasn't the case at MK. I recommended the tuna spring rolls and truffle fontina pizza. With drinks included the bill can be a bit pricey for brunch but that is to be expected at a trendy Soho spot. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Outstanding Service & FoodperfectbitesDined on 8/15/2014My NYC favorite! Cozy, romantic atmosphere, but also lots of energy. Food is to die for - oysters, fish, pizza, burger, desserts - all delicious! The service is outstanding. The staff goes out of their way to provide a memorable experience. Excellent wine list as well.Special Features:
- Last day of restaurant weekNewyorkerVIPDined on 8/15/2014We enjoyed the last day of New York restaurant week at Mercer Kitchen. The skate and salmon were excellent. THe presentation is interesting. I was disappointed in the service. The waiter spent most of the evening chatting at the server station while bus staff waited on us. I expected the server to return to the table between the order and check.Special Features:
- Could be better but still greatMarvilleDined on 8/15/2014I went here for the restaurant week lunch. First of all the service was great. The food had great flavor but was not executed wonderfully. My appetizer was tasty and interesting ( Never would've thought to combine corn and arugula on pizza) but it was a bit on the salty side. I had a burger and fries for my entree. The burger was a little under cooked for my liking (I was not asked how I'd like my burger done.) I usually like a strong medium, this was verging around medium rare. I was fine eating around the less done middle as my app filled me up and I still needed to save room for dessert which was a delicious molten chocolate cake. No complaints there. Overall I'd go back and try food from the regular menu before judging completely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good!FoodieFanDined on 8/15/2014Mercer's Kitchen is a go to for us each time we visit NYC and our latest visit was no exception. The food was fantastic (in my opinion the best burger in NYC) and the service efficient and pleasant. Consistently good and well worth the 'go to every time we visit' status.....Special Features:
- Perfect!PauxDined on 8/15/2014This restaurant is perfect for dining with friends. The food is good. I recommend ordering the pizza.Special Features:
- A place to forgetPaDyVIPDined on 8/14/2014So much for a new hot spot in the village! Everything was really average except for the nose level! I check energetic for lack of better option - but clearly if you like to have a conversation with the persons you are dining with, just forget about this cave!
- perfectrileyavesDined on 8/13/2014The best meal I've ever had was the Black Truffle Fontina cheese pizza here. The whole place was just a really awesome perfect environment that made the whole experience unforgettable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- slightly disappointedwhaleDined on 8/12/2014In general, my family like this place and we alway have good time in dinner time. This time we tried for brunch for restaurant week. The burger is not very tasteable. We ordered 3 burgers set and we didn't finished at all. My family is quite disappointed.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week Menu to DIE forAlyssa1023Dined on 8/10/2014I dined her with my girlfriend and we enjoyed the restaurant week menu, we started with the mesclun salad and the beet salad both great an good portion size. I had the burger for my entree and my friend had the chicken both were excellent. Dessert here was the best I have had yet!! Chocolate Cake and a blueberry white cake- how decadent!!! The Mercer Kitchen has restaurant week down to a science, a delicious one at that! Will absolutely be back before RW is over :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely perfect every timeHard2pleaseDined on 8/10/2014I am shocked at the bad reviews for this restaurant. We went to dinner on Sunday, August 10th and starting from the lady greeting us the moment we came in to the lovely hostess downstairs, to our beautiful server, it was nothing but charming and lovely service. The food was delicious and served promptly. I have also been here for lunch and there's nothing bad I can say. Always a home run. Perfect for a nice business lunch or a romantic dinner or drinks late in the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perlaDined on 8/10/2014just not impressed with the food. it was no big deal for the price they charge.Special Features: