353 Smith Road
Parsippany, NJ 07054Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mymelangerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9738844200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai, Asian
- Executive Chef: Kunga Gurung
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: We cater to corporate and private events and delivery is available for large orders. Party trays are available for your special occasions.
- Private Party Facilities: We have party rooms available that can accommodate from 20 - 100 people.
- Private Party Contact: Shibani Dhanda 9738844200
A word from Melange
Melange is the latest dining sensation to open in Parisppany in Morris County. We serve Asian Fusion cuisine in our own distinctive style covering the whole spectrum of South-East Asian countries. The dinner entrees have a delicious French influence while the wok specials can be cooked to your own personal taste. We are a BYOB restaurant so please feel free to bring to your beverage to enjoy with your meal. For our lunch customers, we serve a four course special from Monday through Friday for only $9! We pride ourselves on taking exceptional care of our customers and will do everything to make you come again and again. Conveniently located on Smith Road, the restaurant can be easily reached from Routes 80, 287, 46 and 10.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Melange reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (3)great for lunch (3)good for groups (2)neighborhood gem (2)Show More
- Hidden Gemnjdiner007Dined on 8/28/2014First time dining at Melange was a great experience. Great table setting with eclectic Asian fusion menu. All of our meals were outstanding. Try the Coconut Shrimp. Not your typical recipe (i.e. fried). Fantastic presentation and outstanding flavors.Special Features:
- Fantastic discovery - we'll be backLuv2eatDined on 8/16/2014We happened upon Melange last year by accident - looking for a restaurant in this area on Open Table to meet family coming from the other direction. This was our third visit. We have been incredibly impressed by the range and quality of their food. We have brought different people with us each time, and all of our guests have been very happy (including my very picky mother, several people who don't eat meat or shellfish as well as our sons/other friends who love to try anything). Outside of the dumpling appetizer which did not impress us, the other 5 apps and 15 entrees we have eaten have all been very good to fantastic (definitely get the Hakka Chili chicken!). we are confused as to why this place is not much busier!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very accommodating! Delicious food!RachelDined on 8/1/2014We had a group of 14 (kids included) and they had our table ready upon arrival. Food was delicious; everyone found something they wanted to try (even picky children). The spicy-ness level was individualized and portions were large enough to share. The Manchurian cauliflower was an excellent appetizer (as noted in many reviews). When the bill came it wasn't itemized, but they accepted multiple credit cards and charged us by our accounting figures for each family (we had multiple families of 4, 3, and a single person). Considering we ordered drinks, appetizers, entrees, and desserts - bill was reasonable. Very friendly and accommodating staff! I reserved online, never having been to Melange, and received a phone confirmation and greeting.Special Features:
- Excellent Asian Food!bdockVIPDined on 6/11/2014I love their food because it's not "dumbed down" as so many places do. They offer mild, medium, and very spicy and the result is what you ordered. My favorites are the Penang chicken, Mongolian beef, and Hakka chile lamb.Special Features:
- The following 38 reviews are from the Melange reviews archive.
- I enjoyed my lunch at Melange.jenjoysfoodDined on 4/2/2014I enjoyed my lunch at Melange. The food was very good, service very good. Great place to go for a work lunchSpecial Features:
- Asian FusionRandolphdadDined on 2/22/2014Excellent selection of Thai and Indian cuisine. The spicy chili lamb was tender and delicious as was the grilled Mahi Mahi. The owner was very pleasant and interested. There were many choices of different curreys (red, green, yellow) at what ever level of spice you wanted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodFabulousDined on 1/31/2014The food and service was excellent. Can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very quiet off beaten pathJasonVIPDined on 12/28/2013This place is always empty, but the food is good. Always fresh and flavorful. I would reccomend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/26/2013This was a last minute dining experiance since our other plans fell through. Whenever we are in the area this is where we will eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad ExperiencemansaDined on 8/3/2013Only diners on a sat evening. Service left a lot to be desired. Food was not as expected since we have dined here before.
- First time there...lynneDined on 7/9/2013gracious hosts and service, excellent food...will return for sureSpecial Features:
- Good Indian Chinese, bad any othersskvqDined on 5/28/2013They should just stick to their expertise - Indian Chinese. The other items on the emnu such as Thai items were horrible.
- food was as per expectation;mansaDined on 4/23/2013food was as per expectation; service left a a bit of bitter taste but satisfies overall.Special Features:
- service was horrible, we (andOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/22/2013service was horrible, we (and other tables nearby) had to wait 20 minutes for a menu and when on the clock for lunch, that is unacceptable. we were in the process of leaving when they brough over a menu
- Interesting Fusion CuisineSusannaFromNewHopeDined on 3/14/2013Food was tasty and interesting, and the music and ambiance were surprisingly pleasant for a strip mall. I thought the prices were a little high for the venue. Also, you should note the restaurant is BYOB, and there are no liquor stores anywhere nearby.
- This is a wonderful restaurant.foodtravelerDined on 3/1/2013This is a wonderful restaurant. The food is "fusion" primarily Asian. Everything is fresh and well prepared. don't miss the cauliflower starter. I also really loved the papaya salad. Shibonni(?) the owner is also the hostess. She is so warm and gracious, you feel as though you are dining in her home.Special Features:
- understaffed. waited for 1-1/2OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013understaffed. waited for 1-1/2 hours. had to eat in 2 minutes to get back to work. I am not going back there again.
- First time visitor. The placePopsVIPDined on 1/15/2013First time visitor. The place was almost empty, but it was late on a Tuesday night. Not planning to return. The menu has little imagination and is composed of 5 ingredients in every dish, just in different combinations. Spicing was overdone on everything. Too much heat to find any flavors - maybe some folks like that. Did not impress.
- This was our third visit tofoodtravelerDined on 12/24/2012This was our third visit to Melange. The food is consistently outstanding and we have enjoyed trying new things. The service is very professional. There were several families with young children but the noise was controlled and our server apologized for it. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Excellent food and the ownersOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/11/2012Excellent food and the owners are extremly friendly and helpful. Highly recommend this place! Can get busy during lunch but that's just a sign of how good it is!Special Features:
- It was our second visit tofoodtravelerDined on 11/9/2012It was our second visit to Melange and they didn't disappoint. It was also their first open day since Hurricane Sandy closed them down. The food and service were terrific. It really is a wonderful Thai fusion restaurant and I look forward to many more meals there.Special Features:
- If you are looking for a neighborhoOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/28/2012If you are looking for a neighborhood avant-garde restaurant that serves flavorful and spicy cuisine - this is the place... Outstanding Indian/asian fusion cuisine. The ambience was intriguing and the service was excellent. But, most important, the food wass better than outstanding. Their ingredients were fresh; you must order one of their salads. Their shrimp served in a coconut bowl is an original - inspiring presentation and the taste will bring you back.Special Features:
- Owner was unprofessionalBacciVIPDined on 8/21/2012Food was ok and if you wish to enjoy a vegetarian meal, there are good choices. I have eaten here primarily for lunch over the past year. We made reservations for dinner through open table. The owner made us very uncomfortable by asking us not to make our reservations directly through open table. She asked us to go to her link from open table to make reservations as it will save her money. She then complained about the per person charge from open table. She made us feel small and had caused them a problem. We will not return.
- Our experience was relaxedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2012Our experience was relaxed and would recommend it highly.Special Features:
- I found Melange to be spectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/17/2012I found Melange to be spectacular I enjoyed the pre-fix dinner menu and everything was very very good. We went out there before a comedy show and really enjoyed the overall experience, although I missed the belly dancing which I heard is something nice to experience. I would recommend this place it's great.Special Features:
- Some appetizers did not tastemansaDined on 8/17/2012Some appetizers did not taste well as they looked undercooked.Special Features:
- The food is pretty good forOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/14/2012The food is pretty good for a neighborhood Asian fusion restaurant. Very reasonably priced and BYBO is a plus.
- Interesting take on "AsianVirguleVIPDined on 1/16/2012Interesting take on "Asian fusion". I had a hot and sour soup unlike any other I've eaten but quite good. Then "Peking duck" unlike any other I've eaten (no pancakes, for one) but still tasty. I'd go back, but not with wild enthusiasm.
- The food was excellent andLovetoeatoutVIPDined on 12/19/2011The food was excellent and the owners couldn't have been sweeter or more gracious and accomodating. While this is a bit out of the way for us, I'm sure we'll be back!Special Features:
- Excellent food. Great saucesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/24/2011Excellent food. Great sauces and very,very attentive serviceSpecial Features:
- very nice place. did loveSteladelaVIPDined on 7/11/2011very nice place. did love it. will return. shibani the owner was delightful and guided us very well w/ food selections. loved it.Special Features:
- The staff could not have beenOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/11/2011The staff could not have been more welcoming, efficient and gracious. We will be back!Special Features:
- Always enjoy dining. GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/5/2011Always enjoy dining. Good lunch specials and nice, intimate setting for dinner. I've have the green curry beef for lunch that included soup, salad, and egg roll. Staff is very attentive and owner very nice and thoughtful. Definitely a good spot to visit if in Parsippany.Special Features:
- They have an unbelievableFoodieVIPDined on 3/4/2011They have an unbelievable $10 lunch deal. Very filling, very tasty. Will be back.Special Features:
- We did not enjoy the experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2011We did not enjoy the experience. Our waiter ( who looked very young) did not know how to uncork our wine bottle-it was an expensive bottle of wine and I had cork pieces in my glass of wine. The food was greasy and the sauces on every dish were too heavy. We will not return!
- I'm not familiar with Parsippany,LovetoeatoutVIPDined on 2/7/2011I'm not familiar with Parsippany, and have not spent much time off of the main roads, so findig Melange after driving through both residential areas and a business park threw me off until I reached the small strip mall where Melange is located. It was a good place to meet a friend for lunch. The $10 lunch special included delicious cauliflower soup, spicy panang chicken, rice and two crispy, thin spring rolls. My friend had a salad with thai chicken and a wonderful dressing on the side. While she found the oddly shaped salad plate hard to eat from, she did enjoy the meal!Special Features:
- Medium size restaurant, comfortableRickVIPDined on 12/21/2010Medium size restaurant, comfortable decor. Large menu of asian/thai food combinations, served to your liking mild to very spicy. Entrees included a chicken dish that came looking more like rice balls than chicken, though the chicken was tasty. Also had the salmon which came with a cream sauce that over wealmed the taste of the fish. Service was the highlight of this visit. We had a 6 o'clock reservation and were the only people in the restaurant the majority of the time we were eating, one other couple, one of which knew the owner, came toward the end of our meal. This restaurant is also lost in what I believe to be a bad location. We will not return, too many good restaurants in the area.
- Exciting menu choices andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/16/2010Exciting menu choices and always excellent food! Great service.Special Features:
- It was the first time I visitedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/8/2010It was the first time I visited Melange. The menu was good and the waitress was very polite. My party and I weren't able to find our waitress after dinner was served and I had a question about my order. That was a little frustrating. The host seemed to have stopped by to check in at our table more. I still would recommend to eat here but next time we'll bring wine as we were unaware of the BYOB rule.Special Features:
- This Asian Fusion restaurantTravelfiendnjVIPDined on 8/28/2010This Asian Fusion restaurant is a wonderful place to enjoy a variety of tastes. The host and hostess make you feel at home and are eager to share their favorites and to suggest dishes you may not have ordered. The place is very pretty. We have eaten here many times, referred many friends and have always been delighted with everything. A great find in an unexpected location!Special Features: