3252 NE 1st Avenue
Miami, FL 33137Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mercaditorestaurants.com/
- Phone: 7863690423
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner Sunday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Thursday: 4:00pm-12:00am; Friday: 4:00pm-1:00am; Brunch Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner Saturday: 4:00pm-1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Regional Mexican, Mexican, Contemporary Mexican
- Executive Chef: Patricio Sandoval
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Plan your next birthday, office party, or event at Mercadito Midtown. For parties of seven or more we offer a range of tasting menus and open bar options to fit any budget and palate. We are happy to help you plan a memorable event that will exceed your expectations.
Bar table: 6 – 10 guests
Lounge “Naranja”: 7 – 30 guest
Semi Private room “ El Mural”: 7 – 50 guests
Outdoor Space “La Terraza”: 7 – 50 guest
Whole Restaurant: up to 300
A word from Mercadito Midtown
The newest Mercadito location are the chicest and most modern addition to the restaurant family. Ample sized banquets accommodate large parties while smaller white quartzite tables and the soft wood floor and ceiling keep the atmosphere cozy. Exquisite details include rope screens separating banquettes, handmade pyramid-shaped copper lights illuminating the bar, and unique 3D graffiti-style murals dressing the dining rooms. A massive bar area and lounge lets guests relax while taking in the stylish and upscale environment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mercadito Midtown reviews from OpenTable diners
- ClosedOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/10/2014When we arrived at the restaurant, there was a sign on the door "CLOSED" with no other comment
- Sad this restaurant went down hillOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/8/2014Not sure if management changed, but have been here several times over the past few years, and have really seen this restaurant go down hill. Used to be fun, but food was bad, service was worse, and no wait to be seated. Used to be an hour if you showed up without a reservation.
- Great spot!doriDined on 3/1/2014Love coming to this restaurant, food is good, ambiance is great. although food is pricey for the portions the food is quite good, you can get same quality at 8th street taqueria, but i guess the ambiance is what you pay for. Oh well, i still like coming here once in a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good 2nd timeMiamifoodVIPDined on 3/1/2014The food is good, but the second time around we found the service to be bad. Desserts were brought to our table we didn't order, my husband's entrée came out, but instead of mine, he brought the neighboring table's. I sat for 5 minutes with no plate while my husband had his. It took 2 people to figure out how to handle the situation. The list goes on... The food is very good. However, we found the offerings of the menu a bit limited this time. Not sure why. I'd go again if they straighten the service out. If I try again and I find the service to be bad I won't be back for sure.Special Features:
- The restaurant is extremelyFoodie21Dined on 1/11/2014The restaurant is extremely overpriced for the food portions or the type of food. Generally small portions are creative and fun, this restaurant just served very little average food. It was good average food, but average food nonetheless. Other restaurants are more reasonable and offer more options. I do not mind paying for a good dinner, but this restaurant did not live up to expectations. It is just another restaurant in Miami. I would return if I was hungry and in the area. If you sit outside the car noises drown the background music. Limited wine list, great Margarita!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good casual diningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/5/2014Great for sharing and sampling creative authentic Mexican specialties! Tacos al pastor excellente!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun brunchCarloVIPDined on 1/4/2014The weekend hangover brunch is fun. Food was tasty and a good menu. We'd do it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food !!GlendaDined on 1/3/2014The service was wonderful and the suggestions our server made where very good. The restaurant was quite busy but we had wonderful service. We enjoyed every course and the drinks ! We look forward to dining here again. Our reservation was exactly on time and we changed our Our table twice without a problem.Special Features:
- Girls NigtoutberniceDined on 12/23/2013if you want to try the best Margarita with no hangover the next night you cant miss Mercaditos... great to chat eat and have fun, excellent service! (rare in Miami)Special Features:
- Best upscale Mexican in MiamiPatricioDDined on 12/14/2013This place was awesome very laid back vibe atmosphere was chill/intimate. The cocktails were awesome culinary concoctions, if you want authentic contemporary Mexican food this is the place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousSNBDDined on 12/8/2013My boyfriend and I loved the food! He had the lobster tacos, and I had chicken enchiladas. I would highly recommend them both.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious TacosBIX6Dined on 12/5/2013Their tacos are small street taco style and come in a variety of options. They add flavorful sauces and toppings to their well prepared meats on white corn tortillas. The guacamole was very delicious as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chris the bartender is great!dannyVIPDined on 12/4/2013Chris the bartender is great! Food is indeed flavorful.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We sat outside and it wasSAB1Dined on 11/16/2013We sat outside and it was great. The food is good and the service was also very good. It was an enjoyable experience all around and I would definitely return.Special Features:
- All all the plates we ateATMEDined on 11/16/2013All all the plates we ate were very good. The service was also excellent.Special Features:
- Excellent varietyBillDined on 11/11/2013Excellent variety of tacos and a fantastic tequila listing.Special Features:
- Great place to meet & eat!AngeloneDined on 11/9/2013This was my 1st. Time @ Mercadito's and I enjoyed it. I chose the place to meet with friends for birthday dinner and they loved it also. I recommend the Big nose goes to Mexico drink, it's a chair turner and taste good. If the weather is good, it's a great area to go for walk after dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been there for dinner andlovegoodfoodVIPDined on 10/20/2013Been there for dinner and thought the food was good so decided to try their brunch. THEIR BRUNCH IS AMAZING!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ambiance, food okLifeisGoodDined on 10/10/2013The evening was beautifull, breeze felt like if you were by the water. Nice ambiance. Food service was fast, too fast, some of the plates were served almost cold. You could tell many things had been prepared for hours. Experience was ok for a margarita & to grab a simple appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply AmazingDguti19Dined on 10/4/2013Food is amazing, service even better... The restaurant itself is beautiful definitely A MUST!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One poor server.dannyVIPDined on 9/26/2013Ordinarily service is very good but one weak link can change that. Best Mezcal selection in town.I would recommend this to a friend.
- MIAMI SPICEbittersweetDined on 9/25/2013I ordered from the miami spice menu and that allowed me to try several of their little gems. Everything was delicious, the lighting and decorations were very original and created a comfortable mood. I had the Los Hermanos which was delicious and the flan dessert, also delicious.Special Features:
- Great food and great service.millieDined on 9/21/2013Great food and great service. The restaurant is beautiful and the ambience is just right! Will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent choiceLarryDined on 9/21/2013The food was delicious, fresh and imaginative. The service was attentive. A most enjoyable dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentAnnRichDined on 9/15/2013I have nothing but great things to say. The service was fast. The food was incredibly tasty. Our waiter Danny was charming. And the reggae music was absolutely the best. This was my first time here, but will not be my last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodmmt215Dined on 8/24/2013I went here for Miami Spice and tasted a lot of their food. Everything was great and they have a ton of vegetarian options!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Mexican Cuisine & DrinksOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2013I've come to this restaurant so many times for brunch but this was my first dinner endeavor. It was my boyfriends birthday and for the dessert they sang out the whole happy birthday song, even his name, with me. The margaritas were extremely potent and the guacamole was to die for. I loved the tacos and the arroz verde. I'll be coming back here many many times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcelenteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/18/2013Comida y bebidas riquisimas. Great place for brunch, lunch and dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice find....OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/16/2013Using a Miami Herald Dealsaver, my husband and I enjoyed a wonderful dinner. While the noise level was fairly high, the food was excellent. The cerviche was wonderful. The drinks, delicious and the tacos were very tasty. We especially enjoyed the Mahi maui tacos. I would recommend Mercadito without a doubt.Special Features:
- Great SurpriseDaninthegroveVIPDined on 8/9/2013Best Mexican I've had in Miami. Food, atmosphere, service...not a single complaint. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedDisappointedDined on 7/26/2013Mercadito has a good ambience but too over priced for the amount of food you get. The tacos are super small and not filling at all!!! The Margaritas were great!
- Good speedy serviceChrisDined on 7/20/2013We always enjoy dining at Mercadito & trying new things here. This visit was especially nice due to the very speedy service we received. It was almost too fast, but the service was still very good. We've yet to experience a bad outing at Mercadito.Special Features:
- Always have a good time whenLuv2dine2VIPDined on 7/17/2013Always have a good time when I go there... Great guacamole, margaritas and I suggest the chicken for entre.
- Consistently GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/7/2013The food and service are consistently good! Keep it up!Special Features:
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/16/2013This is a great restaurant... great service and great food!Special Features:
- Brunch a successsagesqVIPDined on 6/9/2013First time having brunch there; for the price it was very generous portions and number of dishes. Service was a little sleepy; he made a couple of mistakes both in ordering and on the bill. Still, food was above average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best mexican in townOutrageousVIPDined on 6/8/2013Love Mercadito! I grew up in Mexico so I believe I have good knowledge of Mexican cuisine. This restaurant is in a different league. If you want ok food, there are other Mexican restaurants in miami, but if you are looking for awesome food, great service and a beautiful restaurant, this is the place for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambience but pricy!MiamilocalDined on 5/31/2013Great place and hot spot, but the food is very fair and quite pricy for what you get!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drinks and food were OKmelijerVIPDined on 5/24/2013Service wasn't the best, we were ignored by our waiter several times but others came to the rescue. Most of the drinks were good, one was particularly bad. The plates are minimal and they were OK.Special Features:
- Mercadito gives Mexican foodsolezavDined on 5/12/2013Mercadito gives Mexican food a great twist and worthy of visiting again and again. Good drinks, fun for friends or family, and amazingly good brunch. We've found the service can vary, but it's usually not overly crowded and haven't had a bad experience despite having gone now 4-5 times.Special Features: