Boston, MA 02210Neighborhood:
Fort Point Channel
FrenchPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mentonboston.com/
- Phone: 6177370099x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:45pm
Friday and Saturday: 5:30-10:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, French
- Executive Chef: Kristen Kish
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Chef's Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room
A word from Menton
Menton, Chef Barbara Lynch’s Fort Point fine dining restaurant, is the final concept to complete her Fort Point trifecta and joins neighbors Sportello and Drink. Located in FP3, the AIA award-winning luxury condominium complex, Menton radiates an understated elegance and offers several beautiful spaces to dine including the 60-seat dining room, a 12-seat Chef’s Table, and the 45-seat private dining room. The restaurant, a glamorous expression of fine dining, was designed by Cheryl and Jeffrey Katz of C&J Katz and features a subtle palette of grays with touches of silver and black. The cuisine of Menton, an artful blend of French technique and Italian soul, displays Executive Chef Colin Lynch’s talent for precision, refinement, and visual artistry in the form of two menu options: a four-course prix-fixe and a seven-course chef’s tasting. Guests will relax and enjoy a carefully choreographed culinary experience under the direction of Chef Colin Lynch and GM Meredith Gallagher.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Menton reviews from OpenTable diners
138 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (114)fit for foodies (99)romantic (86)notable wine list (83)neighborhood gem (22)good for groups (8)hot spot (6)scenic view (2)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Exceptional Dining ExperienceRonMDined on 10/14/2014This was probably our finest dining experience ever. The food was outstanding and the service impeccable. It offers a prix fix or chef's tasting menu. We ordered from the prix fix menu. The four courses were separated by an offering of a selection of rolls and mini baguettes. I always get concerned when the portion sizes appear to be small but in this case we were both full by the time we finished. We would like to thank entire staff for making the evening a memorable one. I will recommend this place to everyone.Special Features:
- Fantastic food, service...waehlerischDined on 10/12/2014We've enjoyed meals in a number of 1, 2, + 3 star restaurants in Europe and other great restaurants there and in the states, but this was among the five best meals we've ever had, over several decades. Everything was prepared just as perfectly as one could wish, each dish was inventive but appropriate and solid in its combinations, one could taste each flavor distinctly and in interesting 'conversation' with others, and the prix fixe altogether, including the various amuse-bouches and the extra sweets at the end, was entirely satisfying, even if each dish itself was small. Wine list extensive, but overly tilted to pinot noir. Service very friendly, if not entirely professional (a little loud, once a little sloppy, once unknowledgeable).Special Features:
- lacking emotionTerryVIPDined on 10/8/2014That is for sure a good restaurant, but not in the category of a Michelin star.... The servers recite their lessons with no conviction whatsoever to explain the dishes.... May be would get 1 star at max. Lacking textures, contrasts... In short no emotion, and not worth what it costs....
- fabulous evening outNoonaDined on 10/6/2014Our meal was truly outstanding. The restaurant was lovely looking and the food and wait staff extraordinary. Among our group of seven we had two vegetarians and one diner who was gluten free and lactose intolerant. Their special needs were graciously attended to with much imagination; at every step of the meal they had their own little treats that coordinated with ours.Special Features:
- great restaurantCesgoDined on 10/5/2014what a food was delicios, the menú is so good and every thing was perfect, wine list is rich and the place is so romanticSpecial Features:
- Amazing Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/4/2014Went to Menton with my wife for our anniversary dinner. The food was amazing, the service was impeccable, and the ambience was beyond compare. Felt very comfortable and welcomed at the restaurant. I highly recommend Menton for anyone looking to celebrate a special evening or looking for an amazing dinning experience. We are already planning to return next year!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 10/4/2014It was amazing! John provided outstanding service, was engaging and had a very sincere/genuine smile. We did the Chef tasting, cheese course and winepairing. This is a dining experience, you must savor each course and the flavors in each course. Be prepared for a wonderful 4 hour dinner. Oh and the homemade bread, with grass fed butter - couldn't get enough of it. My only comment is that we started with three very small appetizers,we were not given any utensils, I think they should offer small appetizer forks with those, it was awkward to pick up with our hands. Venue was great, lots of space between tables, comfortable seating and big tables, so everything fit on the table comfortably.Highly recommended for special occasions. -Special Features:
- Wort itterryjbgDined on 10/3/2014Rarely is an expensive restaurant worth the cost, but in the case of Menton, it is! We went to celebrate a special anniversary and received an outstanding meal and imeccable service.Special Features:
- happy birthdaySaltDined on 10/3/2014I took my boyfriend here for his birthday we did the tasting menu. We arrived a few minutes early so we had a drink in the lounge. Every person greeted my boyfriend with a happy birthday and they had memorized the notes I gave about his favorite food. The meal was amazing and they even gave us a glass of wine to go with the beef course as a little something extra. Before the 7 course tasting menu started you receive a few little bites to get you started that were very delicious. Over all the meal and experience were amazing. I would go back again. I also loved that the people that were eating here were all different and it didn't feel stuffy or to casual.Special Features:
- Boston's best Worth Michelin statusOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2014Excellent evening with very good food and excellent service. Could not fault it. Of all the restaurants in Boston we've tried over the last 5 days, menton was clearly the most impressive. Highly recommended. Worth 2 Michelin stars at least.Special Features:
- AndreaDined on 9/24/2014Great evening to celebrate a special occasion. The food was outstanding, the service was impeccable. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WendyVIPDined on 9/24/2014Fabulous service, creative food and marvelous presentations. We went for a 60th birthday and it was perfection. A perfect setting for a quiet conversation as the tables have ample room between them.Special Features:
- hhwdsfarnsworthVIPDined on 9/20/2014This was a great meal. Not large portions, but the food is spectacularly good and we came away entirely satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TimOfJamaicaPlainDined on 9/20/2014The food and service were impecable. The only quibble I have with the whole evening is the banquette seating. I gave my husband that seat so he could look out on the dining room, and part way through the meal he was complaining that it is the most uncomfortable seat in a fine restaurant he's experienced. So ask not to be seated on the banquette.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousLuv2dineoutDined on 9/14/2014We went for our anniversary. This was our second visit. In both visits, we tried the tasting menu with the pairings. The food was amazing. The service was first class. A truly enjoyable time for the both of us. It was extremely memorable.... My only caution is that if you decide on the pairings, you may want a car service to drive you home....Special Features:
- A must visit food experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2014Menton was a pleasurable experience. We celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary. Staff were very attentive but not just because we were celebrating. I watched everyone receive the same detailed service and attention. The food is staged and served with time to reflect after every course. Barbara Lynch's detail to ingredients and presentation is over the top.Special Features:
- pricey but worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/11/2014We did the chefs tasting menu and honestly, if you are going to spend all of this money, it is worth getting the full experience. Every bite was an adventure and the service was exquisite. It is an experience you will always remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can I give it 6 stars for ServiceAlecVIPDined on 9/10/2014Had the tasting menu with wine pairings. Food was good but the service was a notch above. Best service I've had in 2014, present attentive, great when I spilled my water, fun, and funny. Wine pairings were truly fantastic made the meal.Special Features:
- Technically correct, but ...SuburbanDinerDined on 9/6/2014We did the tasting menu/wine pairings. Food was truly fabulous, inventive and beautifully presented. But . . . the evening began with one off note that stayed with me for some reason. We arrived a few minutes early for our 6:30 reservation and were invited to sit in the lounge. Drinks menus came right away, our order was taken, and then we waited . . . and waited. After a good 10 minutes, the server came out and apologized that the bar was backed up. We waited another 5-10 minutes. Given that this is a Relais + Chateau, it seemed to me that he could have/should have, come out with some small aperitif to tide us over while we waited. Maybe this is too small a point to raise, but I do expect "above and beyond" service at any R + C.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delightful dining experienceworldfoodie711Dined on 9/4/2014I went on a Thursday night with couple fellow foodie friends. We were all very happy with the food, service, and overall dining experience. My friends had drinks before I arrived and commented that the lavender infused martini was light and refreshing. We settled in for the 4 course prix fixe menu. Around the table we had foie gras, the summer veggie salad, halibut, crab, duck, and beef (the ribeye melted in your mouth with homemade sausage-yum!). The desserts were a beautiful - deconstructed cheesecake, raspberry crumble, and an unbelievable chocolate dish. Each course was so delightful - carefully prepared and presented. And the wines they helped select were a wonderful compliment. I'll go there again.Special Features:
- SuperbProeverVIPDined on 8/30/2014We chose the tasting menu with wine pairings which was of consistently high level full of surprising flavors and refined preparations. This is one of America's best restaurants.Special Features:
- Best in BostonSteveChicagoVIPDined on 8/30/2014We were attracted by the reviews and it did not disappoint. One of the best meals I have had in USA since moving over from UK 3 years ago. We live in Chicago and we would rate this restaurant in our top 5. Service was exceptional, e.g. always there when you wanted it but not intrusive. 4 course Prix Fixe menu was outstanding from first to last bite. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- five course meal.charsyDined on 8/29/2014Food and wine pairing was lovely. Portions were very small. Left a bit..hungrySpecial Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/27/2014On a scale of one to ten, I would give the food, wine and cocktails a ten and the service an eleven. Go on a special occasion or whenever you can and you are sure to be treated to a very fine dining experience.Special Features:
- Perfect CelebrationTD11Dined on 8/24/2014This is our 5th time at Menton and as usual the food and service never fails. We had the 5 course special menu and each wine pairing was a perfect compliment to food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but overpricedaer038Dined on 8/23/2014We recently went here to celebrate our anniversary. I had been given a $400 gift certificate from my work. The service was excellent and the wine pairings were worth the price - really great wines with good background information and ones we probably would not have tried on our own. The food was also very good but just not worth the exceptional cost, in my opinion. I will say my husband and I don't have the most progressive pallets so maybe a food critic would appreciate some of the culinary aspects more than we did. If it was on our dime, we would not have found it worth the splurge.Special Features:
- DisappointingEnchantingVIPDined on 8/19/2014Overall this restaurant was not up to par with other fine dining experiences I have had. The decor is very dark and just plain. Was hoping for something more romantic. The food was nothing to write home about. The only thing I throughly enjoyed was the foie gras and they put an additional charge for that item.Our server Michael was very sweet and knowledgeable, but the meal was jsut average. I could get much more flavorful dishes at restaurnts that are half the price.They did make a very nice tender swordfish but the side dis of mussels and vegetables did not match and was dry.I also ordered a jonah crab salad with beets and radishes that had no flavor. In fact I am pretty confident the crab was canned. It had a fishy taste to it,not fresh.Special Features:
- Amazing Dining ExperiencequeeniegourmandDined on 8/19/2014We went to Menton for an anniversary dinner. The experience was incredible, the staff warm and pleasant (not stuffy), and the food delicious. We chose the Prix Fixe meal and were not disappointed. Our server, Danielle, was lovely.Special Features:
- Not bad but overrated & unmemorableHelenablueDined on 8/18/2014I went with a couple of friends to check out the much vaunted Menton. The atmosphere is lovely. The staff friendly enough. They do not rush you. The waiter went over the chef's tasting & we asked for time to decide if we wanted chef's tasting vs. prix fix. 15 minutes & some changes of water later, we let the waterperson know the waiter should know we were ready to order. We went with the prix-fix, and while all the ingredients were top notch, every dish was "Too" something (Salty, overcooked, rich, and complicated respectively). -Starter (yellowtail) was complicated, with 9 flavor components it was hard to try exploring them in a single bite. -Fish course (Salmon) was good, one of the better dishes, though salmon was overcooked.Special Features:
- Great night out with friends!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014Staff was more than welcoming - we arrived early, and they immed offered us seating in their lounge area, and offered us a variety of the bartenders unique, and refreshing cocktails! We were seated right on time, and service was above what I expected. The food was very creative, and the chef did a superb job with the blending of flavors. The portions were perfect, and the deserts were as special! It was a special experience, but costly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menton deliversAnonymousVIPDined on 8/17/2014Amongst the small number of formal, high end restaurants in Boston, the vibe here is my favorite. The service is ideal: you want for nothing, but they are also personable. The wines by the glass are better than some competitors', with a very good '06 Bordeaux by the glass at a lower price point than others would charge. The food is very good. 'Lots of labor-intensive elements that help support the price tag. As for portions, we left full, but big guys might not. The food itself is on par with L'Espalier, but if you just care about the food, there are places that do tasting menus and multi-course prix fixe that are perhaps a shade better (Bondir, Salts, TW Food, and Craigie). But, for that fancy, all-out, dress-up dinner, Menton is perfect.Special Features:
- For when it's all about the foodamateurfoodieDined on 8/16/2014The chef's tasting menu is amazing, but the courses just keep on coming. The food was exquisite, well presented, and creatively combined. Portions were small for each course but there were just so many of them that I was sadly grateful when the last arrived. I would love to see a tasting menu for lighter appetites. There is a four course prix fixe, but it doesn't have the same element of surprise and whimsy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A "WOW" dinnerFoodieMikeDined on 8/16/2014We had the Chef's tasting menu with different menus for the two of us. It was fabulous. This dinner was every bit as enjoyable as a recent one at the Inn at Little Washington. The individual items were delicious and creative. The waitstaff was very informative. There are too many to recount but each was impeccably prepared. It was great fun to have two different items for the two of us and to be able to share tastes. The pacing was perfect and the wine pairings were wonderful, including many wines and pairings that were new to me, the reason I chose the pairing route. the cheese course was memorable! If you want a great experience, try Menton's! You don't have to travel to Washington, Virginia!Special Features:
- MENTONborn2eatVIPDined on 8/15/2014small portions and overpriced. Paying for the excellent service. The bread basket makes sure you don't leave hungry! My halibut and chocolate dessert were excellent. Nice dining experience but won't hurry back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful presentationsBetsy02128Dined on 8/14/2014Everything was just one beautiful presentation after another. I was intimated by the menu. It seemed overwhelming. But in actuality it was perfect and the portions just right. The dishes were an adventure in wonderful combinations of ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousHadrienDined on 8/12/2014A taste of France in fresh New England ! The food is delicious and the service is at its best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/3/2014best part was the outstanding service....attentive but not obtrusive. Food was excellent, but in a city with so many outstanding restaurants, did not stand out. Twenty years ago, a restaurant of this quality would have me going back multiple times a year. Outstanding wine list. They are very knowledgable about it, and are willing to discuss choices without being condescending about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in Boston.CatherineDined on 8/3/2014From the moment you enter the restaurant, you recognize that you are in for a very special evening! The service is thoughtful and impeccable. Every morsel of food was beautifully plated and incredibly delicious. I only wish that I could go back more often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/3/2014Looking for a memorable place for great food, service, atmosphere? Look no further than Menton. Every dish was memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasting menususuDined on 8/1/2014This restaurant is expensive but it is worth every penny. The tasting menu will fill you up, quick. My advice is to alternate with meat dishes and some vegetarian dishes to give you stomach a chance. Great place to go if you are celebrating something; very romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.