113 W Hubbard
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.merceronethirteen.com/
- Phone: 3123960113
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday-Saturday: 5:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Lachowicz
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Fireplace, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: After 10pm Chicago local favorite DJs
- Special Events: Mercer 113, Chicago’s first and only Resta Lounge, combines upscale food and contemporary cocktails with a comfortable yet lavish atmosphere. We offer several different party options for groups of 15-450. Please contact us directly for larger groups.
A word from Mercer 113
Mercer 113 is a restaurant/lounge featuring American Contemporary cuisines with a French twist. Menu created and executed by award winning Chef Michael Lachowicz. Relax in the lavish, nature-inspired setting while enjoying plates such as Foie Gras, Kobe Short Rib Burger and Vegetarian Risotto. Reservations are for the Dining Room only.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mercer 113 reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- A hidden gem before the bar sceneOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/24/2014The food is outstanding for a bar and better than Epic even (across the street) for a fraction of the priceSpecial Features:
- The following 83 reviews are from the Mercer 113 reviews archive.
- Good food. More popular for drinksCmoreVIPDined on 2/15/2014We were meeting friends here at 10 and decided to come an hour early for food. Love the decor inside and food was great. The restaurant is pretty empty at 9 with only a few scattered groups, which we expected. But it is always busy later for drinks and even a little dancing late in the night:)I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a night club thatKelseyinChicagoVIPDined on 1/4/2014This is a night club that serves food! The food is great.! But getting there early , before 10 pm you can only watch the bar people clean glasses and get ready for apparently the crowd!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for the senior crowdCharlieDined on 11/29/2013I took some out of town guests here at 6PM...it was all fine, except we were the only people there. This was a "hot" late night place. So if your adult CHILDREN are in town and want someplace to go, this would be the ticket. We had a perfectly nice evening, but I knew the moment we got in there, that it wasn't for tourists. Service was slow an inattentive, but for them it was like mid-afternoon! Beauitiful interior design and ambience, and I can onlyl imagine what it would be like at 10PM or maybe on weekdays for cocktails.Special Features:
- Terrible.NA11VIPDined on 11/16/2013This place is awful. I will give a much more detailed description on yelp. Trust me, you will know it's mine when you read it.
- Great French Food!LisaVIPDined on 10/31/2013I had the salmon and my friend had the scallops and both were cooked perfectly. True French Fare. It is more of a club place as it gets busier later in the evening. It was pretty quiet when we went at 7pm (which is the time they open for dinner). Wish there were open more evenings--it would make it easier to book a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointedftgillini00Dined on 10/12/2013My friend and I had reservations at 8pm on Saturday night and it was dead when we got there. It picked up after 9:30 and it seems obvious now that this place is not known for their food. I ordered the crab cake, which was a pretty standard crab cake. The service was slow. At one point my friend ordered a glass of wine and the guy showed up about 10 mins later with it. He had left the restaurant in the meantime to do something. Overall, it wasn't worth the money we spent. I will definitely not be going back there.
- Mercier for night life, not cuisineChicagoFoodieVIPDined on 10/5/2013The food was quite forgetable, like a Ceasar salad with a commerical dressing croutons that was not as good as your HS cafeteria. But it is more a night club than restaurant, and they are changing menu from dinning to small bite for the beautiful people that frequent such haunts. It may well be fun, but for dining, take a pass, try Epic accorss the street or Paris club not far.Special Features:
- We went early for dinner totitaDined on 10/5/2013We went early for dinner to try a new place. Place was empty (obviously a nightclub later at night). Our poor server normally comes in after 10 pm (she admitted) as she could not answer any of our questions about the menu. The people there are not thatfriendly, including the person at the table for dinner reservations. Food was fine, but not worth a return. Better service would've helped.Special Features:
- GREAT PLACE!PamelaDined on 9/21/2013Food was good, waiter was fantastic & good atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty GoodBMO78Dined on 9/21/2013I went to Mercer 113 off of a recommendation from a friend. I also went on yelp to read some of the reviews and they were all pretty spot on. Mercer 113 is a very nice and trendy looking restaurant. When my guest and I arrived it was nearly empty. Nonetheless we sat down and proceeded with our dinner plans. The crab cakes were delicious, as well as my entree which was the filet. I will say it could have use a tad more seasoning and sauce. Our server was extremely attentive but it could have been due to the lack of diners. Halfway between our meal, there was an influx of people coming to go to the lounge area. By 10pm hit, it had virtually turned into a club! I would more than likely return to Mercer 113 for drinks instead of dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- better than expectedMicheleDined on 9/21/2013I had a discount coupon to this restaurant, which is why we choose to go knowing very little about the place. The service was great, welcoming and efficient. We arrived at 7, which is early for this place. Wish we had reservations for later, to experience the dance party scene that happens much later. The food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not much variety for vegetariansPTsOpenTableDined on 9/20/2013Not much variety for vegetarians but the menu is great! Service is excellent. And if you get a later reservation, then you see the place transform into quite the night-life on the weekends. great ambiance...Special Features:
- SteakLissaDined on 9/14/2013The service at this restaurant was great! However we ordered the filet minion and it was TOO salty! I mean burning your throat salty! But when we told our waiter he was very gracious and brought us another steak that was much better and much less salty. The overall experience was wonderful but we had to warn the chef about the salt!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodbuckeyegirlVIPDined on 8/3/2013Very nice server, delicious food. Seems more of a dance club atmosphere but we were before 10pm on a Saturday so hard to tellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first timegabbyDined on 7/26/2013It was really nice, not many people were there. I wanted my boyfriend to have a good first experience having filet mignon and they did not disappoint. It just about brought a tear to his eye Very good service.would definitely love to come back sometime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/29/2013We had a great experience. The head chef came to our table to make sure the meal was to our liking. Great service and attention. Thanks.Special Features:
- Not bad.NA11VIPDined on 6/12/2013Mercer 113 is a good restaurant. I had the rib-eye, which was nicely prepared. The bartender needs a little work because that lemon drop wasn't that good. Overall, a good restaurant to try out.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but loudShanaVIPDined on 6/7/2013I was looking for a nice restaurant that had great atmosphere but wouldn't be dead to meet a friend who was in from out of town for dinner. Food was pretty standard American food that was done well but not unique enough for foodies. Had a really good waiter who was very attentive. We were having fun but then the music was turned up so loudly that we couldn't have a conversation. I knew that there was a lounge/bar/club but thought it was in a different area than the restaurant. Fine if that was the mood I was in but I wanted to sit and catch up with my friend. I would definitely recommend if you go a little earlier, eat and then plan to hang out with your friends or a date but not for people looking to have a great dinner and talk.Special Features:
- Awesome!LisaVIPDined on 5/25/2013Went to this restaurant for the first time and I love the style! The cocktail list was awesome. I had the salmon and it was honestly the best salmon I've ever had! My girlfriends had a blast and we didn't feel rushed… We hung out for a few hours talking and having drinks. It was the perfect start to our evening. We will definitely be coming back! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu Change Does WondersOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 5/24/2013Decided to try Mercer out and glad I did. They have changed their menu and the food combinations are memorable. I had the Halibut which was like candy, topped with asparagus and a engaging sauce. For my side there were three a sweet potato medallions cooked just right. My server Kita was great and attended to our needs. Will return and enjoy more of Mercer's delights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant.EuniDined on 5/17/2013Hostess was so plesant and welcoming. Our server was really nice as well, so accommodating.
- Great vibe. Good for drinkingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/20/2013Great vibe. Good for drinking and appetizers. Main dishes a bit disappointing so do not recommend for full dinner.Special Features:
- I have no intentions of returningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/19/2013I have no intentions of returning due to poor customer service. Our server never said thank you or your welcome, rarely smiled or even spoke to us, and dull. When we order our food she asked what we wanted on the side, we asked what our options were because we missed the little writing, and she says "there" while pointing at the menu. I'm sorry, but she could've said the couple option outloud so that everyone could hear. I chose a side salad and asked what dressings they had (those were not listed) and her next response was we have everything. I said, "Okay, then I'll have raspberry vinigrette." She responds by saying they don't have that and doesn't even follow with options. Am I suppose to play a guessing game...?Special Features:
- Good food, poor treatmentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/23/2013We had great food, and our server was attentive. But, the hostess was very rude and basically kicked us out of our table and got snippy with me when I said I was not happy about this since we had just bought another round. I did speak with the manager, and he gave us a new smaller table (our group had started to shrink) and a round of shots. He did apologize for the hostess' handling of the situation. But, all in all I don't think any of us will return after the way we were treated.
- I loved this place. The gorgonzolaOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/15/2013I loved this place. The gorgonzola gnocchi is my favorite pasta in all of Chicago.Special Features:
- Ok, but not great. Was surpisedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/9/2013Ok, but not great. Was surpised that it was not super packed on a Saturday night for dinner. Looks like it more of a lounge, than just a restaurant. Which is fine. Menu was scaled back and good but not great. Overall it was just a good experience...
- Our waitress wasn't attentiveBrandiDined on 3/8/2013Our waitress wasn't attentive or really interested in helping us throughout the meal. My friend's steak was rare when she asked for medium well. We waited 10 minutes then had to flg her down to send it back. She had no idea what we ordered to seperate our bills. The food was ok and the restaurant had a great look but was very loud (music). I don't think we'll be going back.Special Features:
- We didn't eat there but theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/24/2013We didn't eat there but the staff was great - really accommodating unlike some other restaurants in the areaSpecial Features:
- Not too crowded during lunch;HungrymanDined on 2/20/2013Not too crowded during lunch; not your typical bar food menu
- Went to Mercers as a last-minuteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013Went to Mercers as a last-minute Valentines dinner with a friend. Food and drinks were great, but was not an ideal dining option for a party of two. Much better as a group spot for a casual late evening dinner and/or drinks.Special Features:
- A Sports Bar or a Restaurant?swagnerVIPDined on 2/8/2013Mercer 113 can't decide if it's a restaurant, a sports bar, or a club. Atmosphere for a Friday dinner was too much 'bar' for me. No separation between multiple bars and dining tables. Acoustics are very poor. Interior design was interesting but totally ruined by the flood of large screen TVs everywhere, which makes it feel like a sports bar. Service was good. The food was decent. In a group of 8 all but one were satisfied with their meal, the exception being some overcooked fish. The Wagyu burger I had was delicious. The portions of the other dishes were ridiculously large even by Chicago standards. The desserts were mediocre, especially the chocolate mousse. The wine list is horrendously bad and very limited.Special Features:
- We were pleasantly surprised!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 1/25/2013We were pleasantly surprised! Food was fantastic--fun, shareable dishes. We'll go again.Special Features:
- The Dragonfruit Mojito isOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/12/2013The Dragonfruit Mojito is the best drink ever!! Slightly disappointed that the Cookies and Milk dessert was only one cookie. The server should have informed us of that.Special Features:
- AvoidbayamusVIPDined on 1/12/2013This place doesn't know what it wants to be. Is it a dance club? Is it a swanky sports bar? Is it a restaurant? At 7 pm, hours before they switch over to club status, awful radio pop was blaring. Unfortunately for them the place was pretty dead so loud music makes dining pretty awkward. What diners they did have they all lumped together in the same area, the place is pretty big and they could have spaced things out. As far as the food goes the menu certainly sounded interesting but nothing delivered. It wasn't "bad" or inedible, just bland & mediocre. I felt bad for the waitresses who all had to wear really short black dresses with tall black boots. Maybe I'm just not their target, but I don't think their target is in Chicago.
- I've been there late in theOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 1/4/2013I've been there late in the evening and its a fun bar however no one was in the restaurant dining at 8pm on a Friday. The food was good but not impressed being bugged every 5 minutes for another drink when my glass is still half full.
- I went for lunch and overallIeatIamVIPDined on 1/4/2013I went for lunch and overall it was a good experience. The menu is a bit deceiving. Their entrees are a bit small and should be noted as small plate items. The risotto with scallops really meant scallop, and came with just one scallop. The food it self was well done and tasted great. We were just hoping for more from an entree, or at least told that we might want to get a little something else to go with our lunch.
- Our server was Chelsea andTracyDined on 1/3/2013Our server was Chelsea and she was fantastic. Really great recommendations, and duper friendly. We will absolutely come back.Special Features:
- Went for the first time theOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/20/2012Went for the first time the week before xmas, so restaurant was a bit slow. My friend found a UPC code sticker in her steak sandwich (most likely from the onion), however, the manager quickly addressed and comped her meal. The banana split dessert had just 3 thin horizontally-cut slices of fried banana, which seemed pretty sparse, but suppose that's the norm for a trendier food spots. That all said, our waitress was nice and I would return to give the menu another try.Special Features:
- Love, love, love the place...coolOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/15/2012Love, love, love the place...cool crowd...would like to go back!!Special Features: