10 E Delaware Pl
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
Gold Coast / Streeterville
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mercaditofish.com/
- Phone: 3126408141x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday-Friday 6:30am-11:00am
Lunch: Monday-Friday 11:00am-3:30pm
Dinner: Sunday-Monday 3:30pm-10:00pm / Tuesday-Thursday 3:30pm-11:00pm / Friday-Saturday 3:30pm-12:00am
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 6:30am-3:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Guillermo Tellez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer special menus for breakfast, lunch, meetings and dinner events, on our 3 private banquet rooms at the Talbott Hotel.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact email@example.com for information and booking.
- Private Party Contact: Wendy Wohlfeill x
- Entertainment: Acoustic Sundays
A word from Mercadito Fish
A contemporary American seafood eatery is the latest concept developed by Managing Partner Alfredo Sandoval of the esteemed Mercadito Hospitality group. Located in the heart of Chicago's thriving Gold Coast neighborhood at The Talbott Hotel, Mercadito Fish features the best of casual and fine dining seafood restaurants. Fresh seasonal “catches” and personable service amplify its’ modern day sensibility, inspiring exploration of new flavors and approachability. The restaurant showcases a range of familiar and new seafood preparations, as well as an expertly customized beverage program. Matched with a warm and thoughtfully designed environment, Mercadito Fish offers exquisitely prepared seafood without compromising atmosphere and price.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mercadito Fish reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (62)neighborhood gem (49)good for groups (33)great for lunch (27)great for brunch (25)fit for foodies (24)special occasion (23)romantic (19)hot spot (18)notable wine list (16)kid-friendly (12)scenic view (10)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- Lovely BreakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014This is my go to for breakfast and lunch in the Gold Coast, so convenient and everyone is always so friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious fishes!karlambDined on 9/26/2014We were running late due to horrible traffic. The staff was pleasant and accommodating. Great cocktails, not too sweet. LOVED the calamari, tuna crudo, and the lobster roll. We also had the grilled salad and it was great, although it was over dressed. Parker House rolls were dry and not at all what we know as Parker House rolls, but it did not ruin the overall experience. They brought a delicious pistachio sundae for our daughter since it was her birthday. Great place....we will be back again.Special Features:
- Best Outdoor Patio in the areakktaylorVIPDined on 9/26/2014Out door patio is very charming. It is in a wind tunnel down Delaware St. So it is usually very cool and pleasant. They do a great job with planters and trees. Indoors they have new décor. The restaurant is easier to get into than other restaurants on Rush St. Much quieter too. The food is quite good with fresh seafood and fish. Service is always good, indoors or outdoors.Special Features:
- Not ready for prime timeskyroverVIPDined on 9/24/2014For the location and the prices, the execution is amateurish. Food came at irregular intervals and was just thrown down on the table. I hope it improves.
- Great Service, Not So Great FoodKayBVIPDined on 9/21/2014The service was really amazing. Our server was energetic and was incredibly knowledgeable of the menu and overall restaurant industry. However, our actual food was not very good at all. My friend had the lobster roll and while it was edible, she didn't enjoy it. I, on the other hand, had the chicken and it was just inedible. It was really greasy and just too heavy for me. When the waiter saw that I hadn't eaten much of it, he graciously took it off of the bill. But, overall, I can't say I was impressed with this place. It's unfortunate because Mercadito is literally my favorite restaurant and I eat there several times a month.
- Another yummy dinnerYummyVIPDined on 9/20/2014My long time friend was visiting from Sausalito, Ca, staying at the Ritz Carlton Hotel. We wanted something yummy and within walking distance from the hotel. When we arrived to the Hostess desk we were greeted with warm smiles and friendly faces. Tim our server was spot on. Not in your face - attentive when needed for sure. He had all of the right suggestions and our meal could not have been better. Sitting outside on a gorgeous Chicago evening on a cute tree lined street was perfect. The manager Michael visited our table to make sure everything was going well. My friend is looking forward to her next visit so we can dine here! Thank you - Michael, Tim & staffSpecial Features:
- Good not greatTgc1VIPDined on 9/18/2014We had the fish dip, deviled eggs, ceciche, mac and cheese, red snapper and the halibut. Fish dip, deviled eggs, ceviche, and hilbut were all good. The red snapper and mac n cheese were both just ok. I thought it was a little over priced which I expected for the area and the Mercadito brand name. It definitely wasn't worth over $150 for two people.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/13/2014We enjoyed our first experience at Mercadito Fish. We'll be backSpecial Features:
- Good ChangeAliceBCVIPDined on 9/12/2014Mercadito Fish had previously been Little Market. Little Market was a failure--no one liked the menu. Same owners, I believe, but Mercadito Fish is a much better solution for this space.Special Features:
- Outstanding service!DpgreviewsDined on 9/12/2014When we sat down, the waiter was busy with a big party. But within a minute, he greeted us to say he'd be right with us. Then, within another minute, another waiter checked on us to make sure we were greeted. We waited a few mins for the waiter to come back to get our drink order, but it didn't matter because they had greeted us- so important. At one point during the meal, my boyfriend spilled something on his shirt and was using a napkin with water to try to clean it. The waiter saw this from across the room, and quickly brought him soda water without us asking! At one point a manager checked in with us as well too see how we were doing. The food was good, but the service was so outstanding, I'd definitely go back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good seafood butTerryBVIPDined on 9/12/2014The seafood entrees my husband and I ordered were good (salmon and snapper), but the side of broccolini was overspiced. The service wasn't good, especially considering the price of the meal. The waiter was inattentive. Halfway through the meal, I had to remind him to bring me the glass of wine I ordered, and when our entrees arrived they forgot to bring our side of broccolini and the lemon wedges we ordered. When the dining bill goes above the $100 mark, I expect better.
- Great food!ChrisRocksVIPDined on 9/10/2014We had the lobster roll, salmon tar tar, mac&cheese and fish tacos - all were amazing! It wasnt very busy so service was great and they have 1/2 off wine on Wednesdays!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Quickly becoming a favorite. So convenient, always attentive service and lots of options on the menu. The french toast was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly wonderfulElyseGVIPDined on 9/6/2014We had heard good things about Mercadito Fish but really had no idea what to expect. We will definitely return often! The red snapper was outstanding and the lobster roll was, as well. The waiter did a great job of explaining the menu and allowing revisions for food allergies and preferences. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- But, why the wait?FamilyDissappointmentDined on 9/5/2014Mercadito Fish was a great find. Food was terrific, service was good, the restaurant looks great. But, why did they make us wait for 25 minutes at an overcrowded and loud bar if the restaurant was half empty at the time of our reservation? Did they want us to spend some more in alcohol? That didn't work out since the bartenders were the only ones too busy anyways.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Wine NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014Great dinner. I didn't know they do half off their wine bottles on Wednesdays. My server informed me and we gladly took advantage!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Take a "PASS" on this restaurant.LynneVIPDined on 9/1/2014This location was previously Little Market Brassarie - food was very nice, great happy hour, other nice specials (including music for weekend brunch). Loved Little Market Brassarie. Mercadito Fish is TERRIBLE! High priced - for minimal portions and were far less than average in quality. Just my opinion... and I live in the 'hood. I am one who will share my disappointments when they are "extreme", yet share my top complements when warrented. Sought out the manager after closing out the check and departing. Indicated that I would be very surprised if they "made it". SUGGESTION... dine at "FIG AND OLIVE" on Oak Street just West of Michigan Ave... Terrific!
- Missing somethingPoorguyVIPDined on 9/1/2014Showed up on labor day. They still had the brunch menu so we decided to order a bunch of different things and share them. Started with the clams and the clam chowder. Both were delicious. Then we had the biscuits and gravy, eggs Benedict with pork belly and the house made bacon. Biscuits and gravy were good. The gravy was more like big chunks of sausage and some gravy. It was very good, but not great. Then we get to the Benedict and bacon. I think they ran out of salt because these were the blandest things I've ever eaten. My grandmother can only have 1 tsp of salt per day and she could have eaten these 2 things 3 times a day and not come close. I had to put salt on the bacon which is a problem in my opinion.
- I liked the old concept betterFoodiequeenVIPDined on 8/30/2014I loved the concept before, the food was amazing and the decor fit perfect. For being a "seafood" restaurant the menu was lacking for 2 people who love seafood. There just the same old stuff I could anywhere else and it was a limited menu...I would have been ok with that if there was something spectacular on it, but there wasn't. And for the decor it was the same they just threw some fish stuff up. Service was good but it was so dead in there I felt he was a little to friendly. Over all I won't return unless the old restaurant does.Special Features:
- enjoyed the setting more than foodNadineYVIPDined on 8/29/2014we sat outside on a friday night and enjoyed the experience. the ceviche appetizer had a unique citrus flavor that i enjoyed while my date did not. it was served with taro root chips, a huge plus. the tamarind salmon was incredibly fresh and well flavored, while the tuna BLT was disappointing. it came with fried onions in the sandwich, which was not on the menu and which were really overpowering. i wanted to eat tuna, not friend onions. the fries were well cooked. overall, this was a just-ok experience. i don't think i'm tempted enough to return. i liked little market brasserie (which used to be in this space) much better. i was also surprised that scallops were not on the menu.Special Features:
- Delish!MaegVIPDined on 8/23/2014We sat outside in the very spacious outdoor seating area. Great spot for al fresco dining. Tuna crudo was delicious, as was our special entrée. I've been there twice, and will be back again. Slightly on the pricier side, though.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014I've been here a few times now, great spot for a nice dinner or a quick brunch. Love the acoustic music during brunch. Friendly service and beautiful patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outdoors is specialThanksVIPDined on 8/22/2014portions are small by chicago standards but quite goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never againmorrisVIPDined on 8/15/2014Stopped for dinner Friday 5:30 pm. Places our order. Drinks (Mojito- probably the worst ever my wife had and Bloody Mary -just OK) arrived 1/2 hour later. The appetizer -mussels was just OK, the grilled ceasar salad-terrible, mushroom soup looks like straight from the can!. My wife's salmon was super sweet to the point that she sent it back, my trout was so-so. Very disappointed with both food and service...
- Bring on the pistachio!BonVivantDined on 8/11/2014My wife and I came here for my birthday celebration. Highlights include the clam chowder and the chicken. Oh and I can't forget the pistachio chocolate sundae the server brought us! Will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keep Coming Back For MoreOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Second time coming in for dinner. My husband and I loved the first experience so much, we decided to stop by for a quick dinner before a show. Ceviche and tuna tataki club are a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, food and sceneryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/6/2014Food was great and the outdoor seating was amazing as well. Our server had a huge beard and was awesome...funny, helpful and fast.Special Features:
- Must try if you're a seafood fanSevenmegDined on 8/5/2014The citrus ceviche was outstanding! My friend ordered the Salmon which knocked my Red Snapper out of the water. I would order Salmon my next visit. The ginger smash was very refreshing and exactly what I was in the mood for on a summer eve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!LeniVIPDined on 8/2/2014One of the best patios in the Gold Coast. Service was great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/2/2014We love the original Mercadito and figured this place would be just as good. It was! Oysters were fresh and fabulous, Salmon and fish tacos were excellent--and the non fish lover in our group ordered the chicken, which was also fabulous. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- DISAPPOINTINGDINERVIPDined on 7/30/2014THIS WAS MY SECOND LUNCH AT THE RESTAURANT. THE FIRST TIME THE FLUKE SANDWICH WAS DELICIOUS. THE SECOND TIME WAS NOT AS GOOD. - DEFINITELY LESS FISH ON THE SANDWICH. THE SERVICE WAS ALSO WAS LESS SATISFACTORY. THE RESTAURANT WAS ALMOST EMPTY AT 12:3O AND THE BUSTLING OUTDOOR BUSINESS WAS GONE.Special Features:
- really need to work out the kinksmssam1Dined on 7/26/2014The seafood format is a great change from their prior bistro life. They just really falter in the execution which is such a shame. Great food is tarnished when it comes out cold or not at all. Was a birthday celebration & most of parts of the meal get messed up - from the appetizers not showing up at all to some of the meals & sides coming out cold. The waiter was GREAT but he was so overstretched, that must have been a stressful night. Same for bar area. We gave up our dinner table even though it was comfortable outside because we know the wait for drinks would be unbearable, but the bartender was just as harried. To provide a comfortable experience, restaurants really need to have the right number of staff or allocate them better.Special Features:
- AllisonVIPDined on 7/25/2014There was barely anyone in the restaurant when we were there which was at 8pm on a Friday night. The food was ok and the service was just eh. I am not dying to go back but it wasn't terrible.
- Glad to see more Seafood in ChicagoLizz1212VIPDined on 7/17/2014I had been to Mercadito before and when they saw they were opening a seafood restaurant I decided to give it a shot for my birthday. We sat outside and had a great meal. The oysters were fresh, the fish tacos amazing, and the seared tuna cooked perfectly. The waiter was friendly. I would go back for lunch to check out some more things on their menu.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/15/2014We ate here a few weeks after the restaurant changed its concept to seafood from the former brasserie. Fish was well-prepared. Both Halibut and Ahi Tuna were very good. Service was a bit spotty.I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good food, nice atmosphereChicagoGirlDined on 7/12/2014I like this place a lot. The food was very good, I had the salmon and my boyfriend has the halibut which was amazing. We also had the calamari appetizer and a creme brulé dessert. The easier was very nice and attentive. The only problem was that the main curse took to long to be served. Our waiter was aware of it and he redeem himself by bringing dessert for free. Great atmosphere and location. I would definitely go back there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/27/2014Great service...bearded fellow named Zac was a great server. awesome outdoor spot and great food. what more to ask for?Special Features:
- The following 2 reviews are from the Mercadito Fish reviews archive.
- Pretty good food at a veryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/28/2013Pretty good food at a very good price given the area.Special Features:
- Good neighborhood place andChanDined on 3/9/2013Good neighborhood place and upgrade for Talbott Hotel where it replaced Buce. Menu somewhat typical of many new Chicago restaurants with a few unique touched (pull-apart bread is recommended). Not as exciting as this venture's other recently opened Barcito and Tavernita, but a safe bet when you can't find a reservation at some of the nearby Rush Street and Streetervile eateriesSpecial Features: