200 W Ramon Rd
Palm Springs, CA 92264Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://inglesideinn.com/melvyns_restaurant.html
- Phone: 7603252323
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 am - 3:00 pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 6:00 pm - 11:00 pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Juan Castaneda
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer 2 private dining rooms seating up to 50-85 guests, and 75-100 standing,
both great for meetings and private dining. We have hosted meetings for Pitney Bowes, CBS, Warner Records and many others. Use the hotel for a business retreat and meet in the private rooms for meals, meetings, etc.
- Private Party Contact: Brian Ellis 7603252323
- Entertainment: Join us for nightly entertainment in our Piano Bar and dancing in our Casa Blanca Lounge from 8pm. On Sundays join us from 3.30pm till 7.30pm for our weekly Jam session.
- Special Events: Perfect setting for weddings, meetings or private parties. Custom menus are available for any budget.
A word from Melvyn's Restaurant
Melvyn's Restaurant was named "One of Ten Best" by the T.V. show "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous". Recipient of many top national awards. Melvyn's ambiance is the perfect compliment to gourmet dining. Every detail was selected to reflect gracious elegance and old world charm. Extensive wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Melvyn's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Palm Springs ›
Melvyn's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
romantic (41)special occasion (38)neighborhood gem (30)fit for foodies (19)vibrant bar scene (15)good for groups (13)notable wine list (10)great for brunch (10)late-night find (8)great for lunch (8)hot spot (7)scenic view (4)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Old Timey Palm Springsdavid515VIPDined on 10/17/2014Like most restaurants, we were the youngest patrons by 15-20 years. Place felt like old Palm Springs in its prime, service was prompt and food was great. Food wasn't anything new/unique, but very well executed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining Experience!ConstanceDined on 10/17/2014Melvyn's is a great restaurant that I would recommend highly to anyone! The food is always excellent and the service is great. It is an excellent restaurant for a romantic evening as well as just having a great dining experience with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014We all had a wonderful evening, great food & service, Loved the piano player. We had fun!Special Features:
- chicgalDined on 10/13/2014Love this restaurant. Everytime I'm in Palm Springs I have dinner there. They also have a piano bar that is fantastic. The staff is friendly and make you feel welcome. I recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great Experience!!UpscalehealthynaturalVIPDined on 10/12/2014The cocktails are excellent and the entrees were very good, too. The salads were delicious.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014After we were seated and enjoying our cocktails there was a great deal of commotion rearranging furniture and rolling in 2 extra large round tables to accommodate 2 separate parties of 10 that had arrived. It's hard to imagine that 2 separate parties of 10 did not have reservations on a busy Saturday night. It seemed very bad form for an expensive restaurant of this status not to have had these tables set up in advance so they wouldn't have had to disturb there dining guests. We also ordered a dish that was suppose to have been cooked at our table. It was cooked behind us out of our view. Waiters often spoke very loudly to each other right next to our table.Special Features:
- Experience for FourOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014We enjoyed the bar waiter very much. He had a great sense of humour which took a little while to catch on as it was very subtle. Our service was delightful. We met the owner in the bar area before going to the dining room to eat our scrumptious food. Steak was just the way you wanted it cooked. Veal Oscar was extra yummy and Lobster stuffed ravoili was out of this world. It was a great experience and we certainly would go back for any occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LindaVIPDined on 10/1/2014Classic New York style restaurant. Lots of atmosphere, but the food is nothing memorable.
- This were the days!!!!IdoLVIPDined on 9/30/2014What a place! The waiters, the ambiance, the food, the kindness, the atmosphere... Yes, I know I am from the older generation, but this place has all the good things of the better years!!! Nothing is too much for the wait staff. They are very knowledgeable. We had to walk back to our bad choice of hotel in PS and felt very sorry not able to stay after dinner in the bar for a great live performance. Next time for sure!Special Features:
- Melvin's: A Palm Springs Gem!VetyExyVIPDined on 9/25/2014Melvin's still nice and classy! The Melvin's Cobb Salad very tasty. And the Chocolate Bomb for desert was out of this world!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014This place is definitely number one in Palm Springs. It is a class place and perfect for a quiet dinner. Service is the tops. This restaurant if full of nostalgia of the past.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014Melvins was a wonderful restaurant with extremely good serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem in Palm Springsukwanderer08Dined on 9/19/2014Melvyn's is tucked away in a secluded location in Palm Springs and oozes charm and sophistication from the moment you arrive and surrender your car for valet parking. The interior of the restaurant is both classic and classy. The food was excellent and the service memorable. It is not surprising that so many celebrities have been, and continue to be, attracted to Melvyn's. A trip to Palm Springs would not be complete without a visit to Melvyn's. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Love this place..TcupDined on 9/18/2014Every time we come to Palm Springs we are come to Melvyn's. We love the service and the staff at this restaurant.Special Features:
- A Great MealLadyDined on 9/10/2014This was our favorite restaurant in Palm Springs. Make sure you dress in business attire, men need a collared shirt. We arrived and my husband & father-in-law did not have a collared shirt on but they were very pleasant, and sat us any way. I suggested they put that on their web sight and any other place they advertise. The service was outstanding, you could get very spoiled dinning here. The meal was to perfection not one complaint. We would go back again if in Palm Springs. Not at all pricey for the best dinning experience in Palm Springs.Special Features:
- kohala1946Dined on 9/3/2014Wednesday is open mike night! Who woulda guessed?? The following were 5-stars: Food, Service, Entertainment. What else is there? Mahalo for a memorable evening!Special Features:
- Great find in PalmOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/2/2014Every aspect was above expectations. The food was amazing and our "capitan" was outstanding and very knowledgable. The lobster pot pie is a must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must do in Palm Springs!!!!!!!!!!HrpuffinstuffDined on 8/30/2014A must do in Palm Springs! Throw back to old Hollywood! The waiters are dressed in suits and ties. Amazing service. They cook table side dishes! Good strong drinks! Great for a romantic date or for a group of friends. After dinner enjoy live music in their adjoining bar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't serve fish if it isn't fresh!MarquesaDined on 8/26/2014This was our wedding day. We chose Melvyn's as our special night out. I had noted this in my Open Table Request, and I had also asked for a quiet corner table. We arrived were escorted to banquette-style seating. I asked to move to the corner table and was accommodated. I ordered Shrimp Scampi, and my husband ordered Scallops. I asked if the scampi was good prior to ordering: "It's served on pasta." A clue? Perhaps. Both shrimp and scallops tasted like they were previously frozen - like something one would get at Red Lobster. We would have probably been much better off ordering steak. And lastly, I was disappointed that no one said congratulations. Once would expect that a 4-start restaurant read their notes from Open Table.
- Never changes. Always great!IrishRickDined on 8/23/2014Melvyn's never ceases to amaze me. We have been coming here once or twice per year for several years. It's always the same: same wait staff, same management, same food, same service. All great! We visited on a very busy Saturday night. No problem, we were immediately shown to our table. Two hours later, after great service and food, we were escorted to the lounge where we listened to the same singer/piano player! This is fine dining as it should be, but seldom is. And frankly, since dinner includes soup/salad and sides, the prices are pretty good, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BruceVIPDined on 8/22/2014Wonderful find. Perfect in every way. If I ever come back to Palm Springs will come again. Expensive but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Class of the desertJohnny555VIPDined on 8/15/2014This place just continues to be a must whether you're visiting or a resident of Palm Springs. It's a step back in time with a prolific menu, great cocktails, old school service and a touch of class. Just go!!!!!Special Features:
- Russ ThompsonRussVIPDined on 8/13/2014Our arrival was a great treat, since this was my first visit. My party of four ordered a round of drinks and we visited, and continued to visit for about 45 minutes before a not friendly waiter asked if we wanted another drink. By this time everyone seated after us were being served. I told the waiter that we had waited to order our food way too long. We ordered our meals then I sat there with the wine list, propped up in front of me an additional 10 minutes before someone asked if I wanted to order wine. I had the Steak Diane which was wonderful, however my Shrimp cocktail was nearly poor and the Shrimp were frozen dry! Never again.Special Features:
- MbkfcatsDined on 7/27/2014Great place to dine, whether it is for brunch, lunch, or dinner. Wait staff is attentive. One of my favorite places in the Desert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Step back into the pastOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/26/2014My wife and I were celebrating our wedding anniversary and decided to spend a night in Palm Springs. We also decided to try Melvyn's for lunch. The service was superb, the food delicious and we ended up sitting next to Mel Haber himself. A perfect day.Special Features:
- Old Palm Springs memoriesDaleDined on 7/22/2014Forgot about this place, till looking for a restaurant online, I haven't been here for 30+years, it hasn't changed a bit, still very charming, great food service impeccable. Staff doesn't change, some over 30 years on the job! Small & intimate. Able to talk and dine @ in leisure. Went here for my birthday, they made it extra special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stuffy, but OKOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/19/2014This old-time, stuffy restaurant is worth visiting, despite the Palm Springs-in-the-summer-tuxedo-wearing captains. The food was very good: crab cakes, raw oysters, Fettuccine Alfredo, duck (slightly overcooked, but still moist), salads, cheese cake, specialty coffees. Very attentive, but not intrusive service. Knowledgeable captains, very accommodating. An enjoyable evening. We will definately return to this 40 year+ year old place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/12/2014The food was amazing, the wine list was great, Bobby (our server) is a local treasure), and the live music was a nice additional benefit. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Neat spot, great food, cool historyDrummer28Dined on 7/7/2014We took the in-laws to an early dinner at Melvyn's as a vacation treat. At first it was a little odd, as we were the first diners; but the welcome was warm and the service was impeccable. All four of us enjoyed our meals immensely - the tourenados and steak were perfectly grilled, and the chicken stuffed with lobster was an amazing dish with a great sauce. The pork medallions with grilled prawns was equally well received. The side vegetables were simple but very fresh and flavorful. My mother-in-law ate the zucchini, and she never eats zucchini. The creme brulee was average but the homemade cheesecake more than made up for it. We would definitely return to Melvyn's for anything on the menu.Special Features:
- Best birthday party place in town.RandyDined on 7/1/2014Party of 6, two birthdays, staff made it the best evening ever with over - the - top service. Thank you for a wonderful dinning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FunJohnny555VIPDined on 6/28/2014Always a good experience at Melvyn's. Good food, great service and even better people watching.Special Features:
- One classy placeDiazboyz4Dined on 6/28/2014My wife and I were celebrated our anniversary. Once we entered the restaurant till we walked out we felt like we were the only focus of all the staff. It was what I expected based on my research for that special dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 552 reviews are from the Melvyn's Restaurant reviews archive.
- Fine DiningmathmanDined on 6/6/2014What a treat to have so much of our incredible dinner prepared at the table by our waiter, Bobby! It added so much to watch him prepare my dinner and dessert. We loved watching him make various salads for others. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/23/2014Went for my wife's birthday with a group of 7, and had a great time. They gave us a nice patio table, and the service was old-school charming and excellent. The food here is never great, but always solid. Steak Diane is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerPeteVIPDined on 5/20/2014We really enjoyed our dinner at Melvyn's Restaurant. The food, service, and ambience were all top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Again and again...DickVIPDined on 5/11/2014Always a fantastic experience! This time we met some Oregon golfers who were excited about the bar scene on Mother's Day, and once seated we had a very nice repartee with a couple from the Sacramento area. The waiter, whose name was also Richard, and I agreed: There's too many Dicks and not enough Richards! The chateaubriand was marvelous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A perfect visitJPAres1Dined on 5/11/2014I was hoping for a special place to take my mother to for Mother's Day and Melvyn's was perfect! The service was outstanding, the food excellent and Mom couldn't have been any happier. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible menu from the pastOutnaboutDined on 5/9/2014This place has been around forever. If you've always wondered about the opulent day when you are greeted by a gentleman wearing a tux and table side food prepared on a gas burner then you will want to try this place. Granted the crowd is older, but from the crystal chandeliers and deserts flambé this is a wonderful place with great service. Live lounge music can be heard as you dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDonaldVIPDined on 5/6/2014Went to restaurant and one of the four guest had shorts and was told he could not be seated unless he had pants. We went back home and changed into slacks and returned to the restaurant. We were seated next to a table with a gentleman wearing SHORTS. Went to dinner expecting to be seated in the garden room instead was placed in the center of the floor of a small room after requesting a quiet area in the dining room. Ordered the Oysters Rockefeller and had to send them back because it was cold and then came back floating in Hollandaise Sauce. Then had Veal Shank and that was also just luke warm overall meal just average.
- Pleasant way to spend a brunchLuv2dineDined on 5/4/2014This was our first visit to Melvyn's champagne brunch. The staff was very pleasant. The food was good, though exceptional dinners are definitely their strong point. We would do this bruch again.I would recommend this to a friend.