Mercado - Los Angeles
7910 West 3rd Street
Los Angeles, CA 90048Neighborhood:
Beverly / Fairfax / La Brea / Third St.
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Mercado - Los Angeles
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mercadorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3239440947x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday & Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Thursday - Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Saturday 10:00am - 11pm; Sunday: 10am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican, Contemporary Mexican
- Executive Chef: Jose Acevedo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Mercado - Los Angeles
Mercado on 3rd St. is the 2nd location for partners Jesse Gomez and Executive Chef Jose Acevedo. The restaurant is an inventive mix of food, atmosphere and tradition, reflecting the heart & soul of new Mexican dining. The restaurant is set up as several different spaces, with the main dining area as a covered patio space that looks out to 3rd street for a beautiful view. The open air bar is a relaxing way to enjoy a cocktail and food. The menu exemplifies the cuisine and flavor of the partners Mexican roots, featuring items such as Chef Acevedo's signature Carnitas, created from a recipe handed down through generations. With tortillas made by hand, the finest meats, poultry and seafood, flavorful sauces, enchiladas and tacos, produce from the local farmers' market, and everything made from the freshest ingredients, Mercado offers handcrafted cuisine, artful design, warm atmosphere and service that is both friendly and informed to guide each guest through the dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMexican
Mercado - Los Angeles - Best Restaurants in Beverly / Fairfax / La Brea / Third St. ›
Mercado - Los Angeles reviews from OpenTable diners
131 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (73)good for groups (71)neighborhood gem (71)hot spot (57)vibrant bar scene (50)special occasion (28)great for outdoor dining (24)romantic (19)great for brunch (17)great for lunch (16)late-night find (13)scenic view (6)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Amazing service!MARIA6167VIPDined on 9/28/2014Out of the blue I decided to meet a couple of friends here and I can't stop gushing about this place! One of my friend's lives just around the corner from here and had mentioned the food was very good here. We got a few plates from the appetizer menu, mainly the different soft taco orders. They were amazing! We also tried the Chile relleno, which was huge! It was enough for all 4 of us to try a nice piece of it. The drinks are also very good. Our server Diamond was very attentive and had such a great attitude. Love her! Overall this place is what a fun is supposed to be. Great service and delicious food. Oh, the Flan was yummy, and i'm not a "flan" person....Will definitely be coming back :)Special Features:
- Good nouvelle mexicanTulipDined on 9/26/2014Good nouvelle mexican, a tad pricey, and very, very noisy.Special Features:
- Relaxing dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/26/2014After a long, difficult week at work, my boyfriend and I decided to treat ourselves to a mani-pedi and I made reservations for 8:30 for dinner at Mercado which is right next door. However, we ended up there at 7:00. We told the host we had reservations for 8:30 but if he had anything earlier we would be more than grateful. We sat at the bar and got immediate service. About 10 minutes later, the host came over to us and told us that he had a table for us. We were seated and our waitress took our drink order and shortly there after our food order. Everything came out in a timely manner, the food was delicious and the waitress was very attentive. The only thing is that it's a bit pricey, but the atmosphere and the staff were great.Special Features:
- Expectations met!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/22/2014I didn't know much about this restaurant until we walked in the front door. Very lively, energetic crowd. limited menu but enough selection to fit everyone. Food came out fast and fresh and perfectly cooked. Wait staff was very friendly and everyone in the restaurant seemed to be enjoying their night. I went on a Monday around 8 and the restaurant was full. A definite must try. Get the MOLE and the QUAC!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!BillGDined on 9/21/2014And the service was friendly and attentive. Some of the best guacamole I have ever eaten.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/18/2014The food was delicious, especially the cheese dip. The service was very good. It was a bit noisy, but the atmosphere was definitely energetic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VivsparkDined on 9/18/2014Had dinner with best friend visiting from out of town, spent 3 hours catching up over blood orange margaritas and food made for sharing. Musical a little bit too loud but food was great. Definitely need to go back many times to try everything else off their menu.Special Features:
- Food is terrificFriedmansVIPDined on 9/7/2014Best tacos in town and very filling. Also had the shrimp in garlic butter....wow!Special Features:
- A nice place, but pricyHK11Dined on 9/6/2014A nice place, but too pricy given the quality of the food and the small size of the portionsSpecial Features:
- the best of the best !!!allurebyerickmDined on 9/4/2014I have the best experience ever ... Best Food ever and great service... You guys are the best ... See you soon !!! 💄💋💎Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- surprisedrangodogVIPDined on 9/3/2014Thought I was going to a Mexican restaurant and was pleasantly surprised to find all of the food fixed with very fresh ingredients and not your typical Mexican fare....everything cooked with a flare....healthy, fresh, non-greasy....try the roasted pork...steak tacos....white fish tacos. Guacamole a must!!! I was disappointed that they are not open during the week for lunch.Special Features:
- Another great dining experience...LeilizzleDined on 8/30/2014As expected, our recent dining experience at Mercado LA was a great one. The food, drinks and service are consistently amazing. What else can you ask for!? Still dreaming of the tres leches cake and flan. Till next time...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulScottVIPDined on 8/30/2014First time here and we found it to be very good. Service was excellent, my main course was served not hot, waiter immediately took it back, apologized and made things right. This is how a restaurant is suppose to treat customers. Manager came over at end of meal to inquire about food they take pride in their food and service. The restaurant itself is well designed. The music they play is a bit loud but I think that's designed for the younger crowd that eats there. Overall a very good experience and will be going back. BTW ONE reviewer said no refills on ice tea, that is not correct they provide refills like most CA restaurants. Maybe the reviewer had too many of their great margaritas and thought he was in NYC.
- Solid, well-locateddantonDined on 8/29/2014This location has been the death of many other restaurants. Mercado has done a great job upgrading the space. I hope it lasts. Food was good--clean and fresh. The kitchen obviously has its act together as the food came out quickly even though the place was busy, and with no evidence of extensive pre-prep. Service was friendly and attentive. Good spot.Special Features:
- Always great!!!AndreaVIPDined on 8/29/2014I eat here all the time. Best carnitas ever!!!!! Don't miss the flan.
- $3.50 for iced tea-no free refills?steelman73VIPDined on 8/24/2014I've been here for brunch several times. Brunch menu is a nice departure from the ordinary omelets and toast. Usually a good experience, however I was shocked this time when the check came and I was charged $3.50 for an iced tea, and then charged another $3.50 for a refill! Hey Mercado, if you're going to be that cheap, at least tell the customers that you are charging for a refill, especially when you ask them if they would like more iced tea! Oh, and if you're going to charge me for a refill, then bring me a fresh glass with fresh ice and lemon...don't just refill my first glass!Special Features:
- Good Vibe !MaxOneVIPDined on 8/23/2014We love Mexican food and I we found this restaurant after reading OT review , food was excellent and also we enjoyed the atmosphere , the service was fast , overall a great food experience .
- EXTRA EXTRA..YUMMY FOODIE PLACEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014So I have been to Mercado LA before and each time I plan a dinner here, it has always been an extremely remarkable experience. I went with my best friend who was visiting for Virginia who likes to eat boutique Mexican food...so first thought came to mind was Mercado. As soon as we walked in I was greeted by a attentive host who seated us right away...which is always a plus as I did arrive 15 minutes early of my initial reservation. Once seated, I was greeted by a beautiful waitress named Stephanie who fulfilled every request with no delay. Like her excellent customer service didn't seem like she was trying hard like some waiters/waitresses do; it was seamless :). I would definitely recommend this place to anyone who enjoys top notch qualitySpecial Features:
- Mexican food in a fun atmosphererag2105VIPDined on 8/23/2014Mercado is different from a place like El Cholo in that you'll be exposed to more interesting dishes with non-traditional ingredients. However, if you are having a craving for American-style Mexican food, the things on their menu will generally hit the spot. The price premium is about 20-30% over El Cholo. As for the good: their corn side dish, the tamales, choriqueso, fish tacos, the "pina" martini. As for the bad: the carne asada... one of the worst I have ever had in LA. The last time we visited, I felt like the service was also lacking a bit, but not enough to ruin the experience. Overall, a good place to bring a group to have some pretty good food over a lot of drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Demasiado ruidoChuMinHoDined on 8/17/2014Es la tercera vez que cenamos en Mercado de la 3a. con Fairfax y probablemente será la última. No es que la comida sea mala, todo lo contrario, es de los mejores restaurantes Mexicanos de LA, las carnitas son de mantequilla y la carne asada está sabrosísima. Tampoco es por el servicio, que me parece que es bastante bueno. Básicamente es por el ruido que hay en la sala. No se puede hablar; entender a las personas del servicio es casi misión imposible. Ese ruido convierte un buen restaurante en un infierno, sobre todo si, como es mi caso, tienes problemas para oir con tanto ruido. Las 3 veces nos fuimos lo más rápidamente que pudimos y al salir nos quedamos todavía más impresionados del ruido que había dentro. No volveremos, ¡una pena!Special Features:
- MichaelDined on 8/15/2014My wife and I've been there several times and we absolutely love the food. The Service and the staff are without equal, just like the owner who I had the pleasure of meeting several months ago. The flan is over-the-top unbelievable; unlike any other flan that I've ever had before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food great serviceKZYKZVIPDined on 8/13/2014My second time here. Love the food, the service has been great. I will go back for sure.Special Features:
- As Always... AmazingAndreaVIPDined on 8/12/2014The best Mexican food in Los Angeles... love this place!!!!! Carnitas to die for!Special Features:
- Mmm, Mercado…OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/7/2014Been here several times, took my friend for the first time. We split 3 small and 1 large plate. Everything was tasty, some more than others. The Callos de Hacha and Carnitas Tamales were the best. The Jamaica Margarita never disappoints (they're getting stingy on the alcohol now…). Avoid La Piña and the Mercado Margarita unless you don't mind paying for ice with a shot of tequila… Mercado was good. Was it $106 good? I've had better for less. But I'd be more stealthy about what I order next time :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MercadoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014The food at Mercado is great and the drinks are amazing! The Ruby Red Grapefruit Margarita is to die for! Overall, great place! The servers seem a little overwhelmed and it takes them quite a long time to come back to the table to take your food order etc. But the food and drinks make up for it!Special Features:
- Not your average Mexican foodEatemupDined on 8/4/2014Mercado staff were excellent. My buddy and his wife and 15 month old son enjoyed their meal and everything was delicious. I ordered too much food but it was all worth. Scallop was tender and tasty. Steak was cooked just right. Chicken was slightly dry but overall it was good. Pulled pork melted in my mouth. Small plates like elotes, tacos, and shrimp were also great starters. I was actually getting full before I got my food, but I had to finish it off with flan. Btw... Don't forget house made corn tortillas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous.....kwallDined on 8/1/2014....had a great time - again.....this time we sat in the dining booths vs the communal table tops....awesome and super comfy....did the ribeye special and it was incredible.....hard to try it as i'm a huge carne asada fan.....still, everything was fabulous - as always....Special Features:
- Great restaurant!JulesManfrediDined on 7/25/2014Really cool atmosphere. There was a covered patio and indoor seating. Service was great, food was even better. Well lit bar area, great vibe!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DrDBDined on 7/23/2014Excellent all around but very loud. Perhaps there is a way to soften the noise level? Other than that...PERFECT!!!!Special Features:
- Carnitas!!!TomasVIPDined on 7/21/2014Carnitas are the Best I've found ANYWHERE!! You have got to try them, I'm just sayin...Special Features:
- Really good foodPrepusioDined on 7/14/2014Mexicans in kitchen, because that food speaks chilango. Much better than expected. Very loud place, but good food, good good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waitress was wonderful.SuesueDined on 7/13/2014I don't remember waitresses name but young African American with close cut hair: excellent service, very knowledgeable about food. Excellent service. Will be returning with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved it.adepapeDined on 7/13/2014Amazing spot for brunch. Really cleverly put together mexican rooted brunch options. Really great service. Awesome interior and great food.Special Features:
- Delicious Birthday Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/12/2014We had a group of 6 and had a great time. The food was delicious, especially the carnitas!Special Features:
- mateo41VIPDined on 7/6/2014Love the contemporary look of the restaurant - they offer a large Sunday brunch menu - try the corn side - it complements all of the dishes.Special Features:
- Fun, Modern MexicanChinesefoodloverDined on 7/5/2014This is a great restaurant to go with a group of friends for modern Mexican cuisine and drinks. Arrive early to enjoy cocktails, most are inventive takes on Mexican and tropical drinks. The restaurant is light and bright with large panel windows that are open to Third street. This makes the ambience more lively than intimate, so not really the place to take a date. t's advisable for a group to order as many appetizers as possible including the squash blossoms, guacamole, and the delicious tamales (order two)! For a main course all but two of our party ordered the sea bass special, but the chicken mole was delicious as well. And save room for dessert - the flan is excellent as is the tres leches cake. And both are large enough to share.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Except for the noise level, it was excellent. Your system did not allow me to give it the max on noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentdocwalkerDined on 7/3/2014I loved eating here. My wife and I took my parents when they were in town. We were a little nervous since we had never been before. The food was fantastic! The service was good, but the manager was stellar. He gave us complimentary flan... I will order it every time I go back because it was so rich and amazing! The sauce they give you is amazing too. I got the carnitas for dinner and the meat was SOOOO tender! I loved it!Special Features:
- Great Food!GoodTimesVIPDined on 7/3/2014We randomly came to the new Mercado after shopping at The Grove. Lucky for us we made it just in time for happy. Everything was great and our server David was the best. My husband absolutely loved the scallops so I definitely see us making another visit in the near future. IF you are looking for a place that has great food and drinks than this is it. If you can stop during happy hour and try a number of different items. Beside the scallops I recommend the carnitas tacos. Both locations are great for a good time and yummy Mexican food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grerat drinks, great foodspicyispreferredDined on 7/2/2014If you like great appetizers, you have to try their guacamole. It's chunky with great flavor. Another spicy treats is their jicama salad. A nice refreshing salad with a kick of spice. I love their steak and chicken tacos, but the carnitas are to die for; a must have if you love pork. Great drinks that are always made to your liking. Everything I've eaten there is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.