2501 N Harwood St.
Dallas, TX 75201Neighborhood:
Contemporary EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mercatbistro.com/
- Phone: 2149530917x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:30am - 10:00am
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Saturday Brunch - 9:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary European
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Whether celebrating with family and friends or hosting a corporate dinner, Mercat takes pride in making your special occasion one to remember.
- Private Party Contact: Private Event Coordinator 8557811815
A word from Mercat
Classic European bistro.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Mercat - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
Mercat reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (38)fit for foodies (26)neighborhood gem (26)romantic (22)special occasion (13)great for lunch (13)great for brunch (12)scenic view (7)notable wine list (6)late-night find (6)good for groups (3)kid-friendly (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Lovely bistro atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014Enjoyed the mussels, the short ribs, cobia. Nice selection of French wines by the glass. Beautiful patioSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!RowdyDined on 9/6/2014We are excited to find this jewel! The food was fabulous! The Cobia was excellent as were the ribs. The patio takes you away. David you are on to something special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding European BistroWineWranglingWomanDined on 9/6/2014My husband and I are always searching for restaurants we haven't tried. It was my choice this weekend and I chose Mercat Bistro. It was small, very romantic, with a friendly staff, excellent food and service. From the fried almonds and marinated olives, the warm goat cheese arugula salad to our main course of Cote de Boeuf, everything we put to our lips was superb. The French Bordeaux wine Don chose opened up to be the most delightful French wine we've had recently. The waiter suggested portiferoles that were out if this world and the maître d'/manager brought out two small mousses-tiramisu and chocolate. What a delicious ending to a beautiful evening at Mercat Bistro! We will return for many more dining experiences here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Turned Away from ReservationABWPDined on 8/30/2014Unfortunately I can't comment on the food because we didn't get to eat here. However, it smelled absolutely wonderful. We made a reservation on Open Table for a 2:00 Saturday lunch. We arrived at the restaurant at 1:53, at which point a server walked up and said rudely "You have 7 minutes if you want to eat". No real greeting or apology, just "you have 7 minutes". When we told them that we had a 2:00 reservation and asked to speak the manager, they both tried to get us to stay, but the first impression had left a very bad taste in our mouths. I'd love to return to try out the food, but was very disappointed with my initial experience. Be aware that they have reservations available for closing time, which is extremely misleading.
- Nice placeMetaDined on 8/16/2014I loved the experience . The atmosphere was good too. I was a bit disappointed with the food. My friend ordered stake. Which came out burnt. While we ordered the short ribs and it's was soo cold we weren't that hungry so we didn't say anything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent desserts but ....FineDiningJudgeDined on 8/16/2014It was my 1st time to try at Mercat, and I was quite disappointed. Here were why: 1. I specifically requested a table away from the water closet and aisle from Opentable.com, but the pretty hostess did not read my request, and put us at the last table right before the kitchen and wait staff section even the place was half empty when we arrived. That table was noisy and hot, so I had to request to move to a better table 2. I had to ask for breads after we finished our entrees, and our waitress said we had to ask for breads next time while our next table got breads automatically. 3. My entree was "delicious" but it had only one piece of green. A girl at the next table had the same dish as I did had four or five times the amount of greens.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticdesvdpDined on 8/12/2014We had an absolutely wonderful meal and probably one of the best steaks I've ever eaten. Definitely recommend!Special Features:
- Another delicious meal!LibrarianDined on 8/12/2014Despite our having made reservations to dine there during restaurant week, we had a relaxed and delightful meal there. The prices seem a little high since vegetables don't come with any entrees, but Mercat's choice of salads and appetizers are good and ample.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- small is nicefrance2niteDined on 7/26/2014Nice small unpretentious simple french bistro w/ very good food and wine list.Special Features:
- 30 minutes to get our first drink.Mkmg3313Dined on 7/10/2014The service was very slow even though there was only one other table in the restaurant. It took half an hour to get our drinks- beer included. We had a few appetizers and then left for St. Ann's. I would not go back.
- Hidden gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014This little hidden gem was a wonderful surprise with attentive and personable staff and incredible food! There is a cute patio but it was too hot for me but people were at there, even at 1pm in the afternoon. We had lunch there and the Farro and Kale salad with Salmon was wonderful as was the Quiche.Special Features:
- The waitress was a jokefoodforthoughtDined on 6/30/2014It was a Monday night and we were the only people on the restaurant. In a nutshell, the food was good, the ambience is quaint and the music is awesome. The service, specifically the waitress was horrible. She was slow, in attentive and sloppy in her appearance. I'm not hurrying back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so frenchdisappointedVIPDined on 6/21/2014great location, great french wine but the menu is everything but french. very disappointed. may i recomend you all look up L'effiel located in Hoffman Estates IL. This restaurant is what all french restuarants should follow. French owned and french style through and throughSpecial Features:
- Heart of Dallas French BistroMsGLoveDined on 6/19/2014I had read several articles about Mercat and its sister restaurants and finally got around to visiting. I was delighted as were my companions. It truly felt like we were in a European bistro..............the quiche was the best I've ever had, and the profiteroles were divine.Special Features:
- Great Brunch-Not for Kids...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/14/2014No kid menu offered and service was very slow. Food was outstanding, so that is all that mattered. We enjoyed it and will be back. The crepes were very good.Special Features:
- DateNightDined on 6/7/2014We chose to sit outside on the patio in the heat and had a wonderful night. Our server kept changing out our water with cold water and had terrific food. We will be back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014Best short ribs ever. great service. great ambiance. beautiful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious FoodDarylVIPDined on 5/27/2014You're in for a treat with the food and the scenery being just perfect for a dinner out on the terrace. I was advised the short ribs and the cobia are the house favorites, and ended up choosing the cobia and the goat cheese salad. Both dishes were spectacular. The fume blanc was a great pairing as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably wonderfuldallasinaVIPDined on 5/24/2014The foie gras terrine is the way to start, and several delicious starters later, launch into a well-portioned main course. Tables are tiny and the outdoor space under the umbrellas makes for a beautiful evening, and the dessert sampler option puts it all together. Go with someone you actually like, because this is one of the few places in Dallas where the noise level is not escalated into scream-level and actual conversation is possible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 62 reviews are from the Mercat reviews archive.
- ExceptionalDJ75205Dined on 5/17/2014Salad was perfectly dressed and tasty. Steak tartare was a huge surprise. Tons of flavors. Cobia was buttery yet firm. Deserts were inventive. Could expand bar with some after dinner drinks or ports. Mercat had it all the night we went. We heard that service was slow, but this has been fixed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food! A Go!Dine2014VIPDined on 5/17/2014My husband and I dined here on a Saturday night on the outside patio. Everything was perfect. Service was really attentive. The menu was well thought out. We really felt like we were in a French Bistro or outdoor cafe in Paris. I recommend the asparagus appetizer and beef filet. Food was so good, we can wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb ServiceAutumnVIPDined on 5/17/2014this is as close to Paris as you are going to get here in Dallas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time visitOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/10/2014This was our first visit and we really liked it.Very cute place with good food and service.Bartendress was great.Looking forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Belle FrancaisedallasinaVIPDined on 5/10/2014Always delicious! At a table outside under a big umbrella, no better way to spend an evening with friends enjoying steak tartare and wine and all sorts of lovely French bistro dishes. Service much friendlier than an actual Parisian bistro, if you are looking for a more authentic experience maybe one might request a bit more condescension. But we love it the way it is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute little spotOpenTable1VIPDined on 5/10/2014Had brunch on a saturday, sat outside, it was perfect. Only suggestion would be to offer a table or two that isn't shadded by umbrella - we like the sun.Special Features:
- Great again!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/26/2014This is the third or fourth time we have been and the service and food were as good as ever. This little neighborhood gem just keeps getting better. Try the tartar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Neighborhood RestaurantDickVIPDined on 4/25/2014This restaurant is truly delightful. With a little better service and a little better service it could be exceptionalSpecial Features:
- Little piece of Paris in DallasTimDallasVIPDined on 4/25/2014We've eaten here twice in the past week. Once for brunch and once for lunch. Inside and outside dining both remind you of a bistro in Paris. The food was fantastic and the service was friendly and nicely paced. Make sure you try the quiche and coffee - both were amazing. Manager David Carlos was especially welcoming and checked several times to make sure everything was perfect. We can't wait to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great overall vibeBridgetDVIPDined on 4/22/2014Amazing food, darling details in plates, lovely vibe overall. Very chic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Neighborhood RestaurantDickVIPDined on 4/18/2014Had been slow to try this restaurant and glad that we did. The food was exactly what we expected and are anxious to try additional menu offerings, the ambiance was perfect, but the service was somewhat rushed, even though we told our server not to rush. Others have indicated that their service was too slow. Hopefully the service issues will improve over time.Special Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/12/2014Overall excellent. Service very friendly but a little slowSpecial Features:
- nice placespeedr205Dined on 4/5/2014This is a great place for a diner with a refined palate. You'll enjoy your experience as long as your not expecting comfort food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a true treasureBusterVIPDined on 3/28/2014Although a little difficult to locate the first time [even with GPS] - parking is across the street - it was worth the hassle of finding it. Beautiful interior; well done menu, pleasant wait staff and all reasonably priced. The steak tartare, mussels, sweetbreads and steak were all stand outs. Looking forward to our return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paris in DallasBlueCatDined on 3/26/2014Very authentic French bistro atmosphere and décor. Food on two dinner occasions and one brunch was marvelous. Very friendly staff. I was in town for four days and after one night at Mercat came back two more times. Wish I could go back again this week a couple of times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my wife and i had dinner thererobertDined on 3/22/2014my wife and i had dinner there saturday night and found it most enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great French bistroOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/18/2014Tucked away in bustling uptown district, this restaurant was a perfect lunch choice. Tomatoes and mozzarella appetizer was excellent.Special Features:
- nice bistro with outdoor seatingOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 3/10/2014This is a very cute bistro that does have outdoor seating in the city. Ambience is great. I ordered the steak salad and it came with way too much dressing and I had to wipe my mouth after every bite. Also a bit undercooked meat. Overall nice place, but if you don't like too much dressing get it on the side!
- Good food/Terrible serveryoguiDined on 3/1/2014The only thing that made our visit unpleasant was our server Sergio. He was courteous but terrible time management, would walk away without finishing taking order, disappear for a long time, didn't knew how to enter orders in the computer. Saw the manager helping him in the computer and later on he stepped in to serve us at the table. The food was good and we enjoy the experience enough to think about going back but they need to do a better job at training their staff.Special Features:
- Second chanceNatDalDined on 2/22/2014The atmosphere is wonderful and they have a great patio.Great for a date night or a girls night. It's upscale but comfy European cafe style. Our steaks were full of flavor with delicious sauce, and the seafood was fresh and tasty. However, sloppiness kept this from being more stars. Seafood cocktail was served on top of what tasted like straight ketchup and nothing else. I asked for horseradish. We sat for over 15 mins before our drink order was taken and had incredibly slow service the entire time. We had to ask for menus.The staff seemed stressed and were all rushing around, bumping our table. I hope that something unusual was going on that night and this isn't typical. I'd go back, but I'd expect improvement before returning a 3rd time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastique!FrancophileDined on 2/22/2014Our go-to French restaurant, coming from a couple that lived in Paris for 2 years. Haven't had anything we didn't like, but do recommend the tartare, any of the steaks, and the roasted chicken!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.