Boston, MA 02210Neighborhood:
Fort Point Channel
FrenchPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mentonboston.com/
- Phone: (617) 737-0099
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:45pm
Friday and Saturday: 5:30-10:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, French
- Executive Chef: Kristen Kish
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Chef's Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room
A word from Menton
Menton, Chef Barbara Lynch’s Fort Point fine dining restaurant, is the final concept to complete her Fort Point trifecta and joins neighbors Sportello and Drink. Located in FP3, the AIA award-winning luxury condominium complex, Menton radiates an understated elegance and offers several beautiful spaces to dine including the 60-seat dining room, a 12-seat Chef’s Table, and the 45-seat private dining room. The restaurant, a glamorous expression of fine dining, was designed by Cheryl and Jeffrey Katz of C&J Katz and features a subtle palette of grays with touches of silver and black. The cuisine of Menton, an artful blend of French technique and Italian soul, displays Executive Chef Colin Lynch’s talent for precision, refinement, and visual artistry in the form of two menu options: a four-course prix-fixe and a seven-course chef’s tasting. Guests will relax and enjoy a carefully choreographed culinary experience under the direction of Chef Colin Lynch and GM Meredith Gallagher.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Menton reviews from OpenTable diners
127 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (103)fit for foodies (98)romantic (79)notable wine list (76)neighborhood gem (15)good for groups (9)hot spot (4)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Memorable eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary at Menton and it was everything we had imagined - excellent service - always attentive, never intrusive and we weren't ignored after the meal; elegant atmosphere; delicious food - probably our best meal in Boston. One of our favorite spots has been the Butcher Shop so we were eager to try Menton. Will come again. Already thinking about who we would like to introduce to Menton.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little over the topOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/13/2014Portions are rTher large for a tasting menu. Great service, but way too expensive for the experience.Special Features:
- ExceptionalPattiDined on 11/9/2014Not since Aujourd'hui closed have I had such a wonderful dining experience...and I would say it far surpasses that as well! An absolutely perfect meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceeaterDined on 11/9/2014Great place for a special dinner, expect to spend a lot (~$300) minimum, but for a wonderful experience. We both did the chef's tasting menu and it was a perfect amount of food with a lot of different tastes. Even though we both ordered the "same" thing, they prepared each course differently for the two of us which was very interesting and made you feel you were getting double the value. Service is fantastic A+, they found out we were recently engaged and allowed us into the private dining area (it was a slow Sunday night) in the back with a view of the kitchen, which my foodie fiancee loved.Special Features:
- Fit for a kingTheDudeDined on 11/8/2014Luxurious meal, attentive staff - what more could you ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the price of admissionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/6/2014Went recently with my wife for her birthday. When the folks at Menton called to confirm our reservation, I informed them it was a special evening. She was greeted by name, and given felicitations. The food presentation was outstanding, the service impeccable, and the wine list impressive. The staff does a great job of making patrons feel like VIP's. We will definitely return. A great venue for special occasions, foodies and romance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrate at MentonFoodNutDined on 11/5/2014The people on the staff at Menton know how to treat you. They make you feel at home and they truly cater to your wishes. They are gracious and attentive. Everything about our Menton dinner was memorable. Is it expensive? Yes. Is it worth it. Yes! I have already recommended it once to a friend who is a foodie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElegantdinerDined on 11/4/2014Dining at Menton is always a delight for us, it's changing elaborate menu and excellent serivce have never been disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bravo, and thank you.TandJMDined on 11/1/2014Truly one of the best dining experiences in recent memory. Extraordinary food and drink, exceptional service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over hyped and over pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/31/2014Over hyped and over priced for what you get - not worth. Go elsewhere.
- Gracious Servicemorels711Dined on 10/26/2014SERVICE: When I arrived, I was quickly greeted. Allergies were noted. A request for a booth was easily accommodated. Our server was friendly, though not overly so. My only complaint about service was that the pacing of the courses for our prix fixe was rushed. FOOD: The food at Menton was excellent, though it is not consistent or on par with Daniel or two/three Michelin star properties. If Michelin were to come to Boston, Menton would likely receive one star. Some dishes were too heavily salted; other dishes lacked culinary creativity. AMBIENCE: No dress code. At times, this is awkward if you are wearing a suit while others wear shorts (which I have seen at Menton multiple times). It detracts from the sophistication of the property.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Five Restaurant!KateDined on 10/25/2014My friends and I celebrated our mutual birthdays at Menton. We've done this every year for 25 years. Each year, we go to a new, highly-rated restaurant. We all agreed that Menton is one of our top five favorite restaurants of all time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful. Effortless. Memorable.WestvillagegirlDined on 10/19/2014On a cold October night, these two New Yorkers on a trip to Boston had a most lovely meal, in every way. Menton had these diners glowing and replete.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful chef tasting menuFoodiefrompaDined on 10/19/2014Carefully, well done 8 course menu without being too "out there". At times served 2 versions of same course. Delightful! Pricey but worth it. Sommelier pleasant and knowledgable. Obvious pride in their food. I liked the butter from their cow Babette.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Dining ExperienceRonMDined on 10/14/2014This was probably our finest dining experience ever. The food was outstanding and the service impeccable. It offers a prix fix or chef's tasting menu. We ordered from the prix fix menu. The four courses were separated by an offering of a selection of rolls and mini baguettes. I always get concerned when the portion sizes appear to be small but in this case we were both full by the time we finished. We would like to thank entire staff for making the evening a memorable one. I will recommend this place to everyone.Special Features:
- Fantastic food, service...waehlerischDined on 10/12/2014We've enjoyed meals in a number of 1, 2, + 3 star restaurants in Europe and other great restaurants there and in the states, but this was among the five best meals we've ever had, over several decades. Everything was prepared just as perfectly as one could wish, each dish was inventive but appropriate and solid in its combinations, one could taste each flavor distinctly and in interesting 'conversation' with others, and the prix fixe altogether, including the various amuse-bouches and the extra sweets at the end, was entirely satisfying, even if each dish itself was small. Wine list extensive, but overly tilted to pinot noir. Service very friendly, if not entirely professional (a little loud, once a little sloppy, once unknowledgeable).Special Features:
- lacking emotionTerryVIPDined on 10/8/2014That is for sure a good restaurant, but not in the category of a Michelin star.... The servers recite their lessons with no conviction whatsoever to explain the dishes.... May be would get 1 star at max. Lacking textures, contrasts... In short no emotion, and not worth what it costs....
- fabulous evening outNoonaDined on 10/6/2014Our meal was truly outstanding. The restaurant was lovely looking and the food and wait staff extraordinary. Among our group of seven we had two vegetarians and one diner who was gluten free and lactose intolerant. Their special needs were graciously attended to with much imagination; at every step of the meal they had their own little treats that coordinated with ours.Special Features:
- great restaurantCesgoDined on 10/5/2014what a food was delicios, the menú is so good and every thing was perfect, wine list is rich and the place is so romanticSpecial Features:
- Amazing Anniversary DinnerMKMMDined on 10/4/2014Went to Menton with my wife for our anniversary dinner. The food was amazing, the service was impeccable, and the ambience was beyond compare. Felt very comfortable and welcomed at the restaurant. I highly recommend Menton for anyone looking to celebrate a special evening or looking for an amazing dinning experience. We are already planning to return next year!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 10/4/2014It was amazing! John provided outstanding service, was engaging and had a very sincere/genuine smile. We did the Chef tasting, cheese course and winepairing. This is a dining experience, you must savor each course and the flavors in each course. Be prepared for a wonderful 4 hour dinner. Oh and the homemade bread, with grass fed butter - couldn't get enough of it. My only comment is that we started with three very small appetizers,we were not given any utensils, I think they should offer small appetizer forks with those, it was awkward to pick up with our hands. Venue was great, lots of space between tables, comfortable seating and big tables, so everything fit on the table comfortably.Highly recommended for special occasions. -Special Features:
- Wort itterryjbgDined on 10/3/2014Rarely is an expensive restaurant worth the cost, but in the case of Menton, it is! We went to celebrate a special anniversary and received an outstanding meal and imeccable service.Special Features:
- happy birthdaySaltDined on 10/3/2014I took my boyfriend here for his birthday we did the tasting menu. We arrived a few minutes early so we had a drink in the lounge. Every person greeted my boyfriend with a happy birthday and they had memorized the notes I gave about his favorite food. The meal was amazing and they even gave us a glass of wine to go with the beef course as a little something extra. Before the 7 course tasting menu started you receive a few little bites to get you started that were very delicious. Over all the meal and experience were amazing. I would go back again. I also loved that the people that were eating here were all different and it didn't feel stuffy or to casual.Special Features:
- Boston's best Worth Michelin statusOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2014Excellent evening with very good food and excellent service. Could not fault it. Of all the restaurants in Boston we've tried over the last 5 days, menton was clearly the most impressive. Highly recommended. Worth 2 Michelin stars at least.Special Features:
- AndreaDined on 9/24/2014Great evening to celebrate a special occasion. The food was outstanding, the service was impeccable. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WendyVIPDined on 9/24/2014Fabulous service, creative food and marvelous presentations. We went for a 60th birthday and it was perfection. A perfect setting for a quiet conversation as the tables have ample room between them.Special Features:
- hhwdsfarnsworthVIPDined on 9/20/2014This was a great meal. Not large portions, but the food is spectacularly good and we came away entirely satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TimOfJamaicaPlainDined on 9/20/2014The food and service were impecable. The only quibble I have with the whole evening is the banquette seating. I gave my husband that seat so he could look out on the dining room, and part way through the meal he was complaining that it is the most uncomfortable seat in a fine restaurant he's experienced. So ask not to be seated on the banquette.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousLuv2dineoutDined on 9/14/2014We went for our anniversary. This was our second visit. In both visits, we tried the tasting menu with the pairings. The food was amazing. The service was first class. A truly enjoyable time for the both of us. It was extremely memorable.... My only caution is that if you decide on the pairings, you may want a car service to drive you home....Special Features:
- A must visit food experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2014Menton was a pleasurable experience. We celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary. Staff were very attentive but not just because we were celebrating. I watched everyone receive the same detailed service and attention. The food is staged and served with time to reflect after every course. Barbara Lynch's detail to ingredients and presentation is over the top.Special Features:
- pricey but worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/11/2014We did the chefs tasting menu and honestly, if you are going to spend all of this money, it is worth getting the full experience. Every bite was an adventure and the service was exquisite. It is an experience you will always remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can I give it 6 stars for ServiceAlecVIPDined on 9/10/2014Had the tasting menu with wine pairings. Food was good but the service was a notch above. Best service I've had in 2014, present attentive, great when I spilled my water, fun, and funny. Wine pairings were truly fantastic made the meal.Special Features:
- Technically correct, but ...SuburbanDinerDined on 9/6/2014We did the tasting menu/wine pairings. Food was truly fabulous, inventive and beautifully presented. But . . . the evening began with one off note that stayed with me for some reason. We arrived a few minutes early for our 6:30 reservation and were invited to sit in the lounge. Drinks menus came right away, our order was taken, and then we waited . . . and waited. After a good 10 minutes, the server came out and apologized that the bar was backed up. We waited another 5-10 minutes. Given that this is a Relais + Chateau, it seemed to me that he could have/should have, come out with some small aperitif to tide us over while we waited. Maybe this is too small a point to raise, but I do expect "above and beyond" service at any R + C.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delightful dining experienceworldfoodie711Dined on 9/4/2014I went on a Thursday night with couple fellow foodie friends. We were all very happy with the food, service, and overall dining experience. My friends had drinks before I arrived and commented that the lavender infused martini was light and refreshing. We settled in for the 4 course prix fixe menu. Around the table we had foie gras, the summer veggie salad, halibut, crab, duck, and beef (the ribeye melted in your mouth with homemade sausage-yum!). The desserts were a beautiful - deconstructed cheesecake, raspberry crumble, and an unbelievable chocolate dish. Each course was so delightful - carefully prepared and presented. And the wines they helped select were a wonderful compliment. I'll go there again.Special Features:
- SuperbProeverVIPDined on 8/30/2014We chose the tasting menu with wine pairings which was of consistently high level full of surprising flavors and refined preparations. This is one of America's best restaurants.Special Features:
- Best in BostonSteveChicagoVIPDined on 8/30/2014We were attracted by the reviews and it did not disappoint. One of the best meals I have had in USA since moving over from UK 3 years ago. We live in Chicago and we would rate this restaurant in our top 5. Service was exceptional, e.g. always there when you wanted it but not intrusive. 4 course Prix Fixe menu was outstanding from first to last bite. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- five course meal.charsyDined on 8/29/2014Food and wine pairing was lovely. Portions were very small. Left a bit..hungrySpecial Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/27/2014On a scale of one to ten, I would give the food, wine and cocktails a ten and the service an eleven. Go on a special occasion or whenever you can and you are sure to be treated to a very fine dining experience.Special Features:
- Perfect CelebrationTD11Dined on 8/24/2014This is our 5th time at Menton and as usual the food and service never fails. We had the 5 course special menu and each wine pairing was a perfect compliment to food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but overpricedaer038Dined on 8/23/2014We recently went here to celebrate our anniversary. I had been given a $400 gift certificate from my work. The service was excellent and the wine pairings were worth the price - really great wines with good background information and ones we probably would not have tried on our own. The food was also very good but just not worth the exceptional cost, in my opinion. I will say my husband and I don't have the most progressive pallets so maybe a food critic would appreciate some of the culinary aspects more than we did. If it was on our dime, we would not have found it worth the splurge.Special Features: