Trump World Tower
845 UN Plaza
New York, NY 10017Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.megurestaurants.com/
- Phone: 2129647777x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday- Saturday 6:30-10:00
Sunday - Monday, Closed.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese, Asian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For inquiries on outside catering, please contact Events Dept. at 212.964.2171 x114.
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining and cocktail reception spaces available to suit every party size. We will ensure your special occasion is one to remember.
- Private Party Contact: Jaime Davalos 2129642171x114
- Special Events: For inquiries, please contact Events Dept. at 212.964.2171 x114.
A word from Megu Midtown
With a well-deserved reputation for spectacular food and attentive service, Megu's innovative Japanese cuisine will delight your aesthetic senses and awaken your taste buds. Alongside some of the freshest sashimi and sushi, Megu offers soups and salads, seafood and is most well-known for it's Waygu Kobe beef. All dishes are made with the freshest ingredients available. Megu's Kobe beef, prepared in 'precise medium rare slices' was hailed in The New York Times as 'delectably, meltingly tender andContinued
rich as it can get.
A sommelier is always on hand to help choose from the award-winning list of 600 wines and 60 sakes and pair the perfect complement to your dinner.
rich as it can get.
A sommelier is always on hand to help choose from the award-winning list of 600 wines and 60 sakes and pair the perfect complement to your dinner.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Megu Midtown - Best Restaurants in Midtown East ›
Megu Midtown reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (17)romantic (15)fit for foodies (7)neighborhood gem (6)good for groups (4)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- TariqDined on 8/21/2014I am a huge fan of Megu on Thomas St. but was very happy to know of the Midtown location as it is a few blocks from my flat and a great venue for me to invite friends to a great and convenient eatery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a must!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/15/2014Great food, great service, the ambience is beautifulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ambiencefinedinerDined on 8/13/2014Really good food and service. The presentation was spectacular and the food was the right portionSpecial Features:
- Megu For Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/7/2014Had a lovely experience during Restauant Week. Was impressed with the options and portion size. Slightly disappointed rolls were not part of the offering - but we ordered a specialty roll a la carte and it was worth it!Special Features:
- Used to be goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/5/2014I've been to this restaurant 3 times in the last year. What I've notice is the quality of service and food has gone down. First time (during August 2013 restaurant week), I went the waiter was very helpful and energetic, sushi and sashimi was fresh, and the food was very delicious, especially Kobe Sirloin "Kagero" Steak . Second time (April 2014), food was delicious, sushi was not as fresh, and the waiter wasn't so excited to be working. Third time (tonight for dinner for restaurant week) , sashimi was not fresh, took 30 minutes after appetizer to get entree, Kobe Sirloin "Kagero" Steak was rare, instead of medium rare, and had several waiters. The only thing good was the dessert, which is always good.Special Features:
- overpriced foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Food was not worth the value, kobe steak tastes like a regular piece of meat from the supermarket. We were told that the credit card machine want working, had to walk 3 blocks in hot humid weather to find an atm, only to come back and be told that they finally fixed the machine. Drinks were completely without any alcohol, 15 dollars for juice is what it felt like I was paying.
- Lovely EveningPurpleDotDined on 8/1/2014Megu's consistency in serving good food makes it my choice whenever the burden of choosing a restaurant falls on me. They have not let me down and it was the same for this trip. My friends and I went for Restaurant Week and enjoyed every aspect of our meal. Everything tasted good and presentation was delightful. We all liked the appetizers we ordered - crispy asparagus, salad with tofu and another one we can't remember. The steak main dish was our favorite. The branzino and salmon were nice as well. For dessert, we had the creme brulee, raspberry mousse and mango cheesecake. All were nice and light.Special Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014It's in my new neighborhood gem! Can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week :(FoodLoversDined on 7/25/2014Food was average. We went there with great expectations to enjoy an exceptional culinary experience. The food was just ok. Something I could have eaten at any average restaurant. We were not impressed at all. Tiny portions with a blend taste of food just seemed completely overpriced even for the "pre-fixed" menu. We actually ended up ordering additional maki's that were not good at all. Overall, very disappointing experience.
- So disappointedJoopyDined on 7/24/2014For the price you pay (which is high!) this was truly a disappointment. I looked up the menu prior and was so excited! Then as each dish came it became less and less exciting. The okaki asparagus had zero flavor. The Kobe and foie gras croquettes were blah. Over priced meatballs. The spicy toro tuna tartare was marginal. The omakase sashimi served in an igloo was a beautiful presentation and was decent. The hot stone filet mignon was delicious but you'd need two to make a meal and for $50 that would make even a bigger dent in your wallet. Service was terrible. Had to keep flagging down our waiter but food came very quick once ordered. All in all, it was just fair. Nobu is a way better place for the same price if not less.
- Great sushi, maybe on a cold nightlarrygoestodinnerDined on 7/23/2014Great menu and everything we order was well prepared and perfectly timed. Unfortunately the steak was not as expected - though well-prepared it lacked any particularly flavor. The sushi was indeed excellent. The greatest problem ended up being the temperature and atmosphere of the restaurant; in a very warm and rainy night, the inside was particularly wet and very very warm.Special Features:
- A/COpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/23/2014Food was good but a/c was not working. I recommend steak and chicken for main dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was the ac broken?!?!RobRiverDined on 7/23/2014Let me start off by saying that this was not my first time here. Our first restaurant week experience was excellent, so my wife and I decided to go back. From the minute we entered, we realized that it was hot and stuffy. The couple next to us also noted the lack of air conditioning. The first thing I noticed was the overly used silverware. It was a total turn off. Personally, when you dine out in places like these, you expect an experience. There was not experience here. The food was less than stellar. I had the Spicy Toro Tuna Tartare, the Kobe Steak, and Yuzu Creme Brulee. All the dishes were nothing special.
- soppy777Dined on 7/23/2014It was TOO HOT. For a top notch restaurant not having adequate air conditioning was sinful. Was uncomfortable through the entire meal. It took away from enjoying the whole experience. (july 23rd). Despite having reservations, the woman asked us if we wanted to sit at the sushi bar on arrival.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/12/2014Best restaurant I've been so far this year. It's beautiful inside I feel like I'm into another world. Love the way they prepare the food. Presentation is everything👌Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Megu-lecker & Megu-geil :-)michkriskalDined on 5/29/2014As a former employee of Megu in Gstaad, Switzerland, curiousity leads me to trying the 2 Megu Restaurants in New York. Food is exceptional, as always & expected. I had the shrimp tempura with green tea salt, kobe beef carpaccio with sesame emulsion, some chu toro, oh toro, unagi, ikura sushi as well as the crispy salmon roll. I topped that off with the amazing green tea crepe. Heaven. :-DSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1088 reviews are from the Megu Midtown reviews archive.
- ROMANTIC PLACESMILEYDined on 4/18/2014FOOD IS GOOD, IS A VERY QUIET ROMANTIC PLACE, GOOD FOR COUPLES. SERVICE WAS GOOD, WAITER WAS VERY FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected Moreworld1travVIPDined on 4/16/2014Food Omakase not special enough for the price despite ample courses - a pity
- Not the right place to goOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/2/2014terrible location, empty restaurant, service was inexistant, only the food was good... Their downtown location is all the oppositeSpecial Features:
- DisappointedpoissonDined on 3/28/2014This is not Megu downtown! Food was tasteless and sevice was unprofessional. I had to wait for my lamb chops while my daughters stared at their sushi entrees. Then when the lamb came it was raw and I had to wait some more . It would have been okay if the food was decent. We love the downtown restaurant but in midtown the standards and the quality were not there . and it was not cheap . Also when I arrived the seats had dried food on them and the table had crumbs which I dusted off with my napkin. That should have told me something about the place.
- Just bad timing?OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/21/2014We arrived, ordered and were told 10 minutes later the health dept. was inspecting and dinner would be delayed about 45 minutes, at least. We left.
- Top NotchsimontnycVIPDined on 3/19/2014Some of the best service I've encountered in NYC of late. Had a five course tasting menu. Plenty of food. Had to take the desert home for later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over rated restaurant verynick66Dined on 3/15/2014over rated restaurant very expensive with no reason the food is just okSpecial Features:
- Not worth the priceYas88Dined on 3/8/2014I have been to megu downtown a couple of times and enjoyed it. Megu midtown was different. Our waitress consistently forgot to brin out our food. She was sweet, but forgetful. Also, the portions had shrunk since our last visit. Overall, a dissapointment.Special Features:
- Meeh! No active sushi barMisssmithDined on 3/7/2014Meeh! No active sushi bar scene. Over pried and bad location.Special Features:
- Very Sex And The Citymoxiec83Dined on 3/7/2014I would like to start off by saying WOW. From the moment that you walk in the door, to when my mom and I sat down everyone was very professional and courteous. It just so happened to be the last day of Restaurant Week, and I wanted to do something nice for my mom's birthday, and this was definitely the place. She loves Buddahkan (who doesn't?) and I had never been here, so I was hoping that this place had the same vibe as Buddah, and it did not disappoint. From the very sexy atmosphere, to the fact that they treated us so well, I would definitely go back just for cocktails. As for the food? From the steak that was prepared on a hot stone for my mom to my sushi it was one of the best dining experiences I have had in quite some time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was terrible... AndOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/7/2014The food was terrible... And the service was average
- Big price, mediocre experienceazndindinDined on 3/7/2014To be frank, I am not impressed with this place. The location I went to was the midtown location across from the UN. I went with my gf on a weeknight during restaurant week. The service was OK but the food was just meh. Not much taste and the meal seem really safe for this type of restaurant. I had sushi / sashimi plate while my gf had the kobi beef on hot stone. The silverware that we used seem dated and old like its seen Nixon back he was still president. The meals are on the pricey side but that was to be expected. I just wanted a better experience and food. The presentation was lacking and unfulfilling.Special Features:
- Reservations at MeguMidtownOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/6/2014When I got to Megu, there was a line of people waiting to be helped by two somewhat incompetent hostesses. I waited approximately 5 minutes before the hostess could not find my name in the computer, but then managed to do so. She said I was the first in my party and inquired if I wanted to wait or be seated or wait for my guest. I chose to be seated, but after 20 minutes, I left the table to search for my guest, and discovered he had been seated by the same hostess at a separate table. He said the hostess had a lot of trouble with the reservation, said the name sounded "familiar" and then seated him. The reservation system is unwelcoming and disorganized.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedPatriciaDined on 3/6/2014The bar is closed on a Thursday night?! I thought this would be a fun Thursday night spot. I confirmed that afternoon when they called me that I could have drinks at the bar before my reservation...I guess they didn't look at my reservation to see I was going to midtown location not downtown. I got there early but who knew they don't open until 6:30? So after about 3 tries to open the door the host who was standing there finally decided to come to the door I thought to help. He remove the chain link that locked the door shut and walked away....leaving me there to struggle some more and open the door. Food was good, service was slow...watery drink from sitting at the "bar". Won't go back and already advised my friends not to.
- Dinner was just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/5/2014I truly enjoyed my meal and experience at the Megu downtown location, but unfortunately can't say the same about Midtown. I was extremely disappointed to learn that Midtown did not have the foie gras skewers and instead only had kobe beef balls with small pieces of foie gras inside. We learned the hard way after our server brought out the beef balls instead of the skewers. I highly recommend Megu downtown as the better option.Special Features:
- In the past I have recommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/5/2014In the past I have recommended this restaurant but this time I was very disappointed that it had a B grade and not an A. Normally I would not have gone in, as I make it a point of not visiting restaurants that are not A graded however, we were meeting friends that were going directly from the airport so we had no choice..... Must say that the restaurant did not look clean although the food was good.Special Features:
- The food was horrible. ServiceKiriVIPDined on 3/4/2014The food was horrible. Service was worse. It's a really kiri place. You wouldn't find me dead in this dumpster and they forgot my friend koss rice. Absolutely terrible and ani. Kusemek
- Dated and ExpensiveAmyBVIPDined on 3/4/2014The midtown location is very dated and does not look anything like the photos on-line. The photos made the restaurant look very elegant and in reality it was very plain and dated. Also, the hostess tried to seat us at the least-desirable table under a bright light. The couple next to us said they had already complained about that particular table, so they try to fill those tables first, even when the restaurant is empty (always a bad thing to do in my book). The portions were small and overall the food was just adequate. The Kobe beef, which the waiter recommended, was a very small portion. Also, the wait staff needs a little more personality.
- Excellent food but serviceJujuVIPDined on 3/1/2014It is worth to have the cheff's menu. The most delicious part was the kobe beef. Service was not perfect although the restaurant was not full. It took around 15 minutes for the waitress to get our wine orders and when we asked fot the check we had the same delay.Special Features:
- I came here with 2 friendsEstelleVIPDined on 2/28/2014I came here with 2 friends for RW dinner. Had Tuna Tartar for appetizer, Salmon for entree and Mango mousse for dessert. All were ok, though I think the salmon could have been more tender, and the mango mousse could have been more full flavored. it was however weird that they put some biscuits on one mango mousse but nothing on the other two.
- Big B rating on doorHmb1Dined on 2/27/2014I was upset to see a B. Then service was extremely slow. Way overpriced!!!
- Awesome RestaurantHappycustomer6Dined on 2/27/2014This restaurant is the epitome of class. I arrived an hour before they opened and they were so gracious and accommodating until they officially opened & my party arrived. Once inside, the place was beautiful! The service was quick & friendly and the food was impeccable. I loved it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group of 4 had dinner reservationsdhav36Dined on 2/21/2014Group of 4 had dinner reservations for 9:30pm. We showed up at 9:20 and were seated immediately. After waiting approx 20 mins for our server to greet us we finally placed our drink orders. About 40 minutes later the server returns to let us know the bottle is not in stock. Then we ordered another bottle which arrived another 30 minutes later. By this time our appetizers were already served and dinner had just reached the table. Not once did the server apologize for this and she said "what would you like me to do about it." I will never return again.
- Megu Midtown--outstanding JapaneseOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 2/21/2014I have been to Megu Midtown twice, once in a very intimate "back room" and once in the very dramatic front room. Both times, the food and service was outstanding. The price is not cheap, but good sushi is always expensive. Our waiters, both times, were very knowledgeable about the food and able to explain the dishes well. For serious diners of Japanese food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.