Boston, MA 02210Neighborhood:
Fort Point Channel
FrenchPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mentonboston.com/
- Phone: (617) 737-0099
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:45pm
Friday and Saturday: 5:30-10:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, French
- Executive Chef: Kristen Kish
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Chef's Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room
A word from Menton
Menton, Chef Barbara Lynch’s Fort Point fine dining restaurant, is the final concept to complete her Fort Point trifecta and joins neighbors Sportello and Drink. Located in FP3, the AIA award-winning luxury condominium complex, Menton radiates an understated elegance and offers several beautiful spaces to dine including the 60-seat dining room, a 12-seat Chef’s Table, and the 45-seat private dining room. The restaurant, a glamorous expression of fine dining, was designed by Cheryl and Jeffrey Katz of C&J Katz and features a subtle palette of grays with touches of silver and black. The cuisine of Menton, an artful blend of French technique and Italian soul, displays Executive Chef Colin Lynch’s talent for precision, refinement, and visual artistry in the form of two menu options: a four-course prix-fixe and a seven-course chef’s tasting. Guests will relax and enjoy a carefully choreographed culinary experience under the direction of Chef Colin Lynch and GM Meredith Gallagher.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Menton reviews from OpenTable diners
130 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (105)fit for foodies (100)romantic (82)notable wine list (76)neighborhood gem (16)good for groups (9)hot spot (5)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/17/2014Great service and terrific food. Good ambiance and large wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JJOneillJrVIPDined on 6/16/2014Elegant, superb, Fine Dining Beautiful Presentations and flawless ServiceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Father's Day DinnernorthendnativeDined on 6/15/2014We took my dad here for Father's day dinner and our experience was top notch. We came in for an early reservation (5:30) and it was very quiet in the dining room. By the time we were wrapping up it had gotten busier but the nose level stayed at a very comfortable level. We all opted for the four course prix fixe menu and left stuffed. The small pre-dinner bites were as amazing as each course. Each dish was beautifully presented and explained on serving by the waiter. Everyone was extremely friendly and we were well attended, but at the same time I did not at all feel like the waitstaff was overbearing or constantly waiting to swoop in - it was a perfect balance.Special Features:
- Simply AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/13/2014This is the restaurant that you will want to go to for any special occasion or if you visit Boston. The service was amazing and the food was superb. Our group of three was there to celebrate my wife's birthday and we all left knowing that our experience dinning at Menton was very special. We ordered cocktails and they were delicious. I will make plans to dine there again, hopefully soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was hoping for more.Delish1VIPDined on 6/8/2014My husband and I finally made it to Menton after several years of talking about it. Last night we celebrated our anniversary and to be brutally honest we thought it was good but not worth the cost. We didn't leave wishing we had never tried it but we won't have it high on our list to go back for a special occasion. The atmosphere was blah and the food choices were just okay. I am adventurous with odd combinations but I have to say my mouth was not craving another bite with any of my four courses. The food portions were fair and we did not leave hungry like we did at No. 9 Park. The wait staff was helpful and friendly.Special Features:
- OkOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014The service was perfection but the food was underwhelming compared to other tasting menus in the city.Special Features:
- Not the French LaundrytufcriticDined on 6/6/2014Very good. Not the French Laundry. Staff attention is very high but they try too hard…too many different people coming at you. The pre-dinner tastes came out too quickly…one on top of another. The chef’s tasting menu was good but the dishes too frequently were overpowered by one component. The wine pairings were weak.Special Features:
- this is as a restaurant should beOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/5/2014Highest quality in form functionality ingredients and atmosphere. Personnel exceptionally interested and helpful. Could not desire better One of the places I travel to just to be there. I hate myself when cutting out Boston not be able to dine there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Amazing ExperienceLuv2eatVIPDined on 6/5/2014After reading reviews of this place and having dinner here we realize the establishment was under rated. One of the five best dining experiences we have ever had. Everything was as close to perfect as possible-the ambience, service, food and wine available. We were overwhelmed with the attention to detail of the kitchen and servers. This is definitely a place not to miss if you visit the City. It rivals any restaurant in New York (go Yankees!), Chicago or New Orleans.Special Features:
- cookingonthesquareDined on 6/5/2014While some of our courses where excellent, other things fell short. It looked better than it tasted. The square piece or halibut with morel crust was a bit of a waste for both the fish and especially the morel! The gnocchi were fried, turned our to be just ok. While the desserts looked great the taste did not match the presentation. Yet other things such as the torchon of foie gras, beef and other things were fantastic. Overall the dinner was great but the food seems to be drifting a little while the wine and service continue to be of the highest level.
- BarbaraBarbaraDined on 6/5/2014The food was very good, but seemed to be more about presentation than substance - the "main ingredient" should be more than one or two bitefuls, the flourishes seemed to be the main attraction. The noise level made conversation difficult - a dining experience is about the total experience and the fact that the noise level was very high - the dining experience was diminished.Special Features:
- excellent but quick dinnerjanbilleDined on 6/5/2014The food is generally excellent but service was so quick that the 4 course dinner only lasted 2 hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionRC777Dined on 6/1/2014A perfect place for special occasion as it was for our 54th. Anniversary,the ambiance is very comforting ,wine list is phenomenal,food is special , service unsurpassed, was not crowded on sunday evening, was very relaxing.it is really gourmet and expensive but worth the occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- melbeeDined on 5/29/2014Superb. Not a flavor out of place. Never a glass unattended. Menton is everything you want a high-end dining experience to be.Special Features:
- Fine dining at its bestcagirlDined on 5/28/2014We had the tasting menu and wine pairing and I thought the meal ranked in my top 3 meals ever. The food was beautifully presented, the taste of the dishes was superb and the wine for each course paired well with the dish. The service was stellarSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingDrariDined on 5/27/2014Food was amazing. Tasting menu was well tailored even to our many dietary restrictions. Go hungry. Service was amazing except.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good chef's tasting menuFoodieduduDined on 5/25/2014It was my first time visiting Menton and I was impressed by the food and the service that we received. Most of the main dishes have two different preparations. I thought that was nice. However, I was a little disappointed when we left. We came for a celebration occasion and we did leave a note to the restaurant when we made the reservation through OpenTable. However, we didn't receive any special arrangement or surprise from the chef at the end.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/24/2014Boston's fine dining at its best...Menton will set standard for any new restaurant which is Boston's only Relais & Châteaux restaurant. Impeccable service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/24/2014Some of the food a little over the top. Sometimes simpler is better...
- stellarOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/24/2014Presentation, ambience, and (nearly always) service were impeccable. The only awkward moment was while awaiting our seating (2nd group to arrive of 5) in the lounge area, cocktail menus were distributed to all, but no order was taken from us. Not a huge error, but it felt odd and I had my order ready. The rest of the evening (2hrs for the 5 course meal) was beautifully executed. Dish presentation is perfect and the flavors and textures are stunning. Side note: though I generally try to avoid eating much bread, saving room for other courses, their selection is appropriately small and worth a taste, particuarly the carmelized red onion roll.Special Features:
- Great serviceJambajingaDined on 5/21/2014Great service--not blown away by the food. Most dishes lacked acidity and lift.Special Features:
- A true gourmet experienceSaybrugianDined on 5/11/2014This was my second time at Menton. The first time we did the teasting menu which was spectacular and this time we went with prix fixe. This is so much more than a meal: the food is exquisite and beautifully presented and all the extras (amuses bouche) are a treat of course. It is expensive so for me it is a special occasion venue, but one that gives pleasure just in anticipation.Special Features:
- Menton ExperianceDaveDined on 5/11/2014Excellent experiance in dining, food was fantastic, service outstanding, great textures and flavors with each of our courses. Truly an outstanding afternoon. Cannot say enough about the wait staff, attentive but not overbearing.Special Features:
- You must dine hereKathyVIPDined on 5/10/2014Everything at Menton's was superb! The service, the creative, inventive, delicious food, the ambience. Make a reservation soon!Special Features:
- Great!FoodieVIPDined on 5/8/2014Best service in Boston. Great chef tasting menu. Had a woderful time celebrating our anniversarySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very memorable and specialbri1232001Dined on 5/6/2014Went here for my girlfriends birthday. The staff was extremely knowledgeable and gracious. In addition the food was just outstanding. Far exceeded my expectations, even though they were very high going in.Special Features:
- Expectations More Than MetPiscinDined on 5/1/2014Having eaten at other Barbara Lynch restaurants and having read reviews of Menton, we were very excited to try it. Knowing it was the only Relais & Chateaux property in Boston was another reason for us to make a trip into Boston for a special birthday dinner. It met all our expectations for extremely high quality and creative dishes, excellent service and wonderful wine pairings.Special Features:
- Less Than ImpressiveOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/1/2014The food was less than impressive while it was trying so hard to be. Of the 7 courses 2 were outstanding the rest were not. Sad to spend $350 for two with the overall food experience being that we commented that "the rolls were good". Seven people served us, one was just to put the wine glass on the table, so I the service was good.
- OutstandinggoodfoodgoodserviceVIPDined on 4/29/2014Menton is far and away the best restaurant in Boston. The food is extraordinary, the wine list is superb and the service is wonderful. You must try the chef's tasting menu - just put yourself in their hands and enjoy the next few hours.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/27/2014The food, service and atmosphere were all perfect. I can say nothing bad about this restaurant - I had an incredible service, the food portions were generous, and the taste was sublime. A really wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top foodQuadratoVIPDined on 4/27/2014The eight entrees between my wife and me were nearly all excellent. Attention to detail, superb sauces and creative presentation enhanced our choices. Only part of one entree was sub par with some meat that should not have been served. The wine selection is quite good with outstanding Qupé Syrah available by the glass. The service was superb except for some confusion with my check where I was charged another table's much higher bill to my credit card.Special Features:
- Excellent Dining ExperiencegreatfoodVIPDined on 4/22/2014Menton is amazing. The food is impressively prepared and delicious. The service impeccable. Highly recomnend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in BostonHardtopleaseDined on 4/21/2014This is the third time I've been to Menton. It was fabulous as before. I'm from California and spend considerable time in NY - so I eat at lots of top rated restaurants. This is right there with the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014portions should be larger, much to small for the priceSpecial Features:
- Almost spectacular, but notLikeEatingandNotPickyDined on 4/17/2014The tasting menu was great, almost every dish hit. It progressed nicely and each dish (of the ~15) was flavorful and inventive, with maybe one exception. While the staff was very professional, it was a bit hard to understand their description of each dish because of heavy accents - we stopped asking them to repeat themselves after a while. It actually took a few courses to get a glass of wine I had asked for, but they made up for this with a complementary digestif for my wife and I (we didn't complain at all, they took it upon themselves, which was appreciated). I love the location.Special Features:
- Will return in a heartbeat!NewFavoriteDined on 4/15/2014I was 40 minutes late because of traffic. I called ahead and they kept the table. We had four course dinner with wine pairing. Food was spectacular and full of different layers of flavors. Wine pairing was delicious and very thoughtful. The service was impeccable and very attentive. Fantastic and memorable!Special Features:
- FANTASTICLuvFineFood2Dined on 4/12/2014The Chef's Tasting menu was truly a phenomenal experience of outstanding presentations and tasting experiences combining a wide range of flavors and surprises. The wines were excellent and the service truly professional and attentive. We plan on returning again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotFredDined on 4/11/2014For dinner, excellent food and wine, service is professional and unobtrusive. Full marks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extensive and tres cher wineScottyVIPDined on 4/9/2014Extensive and tres cher wine list. Service was excellent and never intrusive. Only critique was that when each course was served, and there are four with the pre- fix menu ( only option is pre- fix), the server gave a rote explanation of the preparation and selection -- it was impossible, however, to understand because the server spoke English so poorly. Not perfect score for ambience because car and truck headlights from street flash through large windows .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Occasion diningL02118VIPDined on 4/3/2014While we went on a random Thursday, just because we had a night off and had wanted to go for quite some time, this place is probably most reserved for special occasions. We did see a lot of business groups out as well. Menu is either prix fixe or tasting. Both are exceptional. Wine list is actually a book and waiters know it front to back. Service is impeccable. .. unbelievable actually. If you're looking to impress, this is the place. One note, I felt somewhat under dressed in a nice sweater. Dresses and suits were standard there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.