10 E Delaware Pl
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
Gold Coast / Streeterville
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mercaditofish.com/
- Phone: (312) 640-8141
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday-Friday 6:30am-11:00am
Lunch: Monday-Friday 11:00am-3:30pm
Dinner: Sunday-Monday 3:30pm-10:00pm / Tuesday-Thursday 3:30pm-11:00pm / Friday-Saturday 3:30pm-12:00am
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 6:30am-3:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Guillermo Tellez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, BYO Liquor, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: We offer special menus for breakfast, lunch, meetings and dinner events, on our 3 private banquet rooms at the Talbott Hotel.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact email@example.com for information and booking.
- Private Party Contact: Wendy Wohlfeill x
- Entertainment: Acoustic Brunch Saturdays and Sundays
A word from Mercadito Fish
A contemporary American seafood eatery is the latest concept developed by Managing Partner Alfredo Sandoval of the esteemed Mercadito Hospitality group. Located in the heart of Chicago's thriving Gold Coast neighborhood at The Talbott Hotel, Mercadito Fish features the best of casual and fine dining seafood restaurants. Fresh seasonal “catches” and personable service amplify its’ modern day sensibility, inspiring exploration of new flavors and approachability. The restaurant showcases a range of familiar and new seafood preparations, as well as an expertly customized beverage program. Matched with a warm and thoughtfully designed environment, Mercadito Fish offers exquisitely prepared seafood without compromising atmosphere and price.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mercadito Fish reviews from OpenTable diners
125 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (63)neighborhood gem (62)good for groups (45)fit for foodies (32)great for lunch (32)great for brunch (31)special occasion (22)hot spot (20)notable wine list (18)kid-friendly (18)romantic (17)scenic view (9)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/26/2014Great fish main and starter course especially the crab cakes and halibut. Even it appears to be attached to a hotel it is not your typical hotel restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- could use some of the flavors of MercaditoappleDined on 11/25/2014food was good, not great. was surprising as their other restaurant 'mercadito' is excellent. wish they would have taken those flavors and brought them over this this new venture - especially their fish tacos!
- Nothing like the actual mercaditoBenrosenVIPDined on 11/19/2014Mercadito is one of my favorite places in the city to grab a drink and get some seafood. Total hot spot. Pricy, but worth it. Memorable. Mercadito fish is the opposite. Food was serviceable. We didn't have anything bland. But 2 days later and I can't recall much as it was very ... Blah. Service was good, mainly because we were one of the only groups there. I am big in supporting restaurants in the city, and am not one to give any negative reviews. But I was shocked by the lack of pop this place had. Three stars.
- Excellent food, service in a modern settingSandVIPDined on 11/19/2014Had the grilled copia fillet and it was an excellent fish with an amazing fennel sauce. They should bottle the sauce. Outstanding service and they had a deal for wine the day I was there, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh and tastyLaliVIPDined on 11/18/2014This restaurant has a Casual decor, fresh, creative, healthy and savory dishes with good serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!EfftyVIPDined on 11/17/2014My son goes to Loyola university and he told me about Meecadito, so we met him there for lunch and we were very happy with his choice. We loved the contrast of flavors in everything we tryed and the friendly staff. I would defilly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre FoodChoosyeaterVIPDined on 11/15/2014We ordered appetizers and a few entrees. The deviled eggs were good as well as the oysters, but that's where it stops. We ordered the mussels which were dry and had little juice in the bowl, the crab cake was just ok and the fish sanwhich and lobster roll were cold. We sent them back and it was still just ok. Our waiter was really nice. He tried his best to help but he doesn't cook the food. The menu is limited. I was excited to go because I love Mercadito, but this place was so disappointing. Would not go back!
- Fish and chips!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/14/2014Yum! Had a great experience at Mercadito Fish! I was a little hesitant after reading yelp reviews, but so glad we went! Really good food, fun space, and great key lime pie tart for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Appetizer everlibsavVIPDined on 11/14/2014Just loved the smoked whitefish jar with fabulous crostini to spread it on. Especially nice that the general manager and waiter took it off the bill because they had not had it the last time we had specifically gone to have it. New complimentary soft serve mini ice cream cone were the perfect e ding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very dead and food underseasonedfoodieMIVIPDined on 11/8/2014I was expecting much more. The day we went we were informed earlier it was BYOB. The restaurant was super empty at prime dinner time. THe food was also underseasoned.Special Features:
- Very Limited menuChicagosslVIPDined on 11/2/2014It was very uncomfortable when my guest found nothing she really wanted on the menu. She loves Devons and Shaws. The place was almost empty yet they never considered moving out a table in each row to give patrons easier access. We will not return.
- Good food, mediocre serviceKikiVIPDined on 11/1/2014We live around the corner. This was our first time - we had been there when it was Little Market Brasserie. Food was good. They were out of a few things - mentioned after we tried to order them. We were disappointed that the manager didn't stop by our table to ask how our experience was when he did do so for every other table. We noticed an older, particularly well-heeled-appearing couple sitting near us (the only other party sitting in our area) was getting all of the manager's attention. I'm no fool; he probably assumed they were dropping a lot of money. He made eye contact with us, but couldn't be bothered to speak to us. We're a young couple; he likely assumed we weren't spending much money. We probably won't be back.Special Features:
- DiningirlVIPDined on 10/31/2014The poor service negated the excellent fish tacos and grilled romaine/ Caesar salad that we had . My martini was beyond poor - not cold enough , and it wasn't the Hendricks I asked for . I decided not to send it back due to our waiter. Inspite of the dining room being close to empty , our waiter rushed us as though there were numerous parties waiting for a table . There are many places where we can get excellent fish tacos and a martini. I might come here when the weather turns around next year , the outdoor cafe would be pleasant .
- DisappointinglatenighteaterVIPDined on 10/27/2014The restaurant was empty and the food was not impressive. I am a huge fan of Mercadito and was excited to try out a seafood version. Sadly, I will not be going back or recommending to my friends.
- Just okayWBRchicagoVIPDined on 10/25/2014Overall, this was just ok. If there was a highlight, it was the cold seafood platter - delicious. Best part of the meal!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Pleasant experience. A bit pricey, but it was enjoyable.
- Oyster Happy HoursofiadujourVIPDined on 10/16/2014Great deal for oyster happy hour - select type for $1 with purchase of any wine bottle over $35. We greatly enjoyed a sparkling wine with delicious Malpecs. Delicious and generous portion of smoked fish spread. Good deviled eggs. Fluke sandwich was good, although hard to eat, and came with great fries.Special Features:
- No Ear Plugs Required at this placeChiTownMoVIPDined on 10/4/2014Was there on Saturday, missed the lunch menu, but was pleasantly surprised by the midday menu. The staff was friendly the decor was simplistic and comfortable. The shrimp cocktail had a great presentation, but more importantly delicious. The wedge salad was tasty. We ordered the Salmon and the Chicken, both cooked to perfection and flavorful. We are definitely returning for dinner as there are some menu items that could look very tempting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely BreakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014This is my go to for breakfast and lunch in the Gold Coast, so convenient and everyone is always so friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious fishes!karlambDined on 9/26/2014We were running late due to horrible traffic. The staff was pleasant and accommodating. Great cocktails, not too sweet. LOVED the calamari, tuna crudo, and the lobster roll. We also had the grilled salad and it was great, although it was over dressed. Parker House rolls were dry and not at all what we know as Parker House rolls, but it did not ruin the overall experience. They brought a delicious pistachio sundae for our daughter since it was her birthday. Great place....we will be back again.Special Features:
- Best Outdoor Patio in the areakktaylorVIPDined on 9/26/2014Out door patio is very charming. It is in a wind tunnel down Delaware St. So it is usually very cool and pleasant. They do a great job with planters and trees. Indoors they have new décor. The restaurant is easier to get into than other restaurants on Rush St. Much quieter too. The food is quite good with fresh seafood and fish. Service is always good, indoors or outdoors.Special Features:
- Not ready for prime timeskyroverVIPDined on 9/24/2014For the location and the prices, the execution is amateurish. Food came at irregular intervals and was just thrown down on the table. I hope it improves.
- Great Service, Not So Great FoodKayBVIPDined on 9/21/2014The service was really amazing. Our server was energetic and was incredibly knowledgeable of the menu and overall restaurant industry. However, our actual food was not very good at all. My friend had the lobster roll and while it was edible, she didn't enjoy it. I, on the other hand, had the chicken and it was just inedible. It was really greasy and just too heavy for me. When the waiter saw that I hadn't eaten much of it, he graciously took it off of the bill. But, overall, I can't say I was impressed with this place. It's unfortunate because Mercadito is literally my favorite restaurant and I eat there several times a month.
- Another yummy dinnerYummyVIPDined on 9/20/2014My long time friend was visiting from Sausalito, Ca, staying at the Ritz Carlton Hotel. We wanted something yummy and within walking distance from the hotel. When we arrived to the Hostess desk we were greeted with warm smiles and friendly faces. Tim our server was spot on. Not in your face - attentive when needed for sure. He had all of the right suggestions and our meal could not have been better. Sitting outside on a gorgeous Chicago evening on a cute tree lined street was perfect. The manager Michael visited our table to make sure everything was going well. My friend is looking forward to her next visit so we can dine here! Thank you - Michael, Tim & staffSpecial Features:
- Good not greatTgc1VIPDined on 9/18/2014We had the fish dip, deviled eggs, ceciche, mac and cheese, red snapper and the halibut. Fish dip, deviled eggs, ceviche, and hilbut were all good. The red snapper and mac n cheese were both just ok. I thought it was a little over priced which I expected for the area and the Mercadito brand name. It definitely wasn't worth over $150 for two people.
- NummyPurrfectVIPDined on 9/18/2014Everything we had was delicious. Love the fish tacos! Would return just for them. Good service, lovely cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/13/2014We enjoyed our first experience at Mercadito Fish. We'll be backSpecial Features:
- Good ChangeAliceBCVIPDined on 9/12/2014Mercadito Fish had previously been Little Market. Little Market was a failure--no one liked the menu. Same owners, I believe, but Mercadito Fish is a much better solution for this space.Special Features:
- Outstanding service!DpgreviewsVIPDined on 9/12/2014When we sat down, the waiter was busy with a big party. But within a minute, he greeted us to say he'd be right with us. Then, within another minute, another waiter checked on us to make sure we were greeted. We waited a few mins for the waiter to come back to get our drink order, but it didn't matter because they had greeted us- so important. At one point during the meal, my boyfriend spilled something on his shirt and was using a napkin with water to try to clean it. The waiter saw this from across the room, and quickly brought him soda water without us asking! At one point a manager checked in with us as well too see how we were doing. The food was good, but the service was so outstanding, I'd definitely go back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good seafood butTerryBVIPDined on 9/12/2014The seafood entrees my husband and I ordered were good (salmon and snapper), but the side of broccolini was overspiced. The service wasn't good, especially considering the price of the meal. The waiter was inattentive. Halfway through the meal, I had to remind him to bring me the glass of wine I ordered, and when our entrees arrived they forgot to bring our side of broccolini and the lemon wedges we ordered. When the dining bill goes above the $100 mark, I expect better.
- Great food!ChrisRocksVIPDined on 9/10/2014We had the lobster roll, salmon tar tar, mac&cheese and fish tacos - all were amazing! It wasnt very busy so service was great and they have 1/2 off wine on Wednesdays!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Quickly becoming a favorite. So convenient, always attentive service and lots of options on the menu. The french toast was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly wonderfulElyseGVIPDined on 9/6/2014We had heard good things about Mercadito Fish but really had no idea what to expect. We will definitely return often! The red snapper was outstanding and the lobster roll was, as well. The waiter did a great job of explaining the menu and allowing revisions for food allergies and preferences. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- But, why the wait?FamilyDissappointmentDined on 9/5/2014Mercadito Fish was a great find. Food was terrific, service was good, the restaurant looks great. But, why did they make us wait for 25 minutes at an overcrowded and loud bar if the restaurant was half empty at the time of our reservation? Did they want us to spend some more in alcohol? That didn't work out since the bartenders were the only ones too busy anyways.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Wine NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014Great dinner. I didn't know they do half off their wine bottles on Wednesdays. My server informed me and we gladly took advantage!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Take a "PASS" on this restaurant.LynneVIPDined on 9/1/2014This location was previously Little Market Brassarie - food was very nice, great happy hour, other nice specials (including music for weekend brunch). Loved Little Market Brassarie. Mercadito Fish is TERRIBLE! High priced - for minimal portions and were far less than average in quality. Just my opinion... and I live in the 'hood. I am one who will share my disappointments when they are "extreme", yet share my top complements when warrented. Sought out the manager after closing out the check and departing. Indicated that I would be very surprised if they "made it". SUGGESTION... dine at "FIG AND OLIVE" on Oak Street just West of Michigan Ave... Terrific!
- Missing somethingPoorguyVIPDined on 9/1/2014Showed up on labor day. They still had the brunch menu so we decided to order a bunch of different things and share them. Started with the clams and the clam chowder. Both were delicious. Then we had the biscuits and gravy, eggs Benedict with pork belly and the house made bacon. Biscuits and gravy were good. The gravy was more like big chunks of sausage and some gravy. It was very good, but not great. Then we get to the Benedict and bacon. I think they ran out of salt because these were the blandest things I've ever eaten. My grandmother can only have 1 tsp of salt per day and she could have eaten these 2 things 3 times a day and not come close. I had to put salt on the bacon which is a problem in my opinion.
- I liked the old concept betterFoodiequeenVIPDined on 8/30/2014I loved the concept before, the food was amazing and the decor fit perfect. For being a "seafood" restaurant the menu was lacking for 2 people who love seafood. There just the same old stuff I could anywhere else and it was a limited menu...I would have been ok with that if there was something spectacular on it, but there wasn't. And for the decor it was the same they just threw some fish stuff up. Service was good but it was so dead in there I felt he was a little to friendly. Over all I won't return unless the old restaurant does.Special Features:
- enjoyed the setting more than foodNadineYVIPDined on 8/29/2014we sat outside on a friday night and enjoyed the experience. the ceviche appetizer had a unique citrus flavor that i enjoyed while my date did not. it was served with taro root chips, a huge plus. the tamarind salmon was incredibly fresh and well flavored, while the tuna BLT was disappointing. it came with fried onions in the sandwich, which was not on the menu and which were really overpowering. i wanted to eat tuna, not friend onions. the fries were well cooked. overall, this was a just-ok experience. i don't think i'm tempted enough to return. i liked little market brasserie (which used to be in this space) much better. i was also surprised that scallops were not on the menu.Special Features:
- Delish!MaegVIPDined on 8/23/2014We sat outside in the very spacious outdoor seating area. Great spot for al fresco dining. Tuna crudo was delicious, as was our special entrée. I've been there twice, and will be back again. Slightly on the pricier side, though.I would recommend this to a friend.