Menara Moroccan Restaurant
41 East Gish Rd.
San Jose, CA 95112Neighborhood:
MoroccanPrice: $30 and under
Menara Moroccan Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.menara41.com/
- Phone: 4084531983
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Moroccan
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Catering: Moroccan food from 25 to 500 guests at any location.
- Private Party Facilities: perfect place for Corporate events,holiday Party,wedding,birthdays & private party from 25-300 guests. Belly Dancing,Full bar,extensive wine menu & custom dinner menu available.
- Private Party Contact: Bob 4084531983
- Entertainment: Belly dancing nightly.
A word from Menara Moroccan Restaurant
Menara Moroccan Restaurant has been serving the Bay area for 30 years. An award winning menu and belly dancing makes this a premier dining place in San Jose. Near the junction of 101 and 880 Freeway at the 1st Street exit and Gish Road Station, Menara Moroccan Restaurant is conveniently located near major hotels, the convention center and airport. Romance, fantasy, fun. Have your own little Casablanca today.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Menara Moroccan Restaurant - Best Restaurants in San Jose ›
Menara Moroccan Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (13)romantic (11)special occasion (11)fit for foodies (5)neighborhood gem (3)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Fun Place, Good FoodwallysliderVIPDined on 8/22/2014The dancers were superb; the food was very good. Service was delightful. Do give yourself a couple of hours to enjoy this wonderful experience.
- Experience to RememberUginabDined on 8/15/2014Like always they came through. Waiters and Waitresses were very attentive. The food was great like always. Hadn't been there in a long time but it was just as good as before. Enjoyed the entertainment. Our guessed were impressed had never experienced anything like it. Were glad we chose this place to entertain them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time in a Long TimeMikNCorDined on 8/15/2014I went here for my 13th Birthday and Retuned 29 years later for my 19th Anniversary. I enjoyed it as much then as I did now and don't know why it was so long since I had returned. I won't be making that mistake again! Loved the food and the romantic feel.Special Features:
- Dinner and a showSpongeDined on 8/11/2014Staff were remarkably patient and understanding. You eat their way, with your hands and bread, from communal serving platters. The tables are low, big cushions on the ground are the way to go. We went on a weeknight, the place was pretty much empty, so very quiet. Then the show started promptly at 8pm. The dancing was entertaining, the guys in the group were enthralled. Did not expect the dancer to encourage diners to join her, but it was good and quite memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food as alwaysDLeePDined on 8/10/2014I have been here many times and loved the food/ambience. I have not ever seen it like it was this night with kids running around, jumping rope, climbing on the furniture (tables, pillows and sofas) so I changed my review from special occasion to kid-friendly and lowered the ambience/noise level ratings I almost thought I was at Chuck E Cheese.Special Features:
- Great for Birthdays!burnseysidesDined on 8/8/2014This place is great for birthdays and special occasions, but the food is fair and a bit overpriced. There is only one belly dancer; we thought there would be more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique experience in San Joseluv4foodDined on 7/26/2014We will definitely be back to Menara Moroccan. It was such a unique experience. The food was very good, solid, and the ambiance is outstanding. We are always on the look out for great restaurants in San Jose, which can be challenging after living in San Francisco for 10 years; that sets the bar pretty high. I believe that this place can hang with some of our favorite spots in San Francisco. It's a super fun night out with friends or a date night. I highly recommend the experience to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Middle Eastern food and fun!sfericDined on 7/15/2014A good variety of very tasty Middle Eastern food (fish, lamb, chicken, rabbit) and fun ambience with very talented & friendly belly dancers. Perfect place to take a group!Special Features:
- Great expirience!ADinerDined on 6/15/2014Highly recommend this restaurant for dinner and any special occasion. It is cozy, unique, has nice interior, interesting belly dancing performance (you can dance too)! The staff was very friendly and it was plenty of great food! Definitely recommend it for everybody! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun change of paceSteakofChoiceDined on 6/10/2014For the weary travelers. ..This is a fun change of pace and a dance show starts at 8pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a fun night!BabyRhinoVIPDined on 6/7/2014The food was fresh and delicious. The chicken and lamb were tender and the veggies over the couscous were spiced perfectly. I didn't care for the baklava because it was dryer than what I'm used to. Our servers were the perfect balance of professional and personable. The belly dancers were so much fun! One woman swirled these gorgeous wing things and another did all her moves while balancing a sword on her head. Both went out of their way to interact with the audience and hype up diners' special occasions. A word of advice...remember to stop by the ATM and get cash for the dancers. I recommend dining at 7 PM so you can enjoy dinner and conversation prior to the belly dancing at 8 PM.Special Features:
- The following 292 reviews are from the Menara Moroccan Restaurant reviews archive.
- Awesome food and a lot of funBrazilianGirlDined on 5/16/2014I'll be back to try a different foods. Friendly place and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun EveningDancingGirlsDined on 5/16/2014The hosts and servers were very friendly and considerate of separate checks for the group. The dancers were able to get the diners involved. The lamb kabobs were inedible (very fatty) and the chicken was left on the plates. I would stick with the vegetarian selections. Our group had a great evening and posted pictures while we were there. The other parties appeared to be having lots of fun, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FunGoodeatsDined on 4/17/2014A group of us women decided to try this hidden place and so glad we did. The food was delicious and the scenery was great inside. The drinks were fabulous. The waiters were very friendly. We would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moroccan Food ExperienceEnjoyeditverymuchDined on 4/12/2014Along with the delicious food, the romantic atmosphere, and very good service, the belly dancers are the best...energetic, sensual, entertaining. It was a whole experience that lasted through the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Fun and Always ConsistentJanieDined on 3/29/2014I have been coming to Menara's for over 20 years and it is always fun and always consistent. The food is authentic, tthe atmosphere fun, and it's great for a date night, girl's night, or just family funSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food- could uses good cleaningSallyDined on 3/29/2014Menara restaurant has some really neat elements that make it an overall fun experience. The food is good, and the Moroccan style of sittng on pillows on the carpeted floor makes for something fun, relaxing, and different from the usual restaurant setting. And eating with your fingers is so fun! The only big negative is a pretty big negative at that. The place is dirty! As in it smells dusty and if you simply look up at the upholstered ceiling (cloth draped ceiling) is is so easy to see built up dust, even though it is kept very dark inside. You can even smell the dusty, musty smell. What a shame they cannot do a little standard maintenance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have to give this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/29/2014I have to give this place a 4 stars is because the carpet is not very clean. It has an option of seating high or low to the ground. I prefer to the ground and notice there are alot of crumbs. Otherwise it is a very entertaining place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't come to Menara for foodGlobetrotterVIPDined on 3/28/2014Come for entertainment, and than you would not be disappointed. We came to Menara because the birthday 'boy' wanted to. He enjoyed belly dancers, the ambiance, and spending time with friends. None of the dishes was good. Wine was uninspired, too. Glad I did not have to pay. Would not be back unless it's a similar setup.Special Features:
- Awesome Morrocan!mamaweaverDined on 3/1/2014Great food, great entertainment. Menara Morrocan gives you an exotic night out. Be prepared for a family style meal eaten in th authentic manner (no silverware folks!). Great for a romantic night out, complete with live entertainment. The belly dancers are wonderful and happy to teach their art to guests. Definitely a must for the adventurer in you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real pleasant surprise -OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 2/27/2014A real pleasant surprise - this is the real thing. The Moroccan Cuisine is really quite good. Good bar, good service, great food - they even have a floor show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Valentines yet!DRufferDined on 2/14/2014This is a place that can certainly handle the crowds of Valentines Day. Fabulous entertainment and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place ever.ReviewdLDined on 2/14/2014A wonderful place. If you go in, sit with an open mind, there is no difficulty in leaping away from the busy busy world around you. This place is extremely relaxing and beautiful. Once inside and settled in, I wanted to stay the night, and no drink to party, but to eat, drink, relax and indulge on the occasion. Best party I've ever been to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful place to eatfoodloverDined on 1/31/2014Whether you go in a small or large group, this restaurant is great. The food is tasty and the entertainment is wonderful. Not only do you have a wonderful dining experience but also have fun. I definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very fun night out!lizzieDined on 1/31/2014I took my parents and girlfriend to Menara on a Friday night. The food was delicious and everyone was so friendly. We had a blast watching the belly dancers; we even got to belly dance a bit ourselves. I wasn't particularly fond of the Moroccan Mojito (too sweet for me), but the wine was reasonably priced and very good. Overall, a great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- She's hot!gregDined on 1/23/2014OMG, Christina, the belly dancer…..ohhh is she hot. If only i was 20 years younger-lol. The ambiance is incredible and very large. The food is incredible. The drinks at the bar are equally incredible. What else can i say…? If you're looking for a great evening with friends or your date, this is one really super fun spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- belly dancingbullwinkeDined on 12/21/2013the food cst $200.00 for 5 people with drinks. old restaurant, belly dancer came out one hour after we finished eating. we probably will not return. the food was delicious though. the honey lamb was butter tender.Special Features:
- Fantastic on all levelsHungry1Dined on 12/7/2013I have traveled the world and have experienced many great places to eat and entertain and Menara Moroccan is one of my favorite places. The food is excelent, service just right, attentive but not intrusive and the atmosphere is fun, romantice and energetic.Special Features:
- Romantic Ethic DinnerAndreaDined on 11/13/2013Menara was a great find. From the outside you cannot imagine what a nice place it is inside. A perfect Moroccan oasis; the ambience is great. It Looks like the inside of a luxurious tent. Sit of the floor, on some cushions or on a sofa if you prefer. Soft moroccan music in the background, and belly dancing show, everyday, around 8pm. Service is very discrete, takes pride in honoring the moroccan tradition, both in the costumes, and the way of serving. Food is really good as well, we had the fantasy dinner, portions are just right, I left feeling full and pleased. Price is appropriate for the whole experience which you get by dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something different (in a good way)nicknameDined on 11/2/2013When you see the entrance to the restaurant from the street you may feel disappointed. Simple Red door, no decorations, no hint to what is going on inside. But once you're in, you're in an Arabian night tale. The restaurant is decorated in an authentic Moroccan style with pillows on the floor to sit on (also "normal" seats if you prefer). The food is AMAZING! Although not the cheapest, but "you get what you pay for" works perfectly here. On Saturday night when we visited you also get to enjoy belly dancers show to compliment the Moroccan atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great find in San Jose!FoodieDined on 10/25/2013What a great find in San Jose! Something a little different. A wonderful ambiance and first date spot. It's an interactive place with belly dancers who make you get up and dance :) Overall, a great night! Definitely worth checking out!Special Features:
- Memorable... as alwaysRachelCarpenterDined on 10/19/2013I've been going since the 1980's and every time has made a wonderful memory for me and my guests! I do miss the male belly dancer as well as the young lady with the dagger tattoo on her belly, but I suppose everyone has to learn and should be given an opportunity to showcase their talent. I had to change my reservation time at the last minute and they were very accommodating. I also had two very picky eater children with me and they were kind enough not to charge me for them both (charged me for one person for the two of them). The kids had a grand time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful dining experienceromaniDined on 10/16/2013This place is a great place to go for a celebration. Highly recommend. Food and service are always A++ I took my sister for her birthday and she loved it. Her desert had "Happy Birthday" written on it. Very awesome place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!vrallsDined on 10/15/2013Different, but wonderful. The food was really great. The service good and I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Worst food that I ever ateSB1UNIONCITYDined on 10/4/2013The food was tasteless and not worth the money, but the belly dancers were entertaining .Special Features:
- The baklava was mediocre (aAahzVIPDined on 9/27/2013The baklava was mediocre (a bit stale, too dry, bland, and too small) -- kind of odd because the b'stilla is excellent. Everything else ranged from good to very good. Belly dancer was competent but lacking sparkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Student NightyumyumDined on 9/22/2013I was there for the "student night" belly dancing. When I went there once before I went with a large group of people and the food got all mixed up with whom it was suppose to go to and that made the food part not very pleasant; however more recently I was there with another friend and the food was very enjoyable so was the belly dancing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday nite at MenaraCherellisDined on 9/15/2013Sunday at Menara was low key until around 7:30 when a group of 15 women were seated. They were talkative and noisy, and did not show a great deal of respect for the belly dancer who was quite good. In the future, I wouldn't choose a Sunday evening at Menara. I think Saturday night would have been more fun, more vibrant in terms of the overall ambiance. The food is always tasty. I also think 6PM is too late for some of us for the earliest reservation. Perhaps 5:30 would be better, as those in our party of 4 cannot eat late without some degree of physical discomfort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Taste of the ExoticAdnamaDined on 8/25/2013My friend wanted to celebrate her birthday and wanted something entertaining so I looked on Yelp. Menara Moroccan Restaurant was hyped for the belly dancing show, which started at 8pm and lasted about 30 minutes. This was, of course, as impressive as we were hoping. The dancer was beaming a beautiful smile the entire time and had audience members learn the moves as she invited people up to dance beside her. There were a few kids there, including my friend's one year old. The staff was very friendly and understanding about our teething toddler. The food was well prepared and tasty. Guests have their hands washed before the meal and your courses appear one by one throughout the evening. The decor is lovely and culturally appropriate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly and funOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/25/2013Very good food, apparently quite authentic. Great service, and the belly dancer was very good. Surprisingly kid friendly, on a Sunday night. The belly dancer picked up the toddler at a neighboring table and did a sweet little dance with him.Special Features: