88 Headquarters Plaza
(3 Speedwell Avenue)
Morristown, NJ 07960Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mehndimorristown.com/
- Phone: 9738712323
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm, Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday, Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pakistani, Indian
- Executive Chef: Chef Uttam Rawat
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Mehndi has a large Catering Menu Selection. We offer this menu for Tray Orders.Please call for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private party options are available on the weekdays and weekends.
- Private Party Contact: Shaun Mehtani 9738712323x3
- Entertainment: Friday & Saturday nights from 7:00pm to 10:00pm, there is a henna (Mehndi) artist on property that does complimentary henna designs for patrons.
- Special Events: We offer packages for Lunch & Dinner Parties. We hold private events for Lunch at Mehndi . Mehndi has a Semi-Private Dining Area known as the" Jewel Room" which is available to hold dinner parties for 40 people and below.Please call for more information.
A word from Mehndi
Mehndi takes traditional North Indian cuisine to a whole new level. The bi-level dining space has a distinctively clean fell to it. Adorned with twenty-three Fourtuny chandeliers, the restaurant’s jewel tones glow as diners enjoy their artfully presented meals. On weekends, Indian henna artists sit on the marble staircase and apply henna to guests as they wait for their traditional Punjabi and Mughlai fare. We offer a corporate buffet lunch from 11:30am to 2:30pm Tuesday through Friday, and a lavish weekend lunch buffet from 12 Noon to 3:00pm on Saturdays and Sundays.Continued
Mehndi Reservations (http://www.opentable.com/mehndi-reservations-morristown?rtype=ism&restref=7779)
Mehndi Reservations (http://www.opentable.com/mehndi-reservations-morristown?rtype=ism&restref=7779)
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mehndi reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (19)good for groups (10)romantic (6)great for lunch (6)vibrant bar scene (6)neighborhood gem (5)special occasion (4)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (3)notable wine list (2)hot spot (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Outstanding. We look forward to each visit Love the bar next door too! The exotic drinks make the mood.Special Features:
- A Diamond of a RestaurantMaharajaVIPDined on 10/9/2014Consistently delicious Indian food for connoisseurs.. not your average hole in the wall curry with recycled food. This is as good as it gets!!Special Features:
- meh...catmusicDined on 9/13/2014'spicy' entree(forgot what it was) not very spicy. pakoras were ok. drinks ok but a bit pricey. and they charged $6 for some rice! i've never heard of that. asked for food to be wrapped. they forgot half of the food. never going back...
- Good food, service was okOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/6/2014Food was good, especially the appetizers! Service was very slow yet the restaurant was not that busy. Took a while to get drinks each round but thats because the lounge next to the restaurant services the drinks and that place was busy. Portions are big so we took food home but they didn't wrap up half of the dish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AngelusDined on 9/5/2014Mehndi was a bit difficult to find at first with an entrance towards the rear of an office building, but once inside it was a very pleasent surprise. The waiting area is a unique circular room with entrances to Mehndi, a trendy bar and another restaurant. We were quickly escourted into Mehndi and brought to our table. The restaurant is decorated beautifully. The wait staff was very friendly and attentive. Most importantly the food was delicious and the portions were ample. It's priced a bit higher than most Indian restaurants I've been to, but the overall quality of the restaurant made it well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale IndianOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/27/2014Very well prepared Indian Cuisine - portions are a nice size for sharing. My only minor complaint was that the vindaloo was not that spicy even though requested to be hot.Special Features:
- Disappointmentpairof8sVIPDined on 8/24/2014The food was disappointing. The best part of the meal was the Naan and Raita(!). Chicken Tikka Masala was just ok, nothing special, and the the Lamb Josh had little flavor except for the nice gaminess of the lamb. The Lamb Kashmiri was a better effort flavor wise, although the saffron over powered the overcooked lamb. The Lamb skewers were a promising appetizer but the Chicken Sixty-Five starter was little more than fried chicken fingers with no flavor. Having had one of the best meals ever at a Notting Hill Indian restaurant in London 5 months ago, this meal paled in comparison. Honestly, we had a better meal at Cinnnamon on Route 10 in Morris Plains 4 months ago......
- Wonderful RestaurantRobinVIPDined on 8/23/2014Delicious food and drinks. Nice size portions and large selection of wine and drinks.Special Features:
- emkdikDined on 8/19/2014excellent food, venue and parking were fine, somewhat pricey but will go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy to findOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2014Wonderful food. Great variety of dishes. So glad we found this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was delicious, service averageOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/5/2014the appetizers were delicious. the service staff is just improperly trained like a lot of other indian restaurants and we had to keep calling them to get our stuff and it certainly wasnt proactiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kajf1954kajpf1954Dined on 8/2/2014Due to Mehndi's office building location they are not in control of their air conditioning. The main dining room with high ceilings and a large crowd made for a warm and stuffy dining experience. Quality of the food was excellent. Service not so good but the staff means well but are just not professional.
- Great foodi8b4uDined on 7/31/2014Mehndi is a great place for lovers of Indian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehndiBhaktipaulDined on 7/30/2014Mehndi is a relaxed yet elegant atmosphere. I arrived at 7:30 PM and the waiter took my order right away. Other than water, I wasn't served anything for the next 35 minutes. Finally my entrees arrived and it was worth the wait! I had Sarson Jalpari, a mildly spicy sautéed tilapia dish with rice and Pudina Paratha (paratha with mint). It was absolutely delicious! Following the meal I had pistachio kulfi, which was way to end a wonderful meal. I travel for a living and eat at many Indian restaurants around the country. I must say I look forward to coming back to the Morristown, NJ area and dining at Mehndi again. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best IndianLNMFoodLoversVIPDined on 7/24/2014We returned to Mehndi after trying other Indian restaurants in NJ and remembered - Mehndi's is the best. With excellent service, fresh ingredients, and delicious dishes, Indian food lovers will find a treat here. The extensive cocktail menu is fun to review and select an unusual drink. A bit higher priced than most, but the portions are generous for your next-day lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Traditional IndianBBFishDined on 7/11/2014An overall good experience with attentive service. We dined early so the restaurant wasn't busy. Food was good. Will order spicy next time as the medium lacked a little flavor but generally tasty. Validated parking is a bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 339 reviews are from the Mehndi reviews archive.
- Best Indian Food AroundMargalDined on 6/21/2014Mehndi offers the best Indian food around. I especially recommend the "Basil Chicken" appetizer, and for the main dish, the "Chicken Tikka Masala." They are to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Indian restaurantraygunVIPDined on 6/15/2014Went to Mehndi's for Father's Day. Our first time there although we had been to its predecessor Moghul in Morristown. We didn't see our waiter for about 10 minutes so I became concerned, but once he showed up, he did a great job. They say you can always know the quality of an ethnic restaurant by the number of people of that ethnicity that you see dining there. On Father's Day, the place was full of Indians presumably because they like it. I concur with them that Mehndi is top-notch, expertly prepared, delicious Indian food. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Good food, indifferent serviceCLSIMONDined on 6/7/2014The food was quite good--lots of flavor. The appetizer of pakora was not up to the standard of the two main courses that we had. The vegetables in the pakora were so lacking in flavor that it would have been difficult to identify what they were if you were blindfolded. The spinach kofta had plenty of flavor and was at a good level of spiciness. We asked for the chicken chettinad to be spicy, but it was too mild and the chicken was overcooked. As this was our first visit to this restaurant, we asked our server for advice. He acted as though our questions were an imposition.
- Date NightColonelJDined on 6/7/2014Last Saturday night was Date Night for us. My wife and I went to a place in Morristown, NJ we never visited. We were on the way to the movies. We chose Mendhi for a couple of reasons. First of which, it was close to the movie house, actually in the same building. Secondly, we like Indian food and one of my wife’s colleagues recommended this many months ago. What a wonderful surprise. Whatever else you’ve heard, the food is superb and the service was pleasant, attentive and knowledgeable. Great meal, superb folks and wonderful ambience, please go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Indian FoodBChaseDined on 5/25/2014Food is consistently great, service is consistently great and atmosphere is beautiful! One of our all time favorite restaurants!Special Features:
- pmccroskVIPDined on 5/20/2014The food was very well prepared traditional Indian specialties...not innovative but very good..... The ambiance was somewhat depressing
- Recommend Mehndi2fromHardwickNJDined on 5/17/2014Great bar connects Mehndi with its sister restaurant Ming II. Very attentive staff, cool vibe, excellent drinks. Mehndi was a little more casual than I had recalled, but the food was outstanding. The only problem was that our food server spoke very softly and was difficult to hear all the time. Overall all was good and fun experience, from the Hostess, bar staff to the serving staff. I would recommend the Mehndi experience. Enjoy!Special Features:
- RajeshOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014Overall good was good. We asked to make it spicy but both the times we got no spicy food. The waiters were not polite enough as expected. Reception was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- waste of moneyfoodloverDined on 5/11/2014We went for mothers day lunch. Food was cold. No service at all. I ask for naan (indian bread) and never received. Which they advertise for lunch. "Bread on your table" There was no plate we have to wait for plate. Rice was empty. All this at busy lunch time of 1.00 pm.Special Features:
- Not run of the milldiner21Dined on 5/3/2014A much better than average Indian restaurant and nice for a date night. The dishes here appear authentic and have very clearly differentiated flavor profiles, unlike most Indian restaurants I've been to. I really love one of the less expensive items on the sides menu - Sundal, warm baked chickpeas with mustard seed. The Tandoor dishes are also terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodKimSVIPDined on 4/30/2014Mehndi is consistently excellent. The service is great and we are always pleased with the food.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/15/2014We had a group of 15. Excellent service, menu recommendations and food for our large group. Will be back.Special Features:
- High Quality Indian RestaurantKingCurryDined on 4/5/2014My wife and I went with another couple for dinner at 7:30 on Saturday night. It was busy but not overloaded. Staff were very efficient and friendly and we had a pre-drink at the bar. The bar was a bit dark but was was good apart from not having any carbonated water. The restaurant menu had tremendous choices and all the food we had was very well prepared and delicious. Best of all were the Sea Bass and the Chicken Madras! I marked the ambience score down a bit as our table was in the corner on the way to the kitchen which was not ideal. There was also no coffee or tea available that night due to equipment breakdowns which was not good. Despite these snags, overall, we enjoyed the meal and everyone said they would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Indian Favorite!TCW2Dined on 3/23/2014Best Indian food in Morris County! I have not had anything as good outside of London. Truly exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Standing the Test of TimeMaharajaVIPDined on 3/7/2014With all the new restaurants opening up around town, its great to see this place is still busy and delicious!! So wonderful, flavorful, and the service is pretty awesome (IMO)Special Features:
- great food very priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/16/2014Il took my fiance here to eat on a Sunday night for dinner the decor and lighting were perfect very romantic . The food was great we had the chicken tiki Masala and lamb VIndaloo, both were very good. Usually most Indian restaurants give you basmati rice with the entrees, not here it is extra you must order a side of rice. This was a little annoying considering it seems like rice should come with it how much the entrees cost $16 & up. we had a drink each, $12 each,and were very small ( about 5ounces) . Our bill came out to $100 , way too much considering ive had the same meal just as good if not better at my local indian restaurant for under $40. But you are in Morris town so if u dont mind being gouged a little then this place is okSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!ChezClaudeDined on 2/16/2014We hadn't been there for several years and decided to go on a cold snowy night. The food was better than we remembered and we will definately go back!Special Features:
- Delicious dining!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2014Great find!!! We really loved our meal! The menu had lots of options, the specialty drinks were delicious, and the service was fantastic!!! We highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who appreciates fine Indian dining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DayDavid1210Dined on 2/14/2014Pros: Food was good enough but too much in price (generic indian food) Good presentation and effort shown Friendly staff (to a certain extent) Cons: Well here is where it gets a bit odd. If you bring your girlfriend to this place then be prepared to tell the waiter to "look here I'm talking to you not my girlfriend" my biggest problem was our waiter eyed women more than he cared about service. Got to a point where I had to ask him to politely stop. Retrospective: If you are going here with a family I am sure it will be fine. However, on a date if you come here then I would find another spot
- sVALENTINE'S DINNERJoy123Dined on 2/14/2014Very convenient location, excellent vegetarian entrees, and fabulous pre-dinner drinks at M23 made our Valentine's Day truly special. It is challenging to find a place in New Jersey for a romantic dinner that has true vegetarian options so Mehndi's is much appreciated for offering this opportunity for fine ethnic Indian vegetarian dining. Would recommend it to everyone who enjoys Indian cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant, authentic scene.FoodieRB14Dined on 1/31/2014Pleasant, authentic scene. Great Indian food...I just wish the waiter would have taken some time to explain the menu and/or dishes because I just ended up going with something safe. Creative cocktails!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently excellentNJdinerVIPDined on 1/25/2014Mehndi continues to be an oustanding dining experience offering superior service and food. It never dissapoints and offers the best Indian food in northern New Jersey served by a trasined and proffesional wait staff. The food can exceed expectations starting with the appetiziers and carrying through to the entres. There are no misses here-Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance and foodhungrycrewDined on 1/18/2014We took foodie friends to Mehndi for dinner. The parking and entrance was a bit confusing as you need to walk into a large atrium to get to the restaurant. Once you open the doors to Mehndi you are in a different world. Its beautifully decorated in an eclectic way. We came in hungry and over ordered the amount of food. Among other things, we tried a samosa sampler, a naan sampler, mixed Tikka grill(shrimp, lamb and chicken), a cauliflower and potato vegetarian dish, a tilapia dish (with two different rice dishes). Needless to say we had way too much food (we had a take home bag) . Everything was delicious and well presented. The portion sizes were generous which made it perfect for sharing. We would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Better than India!NonameReviewerVIPDined on 1/11/2014Having spent about five weeks traveling in India --- both north and south --- I find Mehndi's food to be better than almost anything I ate on the subcontinent. It is many steps above the typical fare in NJ Indian restaurants too. (Of course, its prices are, too.) I've never had a disappointing meal here, or even a disappointing dish.Special Features: