1 East 35th Street
New York, NY 10016Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.melinyc.com/
- Phone: 2124816354
- Hours of Operation:
Kitchen Open: Monday - Thursday: 11:30 am - 11:00 pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:30 am - 12:00 am; Sunday: closed.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mediterranean, Greek
- Executive Chef: Konstantinos Handakas; Nikolaos Stavrakakis
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Let us cater your next event on or off premises. You can choose amazing offerings off our menu - or we can create something spectacular with you!
- Private Party Facilities: We would be honored to host your next memorable event at Meli. Leave all the details to our expert associates and let Meli impress your guests, whether it be a corporate affair or a celebration with family and friends.
- Private Party Contact: Private Events Team 8669452972
- Entertainment: Every Friday Live Greek Night with Katerina Topazi.
Every Thursday Live International Night.
- Special Events: We are more than happy - but also able and experienced to host your Special Events
- Cross Street: between Madison & 5th
- Public Transit: 34th Street – Penn Station (IND Eighth Avenue Line); serving the A C E trains
34th Street – Penn Station (IRT Broadway – Seventh Avenue Line); serving the 1 2 3 trains
34th Street – Herald Square; serving the B D F M N Q R trains
33rd Street (IRT Lexington Avenue Line); serving the 4 6 <6> trains
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: After 7:00 pm ample street parking throughout the area. Private Parking Garages near by...
A word from Meli
Traditional home style Greek cuisine elevated by classic technique and the finest quality ingredients available. MELI (Greek word for honey) represents a bridge between the must loved Greek classics and a more urbane sophisticated restaurant serving finely crafted Greek cuisine.Continued
Please check our website and Facebook page to be updated on future events, and also join our mailing list.
Please check our website and Facebook page to be updated on future events, and also join our mailing list.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Meli reviews from OpenTable diners
- worth returning!KarenfromtheneighborhoodVIPDined on 8/27/2013I have been a number of times. The food is always terrific. Great service. It's a little loud if you need to have a quiet conversation, but beyond that, a great addition to our neighborhoodSpecial Features:
- Nice greek fare in ManhattanWeekenderVIPDined on 8/24/2013This used to be an italian restaurant and now it has elegant decor and fine greek food. I had a nicely done plaky (codfish) that had a tomato saffran sauce that was delicious. A red Nemean agioghitikos red wine paired the dinner. The blaklava dessert was delicious. The atmosphere was quiet. At the walls beatiful iluminated pictures of Greece such as Meteora, the Karyatidis of the Akropolis and some others. There was some modern greek music and later on was changed as I requested to amore traditional one.Thanks Our friends also loved the food.Special Features:
- Excellent seafood, exceptionallyopentablefanVIPDined on 8/20/2013Excellent seafood, exceptionally fresh and well-prepared. Our waiter was very friendly and knowledgeable; made good recommendations for both food and wine. Loved the decor with beautiful chandelier and photos of Greek coastline. Will definitely return and recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great hospitalityRickyDined on 8/10/2013Great hospitality.One of our best dinning experience in NYC. It was a referral from our hotel, excellent choice and we tell to all our friends back home.Special Features:
- .Such a beautiful restaurant.ritaDined on 8/10/2013We found this restaurant by chance and were delighted by our experience. The food was delicious and the presentation most attractive.Such a beautiful restaurant. Loved the decor, the service was excellent we shall definitely return. Price was moderate to expensive.Special Features:
- Excellent!DeanaDined on 8/10/2013Server was very professional and the service and food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious food in a serene spaceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/9/2013The restaurant is nicely decorated. The photos are carefully selected and I like the juxtaposition of blue with black and white. The lighting however can be a little more subdued to accentuate the romantic feel of the place. The music was selected nicely. Having more music from classic singers such as Fragoulis and Alexiou would bring up the class of the restaurant. Food was very good, the pikilia spread was very delectable and all the flavors very unique and fresh tasting. The pita bread was whole wheat and in oil which is not as authentic but tasted good. The Fagri was fresh and amazingly cooked. Needed olive oil and lemon on top. The fig loukoumades were a little dry and doughy. Overall great experience and very good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only if I can 0 stars....OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2013By readings the opentable reviews we expected a great dinner but all we got was forgetful service, long wait times and no apologies for there blunders.. Don't believe the hype of there reviews , there staff is writing them because there food is below average. Service was rude and obnoxious. And to cap it off way overpriced.. Much much better greek restaurants out there.
- Andreas was GREAT!MikeEVIPDined on 8/6/2013While our experience started poorly (No waiter assigned to us), Andreas came to our rescue - it is not often that the restaurant Manager will pick up the slack when the place is busy! Food was terrific - Very Authentic and high quality. We chose to sit in the narrow section with TVs as the main room was 'high energy' aka loud. I suspect this was the reason we had an issue as there was not waiter assigned... EFKARISTO.Special Features:
- The place is amazing includingSamuelDavidDined on 7/31/2013The place is amazing including the decoration. It is very special for a romantic date. Service was great. Me and my partner left very happy. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular gem. ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/25/2013Spectacular gem. Excellent fresh fish. Warm hospitality and outstanding service. The table was exceptional, the fish outstanding and the service terrific.Special Features:
- Fish is exceptional..cookedmarina1978Dined on 7/25/2013Fish is exceptional..cooked to perfection. They bring a big plate with various fishes to your table and they take their time to describe them to you. We chose the Fagri with several side dishes. They paired our dishes with a Crispy wine from Greece. It was a lovely dinner and we will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/24/2013Nice menu, nice choices for lunch, very good value on the wine. We feel like we were in Greece with all these amazing Greek islands pictures, wonderful memories of Greek Isle restaurants flooded into our mind. Truly tasty. Also great value for the lunch menu.Special Features:
- Having eaten in many GreekOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/22/2013Having eaten in many Greek restaurants here and in Greece, I highly recommend Meli. My lamb chops were amazing & the Ekmek was sublime. The ambiance was wonderful,our Server Eduardo was great.Thank you!Special Features:
- Very Happy Birthday celebration !AtahtosnyDined on 7/22/2013We found Meli by accident - the food here is really high end! .the octopus was perfect... The scallops kataifi were phenomenal.... I had a "Fagri" - a 3 lbs grilled whole fresh fish from Greece - it was amazing! My date - and birthday girl - had a whole 2,5 lbs lobster grilled with crabmeat stuffing.... It was the best we ever had! The desserts were all home made and the ex-mek (with a candle!) had a mastiha flavoring and was mouthwatering fresh... The Greek yogurt with the rose petal preserves was outrageous... So simple but so delish!... As to the wine - a well prepared wine list reasonably priced and paired well by the very knowledgeable staff - the maitre D' recommended one superb wine which was also reasonable priced!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/19/2013Gorgeous Decor, Appetizers were very good, Main Dishes were just OK, Music just OK and so loud that all conversation stopped. AC not working... Disappointing for a 2 hour drive into NYC to go out on a Friday night.... Expected more from such a beautiful restaurant.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/15/2013I found this hidden gem through yelp and the rave reviews didn't stear me wrong. Nice decor and the food is always fresh. Service is always friendly and helpful. Portions are a good size and the prices are very reasonable considering the neighborhood. This was my second time there but it has already become a staple for me when I crave delicious Greek food.Special Features:
- The cocktails were terrificLisaDined on 7/6/2013The cocktails were terrific but that was the highlight of the evening. This is a relatively new restaurant and is enormous. The service was terrible. The food was mediocre and the place was practically empty. We will not return.
- Beautiful interior-----ServicedavidVIPDined on 7/2/2013Beautiful interior-----Service seemed a bit slow, and one entree was not what was ordered, but the correct one was delivered quickly. Overall an excellent and welcomed addition to the Murray Hill neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good lunchMTCCVIPDined on 6/27/2013Enjoyed a business lunch at Meli. Had the octopus salad, very tender, but just a bit too salty for my taste. Overall very nice atmosphere and service.
- What a neighborhood gem! FantasticmariapapaDined on 6/25/2013What a neighborhood gem! Fantastic food and great service! The beef short ribs was so tender and delicious and my lamb chops were both generously sized and tasty. Great drinks,try Melitini!!!! We will definitely return - it's a great date spot!Special Features:
- fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/25/2013A fantastic restaurant,spectacular gem. Excellent fresh fish. Warm hospitality and outstanding service. The table was exceptional, the fish outstanding and the service terrific. Special features:Special Features:
- An absolute gem. I had myxristinaki1978Dined on 6/25/2013An absolute gem. I had my birthday dinner here. Warm, cozy, intimate atmosphere. Food is dead on. We ordered the grilled octopus, scallops. For the main course I had the special of the day whole black sea bass(!!!) and it was executed perfectly. The capers, lemon, olive oil drizzle made the dish light, simple, and delicate. I suggest pairing it with their sauvignon blanc. I also tried my friend's tiger shrimps(it was at the size of lobsters!!!!!) .SOOO good. All the dishes were not only healthy but hearty as well; a combination that is hard to comeby nowadays. Thank you Meli for having a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The staff and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/25/2013The staff and service were very good. The restaurant is pretty but the acoustics are terrible. The restaurant was not crowded and we could barely hear each other across the table. The food is very good especially the small plates. I wouldn't call the restaurant Greek as many items you would expect were missing from the menu. I would say the food is more MediterraneanSpecial Features:
- The octopus is to die for.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/20/2013The octopus is to die for. We both loved it and the tuna tartar was a pleasure. Staff were friendly and service was great. My partner loved his cod fish. All in all it was a great night!Special Features:
- AMAZING!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/18/2013Great spot! One of the best Greek restaurants I have ever went to! Highly recommended!
- This is the second time weMandyDined on 6/17/2013This is the second time we have been to Meli and it is a lovely restaurant. The ambiance is elegant and modern. You can actually have a conversation at your table without raising your voice. The food and service were both superb.Special Features:
- Meli is now one of my favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/15/2013Meli is now one of my favorite Greek restaurants in the city. The octopus appetizer was the best I've ever had, the lamp chops served with lemon potatoes was yummy and the grilled fish perfectly cooked. Our server was knowledgeable about the cuisine and the wine service handled by the manager was impressive. Everything was amazing.. P.S. Must try the melitini!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loudAverageJoeDined on 6/12/2013Nice airy atmostphere but hard surfaces reflect so much noise that my guest and I could hardly hear each other. I asked them to turn down the music which helped ... a little. Food was nice.
- MagicOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/10/2013First time at Meli and they are great for preparing food in a simple and healthy way yet the taste is delicious! Everything is grilled their fishes meats and chicken. Their are fantastic. Their Greek yogurt for dessert is Wow!Special Features:
- An awesome food. Very special,katerinaki12Dined on 6/6/2013An awesome food. Very special, unique and healthy. It is worth every penny. Enjoyed not only the food but a great service.Special Features:
- off night?operafanVIPDined on 5/31/2013Our first time -maybe an off night. The dining room is stunning, but twith just two large tables filled (the rest empty), the noise level was too high for us. We moved to the more casual area -- comfortable booths + silent showing of Zorba the Greek, + nice music. Scallops and octopus and spanikopita were excellent. The dorado was very small with little taste. Truffle mashed potatoes were so-so. I asked for lemon 3 times and never got it. My spanikopita was cold the first time and had to be reheated (they said they mixed it up with a special order). Bread and olive oil were bland. So it was a mixed bag. Slow service, very pricey. But the main dining room was spectacular, + most of the food was excellent, so might try it again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic and DeliciousGramercyAreaVIPDined on 5/20/2013This is the second time I've come to Meli, and each time all members of the party enjoyed the meal very much. The atmosphere is comfortable and the food well prepared and served. We will come again and again.Special Features:
- Greek delightOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/13/2013New spot - fabulous food Took a Greek friend who was very impressed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!MargieFVIPDined on 5/11/2013We live in the neighborhood and this was our first time at Meli. It's a beautiful space! Our waiter was very attentive and made the experience even better. The food was delicious and we never felt rushed.Special Features:
- Worth a trip to midtownOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/10/2013The only thing Meli has working against itself is the unfortunate location. Once you are there, you would never guess you are in midtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful, Comfortable & SatisfyingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/9/2013Outstanding space - very clean & simple, yet comfortable & elegant. The decor certainly recalls Greece. The food was very well prepared and unique. Saganaki, for example, is not set aflame tableside. Rather, it cut into thick sticks, cooked to a golden brown and splashed with honey. The scallop appetizer comes in a pretty nest of phylo dough sticks. I ordered a short rib dish served over a mushroom risotto, and I probably could have selected something better. The beef was tasty but the risotto was outstanding. My companions both ordered fish dishes that looked better than mine. Service did not keep pace with the decor or the food. Not bad, but definitely not the level of professionalism that Meli deserves. Would gladly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice greek restaurantVasilyVIPDined on 5/3/2013Very good greek food - octopus and fish are must to take mealsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good on the expressOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/1/2013Food was good on the express lunch menu as well as the regular. Interesting decor with good service. Felt welcome upon arrival witha warm hello etc.Special Features:
- We sort of stumbled on thisBrianVIPDined on 4/20/2013We sort of stumbled on this place and had very little information about it. We love Greek food and our expectations were pretty high. We loved it. The food was really good. Those in our party who had the Moussaka said it was the best they'd ever had. My pork chop was a bit overcooked, but the flavors were out of this world. The appetizers were outstanding. I would recommend the mixed Greek spreads with whole wheat pita. Service was incredibly good and friendly. We will go again.Special Features: