Trump World Tower
845 UN Plaza
New York, NY 10017Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.megurestaurants.com/
- Phone: 2129647777x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday- Friday 12:00 - 3:00
Tuesday- Saturday 6:30-10:00
Sunday - Monday, Closed.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Japanese, Asian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For inquiries on outside catering, please contact Events Dept. at 212.964.2171 x114.
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining and cocktail reception spaces available to suit every party size. We will ensure your special occasion is one to remember.
- Private Party Contact: Jaime Davalos 2129642171x114
- Special Events: For inquiries, please contact Events Dept. at 212.964.2171 x114.
A word from Megu Midtown
With a well-deserved reputation for spectacular food and attentive service, Megu's innovative Japanese cuisine will delight your aesthetic senses and awaken your taste buds. Alongside some of the freshest sashimi and sushi, Megu offers soups and salads, seafood and is most well-known for it's Waygu Kobe beef. All dishes are made with the freshest ingredients available. Megu's Kobe beef, prepared in 'precise medium rare slices' was hailed in The New York Times as 'delectably, meltingly tender andContinued
rich as it can get.
A sommelier is always on hand to help choose from the award-winning list of 600 wines and 60 sakes and pair the perfect complement to your dinner.
rich as it can get.
A sommelier is always on hand to help choose from the award-winning list of 600 wines and 60 sakes and pair the perfect complement to your dinner.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Megu Midtown reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (19)romantic (16)fit for foodies (10)neighborhood gem (9)good for groups (7)great for lunch (5)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (2)notable wine list (2)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great for dining -- but tooLeboDined on 8/6/2013Great for dining -- but too expensive for regular lunch... Hence, I always look forward to restaurant week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over ratedxboxDined on 8/5/2013I heard rave reviews of Megu.. A friend from out of country was visiting and we were quite disappointed... We both enjoyed the wine but that's it. I had better similar dishes at others restaurants. I didnt see anything that representated The infamous Megu. Sorry we will not returning...Special Features:
- I would recommend TriBeCaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/5/2013The menu was falling apart and it was too warm. Had to ask the waiter twice to raise the AC. The TriBeCa location is defiantly a lot nicer. But over all the Kobe was still fabulous.
- Great food. Lacking service.KenV99VIPDined on 8/4/2013I ate here with a friend and we were using a voucher from Gilt for a four course tasting menu. This immediately caused confusion for the server. Then we were told that the hostess was going to help. We were starving and asked what the courses were actually going to be. No one seemed to know. The servers kept asking to see my phone as if it was going to tell them what to serve. We were about to order something in addition to the voucher just so that we could eat ANYTHING. Finally, they seemed to be able to figure it out. After that, the food was brought out promptly and was very good, but a bit touristy with lights in the ice of the dishes. In the end we still enjoyed ourselves despite the rocky beginning.
- Midtown heavenSnejniibarsDined on 8/2/2013We loved everything about this place, from the elaborate decor, to the service and the food! The yellowtail carpaccio was the best I ever had in my life and will be one of my treasured food memories. We all ordered the Megu Bento Platter and were delighted as each piece was beautifully presented and delicious! . The Gindara Cod was outstanding and my absolute favorite. The Kobe steak was as described by all reviewers - exceptional and I am highly recommending it! The kobe beef croquette had the lightest and in the same time the crunchiest batter I tasted..... The Yuzu creme brulee was good, but not wow, as the burnt crust was soft unfortunately, which made me a bit sad . The chocolate cake was dry and disappointing. I will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So so GreatJustinMemeDined on 8/1/2013The decorations are so nice, the service was perfect and the food was extraordinary!! I am a sushi lover and there I ate one of the best sushi in my life!!!!!! My boyfriend ordered a steak (not keen on sushi) and that was so good too. It was served in a spectacular way!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I went to Megu for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/1/2013I went to Megu for dinner during restaurant week. The decor is beautiful and the service was outstanding. I thought that the food was very good, however the portions were very small. I would go back to Megu Midtown for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Slow serviceMignonDined on 8/1/2013The food was great as usual, but the service was quite slow and they mixed up our appetizer order. it took a while for the bill to arrive and we had to rush back n the rain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week GemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/2013The choices were delectable. I felt full but not beyond full. I went with 3 girlfriends so we were able to get all 4 dessert choices. These were probably the highlight of the meal. Chocolate cake, cheesecake, creme Brulee (my favorite) and mango cake. They weren't too big and having a little bite of each was easy on my diet! The sushi was pretty good but it was nothing to rave about. My friends all got he Kobe beef and the presentation and taste were amazing! Appetizers of salad were light and airy. I loved getting to try out a fancy restaurant for a total of $51 (included tax and tip after $38 restaurant week charge). Only downfall - Japanese restaurants usually give FREE hot green tea with your meal, but our green tea was $8 a teapot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Poor ServiceMW24VIPDined on 7/30/2013The food is very good but the service was lacking for such an expensive restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/30/2013We had the Restaurant Week menu which was fine but not outstanding. We did not taste anything that would justify the high prices that would normally apply. We were also presented with the check before we asked for it, a no-no for a restaurant with pretentions to elegance.Special Features:
- This was my second visit andMignonDined on 7/30/2013This was my second visit and the service was much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerHappyDined on 7/29/2013This was my second visit to Megu. The first visit was for lunch and this visit was for dinner. Dinner was just as excellent as lunch in terms of food and service, but the atmosphere was even better because it was night time. The interior of the restaurant is really lovely. There was enough buzz for the place to feel vibrant, but it was quiet enough to have meaningful conversation. The food was delicious and beautifully presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a GoodJakeVIPDined on 7/29/2013Megu is one of the biggest and high-end japanese restaurant in nyc. However do not expect too much. If you want to go high-end japanese restaurant, megu is not a right choice.Special Features:
- very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/29/2013good service. The steak is very delicious and I love it. Even the rice is very delicate and I like very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My friend and I had dinnermochamochaVIPDined on 7/28/2013My friend and I had dinner there and both of us ordered Restaurant week menu. The food was just O.K., nothing was really impressed us at all.... and portion is so little. Main dish was Kobe beef, but I did not see that meat tastes like REAL KOBE BEEF... just beef.... :( And they served tiny 5 or 6 slices... I do not recommend this place for GOOD FOOD at all. They overcharged for both food and drinks.... one glass of wine is $22!!!! You can find other restaurants which serve better food and lower costs in NYC.Special Features:
- Come for restaurant week dinner.EstelleVIPDined on 7/26/2013Come for restaurant week dinner. The miso cod is really tender and of full flavor. I like it very much. Cobe beef is just so so though. Strawberry short cake is nice too. New york cheesecake and chocolate cake are just normal standard. However, the seeervice is VERY VERY slow. Waited a long time between two courses. Also, they forgot rice that should come with main entree! I didn't expect this kind of service at Megu. After negotiation, they offered to make up for this by drink, but we opted for another dessert.
- The food was great - thisgourmetDined on 7/25/2013The food was great - this is a keeper. They just need to pay attention to the orders.Special Features:
- Good food, but some issuesNickDined on 7/24/2013First off, each dish was not as advertised. If it says crispy shrimp, you'd expect crispy, if it says yuzu creme brûlée, you'd expect yuzu flavor. Second, the crispy shrimp appetizer was very one-note: sweet. The cod was perfectly cooked (although not cod), but a very one-note sweet glaze. Finally, the 4 pieces of veggies on the side of the cod should have been phenomenal. They weren't. I don't think there was even salt or oil.
- OverpricedJennyDined on 7/23/2013The food was okay, but it was pretty overpriced. I felt incredibly rushed even though there were practically no other diners. I was served my entree while I was only halfway through my appetizer salad that was served on a really big plate. I ordered the Kobe Beef that was a tiny portion (I expected this) on a huge wooden tray, so I had to give up 1/3 of the salad because it just looked really awkward to have more than one of those things on the small table we were seated at. The Yuzu Creme Brulee was really good and the only thing I didn't have to worry about not getting to finish because my friend ate it slowly. But right when she was about to finish, they promptly came with the check asking if they could clear our dishes.Special Features:
- Beef was overcooked and notOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/22/2013Beef was overcooked and not as tender as previous visit but yellow was excellent.Special Features:
- Excellent ExperienceHappyDined on 7/22/2013The menu choices were excellent, the food was delicious and beautifully presented, and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Megu is more than I expectedMrRandallDined on 7/17/2013We chose the 7-course menu (Omakase and Osusume)--and each course was beautiful to look at and presented exquisitely. If I had to be critical, I was not a fan of the MEGU Oriental Salad (3rd course), however, the sashimi on it and the dressing was delicitous. What I didn't like was the peanuts--I love the contrast and combination, however, it is so difficult eating peanuts with chop stickes. A minior set-back. The Sweet Five was the best dessert I've had in a restaurant like Megu's in a long time. It looked absolutely delicious and tasted even better. The service was fantastic--impeccable. Our dinner lasted a little over 2 hours--and I was glad both for the experience and not feeling rushed to leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Not GreatBetsyKMVIPDined on 7/9/2013Everything was fine...but the grandiosity of the decor and the prices suggested something much more fabulous than what emerged.Special Features:
- Everything was just amazing.Angela27Dined on 7/9/2013Everything was just amazing. The detail to the food and appearance cannot be beat. Wish the space was larger but it was still greatSpecial Features:
- Great food experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/3/2013Best sushi I've had anywhere, fantastic service. The sashimi inside an ice igloo was probably the highlight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seatingRaehelDined on 6/28/2013Megu's selection is great as alway. The seating arrangement is interesting. If you like to people watch request to sit upstairs toward the front. You will overlook the downstairs dining area and sushi bar which provides a quick lesson in food preparation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The venue is lovely and theSherylVIPDined on 6/28/2013The venue is lovely and the presentation is gorgeous. Service was excellent, and the prix fixe menu offers good selections and delicious dinners. Asparagus and shrimp were both good starters; steak and cod were delicious. Green tea crepe is unbelievable!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is so slow!!!happyskyDined on 6/28/2013It is so pricy! The service is sooooooooo slow while one course follow another.Special Features:
- Customer ServiceOishiiDined on 6/28/2013Receptionist can be more passionate, smile friendly and professional. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Innovative Japanese cuisine;LuciaDined on 6/25/2013Innovative Japanese cuisine; excellent service, atmosphere has an upscale, magical elegance to itSpecial Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/11/2013A great dining experience. We actually sat next to the owner of the restaurant. Could not have had a better meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- east side japanese gemraquelleVIPDined on 6/4/2013A pity the restaurant cannot be seen from the street, as it is truly beautiful inside. Attentive service, excellent menu and delicious food. The sushi/sashimi platter and Kobe beef grilled at the table were perfect, and the green tea crepes for dessert were delectable. A change in the background music might be a good idea.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Megu ExperienceRobin410Dined on 5/30/2013We purchased a Gilt City dining voucher for the 7 course tasting menu. The best course was the Edamame Soup with Rosemary. It was creamy and delicious. The dessert, consisted of an assortment of things which were quite tasty. The green tea cake was not too sweet and very light.. Although each course seemed quite small, at the end we were definitely satisfied. The service was outstanding. The wait staff was quite attentive and even from across the room noticed that I had dropped my chopstick and ran over with a replacement. The decor was nice with a corporate feel and the noise level was moderate. You definitely can carry on a conversation with out yelling or competing with others. I would recommend this restaurant for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining Experience!Aquagem620VIPDined on 5/24/2013I had a wonderful experience at your restaurant yesterday afternoon. I felt very welcomed by all of the staff. Everyone was very friendly and super attentive. The food was delicious! Highly recommended. I will dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good and inovative,OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/21/2013The food was good and inovative, but the total bill came out very high.Special Features:
- Great Food, great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/21/2013My friend and I had a wonderful night at Megu last Monday. We each did a tasting menu and the food was excellent. The courses were well paced and beautifully presented. Our waiter, I can't recall his name exactly, Tarih (something like that) was so nice, attentive (but not overbearing--just right) and he made excellent suggestions for wine & food. We met the manager and the head sushi chef and they were so nice too. Everyone seemed to really care that we had a great time. I would absolutely go back!Special Features:
- A paragon for Asian foodnybebbiVIPDined on 5/20/2013One of my favorite restaurants. Excellent food, quality service and a nice atmosphere where - and this a rare find in Manhattan - you can actually have a conversation at a normal voice level. You need a little time however, because it is the opposite of fast food. But then again, everything is freshly prepared.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moderrn and elegantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/18/2013Atmosphere and food presentation are Wow. Great drinks list too. Perfect for expense account meals.Special Features:
- worst experience ever.KennixDined on 5/11/2013Bad food, terrible service, the waiters didn't even remember what we ordered. Compared to their price, it's totally not worth a try. We spent the most unhappy birthday dinner with our friends. If you value your time and money, do not even think of coming.