Memo's Mexican Cuisine
2118 Mt Diablo Street
Concord, CA 94520Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Memo's Mexican Cuisine
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://memoscuisine.com/
- Phone: 925-914-0395
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 1:30pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Adelio & Ivalina "father & daughter"
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: To check our catering options visit us at memoscuisine.com
Please contact us directly for any questions at 925-914-0395
We can also fix a menu that fits your needs like vegetarian, vegan or gluten free.
- Special Events: From birthdays, graduations, baby showers, engagements to retirements.
We at Memo's we'll make your party special and memorable.
A word from Memo's Mexican Cuisine
We are Adelio and Ivalina, the father-daughter team who own and operate Memo's; we are proud to be celebrating 10 years in business! We are passionate about the restaurant and are proud of the distinct and flavorful dishes we offer our customers. Our deep appreciation for exceptional quality in every thing we do is evident in every dish we create. We look forward to serving you for special events, holidays, and anytime you just feel like stopping in for a great dinner. Our food is made from the freshest ingredients purchased at the local farmers market and every dish is hand made from scratch. Using recipes that have been in our family for years, we are pleased to offer our customers Mexican food with a unique flair.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Memo's Mexican Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/25/2013We've read great reviews about this restaurant. While the food was good, the service was horrible. Not that everyone wasn't trying but they need more staff. We had reservations for 12:30 and didn't leave the restaurant until almost three. We waited nearly an hour to get our orders taken. When we were seated there were only three other couples in the restaurant. The owner was apologetic and warned us about a wait, but the long waits for everything went far beyond anything reasonable. They need to hire more help or cut down on the number of reservations they take.
- Great food. Especially lovedOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/3/2013Great food. Especially loved the burritos and sopas!Special Features:
- We went to celebrate a birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/19/2013We went to celebrate a birthday and really enjoyed our meal! Only downside is we were to full to try the desserts!Special Features:
- Best Homemade Mexican FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/16/2013Found out about this restaurant on "Check Please", a Bay area restaurant show. Since we live a ways away, it took us nearly a year to get to Memo's. The father and daughter who run this restaurant couldn't have been more gracious and the food was just exceptional, fresh and homemade - the best Mexican food I have had. We'll be back as soon as possible!Special Features:
- 3rd tripStu55Dined on 6/16/2013This was our 3rd visit to Memos and our experience just gets better with each visit. Food is excellent, always something new to try and the chefs come out and make sure everything is good. We wll definitely make this a regular dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellence!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/12/2013Excellent service and food. Fresh and very tasty!!!!! They use Olive Oil in their dishes which is a good thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good mexican foodgennyDined on 6/2/2013We were a family of eight and there were good choices for our varied tastes...yummy chips and salsaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They pride themselves on thelupeDined on 6/2/2013They pride themselves on the Chicken Pipian, sorry but that is not pipian. The dish was OK, but it was not pipian. I actually went specifically for that one dish since they claim to specialize in it. They sat us down but the waiter? who is really the owner did not come to take our order until about 15 to 20 minutes after we told the busboy we were ready to order. My husband had the chile verde and that was pretty good, but that is not what they specialize in. So I was disappointed with the pipian, don't order it. Order the chile verde instead or anything else, becaause that is not pipian.
- Consistently Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/25/2013The theme here is "this ain't your normal Mexican restaurant" because it's not a noise-pounding margarita factory all about slamming shots and getting loud. This is more akin to a fine dining experience and is all about the food! Enjoy Memo's by trying dishes that aren't called Combo #27 and you have the right frame of mind!Special Features:
- Fantastic FindJedkydhoVIPDined on 5/15/2013This place is a little off the beaten path but, very much worth going to. The service and attention is refreshing which makes you feel like an honored guest as they very much appreciate that you are dining with them. Some would think that this would be another place serving burritos, tacos and such but, it on a much higher level than your everyday dining experience. They also offer other meals that can not readily find in most places such as a chicken mole dish that is to die for ( which is what I had). You can not go wrong eating at this establishment as I enjoyed every minute of it. I will return when I am in the area again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/12/2013Our first time at Memo's, everyone in our party loved the food, delicious with just the right amount of spice! We will be going back.Special Features:
- Mother's Daym1p2fDined on 5/12/2013Finally a restaurant that serves authentic Mexican food as if I stepped into a first-class restaurant in Mexico City. The ingredients are fresh and do not overpower each other. The food presentation is eye appealing. The desserts are so good and not heavy - delicate with marvelous flavors. All is obviously prepared with pride. The tortilla chips are fresh, hot, not greasy. The salsa is not overpowering but gentle with delicious flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special placeGorillusDined on 5/2/2013Memo's is our go-to local restaurant for special occasions. Father and daughter operated, it is great for an intimate dinner or a family party. They use only the freshest ingredients and the father and daughter both ccollaborate on some very unique dishes. This is not the average mexican restaurant! Be sure to try the steak in mole sauce....strips of steak cooked in a special mole sauce with nopales. Amazing flavors that are difficult to describe. Also, the chile relleno are wonderful. Then for dessert, their special chocolate cake which has a little spiciness to it. The owners are very visible and always welcoming. We love this place!Special Features:
- Fine dining in charming atmosphereBerkeleyFoodieDined on 4/20/2013We all agreed (a group of 4) that the meals were unique and prepared to perfection. Each of us had something different, and I can speak particularly to the Mahi Mahi taco dinner, with refried beans and rice. I could find no fault with any of it! The fish was white, tender and grilled perfectly; the corn tortillas tasted home prepared, and the refried beans had a unique flavor, unlike any others I have tasted. The salsa garnish on the tacos was understated and perfect, not overpowering the wonderful Mahi Mahi. I am a huge fan of soft tacos, and I have to say that these were the best ever. The owner greeted us with great warmth, and the chef came to our table to answer any of our questions. She was gracious and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- This is the second time I'veOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/17/2013This is the second time I've been to Memo's. The daughter/owner/chef was there to greet us. The service was perfect and the food unusual and delicious. I'd go again tonight if I could.Special Features:
- As always, a pleasant experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/13/2013As always, a pleasant experience and fine personal touch, Iva you are the best....Special Features:
- I was ambivalent about theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2013I was ambivalent about the rating because there were some really good things about this restaurant. Cadillac margarita and tortilla soup ~ awesome. The best I ever had and I love mexican food. Cons: The chips were not that great almost taste stale and prefer a chunkier salsa. The flautas were fried way to hard that it dried out the chicken. I would come back to try something else, but mainly because the drink and soup are off the chain.
- A Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/8/2013Memo's is a family run restaurant with a welcoming vibe. Their menu is excellently crafted with many options for all, even vegan and gluten free options. The food we tried was outstading: fresh, flavorfull, and unique. You can tell that each dish is crafted with care, made with love. The chicken pipian and chicken mole were a delight as well as the chocolate cake we had for dessert. Really everything we had was delicious and our only regret was that we didn't have two stomachs each to fill with these delectable creations. We will be going back very soon.Special Features:
- Fresh and Hoomemade.WesleyDined on 3/8/2013Food is fresh and authentic. Owners are delightful and do all the cooking and table waiting. Small place, good food.Special Features:
- Enjoyed our evening and theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/28/2013Enjoyed our evening and the nice touches provided by owner and daughter.Special Features:
- The Gem of ConcordOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2013I've been eating at Memos for about 5 years now and every time I've gone it has been wonderful. The father and daughter who own and operate this gem go a restaurant are always there and take such care to make sure the experience is fantastic. It's warm and inviting for couples, groups, and families with small children. The decor is colorful, yet calming. The food is always excellent and freshly prepared. Practically their whole menu is gluten free and very vegetarian friendly. I would recommend Memos very highly!Special Features:
- Fisrt time there.The foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/2/2013Fisrt time there.The food was excellent and the drinks were too!All were made to order and you can tell.We will be back for more.Special Features:
- off beat but excellent food.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/5/2013off beat but excellent food. they run out of too many basicsSpecial Features:
- Very unique in it's MexicanOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/5/2013Very unique in it's Mexican Cuisine.They use multiple peppers in their foods, lovely mole.The chocolate cake is vegan and devine.The charm of the restaurant is that the owners seat you,take your orders,and then go to the kitchen to cook for you.We really enjoy our dinner and will be back.You have never tasted Mexican food like this.Special Features:
- We always Enjoy the the food.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/16/2012We always enjoy coming to Memo's. My kids and I are vegan so it makes ordering simple and our friends and family can enjoy it as well.Special Features:
- I tried Memo's based on onlineOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/15/2012I tried Memo's based on online reviews and I would say that it met or exceeded my expectations. The staff was friendly and focused, and the food was excellent. At real cut above the usual Mexican food experience. I'll go back. We arrived early, and service suffered slightly as the restaurant began filling with patrons. My only complaint would have been that in the midst of the growing busy-ness, it took too long to settle up my bill. While I certainly understood the expanding attention needed as more and more people's orders completed, I had a show to attend!Special Features:
- A great find! I lived thatJenniferVIPDined on 12/8/2012A great find! I lived that one of the owners/chefs (a father/daughter team) comes out to take your order and answer any questions. Glad we found this hidden gem. Will definitely return!Special Features:
- My wife and I had a deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/5/2012My wife and I had a delicious dinner. Service was great. We have been here several times before and have enjoyed it every time. When we want a nice quiet dinner with ambiance, this is the place we will go. Never been disappointed.Special Features:
- We like this family-run restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/1/2012We like this family-run restaurant very much. Food is good, people are lovely. Great for a variety of tastes--we had vegan, vegetarian, and omnivores, and everyone was happy. Service is a little slow when they are busy.Special Features:
- The father and daughter teamWildElkVIPDined on 11/14/2012The father and daughter team bend over backwards to make one's dining experience a good one. All the food is prepared in house. The service is impeccable and they are both very gracious and accommodating. Good food, good Margaritas, and good service. And . . . reasonably priced. You can't go wrong!!
- Would be Julia Child's FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/10/2012Great flavor. Excellent blend of Mexican food with the elegance and flavors of French cooking. Meme's is 45 minutes from us and in our opinion worth the drive. Julia Child would love it.Special Features:
- Decent food, horrible service.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/9/2012Decent food, horrible service. Everything takes forever. Might be a good place for a couple of adults who are willing to wait, not a family with children.
- The father and daughter andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2012The father and daughter and all employees are friendly and very polite.Great food and a great experience overall.We will all go back.Special Features:
- The food is always fresh-made.PowderdazeVIPDined on 9/30/2012The food is always fresh-made. The service may be a bit slow but worth the wait.Special Features:
- Something For Every EaterDavyDined on 9/27/2012Full-on vegans, lacto-ovo vegetarians, pescatarians, kids, retirees -- it gets a little insane trying to find a place you can all eat in peace. Memo's was that place for us last Thursday. We felt honored and special, as the chef took our order personally, and answered any questions, before and after the meal. The pintos were cooked to perfection, with hints of achiote, Mexican oregano, and tarragon. The salads were *beautiful* and full of seasonal goodness. Two of our diners claimed that they were eating the best chile rellanos they had EVER had (just watch out for that toothpick!) We just about fell over at the tastiness of the fully-vegan (but not skimping on any flavor or texture) chocolate cake, and really, really enjoyed ourselveSpecial Features:
- 2nd time there...returnedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/20122nd time there...returned with friends, they loved it also.Special Features:
- Food was good - very differentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2012Food was good - very different Mexican Food (Mexican Food with a twist) although a good twist. Owners/staff very nice. Restaurant very clean
- Excellent food, and the staffOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/24/2012Excellent food, and the staff was very attentive and friendly.Special Features:
- Great for Vegans in ContraOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/15/2012Great for Vegans in Contra Costa County where no purely Vegan restaurants exist.Special Features:
- no taste and no cluesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/7/2012We orderd the chili relleno and I chewed in to it and bit into a toothpick I was told by are waitress that they forgot to warn us regarding that and apologized. Wow only a apology I dont recommend this restaurant.