99 Prince Street
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.themercerkitchen.com/
- Phone: 2129665454
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Mon-Sat 7:00am-11:30am & Sunday 7:00am-11:00am
Lunch: Mon-Fri 11:30am-3:30pm
Late Lunch: Mon-Fri 3:30-5:30pm
Brunch: Sat, Sun 11:00am-4:00pm
Dinner: Mon-Thu 5:30pm-12:00am
Fri, Sat 5:30pm-1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, American, French American
- Executive Chef: Jean-Georges Vongerichten
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Corner of Prince and Mercer Street
- Public Transit: B,D,F,M to Broadway/Lafayette; 6 to Spring St; or N,R to Prince Street.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street parking available after 5 pm and on holidays and weekends. Parking garage is located on Mercer St. between Houston and Prince.
A word from Mercer Kitchen
Located at the Mercer Hotel, Mercer Kitchen brings a chic, sophisticated vibe to the heart of SoHo. When Mercer Kitchen opened in 1998, it immediately became a destination for New Yorkers, celebrities, and tourists. Situated in the basement of a historic building constructed in the 1800s, the… restaurant was designed by Christian Liaigre as a combination of industrial and classic modernism. Chef Jean-Georges’ American menu features market-driven, seasonal ingredients prepared in a simple yet elegant style, with favorites like the Tuna Spring Roll, Steamed Shrimp Salad, wood-fired pizzas, and classic Warm Valrhona Chocolate Cake. There is an open kitchen, where guests can sit back and watch the show.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mercer Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
495 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (220)hot spot (198)good for groups (157)neighborhood gem (144)special occasion (136)romantic (117)great for lunch (115)vibrant bar scene (104)great for brunch (95)late-night find (62)notable wine list (43)kid-friendly (17)great for outdoor dining (11)scenic view (9)Show More
- Unmissable stop in SohoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Everytime I go to New York we stop at Mercer Kitchen for lunch and cocktail while shopping around in Soho. However this time we went there for dinner. Service was still very good but the atmosphere was much better. I always have the burger - which I strongly recommend - and if you want to choose a starter go for the squid. It was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014A great resto, with excelent options. I trully recomend the rigatoni w/ meatballs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarouselVIPDined on 10/16/2014The only draw-back to this restaurant is that it is too noisey - Not for serious discussions - and very dark - we had to use a flashlight on our phone to see the menu. food wonderfulSpecial Features:
- Not great.FineDined on 10/15/2014Our drinks arrived after the appetizer was done, after asking for them repeatedly. The food was ok, but not special enough for the $30+ entree price. Expensive applebees. There are too many excellent options in the neighborhood to bother with was seems like an overpriced tourist destination.
- Nice food, ambiance and noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014The menu, food and ambiance were awesome. The bar got really crowded and noisy so the volume was spread thru the whole restaurant.Special Features:
- Nice dinner at Mercer KitchenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014We had dinner at Mercer Kitchen on a Monday night. The Mercer Kitchen was recommend to me by friends. Service was very good. Food was good also, but not very exciting. The downstair area was very dim lit, which makes a very romantic ambiance. All in all, a lovely restaurant with good, but not great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurpriseNyctripDined on 10/12/2014Sunday night, one would think it would be a relaxing one... but the restaurant was full, vibrant, good food and good wine...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Could Be BetterDisappointedDined on 10/12/2014Food was very good, however the service wasn't great. Had trouble getting water refilled/placing drink orders - wait staff wasn't very attentive in general.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and super serviceAvapDined on 10/12/2014We had a great dinner at Mercer, the food was tasteful and the drinks amazing! A little bit too dark in the restaurant, could have been a bit lighter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must goSaraDined on 10/11/2014Hot spot in New York for lunch. Always a must. Great salads.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYKate11Dined on 10/8/2014Solid go-to spot for business or a night out with friends! Service was spotty on my last visit, which I believe was due to the restaurant being understaffed with servers that night.Special Features:
- Good meal...not great!SGFAVIPDined on 10/8/2014After all the hype on this restaurant I decided to try it. The interior space is very attractive. The service was fine...as was the food! But really nothing special!
- Over all wonderful experiencecpd2379Dined on 10/7/2014This was my second time at Mercer Kitchen and both times the food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great at Mercer KitchenLuvFoodDined on 10/5/2014Great food, vibe and atmosphere. Love their Sea Bass Carpacio. Always been there for dinner but this time was a brunch on Sunday. The Burger & the fish & Chips were very good. Kids Pizza was a bit too oily. Finally, one caveat with the front of house on the top floor. She indicated the top floor was full with an hour wait and downstairs was reservations only and they are full. Used Open Table to book downstairs on the sport and got a seating for 5 in 15 minutes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HE1216Dined on 10/5/2014A wonderful atmosphere paired with delicious food. Lovely experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!MercerMNDined on 10/4/2014We first mixed up the time on our reservation but they were so friendly and got us in on a crowded Sat night. We had a cozy corner table and loved the dark but vibrant atmosphere. Service was friendly and fast. Food was excellent!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre at bestYummy7VIPDined on 10/4/2014I really looking forward to eating here! Unfortunately, was very disappointed by the food. It was so average at best. With the high prices of just ok food, I won't be returning.Special Features:
- Outrageous service!seon0102VIPDined on 10/4/2014I dined here last Friday during lunch time. Even though I made a reservation at 1:30PM, our table was not ready 'till 1:45. Plus we were seated right below the open stairways. One of the most outrageous thing was while we were dining RIGHT BELOW THE STAIRS, the staff member was MOPPING upstairs and water was DRIPPING on my food. We let the server know about this, and even though there was a vacant table right across from us, they only insisted to pull the table away from the stairs. And NOBODY EVER SAID SORRY. I think this restaurant need COMPLETE REORGANIZATION of their staff members or else it's only going to damage Jean George's reputation. I swear, I'm NEVER going back here after such ridiculous service I got.Special Features:
- DanielDanielDined on 10/4/2014it was not one of our better dining experiences .maybe because it was brunch but the service and food were just not that good.my wife had the warm artichoke salad and it came out cold.even at brunch nothing should come out of the kitchen cold The service was all over the place. One sever who brought out our oysters didn't where they came from. We will not return
- DeliciousEast82Dined on 10/3/2014Mercer Kitchen reminds me a lot of the food at the Mark Hotel (love Vonguerichten--try Spice Market, too) except with of course a more downtown feel and energy. The service was fantastic, the table was much too small for all our food, and the food itself was great. The salmon/crispy rice/chipotle mayo dish is must-try for sure. That dish is what keeps me going back to Vonguerichten's restaurants. I had the Mercer burger, which was pretty good. The fries were meh. One more thing, importantly, is that I am lactose intolerant and this restaurant had VERY few options for that--which I am not faulting them for but think it important to know if you, like many others, have such a dietary restriction.Special Features:
- Good experiencejimdesarDined on 10/2/2014Very nice restaurant, service is perfect and friendly. The black sea bass tajine was succulent, so was the dark chocolate "moelleux". We highly recommend if you visit Soho, as we recommend all Jean Georges restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingFoodie101Dined on 10/1/2014This was my first time here. And I am definitely going back. Their Mac and cheese it to die for and I will be going there for lunch during my busy college schedule.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Ambrosial"CeeSeeVIPDined on 9/30/2014We first dined at Mercer Kitchen when it first opened years ago when our then teenage daughter wanted to try this " cool hip place." We recommended it to out of country visitors.They all loved it each time they visited Soho. We almost forgot how good it was. Our party of 6 thoroughly enjoyed the salmon appetizers recommended by the waiter. Our fish entrees were all delicious, from the skate, bass and salmon. Vegetable sidings were perfect. One guest had the veal dish. Quite ample that he shared it with the rest to enjoy the flavors. The caramel pudding was such a luscious dessert. No doubt the chocolate lava cake is still tops even imitated. Unforgettable ambrosial food. However the room got louder as the evening progressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisapointedMrsLDined on 9/28/2014Having followed Mercer Kitchen for a long time on Instagram and been really looking forward to the dinner, since I do not live in NYC. Our table was good but once seated we were forgotten. Service was very slow and not very attentative. Food good but due to the lack of attention I will not go here again and would not recommend the restaurant. It is not cheap and for the price charged the service should be so much better.Special Features:
- Fast food ?AtleDined on 9/27/2014The food arrived 3 mins. after we received our cocktails. Very fast, but too fast. The food was very good, but they seemed to occupied by having a high turnover of the tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kjfoodDined on 9/27/2014Very nice place. My salmon was not cooked and vegtables cold. Server took food away. I expected to get a new plate of food but my salmon was only heated. I had taken a few bites before sending it back and they obviously put the salmon in the microwave put it back on the plate and gave it back to me. Not impressed considering the good reviews and price of meals.
- Amazing DinnerIluvNYCDined on 9/27/2014We had an amazing dinner at Mercer Kitchen. Our server was so nice! The atmosphere is perfect and The food was amazing. The burger was spectacular, we also had the pasta and meatballs ,the meatballs were better then my mothers...and that is saying alot. The salmon was to die for. We also had a salmon app that was the best I ever had. The desserts were also amazing, if you go try the butterscotch pudding with carmel sauce you will not be disappointed. I never write reviews but we had such a great dinner at Mercer i had to write one this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Excellent food though pricey. Beet and goat cheese app and Lamb sandwich to die forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed breakfastNycloverVIPDined on 9/27/2014Very nice atmosphere and friendly service. Breakfast was great. I had Belgian Waffle. Great coffee. Enjoyed totally.Special Features:
- delicious foodfashiontravelDined on 9/26/2014a great place for groups there were 8 of us, the place is very buzzy & full of large groups so not one for a romantic night out but excellent for a good night out with friends.Special Features:
- Best burger in NYCJSNJVIPDined on 9/26/2014Excellent food and drinks. Kitchen is bit slow, it took over 30 minutes to get our appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Mercer StreetmezaustraliaVIPDined on 9/21/2014Love the ambiance and food at Mercer Kitchen. Service excellent and friendly. Perfect restaurant for fresh, quality food and great atmosphere for dining with friends or a romantic mid week dinner. Lobster with corn was absolutely delish, also must try the sushi with crispy rice, such a treat. Upstairs dining is more relaxed and perfect for a solo meal if travellingSpecial Features:
- Good food, bad serviceMarie31VIPDined on 9/20/2014We went there for brunch. The food is very good, the Mercer burger is delicious and The cocktails are amazing! I specially recomend the ginger margarita. However th service is Horrible and rude.
- gorgeous!HoangDined on 9/17/2014walked in and the pictures on the site did not do it justice! it is such a beautiful place. Got a great table and the service was excellent. Interested in sitting in the area right in front of the kitchen. Will be back again for sure! Must get the rigatoni & meatballs and shrimp salad.Special Features:
- Dinner for 4travellergreenDined on 9/17/2014Excellent food quality. Uses Niman Ranch meats which I love -- especially the pork -- and locally sourced products. Vibrant ambiance but there are areas where the lighting is reduced and the ambiance more low key and conducive to quiet conversations. Can be private or feel a part of the room. Attentive and accommodating wait staff. An enjoyable experience overall.Special Features:
- Excellent for clients and friendsskornDined on 9/16/2014Large group went to Mercer Kitchen for dinner. Everyone's meal was delivered in a timely manner and everyone exclaimed how good their dinner was. Staff was attentive, noise level made it possible for everyone to participate in discussions, pacing of the meal was excellent. Will definitely return for both business and pleasure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not as hypedadragonneDined on 9/14/2014This is a good neighborhood restaurant. Excellent service, nice decor and the food is good. I read so much about this place that I had very high expectations. We rushed into making reservations but the place was almost empty for Brunch. Food is well presented, I liked the small portions so we could tried a little bit of everything. The food itself, is a little bit overrated. Good ideas but no quite there yet. Desserts were outstanding, the Doughnuts and the Creamsicle are amazing. Would go back just for the desserts. Waitresses were very nice and attentive.Special Features:
- Poor serviceKonstiDined on 9/14/2014It started with giving me the wrong menu- lunch instead of dinner. Took ages till I was given the correct one. And therefore took really long till I could finally order. Refilled tab water in my glass of sparkling water! At least I got a new bottle of sparkling, but it was just disturbing as I had to call the waiter again! During three courses the waiter couldn't remember who ordered what, also didn't ask and just placed the plates wrong! So had to rearrange it ourselves! The service took forever in general! The food was good though! Not amazing, but really tasty! But the service spoiled the overall experience!Special Features:
- Average average averageMandmDined on 9/13/2014The entrees were nice. The mains were over sweetened and over cooked. The service was very poor. For a country that prides itself on good service, this restaurant was a let down. Nothing special here, I'm sure you can find somewhere much better in NY to dine
- good restaurant in SohoJuergenDined on 9/12/2014nice location with good food and friendly staff, but very noisySpecial Features: