Mercadito - Red Rock Las Vegas
11011 W Charleston Blvd
Las Vegas, NV 89135Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Mercadito - Red Rock Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://mercaditohospitality.com/
- Phone: 7029793609x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday through Thursday - 4:00pm - 12:00am
Dinner: Friday and Saturday - 4:00pm - 1:00am
Lunch*: 11:30am -3:00pm
*beginning July 4th Weekend
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Patricio Sandoval
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Our team's knowledge is grounded in their experience as consumers and connoisseurs, and then improved through decades of restaurant and industry experience. We strive to create a remarkable and unique experience by perfectly detailing every aspect of your catering and event needs. It is important to us that every guest has an exceptional experience and is provided with extraordinary service.
- Special Events: firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
A word from Mercadito - Red Rock Las Vegas
Expertly blending traditional Mexico with creative interpretations of local and seasonal ingredients is the inspiration behind Mercadito restaurants. Spanish for “little market,” Mercadito is modeled after the markets chef Patricio Sandoval shopped at while growing up in his native Mexico. His muse is the cuisine of the southern region but when mixed with his own style he creates authentic dishes with an added flair.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMexican
Mercadito - Red Rock Las Vegas - Best Restaurants in Las Vegas ›
Mercadito - Red Rock Las Vegas reviews from OpenTable diners
138 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (52)hot spot (46)vibrant bar scene (45)great for outdoor dining (44)neighborhood gem (39)good for groups (28)special occasion (22)late-night find (19)great for lunch (18)romantic (9)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Great spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/12/2014Loved this place. Great Mexican food and very reasonably priced. Drinks are solid. Service and ceviche were average. Everything else was great. Definitely plan to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SOUTH OF THE BORDERRLVegasDined on 9/7/2014No need to leave home for Mexico because the best south of the border fare can be found at Mercadito. The soft tacos with sensational swordfish or crispy chicken are simply gorgeous. Mango guaco is a must to start with. Grab a margarita or two for dessert! Our young server couldn't have been better. Save the airfare and spend it here on some of the best Mexican food you'll ever taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sammyDined on 9/5/2014Although the tacos were small, they were flavorful and tasty. Skip the rice and beans combo as the rice was more like steamed rice with a few vegetables in it. Tiny plates given at lunch which did not hold much, even for Tapas. Lots of room for improvement in the customer service.Special Features:
- Hot MargaritasDMCGODDESSVIPDined on 9/1/2014Literally, have one - they are good. Was disappointed we couldn't eat lunch outside. Server was very good, food is memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Different kind of Mex RestaurantYourmyboyblueDined on 8/31/2014We went there for lunch, excellent service. The food/menu just different from what I am used to at traditional Mexican restaurants. No free chips/salsa....you have to pick the type of salsa from the menu for like $2.50. No burritos or fajitas on this menu.....tacos and sides mainly. Tacos were fresh and good. They appeared to be corn shells dipped I grease and then ingredients added. You get 3 tacos for lunch and 4 for dinner and they encourage sharing. It was good and different experience, but probably will not go back. Guess I am more of a burrito/Chipotle guy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014great! but they lost our reservation- they said there was a problem with open table- so i'm not sure i will use open table againSpecial Features:
- marginally competentlydiotDined on 8/30/2014Our appetizer was deivered after our entree, and our waitress admitted that the kitchen will make no effort to deliver food at the same time for our party of 4. One of us got her entre after everyone else was finished with theirs. This is ridiculous. Good chefs should know how to coordinate such things. There are so many good Vegas restaurants (incuding Mexican restaurants), there's no compelling reason to put up with this. Three of us were satisfied with their entrees. Chips, guacamole and salsa were good, but no complimentary chips and salsa.
- Family Style - Not Enough FoodgigiunhappyDined on 8/30/2014When your family consists of two very big men and you have to share all the food served, the portions here are very small, but the price is very expensive. Maybe they think you wouldn't notice the size of the portions, since the plates that they supply are the size of a saucer. Not my type of dinning. Will not go back.Special Features:
- Great food, poor serviceazdinerDined on 8/29/2014The food at Mercadito was exceptional. We had shrimp ceviche, pork tacos, chicken tacos, and bread pudding. All of it was absolutely delicious. The margaritas were great, too. The service was not. We asked for one margarita with salt and one without but got two without. My husband ordered a shot of anejo tequila, but got reposado. The chicken tacos came earlier than the pork, so one person had food and the other didn't (choice of eating while the other watched or wait for food to get cold). The decaf coffee that came with desert looked and tasted like it had sat on the burner most of the night. Overall, go for the food, because it is fantastic, but don't have high hopes for service.Special Features:
- Service Is Horrible!Badserv2Dined on 8/26/2014Service is horrible. I live near by and have visited 4 times, each time service is worse and word about service is spreading around town FAST!! Restaurant will not last if this issue is not rectified immediately!!Special Features:
- Hit and missWineandsportsVIPDined on 8/25/2014Went on a weekday evening. Surprisingly cool enough to sit on their very nice patio. Margaritas were excellent. Interesting specialty cocktails. Charge for chips and salsas...they are quite good. The queso fundido with short ribs is great, but hard to eat. Tacos were inconsistent-some good(carne)' some terrible (swordfish). Fun place for drinks and snacks. Waiter was very accommodating if not overly attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeCasarogersDined on 8/22/2014We had a terrific time at dinner. Food was great and the service was equally good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reataurant Wk. Charity MenuRetiredteacherandwifeDined on 8/22/2014Been supporting" Three Square" charity restaurant week since beginning. One of the best restaurant week menues. Well thought out with PLENTY of food, that was delicious --- "way to go MercaditoSpecial Features:
- Date nightTLvegasDined on 8/22/2014Great for a nice date but I wouldn't bring real young kids. Tequila selection is awesome and food and service were great. A little too much on the A/C for a local.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spicy But GoodEdwardVIPDined on 8/22/2014We've been to Mercadito three times now. It is a very good restaurant. Everything is delicious and beautifully presented. But the one issue we have with it is that at least 75% to 80% of the menu items we've tried are spicy hot...even things you wouldn't expect to be hot, like the shrimp tacos. I'm okay with it, but my wife can't tolerate spicy food well at all. That keeps us from going to Mercadito as often as we would otherwise. But if you like it hot, this is the place!!Special Features:
- on pointkiddbionicDined on 8/15/2014I personally enjoyed my dining experience here I would definitely recommend the Pollo tacos but I did enjoy everything from ceviche to the tacos and the drinks not one thing to complain about. If you come here just try their margaritas it's perfect blend of alcohol and sweetness although I will admit that the big nose goes native was kinda of strong for my taste buds it was still good tho. If your nearby it's a great place to stop by.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mexican food at Red Rock CasinoLarrrBearrrDined on 8/15/2014Arrived before our reservation...went to the bar and found the bar staff very helpful explaining the menu. Then we went to our table and ordered! The Mahi Mahi tacos were GREAT!Special Features:
- MeeksDined on 8/11/2014Great addition for Summerlin, best Sit down Mex by farSpecial Features:
- decide for yourselfoverratedDined on 8/10/2014I wanted to try this place it looked great and sounded really good. The food is good. Nothing it of this world. The prices are ridiculous. $14.50 for a plate of 4 tacos with no sides. And the recipes or flavors were not mind blowing to justify its prices. Not to mention there is no desert menu at all. I probably won't be going back.
- Overall Impression.leenieDined on 8/9/2014The food was quite good. A bit pricey for some items but worth it. Great Margaritas!! Service was good. Sometimes had to wait a bit to long for the serve but they were very friendly and accommodating. I would go back for the HAPPY HOUR deals.Special Features:
- you might consider this .......OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Our waiter told us that refills for salsa would be at an extra cost, but he was good enough to give it to us for free. Never went to a Mexican restaurant that would charge for refills on salsa. I then asked if there was a charge for more ships, and he said no. It's very weird that you would charge for extra salsa, but extra chips would be free. Also, maybe it would be better if your salsa would come to the table in some type of bowl instead of a small dish. The dish reminds me of a individual butter dish. Otherwise, your restaurant gets good marks. email@example.comSpecial Features:
- YUCK-LOUD-TERRIBLE-WASTE OF MONEYOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/8/2014SO LOUD-Our table of 4 couldn't hear each other at all. The tacos were just okay, nothing special and nothing I would ever order again. We had the steak w/ slaw and the pork w/ pineapple. We also ordered all 3 guacamole options with 3 different salsas. The salsa isn't a chunky consistently..it's meant to drizzle on the chips with a spoon. The chips were cold and very thick. They are trying to make the tacos fancy instead of concentrating on the flavors. The iced tea is terrible-it's like a sangria. Instead of having 3 mediocre guacamoles...start with 1 and nail it. Once you master that you can move on and create more. Get better chips and go back to the drawing board w/ your salsa selections and tacos. Never ever returning! YUCK!Special Features:
- DisappointingElleVIPDined on 8/2/2014The service was quite disappointing, although the manager came over, apologized and removed a few items off the tab.
- Date nightRobdDined on 8/2/2014My wife and I went with another couple. We frequent vintner grill and top places on the strip. Mercadito is on par.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Food but not the NoiseReviewyoucanuseDined on 8/2/2014Hands down, the food is outstanding. We enjoyed the chicken tacos, the carne tacos, several of the different guacamoles and the fried plantains. Wouldn't change a thing. Everything is so tasty and fresh. Had dinner with another couple. Had to shout the entire night in order to be heard over the blasting loud music which would be more suitable for the late night crowd. Can't wait for the Green Valley location to open!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/1/2014Delicious food, stellar service, amazing margaritas! We have loved dining hear each and every time! So happy to have such a fabulous restaurant so close to home!Special Features:
- DisappointingNancyBVIPDined on 8/1/2014Not sure if this place will make it. In spite of the food being interesting and fun, the dining experience was so uncomfortable that it was hardly worth it. The interior of the place is small, the tables are close together, and when you go to sit you can't help but invade the space of the people at the next table. The outdoor area is more spread out but the tables are so short that you feel like an adult sitting at the kids table at Thanksgiving. Also, everything is extra. I asked for salsa and was told that I had to get a minimum of three of them from a list, and that it was an upcharge for the privilege. Weird. With all the great choices in Las Vegas, we most likely wouldn't return to Mercadito, except maybe to grab a drink at the bar.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014We ordered our lunch and a table was later seated next to us. They got their food , ate and left and we still did not receive our lunch. We were told that the printer went down in the kitchen and they did not get out order. Manager came to see how we enjoyed lunch and my girlfriend shared with him what happened. He apologized.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Major DisappointmentBigpapaDined on 8/1/2014I had lunch at Mercaditos with 5 coworkers. First impression was the ambiance which was boring. As for the food, we went with the chips and salsa and guacamole. We chose two of the salsas which are 2.50 each and the guacamole was 7.50. Thought we'd get a good amount but was surprised when it came to the table. I'd say it was about 2 or 3 oz tops of each salsa on a tiny shallow bowl. The guacamole was not quite as small but for 7.50 would have expected more. The salsas were both very bland. We had the 3 tacos for an entree. I had the beer battered Mahi tacos which were soggy and bland. My coworker had the shrimp tacos and got half the food for the same 11.50 cost. Yard House has much better Mexican food for half the price.
- Food is the starDMCGODDESSVIPDined on 7/27/2014Mercadito has some of the best Mexican food I've encountered, it is a gourmet Mexican experience. Don't count on filling up on the free chips and salsa, they sell them. The hot Margarita (spiced up) was fabulous. I had the swordfish tacos and recommend them highly. Portions are small which is fine. Service was spotty, they are going through growing pains. A tableside visit by the Manager was a nice touch, he seemed truly interested in feedback. Nice patio space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't be returningNeil702Dined on 7/26/2014If your in the mood for over priced Mexican Tapas, then this is your place. I was expecting more. Not much flavor on half of our food. Ridiculously over priced. $12 for less than one avocado of guac and 2 tablespoons of salsa. What kind of a Mexican restaurant doesn't serve chips and salsa? Bus boy was very rude as well. Overall we left disappointed and my husband was still hungry. They also tried to sit 4 of us, one us them being a big man at a 3 top table. I told them unacceptable and asked to be moved.Special Features:
- Really Bad Start - Good Finishlute70VIPDined on 7/25/2014Had a 7:30 reservation on Friday night for two. We showed up exactly on time. Told that it they were waiting for our table to clear and it would be about"10 minutes." At 8:00 I decided to check to see what was going on. It was obvious that they had forgotten about us. I talked to the hostess and she was clueless. Finally I spoke with a young guy wearing a suit. He was somewhat belligerent and really didn't want to hear what I had to say. However, as we were getting ready to walk out another young guy in a suit came over and said that they were setting up the table and he offered us a free drinks for our trouble. Finally sat down to a very delicious dinner with great, friendly service. Stay away on Fridays.Special Features:
- Make sure you RSVP!Luv2eatDined on 7/25/2014Place open 2 weeks ago and was very glad I RSVP'd a table on Friday. It was packed with standing line once you enter. It had typical new opening issues; inconsistent service, waitstaff not familiar with the menu items, busboys clearing placemats under my plates while Im in the middle of eating, noisy conversations everywhere, and price-to-food portion ratio skewed. If you like sweet mixed drinks don't expect to find it here. I definitely won't be going back.Special Features:
- keeperofthegreenDined on 7/25/2014The decor is confusing. Don't know what they are trying to convey. Tables are way too close together. We were in a small corner with 3 tables and people had to move around from other tables just to get out. HOWEVER, the food was amazing. I loved how they put everything together. It is not your typical mexican restaurant. The coctails are unusual and my daughter said hers was the best she has ever had. Our server was outstanding, especially with all he had to jugle. I will definately be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time at Mercaditorjrjr1975Dined on 7/24/2014And I have to say I was impressed. Great menu - both food and drinks. We tried all of the guacamole types and a few tacos. The swordfish tacos were outstanding. I'll be back again.....and will try the pork belly taco!Special Features:
- Too loudSlimDined on 7/24/2014The loudest restaurant I've ever been in. Tables are too close together. One of my tacos had a piece of plastic in it. I'm not going back.Special Features:
- Senior momentI82muchDined on 7/24/2014We were seated in 'bar' area, not dining room, even though we had reservations 2 weeks in advance... Reservation person didn't ask and since it was just opened and had not been before we were not aware of a choice... Being Seniors we're not into the "clubbbing" experiance and the noise level made it difficult to have a conversation... Definately designed as a Casino resturant... Server, Olivia, made the evening, thorough explanation of menu and family style serving, etc.. Made the night for us... May go back but dining room only.Special Features:
- PapidineDined on 7/22/2014Extremely friendly staff, good wine and liquor seleccion, attention to detailSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too LoudLarryDined on 7/20/2014The good and service but the noise level made is feel like we had to scream at each other for conversation. Not your typical mexican restaurant. That said - we returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Is Fantastic!MortyDined on 7/19/2014The food is tapas style, so it won't come out all at once, but it's amazing! The tacos are great! The guacamole is fantastic, and their Mac & Cheese seems weird on the menu, but it was by far my favorite! Try it!Special Features: