323 Kennett Pike
Rte 52 South
Mendenhall, PA 19357Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mendenhallinn.com/
- Phone: 6103881181x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm;
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm;
December 1st - 23rd (only): Monday - Saturday 11:30am - 3:00pm
(Closed for Lunch January - November)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: David Chapin
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Mendenhall Catering
- Private Party Facilities: From an intimate dinner for 12 to a function of 300, The Mendenhall Inn's professional Sales team will guide you in creating a once in a lifetime event with award-winning entrees & impeccable service.
- Private Party Contact: Sales Office 8889864184
- Entertainment: Please visit us at www.mendenhallinn.com
- Special Events: Please visit us at www.mendenhallinn.com
A word from Mendenhall Inn
Dining at the award winning Mendenhall Inn stands alone as one of the great destinations in the Brandywine Valley as you return to a time of classic elegance & charm. Entrees borrowed from French & classic American cuisine make dining at The Mendenhall Inn a truly memorable experience.Continued
Chef's creative daily specials!
Theme night menus and special prices!
Happy Hour and Tavern Menu Specials Monday - Friday nights!
Outside Dinner (Seasonal)
Chef's creative daily specials!
Theme night menus and special prices!
Happy Hour and Tavern Menu Specials Monday - Friday nights!
Outside Dinner (Seasonal)
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Mendenhall Inn - Best Restaurants in Mendenhall ›
Mendenhall Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (61)romantic (41)great for brunch (35)fit for foodies (21)neighborhood gem (20)good for groups (16)great for outdoor dining (7)notable wine list (6)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great RestaurantDelguyDined on 10/18/2014My fiancée and i thoroughly enjoyed our experience. We both had oysters on the half-shell for appetizers, and her duck and my Red Snapper were served hot and tasted exactly as we expected. Although the restaurant was completely full our hostess took us to our table on-time and our waitress was knowledgeable and attentive but a little distracted by the large table next to us. It was a bit noisy but not overpowering. We both highly recommend the Mendenhall Inn, and it will be the perfect restaurant if they institute a dress code. Most of us were in suites and dresses, but there were a few patrons in jeans.Special Features:
- Glad we came with a couponRevMomDined on 10/17/2014While the food and service were very good, the prices are on the extravagant side. Wine was also expensive considering the labels they had, mostly all of them familiar. Best bet is to bring your own and pay the corkage fee. Center cut filet mignon was super tender and the half-duck with Thai sauce was yummy. Making reservations on OpenTable made it very easy and the restaurant gave my husband and I a nice nook to dine in on our date night.Special Features:
- Wonderful!windyDined on 10/16/2014It's been a few years, but glad we returned. Lovely dinning room and table setting. I had filet with crab imperial, it was great. My husband had surf and turf, and didn't feel it was the best he'd ever had, but was good.Special Features:
- Anniversary BrunchGregDined on 10/12/2014I had been to Mendenhall Inn for many years. My wife and I recently went for Sunday Brunch to celebrate our anniversary. The food selection for both the buffet and ordered entrees was fantastic. Everything was delicious and our server, Patrick was very professional. We will definitely visit the Mendenhall Inn more frequently now.Special Features:
- Great eveningDebbieDined on 10/10/2014All four of us enjoyed everythinging we ordered. Did not feel rushed. Loved the idea of the daily "specials", we will return to do them!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/5/2014Still the best Sunday brunch we have found in over 10 years. The menu has been updated and the quality and presentation of the entrees are still superb. A great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely BrunchGobegeeDined on 10/5/2014We came here for brunch for my girlfriend's birthday. Everything was impeccable. The staff was very helpful and knowledgeable and the food was expertly prepared. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- BunnyDined on 10/4/2014Parking is difficult. They have several events going on at the same time, especially on Saturday nights. It would be helpful if they had valet parking for the restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good placegreatdinerDined on 9/27/2014Overall a very decent place. Its little pricey though so its only for for special occasions :). Ambiance in my opinion was little too dark and old fashioned but again this place is in north wilmington (where typical rich ppl go) so i guess thats how they like it. I am not a foodie person but i liked what i ordered (Chef special - lobster tail). Serving size was adequate. We ordered a bottle of wine and my girlfriend ordered stake which she liked very much. For dessert we ordered Banana foster (my girlfriends fav of course). I really liked the table side flambé part. It was very cool!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelicioussuefrVIPDined on 9/27/2014This was our first visit and we were absolutely thrilled--the food was delicious and the atmosphere quiet and cozy. The only suggestion would be that the lighting was quite dim made it a bit hard to read the menues. Two of us had the prime rib and lobster tail specials and the other two had crab cakes. There was no problem substituting the starch offered for another one which is always appreciated. Our waitress was very good and we will be back!Special Features:
- Do not order vegetarian platterweaverVIPDined on 9/22/2014My husband ordered the filet and was pleased. I ordered the vegetarian platter and was not pleased. The advertised roasted vegetables tasted steamed. The variety of vegetables was mundane. The raviolis were gray in color. The sauce was overly spiced. And presentation was not eye pleasing.
- Delicious LobsterjmarieDined on 9/17/2014We specifically went for lobster night because the friend who accompanied my husband and myself loves lobster. She was very happy with the two delicious tails as were we. Salads were crisp and fresh. Bananas foster and peach melba were definitely special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchFoodandNistaVIPDined on 9/14/2014The Mendenhall has always been our go to place. Especially when we want to relax and enjoy our meal. Brunch is always good and in general the food is good. We arrived for a 12:30pm reservation knowing they close their Brunch at 2pm. Unfortunately, because of that (perhaps) there was virtually no desserts available except a few that had been obviously picked over. When we first went to the buffet tables all of the smoked fish was gone. Just bones left. They were never replaced. We will still continue to go to the Mendenhall but perhaps re-think the time we arrive.Special Features:
- ClaymontDinerDined on 9/13/2014When you enter the Inn, many scented candles create a wonderful atmosphere. The food is very good, with a great selection. The lobster tail was done perfectly and the filet was also excellent. Our only wish was we had room for dessert, the banana's foster looked great, but we were full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/13/2014We used to love this place. It was very different this time. From how we were greeted to the service, to the meal itself, it was mediocre.I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as alwaysBillDined on 9/9/2014The food is excellent and the service matches. You can't have a bad meal at the Mendenhall Inn. It's always enjoyable to visit this great restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/3/2014I took a client and my staff for dinner at the Mendenhall Inn on Lobster Night. We started the evening with a variety of appetizers: snapper soup, clams casino, Long Island oysters. All were excellent. Most of our table ordered the rock lobster tail which was cooked to perfection. The salmon, crab cakes, filet and duck were top shelf as well. The wine list, though not extensive, offered enough of a range of wines and prices to choose nice selections for pairing with our meals. Tasty desserts capped off the evening: Strawberries Mendenhall and the Lava Volcano Cake were our favorites. Service slowed a bit after dinner and it took a while to close out our bill but our expereince at the Mendenhall Inn was an excellent one.Special Features:
- Great surprise .OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014My wife and I had not been thee for several years so we thought we would give it a try over Labor Day weekend. Are we glad we did. The wine by the bottle is very reasonable. The calamari appatizer was great and the crab cake dinner excellent. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoyable!TinkDined on 8/26/2014We came for the "Be your own chef" (Tuesday evenings). Good welcome, nice table affable wait staff. (Jamie). My husband ordered stuffed mushrooms with crabmeat and also scallops. These came with green beans and garlic mashed potatoes. All very tasty. I ordered the portabello mushrooms with balsamic vinegar (thought I was ordering mushrooms stuffed with crabmeat...my error) and the cab cake. The crab cake was terrific! Will be back!Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchanniedaveDined on 8/24/2014Lovely ambience, outstanding appetizer buffet, beautifully presented, delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tough DecisionsjmarieDined on 8/22/2014Our party of four was unanimous in that we need to return to try more of the menu selections. So many sounded appealing! We each enjoyed the dishes we chose and wound up sharing in order to sample more. The calamari was the best we have had anywhere. It's hard to say what the favorite entrée turned out to be but we all enjoyed the special tableside preparation of Irish coffee as we shared dessert. We have decided emphatically that we must return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AngelVIPDined on 8/21/2014This is what fine-dining used to be. As soon as we walked in the door we felt welcome and relaxed. The food is still delicious, prepared and served to perfection. This is one of our favorites. We shall return. Thank you.Special Features:
- surf 'n turf dinnerdoublejDined on 8/14/2014Lovely table, good service. We went for the Thursday special surf 'n turf. Lobster tail delicious, veggies good, prime rib chewy. Brought our own wine - they provide cooler and no corking fee during the week. Will go back and try other special nights.Special Features:
- BYOB confusiondickDined on 8/13/2014Our party of seven for dinner was on a Wednesday night in August (there was a relative small quiet dinner crowd). I decided on this restaurant because of its central location to our guests. I also liked their "Theme Nite" because it offered a BYOB for a couple, but the entrée was limited to one or two dishes. Two of us decided on the "Theme Nite" entrée and I had brought one bottle for our BYOB. The other five guests ordered from the menu. Because these five did not order a "Theme Nite" entrée, I assumed they did not qualify for the BYOB. I later learned from the waiter that I could have brought three and1/2 bottles of wine, even though the other five guests did not order the "Theme Nite" entrée.Special Features:
- JillianG2015Dined on 8/12/2014We went out for my grandmothers 85th birthday. We have a great time and our server was amazing! The only thing I would've changed is how long it was to get our food. People who ordered soups were finished well before the people who ordered salads. Other than how long it took to get our food, it was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experiencededelDined on 8/11/2014Everything from the steak to the lobster to the dessert was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- At the Mendenhall InnAnniversaryCelebrantDined on 7/26/2014Service was prompt, courteous, and efficient, without being rushed. The food was cooked to perfection. The filet was tender and well seasoned. The crab cake I ordered was among the best I've ever had (and I am from the Chesapeake Bay country). Overall, our evening at the Mendenhall Inn was a pleasant one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old faithfulmjspausaDined on 7/22/2014The Mendenhall has been around for many years, and we have found it to be consistently reliable. We just had dinner there with out of town guests and we were all very pleased with our meals and the service.Special Features:
- Special EveningNightMareDined on 7/17/2014This dinner made our first wedding Anniversary extremely special. Our waiter, Andy, was amazing and helped make it a wonderful experience. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScottDined on 7/6/2014Phenominal brunch. No weak points. Food was superior. Our server was so-so, not the friendliest sort, but got the job done. Beutiful location.Special Features:
- Another Great BrunchVanntasticVIPDined on 7/6/2014This was our second brunch here. Service started off a little rocky but once we were able to have our previous server, it was smooth sailing. Ashlee is very pleasant and attentive. She made our brunch a great experience. The crabcake was delicious again. Best champagne brunch around!Special Features:
- A wonderful dinner...KathleenDined on 7/1/2014We had a nice dining experience. All the staff was very friendly. Our server was very attentive. Dinner was delicious...notably my husband's Filet Mignon. I had the special...flounder with crab imperial. It was very good...but not as flavorful as I expected. Excellent red blend wine, Sterling Vintners...so glad they offer 5 oz or 8 oz pours. Wished we'd had time for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 970 reviews are from the Mendenhall Inn reviews archive.
- Excellent Sea Bass!TinkDined on 6/25/2014Our salads and entrees were all excellent. We ordered a bottle of white wine and it was presented at room temperature! We had already had it poured but did ask for a wine cooler for the remainder. This was disappointing.....Special Features:
- L. RiveraLennyDined on 6/23/2014Our Server, Billy, was very friendly and attentive. He did an excellent job. My sea bass was delicious.Special Features:
- Best brunch aroundL1saDined on 6/22/2014We try to always gather here for birthday brunches. The food never disappoints and the staff are very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed BagExperiencedDinerDined on 6/19/2014The food was very good, although not exceptional, for the price. The waiter had a good attitude and was eager to please, but seemed overwhelmed with the number of tables he was covering and there were some major service delays: time to get our glasses of wine (10+ minutes) and especially time to get the check, which involved two mix-ups and probably 20 minutes to resolve. We were aware of other tables around us that simultaneously had similar issues. The dining showed some unsightly deferred renovation/maintenance, particularly on the ceiling, with apparent patches--not what I expect in a higher-end restaurant. They offer wines by the glass but don't have them listed for some reason--maybe so you are encouraged to order bottles instead.
- Everything good but the foodGeorgeDined on 6/19/2014Service was outstanding in every respect. Server was very attentive, polite and caring. Could not have been better. The ambience was very good, quiet, well decorated, and pleasant to ear and eye. On the other hand, the food was poor. We had the surf and turf with lobster and roast beef which was the theme night special. The meats were poor quality and appeared to be left overs. The mashed potatoes were most likely from a box. The green beans were the bright spot of the meal. Now, this is not a bargain restaurant and for expensive meals, we expected much better food than we were served. We will not be returning to this restaurant because there are many other better choices in the area.
- Wonderful Celebration LocationTerryDined on 6/15/2014For the 2nd consecutive year my husband and I enjoyed celebrating Father's Day with our children at Mendenhall Inn. This second experience was better than our first.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MermaidDined on 6/15/2014Wondetful experience. Staff and food outstanding. Beautiful Father's Day brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very PleasedSpikesterDined on 6/14/2014Food was outstanding. Price is considered to be reasonable for what is offered. Extremely large menu to choose your favorite seafood or meat selection. Presentation was outstanding. Service was average. Would return.Special Features: