323 Kennett Pike
Rte 52 South
Mendenhall, PA 19357Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mendenhallinn.com/
- Phone: 6103881181x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm;
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm;
December 1st - 23rd (only): Monday - Saturday 11:30am - 3:00pm
(Closed for Lunch January - November)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: David Chapin
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Mendenhall Catering
- Private Party Facilities: From an intimate dinner for 12 to a function of 300, The Mendenhall Inn's professional Sales team will guide you in creating a once in a lifetime event with award-winning entrees & impeccable service.
- Private Party Contact: Sales Office 8889864184
- Entertainment: Please visit us at www.mendenhallinn.com
- Special Events: Please visit us at www.mendenhallinn.com
A word from Mendenhall Inn
Dining at the award winning Mendenhall Inn stands alone as one of the great destinations in the Brandywine Valley as you return to a time of classic elegance & charm. Entrees borrowed from French & classic American cuisine make dining at The Mendenhall Inn a truly memorable experience.Continued
Chef's creative daily specials!
Theme night menus and special prices!
Happy Hour and Tavern Menu Specials Monday - Friday nights!
Outside Dinner (Seasonal)
Chef's creative daily specials!
Theme night menus and special prices!
Happy Hour and Tavern Menu Specials Monday - Friday nights!
Outside Dinner (Seasonal)
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Mendenhall Inn - Best Restaurants in Mendenhall ›
Mendenhall Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (70)romantic (42)great for brunch (35)good for groups (22)fit for foodies (21)neighborhood gem (17)great for outdoor dining (9)great for lunch (7)notable wine list (7)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (3)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Always enjoyable!TinkDined on 8/26/2014We came for the "Be your own chef" (Tuesday evenings). Good welcome, nice table affable wait staff. (Jamie). My husband ordered stuffed mushrooms with crabmeat and also scallops. These came with green beans and garlic mashed potatoes. All very tasty. I ordered the portabello mushrooms with balsamic vinegar (thought I was ordering mushrooms stuffed with crabmeat...my error) and the cab cake. The crab cake was terrific! Will be back!Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchanniedaveDined on 8/24/2014Lovely ambience, outstanding appetizer buffet, beautifully presented, delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tough DecisionsjmarieDined on 8/22/2014Our party of four was unanimous in that we need to return to try more of the menu selections. So many sounded appealing! We each enjoyed the dishes we chose and wound up sharing in order to sample more. The calamari was the best we have had anywhere. It's hard to say what the favorite entrée turned out to be but we all enjoyed the special tableside preparation of Irish coffee as we shared dessert. We have decided emphatically that we must return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AngelVIPDined on 8/21/2014This is what fine-dining used to be. As soon as we walked in the door we felt welcome and relaxed. The food is still delicious, prepared and served to perfection. This is one of our favorites. We shall return. Thank you.Special Features:
- surf 'n turf dinnerdoublejDined on 8/14/2014Lovely table, good service. We went for the Thursday special surf 'n turf. Lobster tail delicious, veggies good, prime rib chewy. Brought our own wine - they provide cooler and no corking fee during the week. Will go back and try other special nights.Special Features:
- BYOB confusiondickDined on 8/13/2014Our party of seven for dinner was on a Wednesday night in August (there was a relative small quiet dinner crowd). I decided on this restaurant because of its central location to our guests. I also liked their "Theme Nite" because it offered a BYOB for a couple, but the entrée was limited to one or two dishes. Two of us decided on the "Theme Nite" entrée and I had brought one bottle for our BYOB. The other five guests ordered from the menu. Because these five did not order a "Theme Nite" entrée, I assumed they did not qualify for the BYOB. I later learned from the waiter that I could have brought three and1/2 bottles of wine, even though the other five guests did not order the "Theme Nite" entrée.Special Features:
- JillianG2015Dined on 8/12/2014We went out for my grandmothers 85th birthday. We have a great time and our server was amazing! The only thing I would've changed is how long it was to get our food. People who ordered soups were finished well before the people who ordered salads. Other than how long it took to get our food, it was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experiencededelDined on 8/11/2014Everything from the steak to the lobster to the dessert was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- At the Mendenhall InnAnniversaryCelebrantDined on 7/26/2014Service was prompt, courteous, and efficient, without being rushed. The food was cooked to perfection. The filet was tender and well seasoned. The crab cake I ordered was among the best I've ever had (and I am from the Chesapeake Bay country). Overall, our evening at the Mendenhall Inn was a pleasant one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old faithfulmjspausaDined on 7/22/2014The Mendenhall has been around for many years, and we have found it to be consistently reliable. We just had dinner there with out of town guests and we were all very pleased with our meals and the service.Special Features:
- Special EveningNightMareDined on 7/17/2014This dinner made our first wedding Anniversary extremely special. Our waiter, Andy, was amazing and helped make it a wonderful experience. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScottDined on 7/6/2014Phenominal brunch. No weak points. Food was superior. Our server was so-so, not the friendliest sort, but got the job done. Beutiful location.Special Features:
- Another Great BrunchVanntasticVIPDined on 7/6/2014This was our second brunch here. Service started off a little rocky but once we were able to have our previous server, it was smooth sailing. Ashlee is very pleasant and attentive. She made our brunch a great experience. The crabcake was delicious again. Best champagne brunch around!Special Features:
- A wonderful dinner...KathleenDined on 7/1/2014We had a nice dining experience. All the staff was very friendly. Our server was very attentive. Dinner was delicious...notably my husband's Filet Mignon. I had the special...flounder with crab imperial. It was very good...but not as flavorful as I expected. Excellent red blend wine, Sterling Vintners...so glad they offer 5 oz or 8 oz pours. Wished we'd had time for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Sea Bass!TinkDined on 6/25/2014Our salads and entrees were all excellent. We ordered a bottle of white wine and it was presented at room temperature! We had already had it poured but did ask for a wine cooler for the remainder. This was disappointing.....Special Features:
- L. RiveraLennyDined on 6/23/2014Our Server, Billy, was very friendly and attentive. He did an excellent job. My sea bass was delicious.Special Features:
- Best brunch aroundL1saDined on 6/22/2014We try to always gather here for birthday brunches. The food never disappoints and the staff are very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed BagExperiencedDinerDined on 6/19/2014The food was very good, although not exceptional, for the price. The waiter had a good attitude and was eager to please, but seemed overwhelmed with the number of tables he was covering and there were some major service delays: time to get our glasses of wine (10+ minutes) and especially time to get the check, which involved two mix-ups and probably 20 minutes to resolve. We were aware of other tables around us that simultaneously had similar issues. The dining showed some unsightly deferred renovation/maintenance, particularly on the ceiling, with apparent patches--not what I expect in a higher-end restaurant. They offer wines by the glass but don't have them listed for some reason--maybe so you are encouraged to order bottles instead.
- Everything good but the foodGeorgeDined on 6/19/2014Service was outstanding in every respect. Server was very attentive, polite and caring. Could not have been better. The ambience was very good, quiet, well decorated, and pleasant to ear and eye. On the other hand, the food was poor. We had the surf and turf with lobster and roast beef which was the theme night special. The meats were poor quality and appeared to be left overs. The mashed potatoes were most likely from a box. The green beans were the bright spot of the meal. Now, this is not a bargain restaurant and for expensive meals, we expected much better food than we were served. We will not be returning to this restaurant because there are many other better choices in the area.
- Wonderful Celebration LocationTerryDined on 6/15/2014For the 2nd consecutive year my husband and I enjoyed celebrating Father's Day with our children at Mendenhall Inn. This second experience was better than our first.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MermaidDined on 6/15/2014Wondetful experience. Staff and food outstanding. Beautiful Father's Day brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very PleasedSpikesterDined on 6/14/2014Food was outstanding. Price is considered to be reasonable for what is offered. Extremely large menu to choose your favorite seafood or meat selection. Presentation was outstanding. Service was average. Would return.Special Features:
- PerfectMikeVIPDined on 6/14/2014I have not seen a restaurant with this level of service in a long time, from entry to exit, fantastic. We felt as if we were on a cruise or vacation at a much better price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExpensiveYummyDined on 6/1/2014A cup of coffee was $3.50. That was for aregular cup of coffee. If you wanted a specialty coffee it was$10.00. The menu was nothing special. Food quality was fair.
- A very memorable eventLOVECHADDSFORDDined on 5/31/2014We had a romantic dinner for two. It was a special occasion and I could not think of a happier place and time to celebrate with dinner. Everything was delicious and the service was supreme. It was a formal dinner, and it was amazing. Thank youSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014The Mendenhall Inn restaurant was exceptional. As a guest in the Inn, obviously the proximity to our accommodations was most convenient. The ambiance was delightful, old world charm yet with all the modern amenities. Our meal was superbly prepared, presented and was most pleasing to our palate. A vast menu provided something for everyone and the specials offered throughout the week presented a nice alternative. We enjoyed our experience very much and would highly recommend your restaurant. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistently goodJhw1225Dined on 5/30/2014Food was great and so was service. Parking was a challenge. Used to have valet parking and there wasn't any this time. When other events are simultaneously going on, they need to somehow improve the parking situation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-anniversary DinnerHeatherDined on 5/30/2014We dined here for our pre-wedding/pre-anniversary dinner on May 30, and we loved every minute of our experience. We wanted to see how the food was since we booked our wedding there. From the service, to the food, everything was exceptional. I had the chilean sea bass shrimp scampi and my fiance had the prime rib. Couldn't have asked for a better meal. I took 1/2 of my meal home and then we had the peanut butter bombe. Half of that came home with me too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good experienceGregDined on 5/24/2014My wife and I have been to the Mendenhall on many occasions. It's always a great experience. The meals were very well prepared and tasted great. The service was impeccable as usual. We look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Traditional AmericanRatherBeMountainBikingDined on 5/24/2014My wife and I had a very nice, romantic anniversary dinner. The restaurant had a very traditional, American menu. We're in her 50s and there were only a few people younger than us there. We normally don't order dessert, but were intrigued by the flame bananas Foster. It was lots of fun.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/20/2014Our first evening at the Mendenhall in a long time. The food and service were excellent. Wine selections were very good and quite reasonable in price. We'll be back for some of the special evenings and offerings in the coming weeks. The snapper soup and duck are outstanding! You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A classic experienceDanHDined on 5/19/2014We were there on a Monday evening so they were not very busy. We had a chance to chat with our server, who was very engaging. Mendenhall Inn has a comfortable, homey ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal! We'll be back!!JoanDined on 5/17/2014Four of us thoroughly enjoyed our meals! The food was excellent - served hot & delicious - beautiful presentations. The wait staff was attentive & helpful. Very reasonable prices!! Our friends had never been there before - they loved it!! A beautiful location & charming dining rooms. A great place for a small party - you'd get your own dining room!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely deliciousEyesbblueDined on 5/12/2014My friend and I were promptly seated for our reservation but not surprising as it was a Monday night and not very busy. Our food was delicious. The seafood appetizer for two was great with one of the best crab cakes I've ever tasted. The clams casino, fried calamari and grilled shrimp were also good. We split the sea bass risotto entree (had to after such a large appetizer). So why didn't I rate this 5 stars - a couple comments from our server just didn't sit well with me and we were told that they'd have to charge us extra to split the fish for us so they brought us a second plate and we had to do it ourselves which was messy, difficult to divide without proper utensils and irritating since our meal was over $100.Special Features:
- Special NightCUATTHETABLEDined on 5/11/2014My wife and I never expected such a wide variety of foods that were most tasty! We enjoyed our night there and will certainly come back in the future. I could not have asked for a better place to take my wife for her special day!! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothersday buffet dinnerAvidfoodieDined on 5/11/2014Food was very good. Very noisy. Poor table and bar service. The wait staff seemed exhausted by the 5 pm dinner sitting and they were not afraid to show it. The food was also not replenished at the buffet table very often so everything always looked "picked over". Not the best buffet we have ever been to and due to lack of table side service we shall not return. If 20% tip was not forcefully included we would not have tipped at all!
- Excellent brunchWindycindyDined on 5/11/2014Mother's Day brunch was fantastic! We also enjoy the Mendenhall Inn for dinner. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014We paid $90 for 2 fir brunch. The service was awful. After tracking down a manager a server told us to go to the Bar for our own drink. My wife did get coffee for service which was cold. Food was ok
- vballrefDined on 5/11/2014We went for the Mother's Day Brunch. It was excellent. It was very crowded. They kept things moving, but were not pushy. We had a 7-year-old with us and there were other children there. They were welcomed and treated special as were all the quests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimersSatisfiedDined on 5/11/2014This was our family’s first time dinning at the Mendenhall Inn. It was FANTASTIC! We were there for the Mother’s Day Brunch and I can tell you that they helped me hit it out of the park as far as my mother was concerned. She was thrilled, my husband was stuffed, and my two year old daughter was easily able to find food she loved as well. We will defiantly be back!Special Features: