817 7th St NW
Washington, DC 20001Neighborhood:
H Street Corridor
IndianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mehakdc.com/
- Phone: 2024089292
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pakistani, Indian, Contemporary Indian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Takeout
A word from Mehak
Mehak (Aroma) is a fine dining restaurant located in Chinatown (between Verizon and Convention Center), serving authentic Indian Tandoori (charcoal-grilled) and Mughlai dishes. Warm setting, friendly service and traditional curriesContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mehak reviews from OpenTable diners
- The establishment needs toNajaDined on 3/8/2014The establishment needs to be updated. However, the food was good.
- Worst ExperienceYummyVIPDined on 2/25/2014I have been to a few Indian restaurants that are considered to be hole in the wall, and the service and food is amazing. We tried Mehak in Chinatown area and it is a huge disappointment. Food was blah and the service was awful. We sat for 15 minutes to get water, it took 5 minutes to get the food (microwave style???), then we waited for another 30 minutes to get our check. The place was not even full.
- Excellent Indian food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/22/2014I dined there with a friend and from the moment we opened the door, we were greeted and seated. The server answered all of our questions regarding the menu and was very attentive. Our water glasses were always filled, our plates were cleared from the table promply and the food was amazing. I really like the vegetarian options. The staff gives off a very family-oriented feeling because we were assisted and checked on by several people, not just our server. I would highly recommend this place and will definitely dine there again. The location is also ideal near the verizon center and the gallery place metro stop. This place really knows what they are doing and I hope more people stop by to enjoy their delicious cuisine and awesome staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Despite having a reservation,AaaaaaaVIPDined on 2/21/2014Despite having a reservation, I stood in line for 25 minutes waiting to be seated. I was ignored the whole time. I finally gave up and left and found another place to eat that evening.
- Good, not GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014We had a good, reasonably priced dinner here. I wouldn't say it was anything special, but a good place for a quieter dinner, just away from the noise and bustle of the rest of Chinatown. The food was good, service was good, prices were reasonable. It is small and the tables were a little crowded, but it wasn't too busy at 6:30 on a Friday so it didn't bother us. The decor and ambience are nothing special.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going back? Don't know about Mehak!GastroEclecticoDined on 2/6/2014We are avid fans of Indian Cuisine & are almost always looking for new or untried eateries. My Daughter was in town on biz so we treated her to her 1st Indian meal here near her hotel. Not the best place for firsties in delectable foods Indian Cuisine. Although by no means bad, it was not the best, or even close to the best we’ve experienced – especially with so many fine Indian Restaurants in the DC Area! Overall, the service was very good, we were pleasantly taken care of, questions were well answered, but unfortunately, if you have experienced true and well prepared Indian Cuisine, and thoroughly enjoy it – this is not the place for you. The complete experience was not a loss, as half the experience is with the company you keep!Special Features:
- Nice servers, very convenientOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/5/2014Nice servers, very convenient location, and accommodating to dietary needs.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food for a reasonable priceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/31/2014Reasonably priced alternative to the higher priced Penn Quarter restaurants. We found the samosas and vegetable curries to be particularly good. When taking your order the wait staff will ask you for your heat level preference: mild, medium or hot. All members of my party had their preference honored.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quiet placeGetawayVIPDined on 1/26/2014I had a nice dinner in this little restaurant. I had the Kings feast, a sampling of several tasty dishes. It was just right for the evening adventure.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Little PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/18/2014The restaurant is located a block from the Verizon Center in downtown DC. It's not fancy - the decor is simple, but fine. The staff was very friendly ,but the service was a bit slow. We ordered wine and 2 kinds of naan (one garlic and one spinach) to start with. Both naans were very good, although kind of pizza-like. Still, delicious. We had the baked eggplant (a little spicy), the tandoori half-chicken (juicy and flavorful) and the lamb masala (also very good). This would be a good place for a low-key lunch or dinner, or for takeout if you live nearby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mehak is mehOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/12/2013The food was okay, but certainly not great. I ordered the vegetarian biryani, and it was bland. the only vegetables were carrots, green beans, corn and peas. The cocktail (mangotini) was really not good. the wait for the dinner was about 30 minutes, even though the restaurant was less than 1/4 full. the servers were attentive, but the kitchen delay was inexcusable. There are lots of options in DC for excellent Indian food. This is sadly not one of them.
- Good food but poor serviceSMRRDined on 11/25/2013It took 30 mins for them to take our order and only the main guy was allowed to take order apparently. We had the Indian thali which was overall good. But the service left a poor taste in mouth.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceCarrieBDined on 11/21/2013Great food, attentive service, and a warm cozy atmosphere. We will go back to Mehak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.