Medusa Grill & Bistro
501 Broad St
Lake Geneva, WI 53147Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Medusa Grill & Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://medusagrillandbistro.com/
- Phone: 2622498644
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, French, Greek
- Executive Chef: Gregory Anagnos
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: By appointment only must call 48 hours after 5:00pm to reserve.
- Private Party Contact: Greg Anagnos 2622498644
- Entertainment: Glenn Davis on Friday's from 6-9 and Saturday's from 9:30-midnight
A word from Medusa Grill & Bistro
40 seat Mediterranean restaurant serving full entrees and small plates. featuring live entertainment on Friday's and Saturday'sContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Medusa Grill & Bistro - Best Restaurants in Lake Geneva ›
Medusa Grill & Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (63)neighborhood gem (58)special occasion (50)romantic (32)notable wine list (13)hot spot (11)good for groups (10)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Some of the best foodBagsNTotesDined on 9/12/2014I lived in New York City for almost 10 years. The city is home to the best and most competitive culinary scene in the world. Medusa's ranks as one of the top restaurants I've eaten at. I ordered the Chef Special and he made one of the best meals I've ever tasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tonhol2Tonhol2Dined on 9/6/2014Our meals here were excellent! From appetizers to entree, outstanding! Don't let the rather plain exterior fool you - this place is a gem. Our waitress was very friendly and helpfully answered our questions about menu items and sights in the area. The portions are ample and the menu offers diners a varied selection. Only wish we weren't too full from our delicious meals to order desserts! Really enjoyed the lively blues and R & B music. It lent a funky, lively ambiance.Special Features:
- genevadi1Dined on 9/6/2014The food and service is outstanding. All of the staff is friendly and exude a "glad that you're here" attitude. Noise level is so high that it's hard to hear anyone at your table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in Lake Geneva, WIOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014The food at Medusa Grill is outstanding! It's like being at a great restaurant in New York City! The Chef is amazing! Truly it's the best food/restaurant in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food! Lots of character.LuvmyfoodDined on 9/5/2014The seating is tight, close to your neighbors. But the restaurant has so much character, it's worth dining there. The wait staff was average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, wonderful staff,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Excellent food, large portions, waiter was very helpful and professional. A little cramped. The bathrooms need to up to par with the rest of the establishment. Prices were what I would expect for the Lake Geneva area. If you want a little more quiet you can request the back room. I was not aware of this when we made the res' and wish I had been. Closed circuit TV was a good idea but would like to view more than just the veggies cooking. Would have liked to have a salt shaker at the table, a 2" thick fillet always needs a little on the inside.Special Features:
- PerfectfoodguyDined on 8/27/2014We had a blast. From the first cocktail to the sorbets at the end. The food is prepared perfect and the service was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special dinning experienceGoldieDined on 8/26/2014Went for a birthday celebration and was not disappointed. Food was very flavorful and nice presentation. It was especially interesting to watch the chef prepare the food on the t v above the bar. If you want a special dining experience - this is your place. The desserts are top shelf as well.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerCel12Dined on 8/23/2014Took my husband here for his birthday. Everything was fantastic. My only complaint was that I had noted it was a birthday celebration and in most cases the restaurant usually will mention this and bring a small dessert. I see they serve gelato and i thought it really wouldn't be a big deal for them to scoop out a small dish and add a candle.Special Features:
- GreatSteveDined on 8/23/2014The food is truly special. Great attention to detail and delicious. Service is attentive. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014The wait staff was very helpful about a question we had regarding local bike paths. The food was delicious; I would definitely go back the next time I am in Lake Geneva.Special Features:
- best food evernithronDined on 8/16/2014The wife and I loved the food. It was a great date night. Everything and everyone was awesome. I cant say enoughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just awesomeKalimeraDined on 8/15/2014Quality meal. Everything was perfect. It is a destination which we look forward to every summer. Must try is the pork baby back ribs! Never have had anything like them anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VACATIONINGSHARKICSDined on 8/15/2014WE WERE VISITING RELATIVES AND VACATIONING. OUR RELATIVES WHO LIVE IN LAKE GENEVA HAD NEVER BEEN AT MEDUSA BEFORE, BUT ARE NOW GOING TO BRING ALL THEIR VISITORS THEREFOR DINNER. EXCELLENT FOOD.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Excellentclimbs4causesDined on 8/12/2014Having lived in Chicago my whole life I know good food. This restaurant is on a par with the best. The chef Greg really knows his way around meat. Even the calamari is excellent. Felt he was a bit heavy on the butter this last time out, however. Great value too, and Lake Geneva is a terrific venue. Find a cozy b&b and spend the night then shop at Indochine the next day (Tom offers some truly exquisite items from around the world at a terrific value).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LakeGenevaluvr1Dined on 8/9/2014The service was fast and friendly, not too pushy. Wine choices excellent. Kind of noisy but we didn't mind that. Food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden TreasureMDR1VIPDined on 8/9/2014I shouldn't even write this; I don't want all the world to know how great the food at Medusa is! Not the most ambient place on the planet, but you're not there for the atmosphere -- it's all about the food! Shared the grilled calamari appetizer - fabulous. I had the halibut and shrimp entree; spouse had lamb chops. Both were done to perfection. And the sides! Probably THE BEST corn I've ever had, combined with mashed potatoes and grilled veggies. Ended with a really good chocolate gelato. I love this place!Special Features:
- JessNDined on 8/2/2014Very good food, and wonderful/professional/ knowledgable about menu wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A meal created by an artistCharlielovesMedusaDined on 8/2/2014The plates at Medusa make you hungry just by their artistic appearance. Attention is paid to every detail; a dash of lively chili paste on one side of your plate, a drizzle of balsamic reduction, a dusting of some wonderful pepper seasoning to add a red splash. A bright yellow side of sweet corn (picked that very day) nestled next to a pink splash of purple onion/purple cabbage and mouthwatering mashed potatoes may accompany your entree. You can watch Chef Greg prepare your meal in an overhead mirror. He is a artist plain and simple. His passion is food and he knows what works and how to keep it new and exciting. Don't leave without some home made gelato or baklava (made by his mother). OpaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Chef!mblewittVIPDined on 8/1/2014Loved the food, music selected by chef, and the tv monitor showing food cooking!Special Features:
- Great food!KatBDined on 8/1/2014The service was excellent, but the food is the real story. The chef is fantastic, and watching the preparation is an added bonus. Everything was cooked to perfection, the Silician Filet is the best steak we've ever had. The truffle fries were worth every calorie.Special Features:
- delicious but lackingdiningluvDined on 7/31/2014The food is wonderful and creative, however it should be as it is priced as such. The restaurant is cutting corners where they can which I think brings down the experience and quality of the location and cost. Paper napkins and instant coffee doesn't match the quality and price of the food. Also the music was wayyyy too loud for the type of restaurant along with the kind of music. It seems that the music is selected from a servers phone instead of well picked appropriate music for the ambience. If you are looking for tasty food and nothing else matters to you then this is the place for you.Special Features:
- eatthereoftenDined on 7/31/2014Perfect. Go there often. Always great. Like the music, location, clientele, and especially the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SandyDined on 7/26/2014We've eaten at Medusa a couple times and both times the food was excellent. The staff is great. They are very friendly and attentive. It's a smaller personible restaurant. I would suggest a reservation. I definitely recommend it!Special Features:
- Chef Greg and Staff Rock!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014I took my soon to be fiancee to Medusa and had a great meal. The couple next to us spilled a drink and the staff was there to help in an instant. Chef Greg has great taste in music, is a really nice guy that treats his staff well, who in turn treat the customers well ... and he's a great chef. I'm amazed at how simple he made it look as we watched on the cctv. Better than Gibsons or Smith & Lewinsky downtown.Special Features:
- Extra special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014We come to Medusa every year for my birthday and it's always a special experience. The 'Chef's Choice' family-style is amazing. Very memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Medusa Experience2fordinDined on 7/18/2014Over the length of the time that we've been dining at Medusa, five or six years, from the very first time through last Friday night it is very exciting because we expect a great diming experience and every single time it is it's never disappointed even one iota. We love cooking and eating great food, we are foodies and we say to Medusa" do not go anywhere "Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatHippyirelandDined on 7/17/2014Food and atmosphere is always among the best.Fun to watch Chef Greg prepare his creations on the screen above the chefs tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014The food was very good but I was not happy with the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SST15Dined on 7/12/2014Our entrees were large portions and excellent... I had the halibut special and fish was cooked perfectly. Paired very nicely with seasonal veggies... we didn't save much room for dessert, but glad we had the gelato! (best 'American' gelato I've had)... our salads were just so-so, a little over dressed, but rest of food was great as well as service! Would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!smtripDined on 7/11/2014Great find in Lake Geneva. Yummy food w unique flavones.Special Features:
- Exceptional ServerMaMaHaDined on 7/10/2014Riley was our server. He was very friendly, knowledgeable and checked in with us making certain our gluten-free guest was accommodated. Chefs Portabello shrimp soup was incredible! Each time we have a special occasion Medusa G&B is our choice. Thank you for such an excellent staff & menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Medusa always delivers...Cotyjmom1Dined on 7/8/2014An amazing meal, exceptional service, charming atmosphere. It's our favorite local restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good foodLove2DineVIPDined on 7/5/2014Took my octogenarian parents there and was hoping from previous reviews that the music/noise level would not be too much for them. You get used to it and we could still talk and the place was full. We didn't feel cramped and we were right inside the door. The only glitch the entire evening was that our entrees came out before the waiter brought my soup. No biggie. The saganaki is a must, but definitely order the pita points to go with it. It just comes by itself with the standard bread-that's no way to enjoy it! Both couples ordered the chef's choice since we were newbies. Excellent way to try the food. Also did the plate sharing (9.50/2nd person). Plenty of food! Gelato is a must...any flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food - A bit priceywayno1Dined on 7/5/2014The food is superb! Two Greek pork chops run around $21.95. (along with a garlic butter and oregano topping, braised veggies and a scoop of mashed potatoes. The Greek lamb chops are even better, but $34.95. The skordalia is exceptionally good, but the serving tends to be light on the vegetables. Ask for more. Service is quick and good. Servers were polite and attentive. Big plus is the video screen where you could see the stove where the food was prepared. The chef is well known and this what drives the clientele there. Don't be turned off by the outside, the inside decor is much nicer than you would think and the food is fabulous! We go back regularly.Special Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/2/2014Amazing food, had the pasta primavera .....to die for, fresh grilled veggies were amazing, I even ate the beet and I hate beets!!!!! Love watching the chef cook on the tv! Always a great experience! Wish it were a little bigger and closer to the lake, the location is in a very weird place for such a great place! Will for sure be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/2/2014Kudos to Chef Greg at Medusa's! Best-prepared, best-tasting, hands-down best plate of food I've ever had set in front of me. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing chef's choice!TandTDined on 6/28/2014Yes, this place is expensive!! BUT if you want the best food in lake Geneva, and it is a special date, this is the place to go! We sit at the bar often, drinks are good, they pour in front of you, will open another bottle, if at the end.. They turn tables here quick, they have too... If you want a lingering dinner, request the back (lounge area), if you want AMAZING food fast....front. The chefs choice is always a grand deal. Get the combo, if you are a carnivour, and like it all. Best value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findYulieDined on 6/28/2014As others have said, the outside of this restaurant does not do justice to the outstanding food one finds on the inside. Very small place so be prepared to feel close to other diners. Food was delicious. Waiter brought out flaming Saganaki for appetizers and wonderful bread to go with it. Entrees are very large so think of sharing. My table had two pasta dishes that were definitely home made. The fish with lobster tail was just wonderful. Sides were also fresh, unusual and tasty. Did not have room for dessert but their gelato looked excellent. While there was a problem with the computer at the end of our meal, delaying us approximately 15 minutes, staff was very apologetic about the delay.Special Features:
- BuandGaDined on 6/25/2014Wish they could do something about their noise level......& then it would be a perfect place to dine!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.