Medusa Grill & Bistro
501 Broad St
Lake Geneva, WI 53147Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Medusa Grill & Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://medusagrillandbistro.com/
- Phone: 2622498644
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, French, Greek
- Executive Chef: Gregory Anagnos
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: By appointment only must call 48 hours after 5:00pm to reserve.
- Private Party Contact: Greg Anagnos 2622498644
- Entertainment: Glenn Davis on Friday's from 6-9 and Saturday's from 9:30-midnight
A word from Medusa Grill & Bistro
40 seat Mediterranean restaurant serving full entrees and small plates. featuring live entertainment on Friday's and Saturday'sContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Medusa Grill & Bistro - Best Restaurants in Lake Geneva ›
Medusa Grill & Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (67)neighborhood gem (62)special occasion (56)romantic (29)hot spot (18)notable wine list (13)good for groups (9)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Yummy dinner!Food3loverDined on 10/17/2014My husband and I were out on Friday night for dinner. The service is always good here. The food is always good. We had the grilled squid and ribs for starters. I don't eat much meat, but did have a few bites of the ribs which were amazing. The calamari is always good, never chewy, cooked just right. For dinner, my husband had the pork chops and I had the mushroom pasta. Both were quite good. The portions are quite big so we had enough for another meal the next day. We did not have their gelato at this visit, but have had this in the past and it is excellent.Special Features:
- SusanandFrankDined on 10/11/2014In our opinion the best restaurant in the greater Lake Geneva area. Eclectic menu, good wine selection.Special Features:
- Lake Geneva WI GemJaMoDined on 10/11/2014I found the food to be very good! We had a party of 4 and everyone ordered a different entree. All entrees were very much enjoyed. We were seated by a window for a 5:15pm reservation and the sun was on our faces for about 20 minutes which was not too comfortable. I think another choice for window treatments is needed. The tv monitor over the bar was a nice touch where you watch the chef preparing food on the cooktop. Overall we enjoyed Medusa very much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- opaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014great night of food with my fiancée. had riley as server....really made it a fun experience. can't wait to come back again.Special Features:
- Never disappointsMichelle813Dined on 10/10/2014The one thing you can always count on is leaving Medusa's totally full and totally satisfied. Delicious high quality food that is addictive to say the least.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!MrandMrsWoodsDined on 10/9/2014Wife and I went. All the food was phenomenal. Ordered 2 appetizers and split the chef's choice entree and didn't get close to finishing all the food. Huge portion sizes so don't order too much, but it seems like you can't go wrong ordering anything on the menu. Dining room is moderately noisy since it's just an open room, cozy though. It's kind of fun that you can watch the food being cooked on a tv above the bar. It is a little over an hour away for us but we will definitely be back, the food was that good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious.NatbdayDined on 9/20/2014Food and drinks are excellent. Pricey but worth the quality of the food. Chef is top notch, great background music. Love this restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014Exceptional service, ambiance and food! I particularly enjoyed the live chef cam! I will be coming back for sure whenever I'm at Lake Geneva! Medusa is by far the best place for dinner and bar at lake geneva.Special Features:
- GrandmaKayDined on 9/20/2014Continues to be one of my annual favorites when at the Lake :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining Experience!DaisyAlkireDined on 9/19/2014This venue is a tiny establishment that packs a big culinary punch! We had the salmon & trout entrees accompanied with lobster tail. The fish was perfectly grilled moist and delicious. Accompaniments included a generous portion of properly steamed veggies with just a dollop of fresh corn off the cob and mashed potatoes that took me back to my childhood on the farm. We were seated by the busser station, so it wasn't the best location for privacy, but the staff was courteous and helpful. We will definitely visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in Lake GenevaOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 9/19/2014If you love to dine in Chicago, make the trip to Lake Geneva, WI for this dining experience. The food was out of this world delicious and fresh. Our waiter was very attentive and knowledgeable. We showed up early to check out the area and saw a person carrying in fresh tomatoes from a local farm. Amazing! She told us it is the best place in Lake Geneva. We Agee! We will be back. Tell your friends... Medusa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some of the best foodBagsNTotesDined on 9/12/2014I lived in New York City for almost 10 years. The city is home to the best and most competitive culinary scene in the world. Medusa's ranks as one of the top restaurants I've eaten at. I ordered the Chef Special and he made one of the best meals I've ever tasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tonhol2Tonhol2Dined on 9/6/2014Our meals here were excellent! From appetizers to entree, outstanding! Don't let the rather plain exterior fool you - this place is a gem. Our waitress was very friendly and helpfully answered our questions about menu items and sights in the area. The portions are ample and the menu offers diners a varied selection. Only wish we weren't too full from our delicious meals to order desserts! Really enjoyed the lively blues and R & B music. It lent a funky, lively ambiance.Special Features:
- genevadi1Dined on 9/6/2014The food and service is outstanding. All of the staff is friendly and exude a "glad that you're here" attitude. Noise level is so high that it's hard to hear anyone at your table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in Lake Geneva, WIOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014The food at Medusa Grill is outstanding! It's like being at a great restaurant in New York City! The Chef is amazing! Truly it's the best food/restaurant in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food! Lots of character.LuvmyfoodDined on 9/5/2014The seating is tight, close to your neighbors. But the restaurant has so much character, it's worth dining there. The wait staff was average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, wonderful staff,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Excellent food, large portions, waiter was very helpful and professional. A little cramped. The bathrooms need to up to par with the rest of the establishment. Prices were what I would expect for the Lake Geneva area. If you want a little more quiet you can request the back room. I was not aware of this when we made the res' and wish I had been. Closed circuit TV was a good idea but would like to view more than just the veggies cooking. Would have liked to have a salt shaker at the table, a 2" thick fillet always needs a little on the inside.Special Features:
- PerfectfoodguyDined on 8/27/2014We had a blast. From the first cocktail to the sorbets at the end. The food is prepared perfect and the service was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special dinning experienceGoldieDined on 8/26/2014Went for a birthday celebration and was not disappointed. Food was very flavorful and nice presentation. It was especially interesting to watch the chef prepare the food on the t v above the bar. If you want a special dining experience - this is your place. The desserts are top shelf as well.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerCel12Dined on 8/23/2014Took my husband here for his birthday. Everything was fantastic. My only complaint was that I had noted it was a birthday celebration and in most cases the restaurant usually will mention this and bring a small dessert. I see they serve gelato and i thought it really wouldn't be a big deal for them to scoop out a small dish and add a candle.Special Features:
- GreatSteveDined on 8/23/2014The food is truly special. Great attention to detail and delicious. Service is attentive. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014The wait staff was very helpful about a question we had regarding local bike paths. The food was delicious; I would definitely go back the next time I am in Lake Geneva.Special Features:
- best food evernithronDined on 8/16/2014The wife and I loved the food. It was a great date night. Everything and everyone was awesome. I cant say enoughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just awesomeKalimeraDined on 8/15/2014Quality meal. Everything was perfect. It is a destination which we look forward to every summer. Must try is the pork baby back ribs! Never have had anything like them anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VACATIONINGSHARKICSDined on 8/15/2014WE WERE VISITING RELATIVES AND VACATIONING. OUR RELATIVES WHO LIVE IN LAKE GENEVA HAD NEVER BEEN AT MEDUSA BEFORE, BUT ARE NOW GOING TO BRING ALL THEIR VISITORS THEREFOR DINNER. EXCELLENT FOOD.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Excellentclimbs4causesDined on 8/12/2014Having lived in Chicago my whole life I know good food. This restaurant is on a par with the best. The chef Greg really knows his way around meat. Even the calamari is excellent. Felt he was a bit heavy on the butter this last time out, however. Great value too, and Lake Geneva is a terrific venue. Find a cozy b&b and spend the night then shop at Indochine the next day (Tom offers some truly exquisite items from around the world at a terrific value).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LakeGenevaluvr1Dined on 8/9/2014The service was fast and friendly, not too pushy. Wine choices excellent. Kind of noisy but we didn't mind that. Food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden TreasureMDR1VIPDined on 8/9/2014I shouldn't even write this; I don't want all the world to know how great the food at Medusa is! Not the most ambient place on the planet, but you're not there for the atmosphere -- it's all about the food! Shared the grilled calamari appetizer - fabulous. I had the halibut and shrimp entree; spouse had lamb chops. Both were done to perfection. And the sides! Probably THE BEST corn I've ever had, combined with mashed potatoes and grilled veggies. Ended with a really good chocolate gelato. I love this place!Special Features:
- JessNDined on 8/2/2014Very good food, and wonderful/professional/ knowledgable about menu wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A meal created by an artistCharlielovesMedusaDined on 8/2/2014The plates at Medusa make you hungry just by their artistic appearance. Attention is paid to every detail; a dash of lively chili paste on one side of your plate, a drizzle of balsamic reduction, a dusting of some wonderful pepper seasoning to add a red splash. A bright yellow side of sweet corn (picked that very day) nestled next to a pink splash of purple onion/purple cabbage and mouthwatering mashed potatoes may accompany your entree. You can watch Chef Greg prepare your meal in an overhead mirror. He is a artist plain and simple. His passion is food and he knows what works and how to keep it new and exciting. Don't leave without some home made gelato or baklava (made by his mother). OpaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Chef!mblewittVIPDined on 8/1/2014Loved the food, music selected by chef, and the tv monitor showing food cooking!Special Features:
- Great food!KatBDined on 8/1/2014The service was excellent, but the food is the real story. The chef is fantastic, and watching the preparation is an added bonus. Everything was cooked to perfection, the Silician Filet is the best steak we've ever had. The truffle fries were worth every calorie.Special Features:
- delicious but lackingdiningluvDined on 7/31/2014The food is wonderful and creative, however it should be as it is priced as such. The restaurant is cutting corners where they can which I think brings down the experience and quality of the location and cost. Paper napkins and instant coffee doesn't match the quality and price of the food. Also the music was wayyyy too loud for the type of restaurant along with the kind of music. It seems that the music is selected from a servers phone instead of well picked appropriate music for the ambience. If you are looking for tasty food and nothing else matters to you then this is the place for you.Special Features:
- eatthereoftenDined on 7/31/2014Perfect. Go there often. Always great. Like the music, location, clientele, and especially the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SandyDined on 7/26/2014We've eaten at Medusa a couple times and both times the food was excellent. The staff is great. They are very friendly and attentive. It's a smaller personible restaurant. I would suggest a reservation. I definitely recommend it!Special Features:
- Chef Greg and Staff Rock!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014I took my soon to be fiancee to Medusa and had a great meal. The couple next to us spilled a drink and the staff was there to help in an instant. Chef Greg has great taste in music, is a really nice guy that treats his staff well, who in turn treat the customers well ... and he's a great chef. I'm amazed at how simple he made it look as we watched on the cctv. Better than Gibsons or Smith & Lewinsky downtown.Special Features:
- Extra special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014We come to Medusa every year for my birthday and it's always a special experience. The 'Chef's Choice' family-style is amazing. Very memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Medusa Experience2fordinDined on 7/18/2014Over the length of the time that we've been dining at Medusa, five or six years, from the very first time through last Friday night it is very exciting because we expect a great diming experience and every single time it is it's never disappointed even one iota. We love cooking and eating great food, we are foodies and we say to Medusa" do not go anywhere "Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatHippyirelandDined on 7/17/2014Food and atmosphere is always among the best.Fun to watch Chef Greg prepare his creations on the screen above the chefs tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014The food was very good but I was not happy with the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.