99 Prince Street
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.themercerkitchen.com/
- Phone: 2129665454
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Mon-Sat 7:00am-11:30am & Sunday 7:00am-11:00am
Lunch: Mon-Fri 11:30am-3:30pm
Late Lunch: Mon-Fri 3:30-5:30pm
Brunch: Sat, Sun 11:00am-4:00pm
Dinner: Mon-Thu 5:30pm-12:00am
Fri, Sat 5:30pm-1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, American, French American
- Executive Chef: Jean-Georges Vongerichten
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Corner of Prince and Mercer Street
- Public Transit: B,D,F,M to Broadway/Lafayette; 6 to Spring St; or N,R to Prince Street.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street parking available after 5 pm and on holidays and weekends. Parking garage is located on Mercer St. between Houston and Prince.
A word from Mercer Kitchen
Located at the Mercer Hotel, Mercer Kitchen brings a chic, sophisticated vibe to the heart of SoHo. When Mercer Kitchen opened in 1998, it immediately became a destination for New Yorkers, celebrities, and tourists. Situated in the basement of a historic building constructed in the 1800s, the… restaurant was designed by Christian Liaigre as a combination of industrial and classic modernism. Chef Jean-Georges’ American menu features market-driven, seasonal ingredients prepared in a simple yet elegant style, with favorites like the Tuna Spring Roll, Steamed Shrimp Salad, wood-fired pizzas, and classic Warm Valrhona Chocolate Cake. There is an open kitchen, where guests can sit back and watch the show.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mercer Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
490 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (211)hot spot (199)special occasion (153)good for groups (151)neighborhood gem (146)romantic (129)great for lunch (119)vibrant bar scene (110)great for brunch (103)late-night find (66)notable wine list (43)kid-friendly (20)scenic view (9)great for outdoor dining (8)Show More
- gorgeous!HoangDined on 9/17/2014walked in and the pictures on the site did not do it justice! it is such a beautiful place. Got a great table and the service was excellent. Interested in sitting in the area right in front of the kitchen. Will be back again for sure! Must get the rigatoni & meatballs and shrimp salad.Special Features:
- Dinner for 4OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Excellent food quality. Uses Niman Ranch meats which I love -- especially the pork -- and locally sourced products. Vibrant ambiance but there are areas where the lighting is reduced and the ambiance more low key and conducive to quiet conversations. Can be private or feel a part of the room. Attentive and accommodating wait staff. An enjoyable experience overall.Special Features:
- Excellent for clients and friendsskornDined on 9/16/2014Large group went to Mercer Kitchen for dinner. Everyone's meal was delivered in a timely manner and everyone exclaimed how good their dinner was. Staff was attentive, noise level made it possible for everyone to participate in discussions, pacing of the meal was excellent. Will definitely return for both business and pleasure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not as hypedadragonneDined on 9/14/2014This is a good neighborhood restaurant. Excellent service, nice decor and the food is good. I read so much about this place that I had very high expectations. We rushed into making reservations but the place was almost empty for Brunch. Food is well presented, I liked the small portions so we could tried a little bit of everything. The food itself, is a little bit overrated. Good ideas but no quite there yet. Desserts were outstanding, the Doughnuts and the Creamsicle are amazing. Would go back just for the desserts. Waitresses were very nice and attentive.Special Features:
- Average average averageMandmDined on 9/13/2014The entrees were nice. The mains were over sweetened and over cooked. The service was very poor. For a country that prides itself on good service, this restaurant was a let down. Nothing special here, I'm sure you can find somewhere much better in NY to dine
- good restaurant in SohoJuergenDined on 9/12/2014nice location with good food and friendly staff, but very noisySpecial Features:
- Mercer KitchenOut2LunchDined on 9/12/2014My experience was overall ...underwhelmed. To be clear ... it was not a bad experience .. I thought a small round table (approx. 2 feet in diameter) was not appropriate for 3 adults having dinner ...cocktails and a drink yes ...but not dinner.Special Features:
- Wonderful restaurantJaneCDined on 9/8/2014I took an out of town buyer here and found it to be a wonderful spot. The restaurant makes its own syrups and then fresh non-alcoholic beverages out of them- like thyme lemonade- and I thought it was the best drink I ever had! The food was very well prepared. We both had fish- and the waiter was extremely attentive (and spoke French!). The restaurant was mostly below ground, and that floor, where we sat, was extremely well designed and lighted. Loved this restaurant and will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatfoodDined on 9/7/2014Great place, fresh & REALLY good food! Loved it. Drinks are good as well! Service is good but the waitress could have been better on recommend drinks to the food. Romantic place yet trendy. Will def recommend to friends and family!! And will def come back! Well done Mercer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the service was terriblehappynowDined on 9/7/2014I visited Mercerkitchen last january and it was good. but this time was terrible. They kept me waiting even I made a reservation and let others set a table who come later than me. I hope to go again because of food, but I wil not happen.Special Features:
- Foodie9VIPDined on 9/7/2014The Mercer Kitchen has always been one of my favorite soho spots though my last trip was an unfortunate experience. We arrived 25 minutes before our reservation and were sat 15 minutes late at a table that remained vacant the entire time we waited. Part of my order came out wrong. When I ate into my delicious sandwich, I thought there was a piece of fat and when I tried to cut it off, realized that it was really just a half-raw chicken breast. The manager was quick to fix the situation, but that is definitely a memory that leaves a bad taste in my mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchGordyDined on 9/7/2014Excellent food service good only problem was that 1 dessert never arrived and 1 coffee same but very busy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tarnished ViewBurcashDined on 9/7/2014From start to finish this was an awful experience. For starters, the hostess when you first walk in the door was extremely rude on multiple occasions. Once they sat us for our 11 reservation she directed us downstairs to a long line where we waited to be sat by another hostess. After about 10 minutes we were sat where we waited another 10-15 minutes for anyone to acknowledge us. Once that happened it was quite a while before we actually got drinks. The girl waiting on us seemed like she was filling in and not in her normal job. I had to ask for orange juice 3 times and she combined my bill with the table next to me. All around terrible experience which will make me think twice before attending what once was one of my favorite spots.Special Features:
- too loudOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/6/2014The restaurant was too loud, my food was undercooked. Will definitely not come back here.
- Sophisticated and Well executedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014My wife and i dined there with another couple on a saturday night. We had a marvelous time there eating through the menu. Everything we ordered was very good. The cocktails were creative. My only critique was the low light in the section where we were seated. Otherwise a great restaurant with great food.Special Features:
- Incredibly rudeBigfoodDined on 9/6/2014When we arrived we were told we had to leave our table by 8pm. Who does that. At 7:50 they asked us to leave. We made a normal reservation on Open Table. Rude!!!Special Features:
- Dinner service lackingLuv2eatNYCDined on 9/6/2014Not going back to Mercer Kitchen. We were running 10 minutes late and called the hostess to inform the restaurants we were still on our way. The hostess coldly offered to hold our table for another 5 minutes, but then the table would be given away. We stressed and rushed, and got to the table only to see the entire restaurant was still empty. We then received appetizers before drinks. Oysters were not properly shucked and came out of the shell only after with a lot of prying. We ordered a soup and half of the soup was spilled over the edge onto the plate below. Every dish we received was plated to the wrong seat.Special Features:
- Good for after shoppingDaisyDined on 9/6/2014Very hot place -- kitchen cannot keep up -- party of four - three were served -- one order came much, much later. Was offered complementary kale salad. Salad was better than platter originally ordered. Will not come here again.Special Features:
- Good food, but not impressivejamieDined on 9/5/2014Hearing about this restaurant from several people, I was expecting top-notch food, and while some of it was (the tuna spring rolls and salmon crispy rice), everything else was below the level of food I was expecting from here.Special Features:
- Don't runPaulDined on 9/5/2014Sat downstairs and it was like sitting in an oven, was moved upstairs where it was cool , but the air conditioner dripped on us.had to ask for bread and felt neglected by staff. Will say the food was very good by not worth the expense.
- Great PlaceDACColombiaDined on 9/3/2014I don´t live in NY, but every time I have the chance to go there, I visit Mercer Kitchen. What I like the most is the ambiance. The place is full of life, people eating and drinking, and having fun. The food is good too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at MKFamilyRsDined on 9/3/2014Good food, nice atmosphere. A varied menu and a lovely environment in which to eat. We were I rushed and uncrowded.Special Features:
- Loved the Mercer KitchenAussiedancerDined on 9/2/2014I previously went to the Mercer Kitchen 3 years ago, and again it didn't disappoint. The food is delicious, the menu is diverse and the atmosphere romantic and modern. The staff were very friendly and were extremely attentive. I ordered the Mercer Burger which was gourmet and fresh. I had the chocolate cake for desert, and it was one of the best deserts I have ever had. The location of this restaurant is a clear winner, and the price for the food is one of the things that make me go back. A clear winner in my eyes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service needs improvementFoodhunterVIPDined on 9/1/2014Service should be nicer. The place is great and I have been there many times, but really attendants shouldbe more polite.Special Features:
- UNE USINE DE BOUFFEJJ2mtlVIPDined on 8/31/2014Après Nougatine, on m'avait conseillé ''Mercer kitchen''. Très déçu par une nourriture quelconque . Une sorte d'usine mc do pour BGBG... Le serveur ne comprenait pas l'anglais. Décevant.
- Fun and casualRularulz1Dined on 8/31/2014Been here for dinner several times and loved the vibe! Fun atmosphere and something for everyone! Brunch was great, good food and vibrant sceneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor servicePatrice33Dined on 8/30/2014I wanted to like this restaurant so much more. It was a fairly busy Saturday night but I expected the service to be much more on top of things. We ordered drinks (which were delicious) when we sat down but they did not come until after the appetizers (which took forever). Halfway through the appetizers they brought the meals to the table and when they saw we were not finished with the apps he quickly walked away with our meals and returned later with them. Who only knows where the meals sat while we finished eating. Nobody checked to see if our entrees were suitable or if we needed any more drinks/wine with dinner. Overall we felt rushed and ignored and the food was nothing special.Special Features:
- Pleasant dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/30/2014A bit put off that when we checked in (with reservations) that in 2 hours they needed the table back. The burger was great! We also had the chicken with mashed potatoes and green beans which was well seasoned, but slightly overcooked and dry. The ginger soda was as expected- very bubbly with a strong ginger taste.Special Features:
- Very good waiterFutfreeDined on 8/30/2014There where two very good things at Mercer Kitchen the waiter and the lay out of the restaurant. The food was good, but not a place I would go back to.Special Features:
- Delicious oystersKarryDined on 8/30/2014I went to Mercer Kitchen for lunch and had a great time! The oysters were delicious and so were the entrees. I will definitely be back. =)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!GabyDined on 8/29/2014Mercher Kitchen is a great restaurant, I was truly impressed. The ambiance is very nice and the waiters are very friendly. I highly recommend the salmon crispy rice for appetizer, it is unlike anything else!Special Features:
- Enjoyed the Whole ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/29/2014The food, service and ambience at the Mercer Kitchen was great! We really loved the dining room decor and exposed brick walls. We all had different entrees and the food was excellent. I would try the burger, salmon on corn pudding or pork chop all again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food best, service great but rushedLuckyJoeDined on 8/29/2014We asked for recommendations for appetizers and for entrees and all recommendations were spot on. The food was great and the service was top notch it just felt like they were there all the time and we felt rushed through all phases of the meal and there was not a crowd of people waiting for seats. I would definitely go again as the service was very good and the food was great. we had the salmon and the skate for entrees and the sea bass and shrimp salad for appetizersSpecial Features:
- Birthday lunchRenguinDined on 8/27/20143 of us celebrated a birthday. All of us enjoyed the carpaccio, then devoured our entrees. Lots of fun. Only flub was when we asked for coffee. We ordered 2, they only brought 1. When we asked for refills, they cleared the cups. Not sure if it was a noise or second language issue. But I will be back cause Mercer Kitchen is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great breakfastJasonDined on 8/26/2014We where there with my girlfriend for breakfast and had pancakes with fruits and the bakery basket. The pancakes where excellent, the basket was ok but they really should serve the croissants warm. Great service and the place is very nice. Downstairs looks even better but that's for lunch and diner. Go there, you wont regret it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mercer kitchen amont my favoritesmarinellaDined on 8/25/2014Very refine cuisine ! Portions are great with a nice presentationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food, great atmospherelbovVIPDined on 8/25/2014The food was unbelievably good (definitely try the salmon sushi and the crab/snow pea/avocado starter, as well as the truffle pizza) and the service was impeccable. The waitress recommended us her favorite dishes and we were extremely impressed with her suggestions. Could not have been happier! Will keep coming back for sure.Special Features:
- not a breakfast placenyeats2014Dined on 8/24/2014We waited over 45 minutes for our breakfast ( basic eggs) and when it finally arrived one of the orders was wrong... Fancy pants place but the breakfast turned it to be a disappointment. I've had way better food and service for a fraction of the cost. Might come back but for dinner, not breakfast.
- BellaDined on 8/23/2014Worst service ever! They did everything wrong; forgot us waiting at the bar for 35 min (we hade made reservations), gave us the entrees before the apertizers, forgot that we ordered wine, the artichoke was dry and old, and when the check came there was more things on there then we ordered. It was a complete mess and they were rude on top of everything. I'm sorry to say that this was the worst dining experience ever and I dine out every week. There are so many great restaurants in NY, this is not one of them.
- Great dining experiencejcmeatloverVIPDined on 8/23/2014Got seated half an hour after our reservation, bar was packed, didn't bother getting a drink because didn't expect to have to wait. Once seated, we received a complimentary truffle pizza (delicious) before drinks order was taken. Everyone appreciated the gesture and efficiency. Gave us a dessert on the house as well! Our server was amazing, attentive and pleasant, knowledgeable and polite. Everything else we had was delicious, including lamb chop, skate, sea bass and salmon. Will be back!Special Features: