2106 Chartres St
New Orleans,, LA 70116Neighborhood:
CreolePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.melangenola.com/
- Phone: 504 309 7335
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
Dinner: Friday and Saturday 6:00pm - 11pm
Bar: Wednesday ~ Sunday, 6:00pm ~ until
Monday and Tuesday ~~ Closed
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Creole
- Executive Chef: Marcus Thomas
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Jazz, Ragtime and traditional New Orleans music and dance performances.
- Special Events: Melange is the perfect place to host your party. Please contact a manager at the restaurant for pricing and availability.
A word from Me'Lange
Melange is a 1920’s themed restaurant and Speakeasy bar located at the intersection of Frenchmen Street and Chartres Street in the Marigny. We offer french Creole fare in a casual fine dining atmosphere. Melange is a place where locals meet for quality food at local pricing. Live music every Wednesday - Sunday evening.Continued
Melange is within walking distance of most hotels within the French Quarter.
Melange is within walking distance of most hotels within the French Quarter.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Me'Lange reviews from OpenTable diners
- NOLA cuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/1/2013The service was great and our waitress was SO nice and helpful. Live jazz, great drinks and amazing food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- much-needed on FrenchmenCheyDined on 6/1/2013this restaurant combines the best elements of Frenchmen in one location: great cocktails, fine dining and quality musicians. all of the seafood dishes were fresh and flavorful. the service was efficient, warm and extremely accommodating. and so far, it isn't swarming with tourists. As a local i don't go out to Frenchmen much, because i can find good food, music, and drinks elsewhere. but Melange is making me reconsider - i would definitely come here with some friends for a lovely evening of authentic new orleanian pleasures.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experience, great foodskwirl06Dined on 5/26/2013the food here was wonderful and really well-executed. our waitress (stephanie?) was adorable, helpful, and fun. the jazz band was perfect. all-in-all highly recommended!Special Features:
- Great new restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/25/2013Nice, new addition to Frenchmen Street. Great service, great food accompanied by good music. Not the usual crowded smoky venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and serviceBillDined on 5/25/2013Excellent New Orleans style food - loved the seafood dishes. Service was extremely friendly and professional, and made you feel you were a very welcomed customer. An excellent, casual dining experience. Me'Lange is in the heart of the Jazz District. The band playing at Me'Lange was one of the best I've heard in New Orleans. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- I love this place. Crab cakesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/23/2013I love this place. Crab cakes are amazing. One of my favorite restaurantsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is outstandingRoyalbananeDined on 5/18/2013Great quality of food. Service was kind of slow but host and server were really professionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & excellent musicHungryVIPDined on 5/17/2013Great little gem tucked just off Frenchman St. The food was wonderful there was a three piece jazz band playing. It made for a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wow... Food was a delightLynnVIPDined on 5/11/2013We were directed to this place by not only website reviews but also friends who told us the chef used to be the chef at le bec fin in Philly. Well- the recommendation was right on. It's in the Frenchman district- very jazz club like, bands playing on the street, etc. A little ways from bourbon, but walkable and worth it. Everything we put in our mouth was delightful. The shrimp and tomato stack is a must try. The soup was yummy, sausage app a big hit. For dinner you must must try the mushroom pasta and crab cake. I highly recommend utilizing the small plate portion size and trying as much as possible! The torte chocolate cake- melts in your mouth.Special Features:
- Fresh and delicious. ScallopsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/10/2013Fresh and delicious. Scallops martini appetizer sweet tender and yummy. Friendly wait staff- went back the next night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was FUNomenal :)DjLumDined on 5/10/2013Food was fantastic! We went with multiple starters to taste more things. The gumbo was awesome, the Scallops were amazing. I actually ordered another helping. Save room for desert! The old time drinks were ok, but not my favorite. It is in a much better area of New Orleans than Bourbon Street. Lots of fun music places and restaurants without the "seediness"! Highly recommend!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just about perfectMunkusesDined on 5/5/2013Off the beaten path, just a few blocks from the French Quarter. Great food, great jazz, great service. The best overall dining experience we had in NOLA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- funBokaDined on 5/4/2013We were looking for a place to go last minute on Frenchman street. We found a gem. the place is so fun with great music and the food is wonderful... don't miss it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server...Big RedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/4/2013She was outstanding. The restaurant is lucky to have her. She was attentive, helpful and very entertaining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choice for Marigny diningDETravelerVIPDined on 5/4/2013Very large dining area, informal bistro-style decor and table setting. Food varied in quality. My sausage appetizer and shrimp/grits entree were both very good, but my partner's entree was bland, not appealing. This place is a good choice if going to dine in the Marigny district. There are many better places in the Quarter at the same price level, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- have already recommended !MargeDined on 5/4/2013Fun atmosphere for people who dig the music and food scene NOLA has to offer. Went with a group of 8 (7 20-somethings and their mom, me) and the place was a hit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a treat!CindyDined on 5/3/2013Great live music, great food, and fantastic drinks. I came while on a solo vacation to NOLA. They didn't mind someone coming in alone (lots of places do). They set me up at the bar, where I chatted with people from around the world and the servers checked in that I was having a great time. I expected to just eat and find some live music nearby, but I stayed. The house band was incredible, and I felt very welcomed by the locals (one woman who insisted I just stay and see one of the best bands in town). Food...yes, that. One of the few NOLA spots to have something veg. Mushroom pasta and a goat cheese salad. Very well executed and delicious. Large portions too! My tummy, soul, and dancing feet were so happy!Special Features:
- Not Ready for Jazzfest!PatriciaDined on 5/3/2013Last year when we were here for Jazzfest we bumped into Me'Lange and really loved it. Great food, great music, very good service. We are so sorry it was not the same this year. I really think they just did not have enough staff for the volume. The service was terrible. Our food would have been great if it was hot. The base of my chef special grilled fish dish was stone cold. The fish was hot and right off the grill but it was meant to be eaten with the fennel/tomato sauté under it so the special $35 dish was a bust. That was very disappointing.Special Features:
- Good food, great music!JDMDVIPDined on 5/3/2013Me'Lange is a great place to go to enjoy some fabulous Louisiana cuisine while listening to great jazz music! I had the sausage and the gumbo - both of which were delicious. My girlfriend had teh rabbit which was cooked to perfection and tasted amazing! The music was fun, and our server was great. It was busy (and seemed a bit understaffed), but he was quick and attentive the entire time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had an early reservation,ChrisVIPDined on 5/1/2013We had an early reservation, but were somewhat surprised that we were the only people (6) in the restaurant. A couple guys were playing jazz and that was one of the reasons we chose MeLange. They were pretty good. The service and food were very good. I had a salad and the shrimp and grits. One of the best preparations of Shrimp & grits I have ever had. The restaurant eventually filled to capacity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food, great drinks,OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/28/2013Fantastic food, great drinks, knowledgeable and friendly staff , great little jazz band in the corner. We could not have had a better experience.. My new favorite place for dinner in NO.Special Features:
- The food was very flavorful.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/27/2013The food was very flavorful. Produce was not great in one instance. Music was good. No air conditioning and that was a huge problem. Friendly service but a little slow because it was crazy busySpecial Features:
- Food disappointing for NOLAOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/27/2013We had dinner here on our last night in NOLA. My pasta with mushroom sauce was disappointing. It lacked flavour and needed more of a base to the sauce. Our server was perky and service was good. If you are going out on Frenchman St. after, this is a super location. We went to hear John Boutte at DBA a block over. He was incredible.Special Features:
- The food was excellent andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/26/2013The food was excellent and the service even better.Special Features:
- Fun vibrant spot with reallyPRmanVIPDined on 4/26/2013Fun vibrant spot with really good food and spirit. The music by a young jazz group was superb. A great place.Special Features:
- An Awesome ExperienceFredVIPDined on 4/17/2013I've been so looking forward to writing this review. We're frequent visitors to NOLA, but this was our first visit to Me'lange. What a treat! We sampled a couple of their specialty drinks and then went to the soup of the day and their tomato and shrimp salad. Then to the oyster and scallop applies to the exquisite shrimp and grits. All were totally awesome!! Server was very helpful and did an excellent job - top notch. Will definitely look forward to coming back soonSpecial Features:
- A bit too noisy I guessbobsVIPDined on 4/14/2013A bit too noisy I guess I should not go to a speak easy
- We were given a dark table,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/14/2013We were given a dark table, when many with table lamps were unused. This was the only negative. Otherwise, we love this restaurant!Special Features:
- Great example of classic speakeasy.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013Great example of classic speakeasy. Everything is very well done. Cocktail list is great. Our server Jess was just about the best, most knowledgable I have ever had. Cannot complement entire experience enough. Great location in Marigny, just outside hustle and bustle of the Quarter. I highly recommend anyone take a walk through the Quarter to Frenchman St. to visit this area. You will not be disappointed. It's what the Quarter used to be.Special Features:
- Strong Work!TreyDined on 4/10/2013Fantastic food in a great location. Excellent place to impress a date. Very impressed with my overall experience including the food, drinks, and staff. I will definitely return soon.Special Features:
- Me'lange one of the bestNewOrleansFoodLoverVIPDined on 3/30/2013This was our second time at Me'lange, and we had another wonderful time. Our server was "Big Red", who was very nice and took great care of us. We had fun trying the specialty 20's and 30's cocktails. The gumbo, shrimp and Fois Gras were all delicious.Special Features:
- Melange is tucked away justOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/29/2013Melange is tucked away just outside the French Quarter very near Frenchmans Street and about 2 minutes from our hotel in Chartres. We had the best meal of our trip here, in very pleasant surroundings, with very good food and service. The menu is quite short, usually an indication of real cooking in our experience. I especially enjoyed the rabbit dish, but all our choices were good. Not cheap, but good value for money and definitely worth the price. We had a reservation, but this didn't seem to be necessary even over the Easter weekend, although we were quite early at around 7.00pm.Special Features:
- Fantastic Food on Frenchmen StreetOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/27/2013Our food was fantastic. We thoroughly enjoyed the duck, tuna, crab cakes, and creme brulee. The waitress was attentive and offered helpful recommendations. This was a great find near Frenchmen Street jazz clubs.Special Features:
- Great music, a bit priceyOutoftownerDined on 3/24/2013Great music, a bit pricey but it has New Orleans Class!Special Features:
- Great dinner in the MarignyBklndfVIPDined on 3/16/2013We wanted to have an evening in Marigny, and we're glad we started at Melange. The service was friendly, the food was terrific (my wife loved the duck), and the music playing was (mostly) great. I would absolutely recommend the place.Special Features:
- If you review their website,OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/7/2013If you review their website, you are expecting a certain experience. We thought we were in the wrong place. We carefully selected this place to have a unique experience, and unfortunately the place couldn't have had less personality. Their music did not show up that night, cncelled without notice, so the atmosphere was very stale. I have been to many unique New Orleans places, and this is one where I would not return and also not recommend. There are so many better alternatives.
- Excellent food, wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013Excellent food, wonderful atmosphere. Away from all the hooplah of the French Quarter, you are able to enjoy a well made drink, and excellent food in a classy environment. Will be returning soon.Special Features:
- After a long day at a conference,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/2/2013After a long day at a conference, a group of six enjoyed the casual, urban environment of Me'Lange. Food was terrific...definitely try the seared scallops. Plenty of fun drinks. Piano adds a charming touch.Special Features:
- Loved Me'LangeNewOrleansFoodLoverVIPDined on 3/2/2013This was our first time at Me'Lange. Found it on Open Table. The food was outstanding and the service (Rebecca) was wonderful. The 20's and 30's style cocktails were fun. The Fois Gras was marvelous. This is our new favorite place.Special Features:
- We had wonderful service,DandJVIPDined on 3/1/2013We had wonderful service, but admittedly we were there at 730p, whhich is clearly on the early side for this neighborhood. Food was quite good, but you need to ask about sizes of various small plates, which range from 2 scallops to an entire bowl of mussels (which were delicious, by the way). Our waitress brought the wrong dessert, which we had already started eating, so we had both.Special Features: