1104 Wilshire Blvd.
Santa Monica, CA 90401Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.melisse.com/
- Phone: 3103950881
- Hours of Operation:
Melisse is open for dinner Tuesday through Saturday Evenings.
OUR SEATINGS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
TUESDAY – THURSDAY: 6:00PM -9:30PM
FRIDAY: 6:00PM - 9:45PM
SATURDAY: 5:45PM – 9:45PM
SUNDAY and MONDAY:Closed
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French
- Executive Chef: Josiah Citrin
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Plan your Special Event today! Please call Aranka Smith at 310.395.0881 or firstname.lastname@example.org, to discuss our various options for an event here at Melisse or at your location.
- Entertainment: Melisse's Wine Service Policy:
$30.00 per bottle for first 2 bottles, $50.00 per bottle for each additional bottle. If a bottle is purchased from our wine list we will waive the wine service charge, 1 service charge for 1 bottle purchased.
- Special Events: *Melisse Gift Cards and our cook book, "In Pursuit of Excellence" are available to purchase on our website! A 2-star Michelin dinner is a perfect gift for any occasion.
A word from Melisse
From the intriguing season-driven menu to the world-class wine list, Melisse is both a two Michelin Star Award winning restaurant and the recipient of Zagats highly coveted top rated restaurant in Los Angeles since 2003. Situated in Santa Monica, Melisse inspires all of the senses with its chic ambiance, superb, contemporary French cuisine and gracious service. The Olivia and Augustin Rooms offer privacy for intimate gatherings or business entertaining. For an unparalleled dining experience, Melisse is an exquisite culinary destination that should not be missed. Allow us to inspire you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Melisse - Best Restaurants in Santa Monica ›
Melisse reviews from OpenTable diners
117 reviews since May 18, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (103)romantic (91)fit for foodies (86)notable wine list (72)neighborhood gem (17)good for groups (9)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- cardonVIPDined on 9/12/2014A really great dining experience on all fronts. We've been going there for 9 years and it was by far the best this time.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/11/2014Melisse continues to be the best restaurant in the city. Josiah Citrin does not sit on his laurels with 2 ** from Michelin but keeps evolving in his desire to bring the best food and to innovate what he creates as well. The service is first class and the ambiance is lovely with delightful plate ware. Certainly it is expensive, but you're receiving value for that expense.Special Features:
- too many stars to fit hereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/10/2014Best restaurant in LA for sure. Impeccable service, excellent food, amazing wine list and sommelier, truly a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Hard To BeatkraiDined on 9/9/2014Not much to elaborate on.... other than it is one of the best Restaurants you can it in. Don't go there looking for a deal. Just bath your pallet. Imaginative...explosive....served by a staff that cares !Special Features:
- Unforgettable NightdinnerdateDined on 9/6/2014We treated my mom to a very special birthday dinner and could not have been more impressed with the entire evening, from the valet staff, to the servers, to the experience..this place is truly magical and Josiah and Diane (owners and chef) are incredible people. Thank you so much for giving my mom a birthday she will never forget!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super Good RestaurantnewbyDined on 9/4/2014This is the third time that my wife and I have dined here on or anniversary. This restaurant is the top of the line in every respect. Even though it is expensive it is well the experience.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014Melisse is an outstanding restaurant, it has a superb staff, and delicious food. I would recommend the restaurant to celebrate any special occasion.Special Features:
- Highly RecommendnycfoodcriticDined on 8/29/2014It was our 10th Anniversary and we were attending a family event in Santa Monica. I searched for the best restaurant in LA and found one of the best dining experiences we ever had. The entire staff, especially our waiter, Ryan, couldn't have be more knowledgeable about the food and wine and more enthusiastic about providing my wife and I with a special evening that we'll never forget. The food was delicious, the wine was amazing and the way in which all the courses were presented was outstanding. It was by far the most I ever paid for a meal but it was well worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- used to be betterConstructiveCriticismVIPDined on 8/28/2014Came away with buyer's remorse and the feeling that this was not an $800 experience for two though it did cost that much. Admittedly, we had some caviar and some pasta with black truffles but still... The service was excellent. Food was good but not at the level it once was. We were particularly underwhelmed by the waiter-recommended sole. The fish was coated by a nondescript nut-based concoction that simply distracted from the subtle flavor of this delicate fish. Spooned on top was a mixture of various vegetables that did not belong together, bound by a nondescript sauce. While the fish and the vegetables had a soft texture, there were also some hard nuts mixed in that resulted in a jarring experience on every fourth bite.Special Features:
- Beyond DeliciousDinerDVIPDined on 8/26/2014This amazing restaurant never disappoints. The food was incredible, the ingredients the best and the preparation perfect. The food is creative and interesting without being too heavy and overly spiced. The service is impeccable without being stuffy. Melisse is dining perfection on every level.Special Features:
- Just missesGsommcanDined on 8/26/2014Considering the stellar reviews and staggering price, our experience at Melisse should have been impeccable but it was not. The decor could use updating, there is some deferred maintenance, staff is attentive and friendly but aside from our primary waiter, they are not polished. Food is very good but not to the caliber of similar restaurants such as Per Se, French Laundry or even Studio in Laguna Beach. It seems like with a little more attention to every detail, Melisse would be worthy of the hype.Special Features:
- Amazing.RemymotoDined on 8/23/2014This was our first time here, and we had an amazing time. We had the 10 course meal along with the wine pairing. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the food was fantastic. So good. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still going strongMcChungVIPDined on 8/23/2014Mélisse continues to provide top notch fine dining and service. There is a reason why it's a 2-star Michelin rated restaurant. If you want to treat yourself to an ultimate epicurean experience, spend a long evening at Mélisse. Just sit back and relax. By all means, do not dine in a rush. They will take care of you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- How can you go wrong?pierpartierDined on 8/21/2014Consistently rated as one of the best, frequently THE best, restaurants in Los Angeles. Now I know why. The experience is creative, entertaining, deeply satisfying and, of course, delicious. And, boy, will your wallet feel lighter. Be prepared. Then let go of the notion of budget and go with your instincts. Our waiter, Douglas, was charming, incredibly well-informed, opinionated and confident without being unaccommodating. He was our guide through an evening of explosive tastes and subtle fragrances, untried wines, surprising gems (Tomato soup? Really?? Answer: Yes. Really. You will see The Light. No, not that one. The other one.) The only thing I can fault is that the two sets of chocolate desserts were redundant. One is plenty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Culinary Journey!TheBlueDragonDined on 8/19/2014What an Amazing Culinary Journey we were taken on. Bravo! Thank you! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatmunchtakiDined on 8/16/2014Not quite sure how this place managed to get two michelin stars. We have been to a number of foreign and domestic michelin-starred restaurants and Melisse was the first time we were really disappointed. Make no mistake, the food is indeed very good. We did the four course tasting menu along with an added course of tableside dover sole. Nonetheless, there were some irritating issues: 1. menu is full of upcharges 2. had a course where there was literally a clump of salt and pepper on the plate so that I could season my own entree. Are you kidding? At this price point I need to season my own food? The desert was the best part. It was a fun night with good food. Nonetheless, it is grossly over-rated and over-priced. Would not recommend.Special Features:
- A+, butanonanonDined on 8/15/2014Corn soup was great, salmon was great, lobster bolognese was surprisingly undistinguished - a somewhat boring red sauce. But everything else was SO good....Special Features:
- Worth every pennyCantebyDined on 8/15/2014This was one of the best meals I have had in the USA , The service rivals Caprice in Hong Kong. We had the 10 course menu . Each item was more exquisite then the next . Everything was intricately explained for us , and they were extremely accommodating to our specific dietary needs. Bravo . I would highly recommend Melisse for a special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticDiegoDined on 8/8/2014Nearly perfect gourmet experience. We ordered the ten course menu, which was outstanding. The staff was very professional, but still very nice and human. Chef went by the table, which do make a difference.Special Features:
- Fantastic food and serviceFoodloverDined on 8/8/2014The excellent food and outstanding service will certainly be the perfect compliment for a special occasion or business dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstandingfoodie66Dined on 8/8/2014Fantastic meal although very expensive! The chocolate dessert was fabulous. Be ready for a whole lot of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience & foodpradaisyDined on 7/25/2014I'm not sure how to decribe my experience here but I'm a fan & I definitely to come back & try the regular tasting. I came on a friend's recommendation because they had an anniversary special $85 for 4courses? Anyway, if you have been to Providence then you should come here & try. I love the intimate reaction with Chef Josiah Citrin when he comes out and greet the diners. This is a must try everything was delicious & cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth Every Penny!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014Shout outs to Eric, Brian, and Keegan who showed us a wonderful time. I will go back over and over again. This place was probably one of the best I have ever gone too.Special Features:
- Still at the top of my list.BenSDined on 7/23/2014I brought friends who were never here before. It was a hit! Memorable dining experience in every way.Special Features:
- PauloDined on 7/18/2014We were located into a completely segregated room, as inmates. We did not feel the atmosphere. And we paid the same prices.
- Service was better than the foodEpicurean4everDined on 7/18/2014Excellent service. Food was only good. Nothing really stands out. Cooked with competence but nothing more.Special Features:
- Perfect!MeatVIPDined on 7/17/2014Flawless! There us no other word to describe this dining experience.
- Amazing experienceRRBCDined on 7/12/2014It's the best restaurant in the world to have a proper dinner, the food could not be better, the ambience as well, the service efficient, discrete, friendly, not pushy at all, as if you were the only guest at the place, nothing to regret only celebrate that We went thereSpecial Features:
- MelisseKennethDined on 7/12/2014Food was fantastic and I have been blessed to eat at some of the best restaurants in the World. The service on the other hand while not bad was not up to par. The courses came out without any flow. I had to ask to have the dishes cleared between courses. I requested coffee at the end and it never came. I ordered and after dinner drink and they came back and said they could not find it though it was a full paragraph in the menu. That being said I would give it another go just because of the food.Special Features:
- Wont come backOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 7/10/2014Outrageously expensive, pretentious and unpleasant staff.
- farleyVIPDined on 7/8/2014Easily the best restaurant in LA - that I know of...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treat.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/5/2014I've taken my husband here several times for his birthday. The service and cuisine are always exceptional. This is a very special restaurant. Our favorite in Los Angeles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- #1 memorable dining experience everChazzinchicoDined on 6/26/2014Melisse was more than a restaurant to enjoy a one of a kind meal. The staff were next to none in their friendly attitude, excitement for their jobs and knowledge about the food they so adeptly served. I am spoiled forever more by our delightful experience there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melisse is indeed specialOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/21/2014Melisse is the perfect setting for any memorable occasion. Just close your eyes to the bill.Special Features:
- Last Fine Dining in Los AngelesDodinBouffantVIPDined on 6/20/2014Unlike most major cities, Los Angeles has only two fine dining restaurants...white tablecloths, fine crystal and tableware, quiet environment, professional service, combined with exceptional food. For anniversaries we rotate between Melisse and Valentino. This time was Melisse where we were welcomed graciously, and proceeded to enjoy an exceptional fine dining experience provided by the excellent professional service staff, along with a great bottle of wine from my cellar. Two amuse bouche proceeded the multiple course meal. My favorite was the 21-day dry-aged (in house) duck breast. Everything was spectacular and made our anniversary truly a special event. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- One of the best everAJ79VIPDined on 6/19/2014Having had many tasting menus in the past, Melisse did not disappoint. From the moment we sat down Douglas our captain made us feel at home. He provided thoughtful suggestions and we really appreciated that he was not pushy with the beverages as you will find in similar establishments. The beef tartar was some of the best I have had in my life, the Dover sole outstanding, and everything else just blended perfectly. One of the best meals we have had not just in LA but in all of our dining experiences. Well done!Special Features:
- AnniversaryDined on 6/19/2014This is one of the best restaurants that I have ever been to. The wait staff is highly professional; the Sommelier is a great guy who gave us great advice and was very sensitive to our needs and value. The food is exceptional and the staff was great in explaining each of the items that we ordered. We were celebrating a business success and they made it a memorable evening for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First class experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/18/2014This place has the whole package with service and dining. I've been to a few Michelin rated restaurants and this was easily near the top. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic french dining experiencescaronDined on 6/14/2014Really special food. A few of the meat dishes were disappointing and we sent back and they remedied. Otherwise, EXTRAORDINARY.Special Features:
- Melisse in decline.GreybeardDined on 6/14/2014After seven visits to Melisse over a decade, usually for special occasions like birthdays or anniversaries, my wife and I had a recent stinker of a visit. We had the ten-course prix fixe, which lasted four hours – not however due to the extensiveness of the menu, but rather the utter collapse of service for the last five to six courses. 20 to 25 minutes passed between courses, and there were 15 minute periods when we didn't see a single waiter at all, while they bustled around at other tables. At a restaurant where the prix fixe with wine costs $300-350 a person at night's end, one can simply not take risks like this. Had we been testers for Michelin, we would have removed not one, but both stars.Special Features: