1970 Montauk Highway
Bridgehampton, NY 11932Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://mercadony.com/
- Phone: 6312371334
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm;
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30pm - 3:00pm,
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm;
Thursday- Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, Mexican
- Executive Chef: Marcel Link
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer customized options to meet any needs you may have.
- Private Party Facilities: Our back room can accommodate parties up 50 people for sit down dinner and 75 for buffet style
- Private Party Contact: Marcel Link 6465264669
- Entertainment: Tango Dancing and Lessons on Tuesday starting at 7:30 Karaoke Saturdays at 10pm
A word from Mercado
Mercado in Bridgehampton offers a true taste of Mexico in a warm rustic atmosphere. Mercado (Market) promises to delight your taste buds with Mexico's extraordinary vibrant flavors composed of market fresh dishes using the finest local ingredients as well as those imported from Mexican Markets. With 75 tequilas & 20 beers on draft complementing our flavorful dishes perfectly, we offer the widest selection of Tequila & draft beer you will find anywhere in the Hamptons. We also offer a great selection of margaritas and cocktails. After extensive travel thrugh the heart of Mexico working to understand its cuisine and delightful flavors, Chef/Owner Marcel Link with the help of Chef Julieta Ballesteros of Crema and China Latina in NYC created something special at Mercado. Julieta Ballesteros has been voted either the #1 or #2 Mexican chef in NYC by Zagats for 6 years running. She has appeared as a Mexican cusine consultant on Kitchen Nightmares and has been an Iron Chef contestant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mercado reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (6)late-night find (6)neighborhood gem (6)fit for foodies (5)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (3)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Always goodWtrMilldinerDined on 8/15/2014Always good. Very good food and great beer selection. Best guacamole we have ever had!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was greatthe4ofusVIPDined on 8/9/2014Our food was great, our service was not worth the tip that I provided. We watched her on the cell phone at the bar. She was happy then, but not when she walked our, not sure if we will go back. We had to beg for service.Special Features:
- Excellent find for lunchTRAVELGIRLVIPDined on 8/5/2014MUST have the Carne Asada tacos - AMAZING...truly perfectly cooked steak with caramelized onions and avocado - what more is there to say? I would travel an hour just to have them! Great $6 house margaritas at lunch time. A great find to/from the Vineyards with the girls!Special Features:
- Good Mexican food on East end of LIOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/28/2014From the moment we walked in we were welcomed & well taken care of. The food portions are generous, delicious & tasty. Find out for your self & enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favoriteWtrMilldinerDined on 7/25/2014A great spot for a nice dinner. Low fuss and always quick and easy. Food is great. My husband loves it because they have 20 beers on tap and that is hard to find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodKnowsthebusinessDined on 7/18/2014Food was excellent, service was lacking but they recovered with an alert hostess and a comp for the late arriving appetizer. May go again because the food was so good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mexico in the World Cup after allOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2014Great place to watch the World Cup with some yummy margaritas. Only problem was that they had the TVs where Argentina lost;( mercado team always accommodating.Special Features:
- Disappointingjavamama3VIPDined on 7/10/2014Nothing really stood out except that no one in our large party liked their food. The guac and chips were good. The tacos missed on flavor, even the ones the waitress suggested as their best. Wouldn't go back.
- OK, rude customerslac78Dined on 7/5/2014I thought the food was great, but the manager seemed kind of distracted--we were ignored when we first walked in. The waitress was nice but inexperienced, and food took a long time--we recirved appetizers after the entrees. But the worst part was the obnoxious, loud complaints made by other customers sitting near us. They acted very entitled and unbelievably rude to everyone. Got the impression that this sort of clientele is common there. I never write reviews, but this was so bad I felt compelled to.
- Poor serviceFriasDined on 7/4/2014Way understaffed during a busy weekend. Great food, terrible service.
- Great food and serviceKikiDined on 6/15/2014We were there for father's day, it was great!! Good service, good food, nice environment and very decent prices. We had a great time, nice people and very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food. Staff needs help.SH10Dined on 6/7/2014Great food! Blue Cheeseburger sliders are a must. Inexperienced staff is a dragSpecial Features:
- Mother's Day dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014A group of seven adults went to have dinner. Three of us had been there before. We all enjoyed all are range of picks. It's hard to do but try to leave room for dessert. Yum I like the one with the berries.Special Features:
- RichardVIPDined on 5/5/2014Terrible service. Only 1 server on Cinco de Mayo. We got up and left.
- The following 22 reviews are from the Mercado reviews archive.
- Tasty local MexicanOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/16/2014I have driven by this place hundreds of times. First time at the restaurant was the other night with friends. Great meal. Very reasonable prices and the waitresses were very nice. Really nothing negative about it! Would defiantly go again.Special Features:
- I was visiting friends forImafoodieVIPDined on 4/6/2014I was visiting friends for the day and this place was perfect for our varied diet requirements. The waitress was courteous and helpful, the food was reasonably priced and presentation was good. Guacamole was.very good. We would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stopped in for a late SundayMarkDined on 3/9/2014Stopped in for a late Sunday lunch out-of-season. Very good menu - perhaps more Hamptons-Mex than Tex-Mex or true Mex but tasted delitious.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was excited to try this placeInthebusinessDined on 1/19/2014Was thrilled to go here for the first time, food was very good, hospitality gets a zero. These people are greedy arrogant workers who genuinely do not give a darn about customers returning. The hostess/waitress needs to go take a class in hospitality. Not sure I would return, nor would my other 3 guests.Special Features:
- Ole!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/19/2014Delicious food, personal service, and a spicy margarita to knock your socks off!Special Features:
- Great service butOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/10/2013The food was really subpar. We ordered the guacamole and chips, chicken mole and shrimp and grab enchiladas. The chips were good everything else left a lot to be desired. Service was great but will definitely not come back because of the food.
- I recently went to Mercado'sTerryDined on 10/9/2013I recently went to Mercado's this was definitely a nice find. My husband and I went to the bar and was greeted by a lovely bartender named Terry friendly and outgoing. They have quite a selecion of Tequila, we ordered some specialtity drinks and they were superb. We ordered the tortilla soup and the ceviche as our appetizers very nice. I order Chile Relleno veggie mushroom & spinach excellent. My husband ordered Chicken Mole Poblano he loved it and I had a taste wonderful flavors. The atmoshphere was with out a doubt relaxing and the music that was playing was selected with good taste no punn intended. I would recommend this place to anyone. I will be back with my girlfriends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Run Away!JustamealVIPDined on 8/30/2013As bad as many restaurants are in the Hamptons, this was the worst experience I have ever had. We sat down were immediately taken care of. Drinks, apps and diner all ordered. Drinks came, but 45 minutes later no appetizers and he waitress kept saying they wold be right out. Finally confronted the two owners (the woman was slightly more polite), but the man was obnoxious. He informed us that they were serving a party of 46 in the other room and the kitchen was focused on them. This was never mentioned when we sat down or when we ordered. Got tired of waiting and asked for the check. We were charged for the drinks and the owners (and especially the man) were unapologetic. Never go to this restaurant - nothing is worth that service!
- This food deserves a betterOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/29/2013This food deserves a better venue than a bar restaurant.
- Surprising Menu!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/24/2013We went for Mexican food, but got much more than the usual fare. Spicy tuna sushi tacos were fantastic, and the corn was even more delicious than we imagined, considering that the local corn is really awesome right now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot!mbnycVIPDined on 8/14/2013Finally had a chance to try Mercado last night and was thoroughly impressed! The decor is adorable and the service was great. The guacamole and enchiladas were on point. I left satisfied and can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A big disappointmentPentimentoVIPDined on 8/8/2013Sorry to see this great location go to waste. Noisy and ugly, with 4 big screen TVs blaring in one big room. The service was fine but the food was just ok (how can you make guacamole so boring?) A really unpleasant place to eat.
- We will not returnOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/28/2013Food was good, but the place was poorly managed. It took about 30 minutes to receive our drinks at our table of 4, and there were only about 4 other filled tables in the restaurant. The waitress was lovely and was attentive, but a manager or owner appeared to be harassing her (unacceptable) and in full view of the customers. It made the experience extremely uncomfortable. We will not return.
- A joke....seriouslyEaterVIPDined on 7/3/2013We "tried" to eat at the bar. Starters were corn and guacamole. 45 minutes in we got the corn. No napkins, no silverware. No guacamole. Our drinks were done, no more to be had. We solicited the hostess for assistance. She went off to the kitchen to get our guacamole. She never returned. After being there for 1 1/2 hours, our entrees were brought out by kitchen staff. Guacamole? Silverware? Nada. We walked out. No owner or management in sight. Everyone was complaining. It was just stupid.
- Great RestaurantrussDined on 6/15/2013We always have a great time at Mercado. The dishes are inventive, full of flavor and nicely presented. and the drinks are great The staff is engaging and attentive. There are very few Mexican restaurants in NYC with food as creative and refined as at Mercado. We have been a few times for the $12 all you can drink brunch and have never been disappointed. Not sure why they are not always fullSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mercado gets a thumbs upPaddlegirlVIPDined on 6/15/2013Sometimes in the Hamptons you are tired of steaks and mushroom names you don't recognize. Nachos were good, although could have been hotter. Yummy shrimp taco, nice looking colorful salad. A little too much salt on the drinks, but got a straw, problem solved. Waitresses were very attentive. Only open for a little while in the place of the old Almond. And you know where that went!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable time had by allOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/3/2013This restaurant has a casual yet festive atmosphere with great music. The menu is extensive, the prices are reasonable and the food is delicious. The drink offering is very varied with an extensive tequila and beer menu. My dishes, the sushi tacos, mahi and warm berry salsa for dessert were each mouthwatering in their own ways. My companion likes more spice and got what he wanted. He loved his squash blossom quesadilla, surf & turf (carne asada with jalapeno mashed potatoes and fiery shrimp). He ended with a creamy tres leche cake that was sublime. The place wasn't crowded (it was a Monday night) so service was quick. The blackboard board specials listed saturday night karaoke and an all u-can-eat brunch that we will definitely return for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great mexican dishesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/27/2013having spent a few years living in Mexico City, I always crave really good Mexican Food, Which is not always easy to find. I am not talking about fajitas, nachos and burritos but real mexican dishes like Tacos al Pastor, queso fundido, chiles relleno and a good carne asada. although we were only two and and could taste everything, the food was amazing and all the dishes we had great home made sauces and were quite tasty, i will try to come with a few more people to try a few other dishes. the only issue i could find is that the staffed seemed overworked and it took a while to get our food. The owner apoligized did apoligize though saying it was the first busy weekend of the summer and they still were not ready to handle such a crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1 hr & 20 mins to have Mexican FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/26/2013The service was so bad that when we complained to the owner he just strugged his shoulders, no apology! Nothing off the bill, just a oh well Then when the bill came and we asked to have it split between cards, he charged all the cards the full amount, and again says oops! He didn't care that we were unhappy and did nothing to fix it DO NOT GO!
- A Change In Name Cannot Save it!OuchVIPDined on 5/25/2013With high hopes my family and I set off for Mercado. A change in name, perhaps service and a renewed sense of ownership by the owner would save this place. Thumbs down. The owner is just as ineffectual as he has always been. Staff is poorly trained and not-customer centric. We waited 45 minutes for our meal. The waitress blamed it on a large table but the large table was seated a good 20 minutes after us. The hostess' stare into space and when we shared with the waitress that we were curious when we might see some food, she went over to the hostess who then gave me a nasty look. Huh? The menu hasn't change and while the foot is good the overall impression is that I am finished with Agave, Mercado, ?Special Features:
- Fun place, good foodCityGirlVIPDined on 5/4/2013Definitely a fun casual vibe. Full fairly early with a nice scene, bit loud but fun. Service very nice - but slow the night we went.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere, good food,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/27/2013Great atmosphere, good food, friendly staff. The Guacamole, yum! Frozen Peach Margherita was just right, very smooth and not too sweet. Shrimp Tacos were great! So were the Crab Empanadas as an appetizer. Too full to even try dessert.Special Features: