Boston, MA 02210Neighborhood:
Fort Point Channel
FrenchPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mentonboston.com/
- Phone: (617) 737-0099
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:45pm
Friday and Saturday: 5:30-10:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, French
- Executive Chef: Kristen Kish
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Chef's Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room
A word from Menton
Menton, Chef Barbara Lynch’s Fort Point fine dining restaurant, is the final concept to complete her Fort Point trifecta and joins neighbors Sportello and Drink. Located in FP3, the AIA award-winning luxury condominium complex, Menton radiates an understated elegance and offers several beautiful spaces to dine including the 60-seat dining room, a 12-seat Chef’s Table, and the 45-seat private dining room. The restaurant, a glamorous expression of fine dining, was designed by Cheryl and Jeffrey Katz of C&J Katz and features a subtle palette of grays with touches of silver and black. The cuisine of Menton, an artful blend of French technique and Italian soul, displays Executive Chef Colin Lynch’s talent for precision, refinement, and visual artistry in the form of two menu options: a four-course prix-fixe and a seven-course chef’s tasting. Guests will relax and enjoy a carefully choreographed culinary experience under the direction of Chef Colin Lynch and GM Meredith Gallagher.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Menton reviews from OpenTable diners
129 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (105)fit for foodies (100)romantic (81)notable wine list (76)neighborhood gem (15)good for groups (9)hot spot (5)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Good but overpricedaer038Dined on 8/23/2014We recently went here to celebrate our anniversary. I had been given a $400 gift certificate from my work. The service was excellent and the wine pairings were worth the price - really great wines with good background information and ones we probably would not have tried on our own. The food was also very good but just not worth the exceptional cost, in my opinion. I will say my husband and I don't have the most progressive pallets so maybe a food critic would appreciate some of the culinary aspects more than we did. If it was on our dime, we would not have found it worth the splurge.Special Features:
- DisappointingEnchantingVIPDined on 8/19/2014Overall this restaurant was not up to par with other fine dining experiences I have had. The decor is very dark and just plain. Was hoping for something more romantic. The food was nothing to write home about. The only thing I throughly enjoyed was the foie gras and they put an additional charge for that item.Our server Michael was very sweet and knowledgeable, but the meal was jsut average. I could get much more flavorful dishes at restaurnts that are half the price.They did make a very nice tender swordfish but the side dis of mussels and vegetables did not match and was dry.I also ordered a jonah crab salad with beets and radishes that had no flavor. In fact I am pretty confident the crab was canned. It had a fishy taste to it,not fresh.Special Features:
- Amazing Dining ExperiencequeeniegourmandDined on 8/19/2014We went to Menton for an anniversary dinner. The experience was incredible, the staff warm and pleasant (not stuffy), and the food delicious. We chose the Prix Fixe meal and were not disappointed. Our server, Danielle, was lovely.Special Features:
- Not bad but overrated & unmemorableHelenablueDined on 8/18/2014I went with a couple of friends to check out the much vaunted Menton. The atmosphere is lovely. The staff friendly enough. They do not rush you. The waiter went over the chef's tasting & we asked for time to decide if we wanted chef's tasting vs. prix fix. 15 minutes & some changes of water later, we let the waterperson know the waiter should know we were ready to order. We went with the prix-fix, and while all the ingredients were top notch, every dish was "Too" something (Salty, overcooked, rich, and complicated respectively). -Starter (yellowtail) was complicated, with 9 flavor components it was hard to try exploring them in a single bite. -Fish course (Salmon) was good, one of the better dishes, though salmon was overcooked.Special Features:
- Great night out with friends!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014Staff was more than welcoming - we arrived early, and they immed offered us seating in their lounge area, and offered us a variety of the bartenders unique, and refreshing cocktails! We were seated right on time, and service was above what I expected. The food was very creative, and the chef did a superb job with the blending of flavors. The portions were perfect, and the deserts were as special! It was a special experience, but costly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menton deliversAnonymousVIPDined on 8/17/2014Amongst the small number of formal, high end restaurants in Boston, the vibe here is my favorite. The service is ideal: you want for nothing, but they are also personable. The wines by the glass are better than some competitors', with a very good '06 Bordeaux by the glass at a lower price point than others would charge. The food is very good. 'Lots of labor-intensive elements that help support the price tag. As for portions, we left full, but big guys might not. The food itself is on par with L'Espalier, but if you just care about the food, there are places that do tasting menus and multi-course prix fixe that are perhaps a shade better (Bondir, Salts, TW Food, and Craigie). But, for that fancy, all-out, dress-up dinner, Menton is perfect.Special Features:
- For when it's all about the foodamateurfoodieDined on 8/16/2014The chef's tasting menu is amazing, but the courses just keep on coming. The food was exquisite, well presented, and creatively combined. Portions were small for each course but there were just so many of them that I was sadly grateful when the last arrived. I would love to see a tasting menu for lighter appetites. There is a four course prix fixe, but it doesn't have the same element of surprise and whimsy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A "WOW" dinnerFoodieMikeDined on 8/16/2014We had the Chef's tasting menu with different menus for the two of us. It was fabulous. This dinner was every bit as enjoyable as a recent one at the Inn at Little Washington. The individual items were delicious and creative. The waitstaff was very informative. There are too many to recount but each was impeccably prepared. It was great fun to have two different items for the two of us and to be able to share tastes. The pacing was perfect and the wine pairings were wonderful, including many wines and pairings that were new to me, the reason I chose the pairing route. the cheese course was memorable! If you want a great experience, try Menton's! You don't have to travel to Washington, Virginia!Special Features:
- MENTONborn2eatVIPDined on 8/15/2014small portions and overpriced. Paying for the excellent service. The bread basket makes sure you don't leave hungry! My halibut and chocolate dessert were excellent. Nice dining experience but won't hurry back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful presentationsBetsy02128Dined on 8/14/2014Everything was just one beautiful presentation after another. I was intimated by the menu. It seemed overwhelming. But in actuality it was perfect and the portions just right. The dishes were an adventure in wonderful combinations of ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousHadrienDined on 8/12/2014A taste of France in fresh New England ! The food is delicious and the service is at its best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014Though a little stately for my place, for service and food Menton was one of the best dining experiences I've had ( the word 'experience' being very intentional here).Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/3/2014best part was the outstanding service....attentive but not obtrusive. Food was excellent, but in a city with so many outstanding restaurants, did not stand out. Twenty years ago, a restaurant of this quality would have me going back multiple times a year. Outstanding wine list. They are very knowledgable about it, and are willing to discuss choices without being condescending about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in Boston.CatherineDined on 8/3/2014From the moment you enter the restaurant, you recognize that you are in for a very special evening! The service is thoughtful and impeccable. Every morsel of food was beautifully plated and incredibly delicious. I only wish that I could go back more often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/3/2014Looking for a memorable place for great food, service, atmosphere? Look no further than Menton. Every dish was memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasting menususuDined on 8/1/2014This restaurant is expensive but it is worth every penny. The tasting menu will fill you up, quick. My advice is to alternate with meat dishes and some vegetarian dishes to give you stomach a chance. Great place to go if you are celebrating something; very romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth MENTiONingsayThatAGAINVIPDined on 8/1/2014Outstanding evening! Impeccable attention to detail in decor, flavors, presentation, service, portions, and the menu. Even the water pitchers were lovely to look at and use, and the butter was a better butter. Every dish was excellent so choose what you desire.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely FantasticMarlsDined on 7/29/2014We were there for a friend's birthday and the service and food were impeccable. She has many allergies that are hard to keep track of, but all of the food prepared for both of us reflected that. Service was friendly and never rushed. Food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 997 reviews are from the Menton reviews archive.
- Impeccable serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014Such a pleasure to quietly dine at Menton! The service was friendly and not overly intrusive. The server who detailed the types of cheeses was knowledgable and upbeat and added a nice note to the end of the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!CtlevDined on 7/23/2014I enjoyed everything at the Resturant but the food. Let me explain the ambience and the
- PixieDined on 7/22/2014All I can say was this was a meal of a lifetime and every aspect was just PERFECT Service was excellent I would highly recommend itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleased.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014Excellent all the way around. I couldn't recommend Menton any higher. A pinnacle of fine cuisine. Thank you.Special Features:
- Excellent, every biteluv2dineDined on 7/19/2014Menton was fantastic. We had a large party (9), with a lot of special needs (1 vegetarian, 1 dairy intolerant, 1 can only sip clear broth!). Against their 'rules' they let us split the table between the price fixe (5 of us) and the tasting menu (3 of us). Now, the first few (4?) dishes of the tasting menu are bite sized tickles. Instead of bringing just the three for the people who ordered tasting, they brought eight. This included special different bites for the vegetarian and the no dairy eaters, who had ordered price fixe. This was generous, perfect and so right for our meal. They warned us that the two menus flow very differently and the tasting menu ended up being a 4 1/2 hr meal. It got long but every bite was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantWestboroughDined on 7/17/2014Great restaurant. Expections were high. Food was a little under expectation and very good none the less. The service was 1st class and well above expectation. Definitely recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful and delicious meal!AussietouristDined on 7/15/2014We enjoyed the thoughtfully put together menu and amazing 'bible' of a wine list. The service was perfect - friendly and attentive without being intrusive, and we were delighted to be invited on a kitchen tour afterwards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sucess in High Expectations!ATD771460Dined on 7/12/2014I had never been to Menton so my mind was completely open! It was truly such a fun, exquisite, different, excellent cuisine evening with a group of women who thoroughly enjoyed themselves. The service was more than outstanding. It is definitely a place where you feel special. I actually look forward to the next time...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbKatietDined on 7/11/2014We truly enjoyed our dining experience at Menton. My husband and I both had the Chef's Tasting menu. My husband had the wine pairings whereas I chose to have our server make several pairings for me through the meal. This was the right decision as the wine pairings for every course would have been too much for me. Overall memorable experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- top notchFloridaConnoisseurDined on 7/11/2014The meal was outstanding, the service great, can not go wrong!Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/11/2014The food presentation and ambiance was beautiful However, several food items were questionable tasting at best. One of my dishes was heavily over salted. My husband received a breaded pork that was dry. Our waiter was very friendly and professional. However, we were looking at reds in the Burgundy section of the wine list. He redirected us to another section of their (incredibly impressive and extensive) wine list to share one of his favorite producers. We ordered that trusting his opinion only to find that the wine was a White Burgundy. We expressed our shock and in my opinion he should have given us an option to send it back at the time that the event occurred. All told, I am left wondering how Menton receives so much acclaim.
- Best in BostonSGPBVIPDined on 7/10/2014What a wonderful experience. From the greeting at the door to the time we left, we were made to feel extra special and treated like royalty. They knew we were celebrating our recent wedding and started with complimentary champagne. The chef's tasting had everything from fois gras to rabbit and desserts to die for. Food was fired at the proper pace and was the best experience we had in Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delectable melange of tastesSeaportFoodieDined on 7/6/2014The 8 course chef's tasting menu is divine and includes a number of amuse bouches that make you pause and savor the unique flavor combinations and varied textures as they pass over your tongue. Washed down with fabulously paired wines, this birthday dinner was the perfect celebration. Servers were attentive to every need and discrete, but all able to tell us about the dishes served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionMichaelSVIPDined on 7/2/2014An amazing meal in a beautiful setting with an exquisite staff. We had the 4-course prix fixe menu. Each dish was an intriguing blend of color, texture and flavor. All the ingredients were fresh, expertly prepared and served in stylish dishes appropriate to the contents. The staff was careful, informed and unobtrusive while friendly and helpful. This is one of the best meals we have had in Boston in a long time.Special Features:
- DisappointedEpicurianMontrealerDined on 6/28/2014We took the chef's tasting because we wanted to be surprised... Be careful what you wish for, they say... The meal descriptions were always spectacular... but the taste was as ordinary as it gets. Also, they had the bad idea of serving different plates to each of us most of the time. As a result, my fiancee ended up looking at my lobster with envious eyes (even if it tasted only good, at best), while she was suffering through a white tasteless fish. Overall a very ordinary restaurant with extraordinary high prices: we've had way better meals in Boston for less than half that price. You have to like the old fashioned service style, since there is no compromise on that matter here.Special Features:
- Perfect!JohnDined on 6/26/2014Menton performs flawlessly in every way. Superb and interesting food, although some may not prefer the small portions as we do. Good choices in the prix fixe menu. Quiet, elegant ambiance. Impeccable, but not obtrusive service. Nice people.Special Features:
- Phenomenal.SLesqDined on 6/26/2014I recently dined at Menton with two others. We chose the chef's tasting with wine pairings. I am a vegetarian and therefore often overlooked by upscale restaurants who make animal protein and seafood the star of every dish. I was not overlooked during this meal. Each dish visually stunning, with flavors that danced on the palate. The service was outstanding, not too intrusive despite what seemed like endless courses. Absolutely superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best. meal. ever.eweeezyDined on 6/24/2014Got the chef's tasting with wine pairings. We are not super adventurous, so it was an absolutely amazing experience. Everything was perfectly cooked, and so well presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZINGlrcoVIPDined on 6/24/2014Our evening was beyond memorable for us. Thank you to the restaurant. If you have the chance run to this restaurant for a night you'll never forget. The staff is beyond knowledgeable, thoughtful and the food amazing.Special Features:
- impeccable across the boardMoseyVIPDined on 6/22/2014Excellent marriage of ingredients. Very innovative cuisine. Service over the top and friendly.Special Features:
- Worth the priceLincolnVIPDined on 6/22/2014The food was fantastic and the service was wonderful. We went for the full Chef's Tasting menu and we split a wine pairing between two people (a very good choice). The total was almost $600 including the tip, and we're trying to figure out how we can go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible!ToppCKreteDined on 6/21/2014We had an awesome visit and loved the tasting menu. Was the perfect way to spend an evening with friends and enjoy an incredible mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.