Mercadito - Red Rock Las Vegas
11011 W Charleston Blvd
Las Vegas, NV 89135Neighborhood:
Red Rock Casino, Hotel & Spa
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Mercadito - Red Rock Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://mercaditohospitality.com/
- Phone: (702) 979-3609
- Hours of Operation:
Friday & Saturday: 11am-1am
Happy Hour: Daily 3pm-6pm (bar, patio, lounge)
Happy After Hours: Sunday-Thursday 10pm-12am, Friday & Saturday 11pm-1am
Brunch:Saturday & Sunday 11am-3pm
Industry Tuesdays: Hospitality/Entertainment workers receive 50% off entire tab with Industry card or proof of Industry Employment
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican, Vegetarian
- Executive Chef: Patricio Sandoval
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Our team's knowledge is grounded in their experience as consumers and connoisseurs, and then improved through decades of restaurant and industry experience. We strive to create a remarkable and unique experience by perfectly detailing every aspect of your catering and event needs. It is important to us that every guest has an exceptional experience and is provided with extraordinary service.
- Special Events: email@example.com for further details.
A word from Mercadito - Red Rock Las Vegas
Expertly blending traditional Mexico with creative interpretations of local and seasonal ingredients is the inspiration behind Mercadito restaurants. Spanish for “little market,” Mercadito is modeled after the markets chef Patricio Sandoval shopped at while growing up in his native Mexico. His muse is the cuisine of the southern region but when mixed with his own style he creates authentic dishes with an added flair.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerMexican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Mercadito - Red Rock Las Vegas reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (44)hot spot (35)vibrant bar scene (31)good for groups (25)neighborhood gem (25)great for outdoor dining (24)special occasion (17)late-night find (16)great for lunch (14)romantic (3)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Great food and serviceluvtofindgreatfoodDined on 11/14/2014From the moment we walked in we were greeted with a smile. Even though we arrived earlier than our reservation, it didn't take too long to be seated, and they apologized for the wait(which wasn't long). From the front desk, to our waiter and to our serving staff, everyone was friendly, accommodating, and service was impecable (especially for how busy it was). My water glass was always kept full! Once we placed our order, it didn't take ling for our food to be served ( in waves...we order the small plates special. The food fantastic! The only downside for me was the noise level- it was difficult for me to have a conversation with my husband. Would recommend to go there for the great food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/9/2014Enjoyed our 1st time dining at Mercadito. Food, margarita (house) and service were very good and would return. Only negative would be a little expensive, but not crazy expensive.Special Features:
- Must have lobster tacosYUMMYUMMYDined on 11/8/2014Great spot for happy hour. Try the lobster tacos. ... your life will never be the same!.... be sure to eat while they're still piping hot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/6/2014As always, an amazing meal with fabulous service. LOVE to dine there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best tacos in town!mrsbunney02Dined on 10/28/2014If you looking for a hot spot, delicious food, drinks and desserts look no further. This place has without a doubt the best tacos in town. Especially on Tuesday it's industry night, you get half off your bill. Check out this place you won't regret it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cool placeluv2enjoyDined on 10/24/2014everyone went out of there way to make it a great evening , the staff n food were cool, I had steak n my wife had short ribs with a a Mexican twist, the desert was a flan and the restaurant was really niceSpecial Features:
- Lighter Fare,Brighter Choices-greatbkclubDined on 10/24/2014We had friends in from out of town and tried Mercadito for the first time. It was perfect in terms of the pricing, the size of the choices and the range from fish, to chicken, to pork and beef. It was just right. We actually like the food coming out as ready as we could share and keep chatting rather than having everything out at once and the conversation is sidelined while we eat. We will come again.Special Features:
- service has been betterthedudeDined on 10/19/2014the food was superb as always. this was my 3rd time dining at mercadito. typically the service is outstanding as well as the food. this time, the place was empty and we nearly had the place to ourselves. However, our waitress hardly spoke english very well and she was dismissive the entire time. i did catch her fooling around with co workers though instead of tending to our table. I would have understood her absence if it were busy, but it was an empty early sunday evening around 5. i would not say this is typical of mercadito and i will dine there again. Management always comes around to check on things during the meal which i think is great. as always, the food is great and it makes up for bad serviceSpecial Features:
- JayDub76JayDub76VIPDined on 10/13/2014Fish tacos, mango gucamole and bread pudding dessert were delicious. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and fresh tasting MexicanParticularDinerDined on 10/10/2014This meal was so good...We will seek out Mercadito to in other locations. Authentic Mexican with a new twist. We had grilled meats and fish, delicious accompanying sauces, house made tortillas and guac, swordfish ta o's plantains rice and black beans. A memorable meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/4/2014We just love Mercadito. Have never been disappointed. Every item we have tasted there is amazing, as well as the drinks! The service is always top notch by the entire staff! Love dining there!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014Great energy in the staff! They seem to LOVE being part of the team. Fabulous specialty drinks and great menu. Fit for a group out for a good time.Special Features:
- Service, Service, Service!WifeandMomto2Dined on 9/27/2014My Husband and I were truly taken back by the highly energetic service. From the first impression with the hostess, to our waitress and finally the manager who hopped from table to table. The food was fresh and the presentation was fun! Our glass was always topped off with water and our mixed drink did not disappoint! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/23/2014Great food, good atmosphere but when we went for the taco special on Tuesday nights, it was extremely noisy!!! Other than the noise, I would recommend Mercadito to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative MexicanLVTREVIPDined on 9/23/2014Imaginative Mexican menu, beautifully prepared. Great service, too. A gem.Special Features:
- Great Food and Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014The food was phenomenal, inventive and delicious! OUr service was exceptional our waiter did everything he could to make our experience perfect. Only concern was closeness of tables.Special Features:
- Great spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/12/2014Loved this place. Great Mexican food and very reasonably priced. Drinks are solid. Service and ceviche were average. Everything else was great. Definitely plan to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SOUTH OF THE BORDERRLVegasDined on 9/7/2014No need to leave home for Mexico because the best south of the border fare can be found at Mercadito. The soft tacos with sensational swordfish or crispy chicken are simply gorgeous. Mango guaco is a must to start with. Grab a margarita or two for dessert! Our young server couldn't have been better. Save the airfare and spend it here on some of the best Mexican food you'll ever taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sammyDined on 9/5/2014Although the tacos were small, they were flavorful and tasty. Skip the rice and beans combo as the rice was more like steamed rice with a few vegetables in it. Tiny plates given at lunch which did not hold much, even for Tapas. Lots of room for improvement in the customer service.Special Features:
- Hot MargaritasDMCGODDESSVIPDined on 9/1/2014Literally, have one - they are good. Was disappointed we couldn't eat lunch outside. Server was very good, food is memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Different kind of Mex RestaurantYourmyboyblueDined on 8/31/2014We went there for lunch, excellent service. The food/menu just different from what I am used to at traditional Mexican restaurants. No free chips/salsa....you have to pick the type of salsa from the menu for like $2.50. No burritos or fajitas on this menu.....tacos and sides mainly. Tacos were fresh and good. They appeared to be corn shells dipped I grease and then ingredients added. You get 3 tacos for lunch and 4 for dinner and they encourage sharing. It was good and different experience, but probably will not go back. Guess I am more of a burrito/Chipotle guy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014great! but they lost our reservation- they said there was a problem with open table- so i'm not sure i will use open table againSpecial Features:
- marginally competentlydiotDined on 8/30/2014Our appetizer was deivered after our entree, and our waitress admitted that the kitchen will make no effort to deliver food at the same time for our party of 4. One of us got her entre after everyone else was finished with theirs. This is ridiculous. Good chefs should know how to coordinate such things. There are so many good Vegas restaurants (incuding Mexican restaurants), there's no compelling reason to put up with this. Three of us were satisfied with their entrees. Chips, guacamole and salsa were good, but no complimentary chips and salsa.
- Family Style - Not Enough FoodgigiunhappyDined on 8/30/2014When your family consists of two very big men and you have to share all the food served, the portions here are very small, but the price is very expensive. Maybe they think you wouldn't notice the size of the portions, since the plates that they supply are the size of a saucer. Not my type of dinning. Will not go back.Special Features:
- Great food, poor serviceazdinerDined on 8/29/2014The food at Mercadito was exceptional. We had shrimp ceviche, pork tacos, chicken tacos, and bread pudding. All of it was absolutely delicious. The margaritas were great, too. The service was not. We asked for one margarita with salt and one without but got two without. My husband ordered a shot of anejo tequila, but got reposado. The chicken tacos came earlier than the pork, so one person had food and the other didn't (choice of eating while the other watched or wait for food to get cold). The decaf coffee that came with desert looked and tasted like it had sat on the burner most of the night. Overall, go for the food, because it is fantastic, but don't have high hopes for service.Special Features:
- Service Is Horrible!Badserv2Dined on 8/26/2014Service is horrible. I live near by and have visited 4 times, each time service is worse and word about service is spreading around town FAST!! Restaurant will not last if this issue is not rectified immediately!!Special Features:
- Hit and missWineandsportsVIPDined on 8/25/2014Went on a weekday evening. Surprisingly cool enough to sit on their very nice patio. Margaritas were excellent. Interesting specialty cocktails. Charge for chips and salsas...they are quite good. The queso fundido with short ribs is great, but hard to eat. Tacos were inconsistent-some good(carne)' some terrible (swordfish). Fun place for drinks and snacks. Waiter was very accommodating if not overly attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeCasarogersDined on 8/22/2014We had a terrific time at dinner. Food was great and the service was equally good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reataurant Wk. Charity MenuRetiredteacherandwifeDined on 8/22/2014Been supporting" Three Square" charity restaurant week since beginning. One of the best restaurant week menues. Well thought out with PLENTY of food, that was delicious --- "way to go MercaditoSpecial Features:
- Date nightTLvegasDined on 8/22/2014Great for a nice date but I wouldn't bring real young kids. Tequila selection is awesome and food and service were great. A little too much on the A/C for a local.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spicy But GoodEdwardVIPDined on 8/22/2014We've been to Mercadito three times now. It is a very good restaurant. Everything is delicious and beautifully presented. But the one issue we have with it is that at least 75% to 80% of the menu items we've tried are spicy hot...even things you wouldn't expect to be hot, like the shrimp tacos. I'm okay with it, but my wife can't tolerate spicy food well at all. That keeps us from going to Mercadito as often as we would otherwise. But if you like it hot, this is the place!!Special Features:
- on pointkiddbionicDined on 8/15/2014I personally enjoyed my dining experience here I would definitely recommend the Pollo tacos but I did enjoy everything from ceviche to the tacos and the drinks not one thing to complain about. If you come here just try their margaritas it's perfect blend of alcohol and sweetness although I will admit that the big nose goes native was kinda of strong for my taste buds it was still good tho. If your nearby it's a great place to stop by.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mexican food at Red Rock CasinoLarrrBearrrVIPDined on 8/15/2014Arrived before our reservation...went to the bar and found the bar staff very helpful explaining the menu. Then we went to our table and ordered! The Mahi Mahi tacos were GREAT!Special Features:
- MeeksVIPDined on 8/11/2014Great addition for Summerlin, best Sit down Mex by farSpecial Features:
- decide for yourselfoverratedDined on 8/10/2014I wanted to try this place it looked great and sounded really good. The food is good. Nothing it of this world. The prices are ridiculous. $14.50 for a plate of 4 tacos with no sides. And the recipes or flavors were not mind blowing to justify its prices. Not to mention there is no desert menu at all. I probably won't be going back.
- Overall Impression.leenieDined on 8/9/2014The food was quite good. A bit pricey for some items but worth it. Great Margaritas!! Service was good. Sometimes had to wait a bit to long for the serve but they were very friendly and accommodating. I would go back for the HAPPY HOUR deals.Special Features:
- you might consider this .......OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Our waiter told us that refills for salsa would be at an extra cost, but he was good enough to give it to us for free. Never went to a Mexican restaurant that would charge for refills on salsa. I then asked if there was a charge for more ships, and he said no. It's very weird that you would charge for extra salsa, but extra chips would be free. Also, maybe it would be better if your salsa would come to the table in some type of bowl instead of a small dish. The dish reminds me of a individual butter dish. Otherwise, your restaurant gets good marks. firstname.lastname@example.orgSpecial Features:
- YUCK-LOUD-TERRIBLE-WASTE OF MONEYOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/8/2014SO LOUD-Our table of 4 couldn't hear each other at all. The tacos were just okay, nothing special and nothing I would ever order again. We had the steak w/ slaw and the pork w/ pineapple. We also ordered all 3 guacamole options with 3 different salsas. The salsa isn't a chunky consistently..it's meant to drizzle on the chips with a spoon. The chips were cold and very thick. They are trying to make the tacos fancy instead of concentrating on the flavors. The iced tea is terrible-it's like a sangria. Instead of having 3 mediocre guacamoles...start with 1 and nail it. Once you master that you can move on and create more. Get better chips and go back to the drawing board w/ your salsa selections and tacos. Never ever returning! YUCK!Special Features:
- DisappointingElleVIPDined on 8/2/2014The service was quite disappointing, although the manager came over, apologized and removed a few items off the tab.
- Date nightRobdDined on 8/2/2014My wife and I went with another couple. We frequent vintner grill and top places on the strip. Mercadito is on par.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.