127 West 27th Street
Baltimore, MD 21218Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.meet27.com/
- Phone: 4105858121
- Hours of Operation:
Summer hours starting April 15, 2012 Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday and Saturday, 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Richard D'Sousa
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Gluten-free Menu, Takeout
- Private Party Facilities: BYOB restaurant. 20 seat bar. 60 seat dinning. Open to birthdays, private parties, business lunches. Gluten free,vegan, carnivorous all welcome.
- Private Party Contact: Paul 4105858121
A word from Meet 27
Voted one of the top ten 2012 new Restaurants in Baltimore by the Baltimore Sun, Meet 27 features modern American cuisine that fuses the flavors of South Asia and the Caribbean with traditional American classics. The result is a mouthwatering combination that will have you coming back time and again to try everything on the menu! Whether you're in the mood for a hamburger or looking for exotic flavors to transport you to another part of the world, you'll find something you love!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Meet 27 reviews from OpenTable diners
- Unpretentious and well executed.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/1/2014Unpretentious and well executed. Good service. Byob. Black bean mole enchiladas were wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/20/2013We got to sample a new item from their upcoming new menu and it was absolutely delicious! But I always say that there. If you haven't been yet ... it's a must go!Special Features:
- What a surprise.MichaelVIPDined on 12/14/2013I had never heard of Meet 27 before and really didn't know what to expect. But we selected this restaurant due to it's proximity to Eutaw Place and because we'd never been here before. We're very glad we did. We selected a number of appetizers and entrees thinking that we'd take home whatever we didn't finish. Well, there was nothing left to take home. The food here is really good and very affordable. We especially enjoyed the vegetable fritters and the chicken satay. The menu is varied enough to please anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find! We were delightedSharonPDined on 12/11/2013What a find! We were delighted with the innovative menu, delicious execution, and great service. Will make this a regular spot.Special Features:
- The food presentation is beautifulVegan4everDined on 11/28/2013The food presentation is beautiful and artistic which stimulates the appetite. The ambience is pleasant with lovely murals painted on the walls. The food is good. I was there for Thanksgiving dinner and I had the vegan plate which looked like an Indian Thali meal complete with a chapati. My son liked the turkey empanada appetizer very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kudos!LUV2EATDined on 11/28/2013Excellent cuisine! Great choices for vegan diners without compromising taste! Friendly service. Clean atmosphere! See you soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible FoodfoodismyfavDined on 11/23/2013Finding a gluten-free restaurant with as many delicious food options as Meet 27 has is difficult. Ever since my wife went gluten-free our list of affordable dine-in places shrunk considerably. Meet 27 is a gem and should have people pouring out the door. Perhaps the reason people aren't is because of the environment. The hearty wood tables and paintings are nice. The harsh lighting, so-so service, and absence of music make what would be an amazing dining experience slightly uncomfortable. I'm not a fan of hearing the details of other parties' conversations when they're speaking at normal volume nor am I a fan of feeling the need to whisper so as not to disrupt and/or be heard. Even still, we will return, but continue to hope for better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointing!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/16/2013Unfortunately my wife and I were disappointed. The food was extremely greasy and over priced! Our waiter had no personality. It still is byob. I would say you can find other better places for $65 dinners!Special Features:
- Creativity at its bestOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/16/2013Love that food is gluten-free and all dishes are put together deliciously and with a creative flair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good vegetarian choicesSuzzywDined on 11/15/2013Very happy with the many vegetarian choices. The portions were very generous and the food was delicious! Can't wait to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to return!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2013LOVED Meet 27 and Sweet 27. This is a spot where everyone will be happy. I'm 95% vegan and loved my mexican inspired dish. My husband had a pork dish that he loved as well. It was a wonderful evening and I can't wait to return. Then next night we were having dinner and friends and I needed to bring a dessert. I had no time to bake so we stopped by Sweet 27. Cupcakes were TO DIE FOR...and loved the chocolate chip cookies!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed this surprising findOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2013Interesting mix of cuisines and very good food. I had the Vindaloo, which was very spicy but flavorful. The fries are amazing as any of the other options I've had in Baltimore (Brewer's, Alewife, etc.) and there's a very relaxed atmosphere for meeting friends and family.Special Features:
- You wouldn't know it wasGluten FreeTonyDined on 11/2/2013My wife needs to eat gluten free which can be a challenge when eating out. Some restuarants offer gluten free options, but the entire menu at Meet 27 is gluten free and the food was excellent, even the gluten free desserts were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice range of food and eclecticKelleyDined on 10/17/2013They are merging with the small cafe next door and are expanding their selections. The food is organic, geared toward a vegetarian, and ethnic. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting Menu with Mixed ResultstravelfanVIPDined on 9/27/2013We tried this neighborhood place after looking at the menu which features several Indian or Asian themed dishes as well as several vegetarian choices. BYOB - liquor license coming. Pleasant space quiet enough to have a conversation. Service was attentive until the restaurant got busy -long wait to get the bill. We enjoyed the very generous serving and very spicy Vindaloo pork w rice and fresh vegetables once the oily sauce was drained. Spinach and potato empanada was interesting but vegetable fritters were burned and tasteless. Grilled Portobello burger with fresh mozzarella was tasty but a slightly greasy. Orange cake was moist and yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in BaltimoreOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2013Meet 27 is one of my favorite restaurants in Baltimore at any price. The menu has a mix of Indian-inspired and American dishes, all with a unique flair. The prices are very reasonable, especially considering the quality of food - all between $8 and $20. I've eaten just about everything on the menu and it's all good - you can't go wrong, but I particularly like the salmon and vindaloo pork. The staff is attentive and pleasant, and the owners are frequently at the restaurant and stop by the tables. Right now the restaurant is BYOB, but their liquor license should be coming soon and when it does they have a very cool bar/lounge area. Reservations recommended on weekends, but the staff will always find a way to accommodate your group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first meet 27 mealOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/1/2013The food we had (cicken kabobs and duck breast) was VERY good, and the wait staff was equally helpful. This is clearly a place aimed at local students and JHU folk. Inexpensive, accessible and interesting. There is a bar, but no alcohol served at table. We brought a mini screwcap bottle of wine and avoided the corkage fee. The south-Asian specialties looked very good, but decided on quasi American instead. Better than expected and on par with places costing twice as much or more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food.KHabsDined on 8/30/2013Great food, sweet potato fries were out of this world. Special sauces were delicious. Good service, I would recommend some new decorations and just improvements in general for the ambiance. Otherwise it was a great experience, I would definitely eat there again to try other things on the menu that looked interesting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious gluten free optionsTimpsonlDined on 8/27/2013We ate at thi restaurant for my best friend's bachelorette party dinner and, since she is gluten intolerant, I was careful to pick a restaurant where she wouldn't have to wory about what she are. I was expecting the menu might not be too diverse in order to accommodate this but boy was I wrong! Everything sounded delicious and I wouldn't have known it was all gluten free unless you told me. We had a wonderful time and the food was amazing. I had one of the best crab cake burgers I've ever had, and it came on gluten free focaccia. The bride-to-be also got the crab cakes which normally she can't have since they contain breading. She was delighted. The BYOB option was super nice as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aweeeeeesome . This was mySammDined on 8/25/2013Aweeeeeesome . This was my second time and I loved it again. Keep it up Meet27. Thanks for bringing back vegi plater :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, large portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/22/2013Great food, large portions plus BYOB in Charles Village.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegans rejoiceFoodSnobDined on 8/17/2013This neighborhood gem serving the greater Charles Village area and beyond is a go to for foodies that appreciate and crave unique spicy food. Don't forget to grab dessert next door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, casual ambience.MayankDined on 8/14/2013Good food, casual ambience. Lots of vegetarian options on the menu which is rare in Baltimore restaurants. Reasonably priced especially with BYOB and prie fixed dinner menu. a la carte can become a bit expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A truly unique fusion experienceFoodieSamDined on 8/11/2013That's the best way to describe this place.The owner/chef is Goan, a part of India which was colonized by the Portuguese from around 1500 until the 1960's. So the food here is a hybrid of Portuguese and Indian. The Vindaloo here is the most authentic I've outside of Goa.It's spicy, so be prepared (but for remember that it was the Portuguese traders who introduced hot peppers into Indian food from the New World. Anyway, I'm getting side tracked... the point is that the food here is truly fusion (way before it was supposedly created by fancy West Coast chefs). In addition, most of the food is locally sourced, healthy, and gluten free. So for a genuine fusion experience between East and West, come and be prepared to be pleasantly surprised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Kept SecretOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/10/2013Heard about Meet27 from a friend. It was everything she said, the food was interesting, presented beautifully, and delicious. We want to go back to try the menu items we missed.Special Features:
- good food, good service, veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2013good food, good service, very friendly owner -- what is not to lik,e/Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Air: Poor ServiceFoodie1Dined on 7/20/2013We had high hopes for this restaurant but were sorely disappointed. The air conditioning was not working and it was uncomfortably hot. This was mentioned on another reviews weeks ago but still was not taken care of. Except for the eggplant and the mussels dishes (which were delicious) we were unimpressed with the food. The service was just as bad; we asked the server to open our second bottle of wine and, although she never did get over to open it, we were still charged a corkage fee for this bottle. Finally, the soda that was ordered was never brought to the table by the server. The bakery next door however was cool and comfortable and the cupcakes were delicious!
- Food was very good and meticulouslyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/16/2013Food was very good and meticulously presented. Hopefully they'll build up a following so the place will have more of an exciting ambiance.Special Features:
- great spot for gluten free foodiesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/14/2013Great foid, variety, and love that everything is gluten free. Will definitely return!Special Features:
- Entirely gluten-free menu.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/13/2013Entirely gluten-free menu. Moderate prices, generous servings, innovative cusineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uniformly DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/6/2013They've combined a very diverse menu with a wide range of prices, which is something more restaurants should attempt. Between the Indian choices like pork vindaloo (hot like it should be), beef chermol and curry dishes, Mexican and Italian (the delicious enchilada mole or eggplant rolatini) and great veggie dishes, each of the 3 times we've been there with groups of four have been unfailingly delicious. They should be mobbed when you consider the great flavors they're capable of creating along with the low prices, byob, and large portion sizes.Special Features:
- This is the second time myAdamDined on 7/6/2013This is the second time my wife & I have been here for dinner, and we were both really looking forward to a worry-free, gluten-free dinner. As with last time, the food was delicious and service was friendly & attentive. However, I doubt we'll be back any time soon; at least not until the weather starts getting cooler. The restaurant was very hot inside, no cooler than outside in the summer sun. I feel guilty saying anything negative about this place, but the lach of air conditioning ruined the night.Special Features:
- Great PlaceRaymee62Dined on 6/1/2013You hear "Gluten Free" or "Vegan" and most people will shy away from the food. Meet 27 shows you how good it can be. Something for everyone, whether you have a dietary restriction or not, and all very tasty. You'll be happy you tired it!Special Features:
- Out-of-date websitewimpygirlsDined on 5/25/2013The only thing I didn't like was that the menu online was inaccurate. I was counting on a burger, but that's no longer offered. However, the chicken kabob I ended up getting was delicious. Everyone in my party liked their food. The guy who got the rib special said they were the best he'd ever had! I also liked that it was BYOB.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GraduationMBAHDined on 5/23/2013My graduation dinner was a success. Got in and out on time. Thank you everyone. The food and service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/18/2013My wife, a friend, and I went to this restaurant before a show on a Saturday night. Though the place isn't huge, there is ample seating. We had looked at the menu online before going and picked out some things we might try, but my wife ended up getting one of the specials, and she was happy she did. I had the Moroccan beef, and it was yummy. There was a lot of very tender beef in that pot and it had just enough spice to make me happy. Our friend had the vegetarian thali and though she didn't like everything on the plate, she really enjoyed what she did like. My wife and I really loved the vegetables that came with our meals and could've had a whole plate. Our food came out lightning fast. Very happy we stopped in here!Special Features:
- Food is amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/17/2013What a great find! This restaurant has excellent food. The food is prepared as you might find at a very high end restaurant. But the prices are moderate. And Byob. Def will go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss this neighborhood gem!VolpeDined on 5/17/2013If you like spicy and a nice selection of vegetarian foods, this is a good place. Also BYOB permits an inexpesive dining out experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty & nice varietyLisaDined on 5/11/2013Both times I have been to Meet 27 the food has been healthy and delicious and the service has been attentive and friendly. I love the cozy decor inside and the fact that it isn't too loud makes it a perfect spot to have a nice chat through dinner. Having an app to reserve a seat is a wonderful idea for last minute deciders like me and my friends. It's a great place to go before a show at the Ottobar and the variety for vegetarians and vegans is impressive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/10/2013We had such a good time. The server was great and the food was outstanding. It was too spicy for one person in our party bit the rest of us loved it. Will definitely be goiing back. Love the Byob and friendly casual amosphere.Special Features: