Medusa Grill & Bistro
501 Broad St
Lake Geneva, WI 53147Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Medusa Grill & Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://medusagrillandbistro.com/
- Phone: (262) 249-8644
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, French, Greek
- Executive Chef: Gregory Anagnos
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: By appointment only must call 48 hours after 5:00pm to reserve.
- Private Party Contact: Greg Anagnos 2622498644
- Entertainment: Glenn Davis on Friday's from 6-9 and Saturday's from 9:30-midnight
A word from Medusa Grill & Bistro
40 seat Mediterranean restaurant serving full entrees and small plates. featuring live entertainment on Friday's and Saturday'sContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Medusa Grill & Bistro - Best Restaurants in Lake Geneva ›
Medusa Grill & Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (58)neighborhood gem (54)special occasion (48)romantic (23)hot spot (15)notable wine list (15)good for groups (7)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- It never disappointsMichelle813Dined on 11/22/2014We come to Medusa's atleast once a month ( probably more). It is truly addictive and incredible. You definitely need a reservation because it's always hopping. The added new things to the menu and everything we tried was delicious. Try the octopus salad, saganaki and the Oreganato Chicken entree. Truly our favorites!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lake Geneva SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014Wife and I had dinner here on a Friday night. Scott, our server was very attentive and courteous. Food was great and atmosphere was soft and colourful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SaganakiOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/18/2014The flaming saganaki was outstanding. The chef's choice was enjoyed by 2 at our table - seafood version and mixed version and the other 2 had the filet - all were great. The desserts were average and temperature control at our table was all over the place - seemed to start around 50F then end at 80+FSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FlavorsFlavorfiendDined on 11/1/2014The food was fantastic. Everything was so well flavored. The carpaccio was delicious. Steaks and lamb chops were wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Medusa is a must!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014The food was very, very good, certainly the best in the Lake Geneva area by far! Make reservations, Medusa will not dissapoint.Special Features:
- Thanks for a delightful evening...GStevenDined on 10/31/2014Creative. Fresh. Delicious. These words come to mind in describing my evening at Medusa. The appetizers, soups and entrees were all prepared and plated well. The flavors popped in very new and pleasant ways. No one in our foursome had any negative issues. We would have liked a crusty artisanal bread accompaniment, but the bread provided was fresh and sufficient. The restaurant appeared clean and uncluttered. The seating is intimate. The service was friendly, attentive and accommodating, in-spite of the Friday night push. The big food hits for me were the Curry Sweet/Sour Red Cabbage (it is crazy good), the Mashed Potato topped with a dollop of mashed Buttercup Squash and the Truffle Fries. Quoting MacArthur, "I shall return."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteaksSteakLoversDined on 10/30/2014The Chef's steak choices change regularly. With its wood fired grilling, this place is really all about the steaks and lamb chops. Best steak I have had in years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies night outCanuks2dineDined on 10/30/2014Exception food. Great flavour profiling. The pork chops were cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Turn You To Stone.SteakguruDined on 10/28/2014Medusa, is an absolute great place to dine at! everyone is friendly and more than knowing about the menu and the wine list. They are nice enough to even recommend food, if you don't know what to choose. Even if you have a hard time picking something i can vouch and say that all the food is delicious. I hope whoever goes he has as good as experience as i did.Special Features:
- 20 plus Saturday's per yearSearayVIPDined on 10/25/2014We've been regulars every Saturday that were in town for Many years . Greg , Jay and staff go out of their way to make us feel welcome and the food is always over the top. We recommend Mudusa to everyone we know .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy dinner!Food3loverDined on 10/17/2014My husband and I were out on Friday night for dinner. The service is always good here. The food is always good. We had the grilled squid and ribs for starters. I don't eat much meat, but did have a few bites of the ribs which were amazing. The calamari is always good, never chewy, cooked just right. For dinner, my husband had the pork chops and I had the mushroom pasta. Both were quite good. The portions are quite big so we had enough for another meal the next day. We did not have their gelato at this visit, but have had this in the past and it is excellent.Special Features:
- SusanandFrankDined on 10/11/2014In our opinion the best restaurant in the greater Lake Geneva area. Eclectic menu, good wine selection.Special Features:
- Lake Geneva WI GemJaMoDined on 10/11/2014I found the food to be very good! We had a party of 4 and everyone ordered a different entree. All entrees were very much enjoyed. We were seated by a window for a 5:15pm reservation and the sun was on our faces for about 20 minutes which was not too comfortable. I think another choice for window treatments is needed. The tv monitor over the bar was a nice touch where you watch the chef preparing food on the cooktop. Overall we enjoyed Medusa very much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- opaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014great night of food with my fiancée. had riley as server....really made it a fun experience. can't wait to come back again.Special Features:
- Never disappointsMichelle813Dined on 10/10/2014The one thing you can always count on is leaving Medusa's totally full and totally satisfied. Delicious high quality food that is addictive to say the least.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!MrandMrsWoodsDined on 10/9/2014Wife and I went. All the food was phenomenal. Ordered 2 appetizers and split the chef's choice entree and didn't get close to finishing all the food. Huge portion sizes so don't order too much, but it seems like you can't go wrong ordering anything on the menu. Dining room is moderately noisy since it's just an open room, cozy though. It's kind of fun that you can watch the food being cooked on a tv above the bar. It is a little over an hour away for us but we will definitely be back, the food was that good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday BlissQueGuyDined on 10/4/2014We went on a Saturday night with a reservation for a table. We arrived a few minutes early and were seated immediately. We had the saganaki, the chef's choice (meat) and salmon and lobster. The lamb in the chef's choice and the saganaki were the stars of the evening. Opa! The sauteed greens had an unbelievable flavor. We were surprised to discover it was romaine lettuce. Anyone who can make romaine lettuce taste that amazing has talent beyond most. The service was terrific and the server knew the answers to all of our questions about the menu without having to find out the answer. It was a fantastic meal and well worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious.NatbdayDined on 9/20/2014Food and drinks are excellent. Pricey but worth the quality of the food. Chef is top notch, great background music. Love this restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014Exceptional service, ambiance and food! I particularly enjoyed the live chef cam! I will be coming back for sure whenever I'm at Lake Geneva! Medusa is by far the best place for dinner and bar at lake geneva.Special Features:
- GrandmaKayDined on 9/20/2014Continues to be one of my annual favorites when at the Lake :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining Experience!DaisyAlkireDined on 9/19/2014This venue is a tiny establishment that packs a big culinary punch! We had the salmon & trout entrees accompanied with lobster tail. The fish was perfectly grilled moist and delicious. Accompaniments included a generous portion of properly steamed veggies with just a dollop of fresh corn off the cob and mashed potatoes that took me back to my childhood on the farm. We were seated by the busser station, so it wasn't the best location for privacy, but the staff was courteous and helpful. We will definitely visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in Lake GenevaOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 9/19/2014If you love to dine in Chicago, make the trip to Lake Geneva, WI for this dining experience. The food was out of this world delicious and fresh. Our waiter was very attentive and knowledgeable. We showed up early to check out the area and saw a person carrying in fresh tomatoes from a local farm. Amazing! She told us it is the best place in Lake Geneva. We Agee! We will be back. Tell your friends... Medusa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some of the best foodBagsNTotesDined on 9/12/2014I lived in New York City for almost 10 years. The city is home to the best and most competitive culinary scene in the world. Medusa's ranks as one of the top restaurants I've eaten at. I ordered the Chef Special and he made one of the best meals I've ever tasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tonhol2Tonhol2Dined on 9/6/2014Our meals here were excellent! From appetizers to entree, outstanding! Don't let the rather plain exterior fool you - this place is a gem. Our waitress was very friendly and helpfully answered our questions about menu items and sights in the area. The portions are ample and the menu offers diners a varied selection. Only wish we weren't too full from our delicious meals to order desserts! Really enjoyed the lively blues and R & B music. It lent a funky, lively ambiance.Special Features:
- genevadi1Dined on 9/6/2014The food and service is outstanding. All of the staff is friendly and exude a "glad that you're here" attitude. Noise level is so high that it's hard to hear anyone at your table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in Lake Geneva, WIOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014The food at Medusa Grill is outstanding! It's like being at a great restaurant in New York City! The Chef is amazing! Truly it's the best food/restaurant in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food! Lots of character.LuvmyfoodDined on 9/5/2014The seating is tight, close to your neighbors. But the restaurant has so much character, it's worth dining there. The wait staff was average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, wonderful staff,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Excellent food, large portions, waiter was very helpful and professional. A little cramped. The bathrooms need to up to par with the rest of the establishment. Prices were what I would expect for the Lake Geneva area. If you want a little more quiet you can request the back room. I was not aware of this when we made the res' and wish I had been. Closed circuit TV was a good idea but would like to view more than just the veggies cooking. Would have liked to have a salt shaker at the table, a 2" thick fillet always needs a little on the inside.Special Features:
- PerfectfoodguyDined on 8/27/2014We had a blast. From the first cocktail to the sorbets at the end. The food is prepared perfect and the service was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special dinning experienceGoldieDined on 8/26/2014Went for a birthday celebration and was not disappointed. Food was very flavorful and nice presentation. It was especially interesting to watch the chef prepare the food on the t v above the bar. If you want a special dining experience - this is your place. The desserts are top shelf as well.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerCel12Dined on 8/23/2014Took my husband here for his birthday. Everything was fantastic. My only complaint was that I had noted it was a birthday celebration and in most cases the restaurant usually will mention this and bring a small dessert. I see they serve gelato and i thought it really wouldn't be a big deal for them to scoop out a small dish and add a candle.Special Features:
- GreatSteveDined on 8/23/2014The food is truly special. Great attention to detail and delicious. Service is attentive. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014The wait staff was very helpful about a question we had regarding local bike paths. The food was delicious; I would definitely go back the next time I am in Lake Geneva.Special Features:
- best food evernithronDined on 8/16/2014The wife and I loved the food. It was a great date night. Everything and everyone was awesome. I cant say enoughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just awesomeKalimeraDined on 8/15/2014Quality meal. Everything was perfect. It is a destination which we look forward to every summer. Must try is the pork baby back ribs! Never have had anything like them anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VACATIONINGSHARKICSDined on 8/15/2014WE WERE VISITING RELATIVES AND VACATIONING. OUR RELATIVES WHO LIVE IN LAKE GENEVA HAD NEVER BEEN AT MEDUSA BEFORE, BUT ARE NOW GOING TO BRING ALL THEIR VISITORS THEREFOR DINNER. EXCELLENT FOOD.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Excellentclimbs4causesDined on 8/12/2014Having lived in Chicago my whole life I know good food. This restaurant is on a par with the best. The chef Greg really knows his way around meat. Even the calamari is excellent. Felt he was a bit heavy on the butter this last time out, however. Great value too, and Lake Geneva is a terrific venue. Find a cozy b&b and spend the night then shop at Indochine the next day (Tom offers some truly exquisite items from around the world at a terrific value).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LakeGenevaluvr1Dined on 8/9/2014The service was fast and friendly, not too pushy. Wine choices excellent. Kind of noisy but we didn't mind that. Food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden TreasureMDR1VIPDined on 8/9/2014I shouldn't even write this; I don't want all the world to know how great the food at Medusa is! Not the most ambient place on the planet, but you're not there for the atmosphere -- it's all about the food! Shared the grilled calamari appetizer - fabulous. I had the halibut and shrimp entree; spouse had lamb chops. Both were done to perfection. And the sides! Probably THE BEST corn I've ever had, combined with mashed potatoes and grilled veggies. Ended with a really good chocolate gelato. I love this place!Special Features:
- JessNDined on 8/2/2014Very good food, and wonderful/professional/ knowledgable about menu wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.