200 W Ramon Rd
Palm Springs, CA 92264Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://inglesideinn.com/melvyns_restaurant.html
- Phone: (760) 325-2323
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 am - 3:00 pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 6:00 pm - 11:00 pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Juan Castaneda
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Join us for nightly entertainment in our Piano Bar and dancing in our Casa Blanca Lounge from 8pm. On Sundays join us from 3.30pm till 7.30pm for our weekly Jam session.
- Special Events: Perfect setting for weddings, meetings or private parties. Custom menus are available for any budget.
A word from Melvyn's Restaurant
Melvyn's Restaurant was named "One of Ten Best" by the T.V. show "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous". Recipient of many top national awards. Melvyn's ambiance is the perfect compliment to gourmet dining. Every detail was selected to reflect gracious elegance and old world charm. Extensive wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Melvyn's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Palm Springs ›
Melvyn's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
romantic (44)special occasion (44)neighborhood gem (29)vibrant bar scene (17)fit for foodies (17)good for groups (17)great for brunch (11)notable wine list (9)hot spot (8)late-night find (8)great for lunch (7)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great restaurant experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014Everything about this dining experience just reflects "elegance", The location, the food, wine, mature service, the pace & ambience are all pleasurable, subtle and yet very comfortable, A great place for a family celebration or an intimate meal. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a wonderful time!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/21/2014Our future trips to Palm Springs will never be without a trip to Melvyn's. Everything was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!UpscalehealthynaturalVIPDined on 11/15/2014The squash soup was superb. Everything else was really delicious, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as snootyCurmudgeonVIPDined on 11/11/2014as its reputation suggested. Excellent service and a 1950s menu - competently done, though the wilted spinach salad largely wilted by drowning in its dressing. A fun trip to the past. It was worth one visit - but another is unnecessary. And they still know how to make a real martini.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way Overpriced.DisappointedDined on 11/10/2014Melvyn's meals are way overpriced and the ambience is tired. I was told the dress code is desert casual, jacket and collered shirt preferred for men. Other male customer's wearing plaid work shirts were seated at the table to our right. A male guest, seated at the table to our left, had his I Tablet propped up on the table and worked it during the entire time we dined. If it were not for the pleasant personalities of the waiters the entire evening would have been a total bust. I will not return to Melvyn's nor will I recommend it to anyone.
- l love this place!junkgirlVIPDined on 11/8/2014Amazing service, food, martinis, and atmosphere keep me coming back. Whenever I'm in town, I try to stop in, and I'm never disappointed. Has that old Hollywood feeling... like Sinatra could walk in at any minute.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this classicOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/8/2014This is classic Palm Springs and service. Very good menu with many excellent choices. Service impeccable.Special Features:
- Huge disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/8/2014Nice environment BUT the food was something I'd expect to see in a low budget senior assisted living cafeteria: tasteless, boring, unimaginative, although served with aplomb barely above room temperature. And for this they charge a hefty premium. Way past time for Melvyn's to stop coasting on a very worn-out reputation.
- Food is Rich!GeraldDined on 11/7/2014I found the food quite tasty but also realize it is very rich with heavy sauces.Special Features:
- Back in timeNocookingVIPDined on 11/2/2014The food was very good. The decor and attire of service personnel was a trip back to days gone bye. It was interesting because we have never been in a restaurant quite like it.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/27/2014We were so impressed with Melvyn's a few years ago that we couldn't wait to return with our good friends. This time the menu was limited; the food awfully rich for our pallets; and the service inconsistent.Special Features:
- A blast from the past!ClassicVIPDined on 10/25/2014If you're looking for the quintessential Palm Springs experience, you have to try Melvyn's. Totally old school with a piano bar, waiters in tuxedos, crystal chandeliers, etc. I wouldn't call it gourmet cuisine but the food is good and a great value. Celebrated my birthday with 10 friends and we had a nice round table and the service -although the waiters hovered and watched which drives me crazy - is excellent. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- clarkcasaDined on 10/21/2014Come and enjoy the overall awesome ambience and food. It is reminiscient of how great dining should be!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old Timey Palm Springsdavid515VIPDined on 10/17/2014Like most restaurants, we were the youngest patrons by 15-20 years. Place felt like old Palm Springs in its prime, service was prompt and food was great. Food wasn't anything new/unique, but very well executed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining Experience!ConstanceDined on 10/17/2014Melvyn's is a great restaurant that I would recommend highly to anyone! The food is always excellent and the service is great. It is an excellent restaurant for a romantic evening as well as just having a great dining experience with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014We all had a wonderful evening, great food & service, Loved the piano player. We had fun!Special Features:
- Always a PleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/14/2014Enjoy the service and the Atmosphere of this very traditional restaurant. Always try to visit at least once while in Palm Springs.Special Features:
- chicgalDined on 10/13/2014Love this restaurant. Everytime I'm in Palm Springs I have dinner there. They also have a piano bar that is fantastic. The staff is friendly and make you feel welcome. I recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great Experience!!UpscalehealthynaturalVIPDined on 10/12/2014The cocktails are excellent and the entrees were very good, too. The salads were delicious.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014After we were seated and enjoying our cocktails there was a great deal of commotion rearranging furniture and rolling in 2 extra large round tables to accommodate 2 separate parties of 10 that had arrived. It's hard to imagine that 2 separate parties of 10 did not have reservations on a busy Saturday night. It seemed very bad form for an expensive restaurant of this status not to have had these tables set up in advance so they wouldn't have had to disturb there dining guests. We also ordered a dish that was suppose to have been cooked at our table. It was cooked behind us out of our view. Waiters often spoke very loudly to each other right next to our table.Special Features:
- Experience for FourOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014We enjoyed the bar waiter very much. He had a great sense of humour which took a little while to catch on as it was very subtle. Our service was delightful. We met the owner in the bar area before going to the dining room to eat our scrumptious food. Steak was just the way you wanted it cooked. Veal Oscar was extra yummy and Lobster stuffed ravoili was out of this world. It was a great experience and we certainly would go back for any occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LindaVIPDined on 10/1/2014Classic New York style restaurant. Lots of atmosphere, but the food is nothing memorable.
- This were the days!!!!IdoLVIPDined on 9/30/2014What a place! The waiters, the ambiance, the food, the kindness, the atmosphere... Yes, I know I am from the older generation, but this place has all the good things of the better years!!! Nothing is too much for the wait staff. They are very knowledgeable. We had to walk back to our bad choice of hotel in PS and felt very sorry not able to stay after dinner in the bar for a great live performance. Next time for sure!Special Features:
- Melvin's: A Palm Springs Gem!VetyExyVIPDined on 9/25/2014Melvin's still nice and classy! The Melvin's Cobb Salad very tasty. And the Chocolate Bomb for desert was out of this world!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014This place is definitely number one in Palm Springs. It is a class place and perfect for a quiet dinner. Service is the tops. This restaurant if full of nostalgia of the past.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014Melvins was a wonderful restaurant with extremely good serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem in Palm Springsukwanderer08Dined on 9/19/2014Melvyn's is tucked away in a secluded location in Palm Springs and oozes charm and sophistication from the moment you arrive and surrender your car for valet parking. The interior of the restaurant is both classic and classy. The food was excellent and the service memorable. It is not surprising that so many celebrities have been, and continue to be, attracted to Melvyn's. A trip to Palm Springs would not be complete without a visit to Melvyn's. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Love this place..TcupDined on 9/18/2014Every time we come to Palm Springs we are come to Melvyn's. We love the service and the staff at this restaurant.Special Features:
- A Great MealLadyVIPDined on 9/10/2014This was our favorite restaurant in Palm Springs. Make sure you dress in business attire, men need a collared shirt. We arrived and my husband & father-in-law did not have a collared shirt on but they were very pleasant, and sat us any way. I suggested they put that on their web sight and any other place they advertise. The service was outstanding, you could get very spoiled dinning here. The meal was to perfection not one complaint. We would go back again if in Palm Springs. Not at all pricey for the best dinning experience in Palm Springs.Special Features:
- kohala1946Dined on 9/3/2014Wednesday is open mike night! Who woulda guessed?? The following were 5-stars: Food, Service, Entertainment. What else is there? Mahalo for a memorable evening!Special Features:
- Great find in PalmOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/2/2014Every aspect was above expectations. The food was amazing and our "capitan" was outstanding and very knowledgable. The lobster pot pie is a must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must do in Palm Springs!!!!!!!!!!HrpuffinstuffDined on 8/30/2014A must do in Palm Springs! Throw back to old Hollywood! The waiters are dressed in suits and ties. Amazing service. They cook table side dishes! Good strong drinks! Great for a romantic date or for a group of friends. After dinner enjoy live music in their adjoining bar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't serve fish if it isn't fresh!MarquesaDined on 8/26/2014This was our wedding day. We chose Melvyn's as our special night out. I had noted this in my Open Table Request, and I had also asked for a quiet corner table. We arrived were escorted to banquette-style seating. I asked to move to the corner table and was accommodated. I ordered Shrimp Scampi, and my husband ordered Scallops. I asked if the scampi was good prior to ordering: "It's served on pasta." A clue? Perhaps. Both shrimp and scallops tasted like they were previously frozen - like something one would get at Red Lobster. We would have probably been much better off ordering steak. And lastly, I was disappointed that no one said congratulations. Once would expect that a 4-start restaurant read their notes from Open Table.
- Never changes. Always great!IrishRickDined on 8/23/2014Melvyn's never ceases to amaze me. We have been coming here once or twice per year for several years. It's always the same: same wait staff, same management, same food, same service. All great! We visited on a very busy Saturday night. No problem, we were immediately shown to our table. Two hours later, after great service and food, we were escorted to the lounge where we listened to the same singer/piano player! This is fine dining as it should be, but seldom is. And frankly, since dinner includes soup/salad and sides, the prices are pretty good, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BruceVIPDined on 8/22/2014Wonderful find. Perfect in every way. If I ever come back to Palm Springs will come again. Expensive but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Class of the desertJohnny555VIPDined on 8/15/2014This place just continues to be a must whether you're visiting or a resident of Palm Springs. It's a step back in time with a prolific menu, great cocktails, old school service and a touch of class. Just go!!!!!Special Features:
- Russ ThompsonRussVIPDined on 8/13/2014Our arrival was a great treat, since this was my first visit. My party of four ordered a round of drinks and we visited, and continued to visit for about 45 minutes before a not friendly waiter asked if we wanted another drink. By this time everyone seated after us were being served. I told the waiter that we had waited to order our food way too long. We ordered our meals then I sat there with the wine list, propped up in front of me an additional 10 minutes before someone asked if I wanted to order wine. I had the Steak Diane which was wonderful, however my Shrimp cocktail was nearly poor and the Shrimp were frozen dry! Never again.Special Features:
- The following 561 reviews are from the Melvyn's Restaurant reviews archive.
- MbkfcatsDined on 7/27/2014Great place to dine, whether it is for brunch, lunch, or dinner. Wait staff is attentive. One of my favorite places in the Desert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Step back into the pastccoppelDined on 7/26/2014My wife and I were celebrating our wedding anniversary and decided to spend a night in Palm Springs. We also decided to try Melvyn's for lunch. The service was superb, the food delicious and we ended up sitting next to Mel Haber himself. A perfect day.Special Features:
- Old Palm Springs memoriesDaleDined on 7/22/2014Forgot about this place, till looking for a restaurant online, I haven't been here for 30+years, it hasn't changed a bit, still very charming, great food service impeccable. Staff doesn't change, some over 30 years on the job! Small & intimate. Able to talk and dine @ in leisure. Went here for my birthday, they made it extra special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.