2522 Mission Street
San Francisco, CA 94110Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.medjoolsf.com/
- Phone: 4155509055
- Hours of Operation:
Main Restaurant Dining Sun-Wed 5:30-10:00pm; Thurs-Sat 5:30-11:00pm; Happy Hour daily from 4:00pm to 7:00pm; Weekend buffet brunch 10:00am-2:00pm; Sky Terrace (weather permitting)open Mon-Fri 3:00pm and Sat,Sun 12:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Tomas Sazo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Medjool's multi-level floor plan is perfect for hosting private or semi-private events. Each of the 3 levels of Medjool is available seperately, or all together, depending on the size of your event. Our in house Events Director will work with you through every step of the event planning, and execution. Medjool is a favorite location for convention goers, corporate holiday parties, product launch events, birthdays, weddings, receptions, bachelorette parties, and just about any other cause for celebration. Plesae visit our website at www.medjoolsf.com, and click on Events/Groups for information regarding large parties. All event inqueries are answered promptly by Eric Canupp, Medjool's Director of Operations and Events. He looks forward to hearing from you soon.
- Private Party Contact: Eric Canupp 4155509058
- Entertainment: Night Club Dancing Friday and Saturday night 10:0p-1:45p .
- Special Events: Medjool's multi-level spaces makes it an ideal location for special events such as corporate parties, holiday parties, weddings, receptions, birthdays, bachelorette parties, etc. Our Events Director will work with you to create the perfect event.
- Cross Street: between 21st and 22nd Streets
- Public Transit: 49 Mission bus, 14 Mission bus, 24th Street BART, 16th Street BART
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Public lot is also available. It is located at 21st and Bartlett, one half block away. You may also take advantage of street parking.
A word from Medjool
Medjool serves the sun-drenched flavors of the Mediterranean in the heart of the Mission. Equally colorful is the open space with indoor and outdoor seating in the cafe, lounge, and main dining room. Medjool is the perfect place for parties of any size. Come and enjoy our regional Mediterranean wines and amazing cuisines of France, Italy, Morocco and Tunisia. Medjool - a jewel in the Mission.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Medjool reviews from OpenTable diners
- i have been here a numberdavidDined on 2/17/2012i have been here a number of times over the years and enjoyed it very much. this visit was a disappointment. The food was only mediocre. Service was a bit slow. The place no longer has the fun vibe that it used to have
- Went with friends from outCityGirlDined on 2/17/2012Went with friends from out of town on a Friday night -- seemed rather dead for 7pm but picked up as the evening went on. Food was okay, though nothing amazing. Favorite was probably the calamari with the fried lemons. Servers doted on us to the extent of being a bit annoying/intrusive and also told us they were closing the following week, having been bought-out and planning to undergo revamps before reopening. Cocktails were small and overpriced. Wouldn't be quick to rush back with so many other options out there...
- Overall food was alright butOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/11/2012Overall food was alright but service made our night .Special Features:
- Short staffed and said soOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/9/2012Short staffed and said so but were attentive anyway. Nice platting.Special Features:
- My favorite dining out experienceexnewyorkerDined on 1/31/2012Medjool never disappoints. I consider it a very, very special place to dine with friends and family.Special Features:
- The service and food was amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/29/2012The service and food was amazing! Great waiter on Sunday nights!!Special Features:
- Server was nice, but theyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/28/2012Server was nice, but they needed more servers for the number of tables they had. She was running around all over the place and we definitely had to wait longer than we wanted to have our table visited. Also, the tables were a bit too cramped in next to each other, and the second floor -- which is where the nicer lounge areas are -- was closed for a private party. The food was good, though (I'd say 8.5/10). Try the crispy sweet potatoes and vegetarian b'tsille. Both were delicious! Oh, and the host was super cool too!
- Go to Medjool with severalOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 1/2/2012Go to Medjool with several friends so that you can order and share more dishes from their diverse menu inspired by the cuisines of all of the Mediterranean shores: North African, Southern Europe & the Middle East. Mondays is great for those who enjoy a quieter experience and 1/2-price bottles of wine. It's also a terrific place to hold a party!Special Features:
- This has been my second timeOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/1/2012This has been my second time here. My girlfriend and friends enjoyed the food a lot. Very tasty. We tried a lot of dishes and all were quite good. We had a couple of cocktails and it was pretty good. The server was attentive and he worked the whole room. We had gone New Year's Day for dinner and the place was relatively slow for a big place and our server was the only one. He was very attentive and listened and conversed well. We will make our way back.Special Features:
- Awesome New Year's Eve mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011Awesome New Year's Eve meal and dancing. The rooftop bar was a welcome respite to the energetic crowd on the dance-floor.Special Features:
- Perfection.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011It was simply amazing. The food, while small in portions comparing to other gluttonous restaurants in the U.S., tasted amazing. Make sure you order enough for those with hungry appetites. We all ordered two dishes and then shared them all with each other. Not for the selfish of sharing or if you are with people you wouldn't share food with. The service was spot on as well. There wasn't a single thing I disliked about this place.
- Medjool never disappoints!OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 12/30/2011Pricey for a small plates place, you say? Well, not many of the plates aren't small. We always end up with more food than we need, and we eat every last bit. Service is convivial and snappy, even when busy, and the dishes are consistent over a series of visits. The hidden goodie part is free street parking. One of my highest recommended restaurants.Special Features:
- a wonderful experience, foodpinoleraDined on 12/29/2011a wonderful experience, food was quite yummy and variey very good. Very nice decor, spacious, good wine and service was excellent. i would definitely go there again and have recommended it to family and friends.Special Features:
- Brunch buffet was tasty andMissVDined on 12/18/2011Brunch buffet was tasty and a great deal. On warm afternoons/evenings cocktails on the terrace can't be beat.Special Features:
- Lovely for Brunch at 10.99OliviaVIPDined on 12/11/2011Lovely for Brunch at 10.99 all you can eat with $3 mimosa's it may be the best deal in town. Plus you can take your food up to the roof deck for a stunning city view. Sunglasses and sunscreen recommended.Special Features:
- The chef at Medjool is consistentlyOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/6/2011The chef at Medjool is consistently outstanding. The lentil soup (with dates and chickpeas) is the best I've ever had anywhere, and at $5 for a full bowl, it is very reasonably priced.Special Features:
- The 1/2 price wine MondayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/5/2011The 1/2 price wine Monday special was a pleasant surprise. We really enjoyed ourselves.
- Wonderful variety of dishes.TravelerVIPDined on 12/5/2011Wonderful variety of dishes. Intriguing furniture and decor. Great for vegetarians.
- We had a reservation for 530pm,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/4/2011We had a reservation for 530pm, the beginning of dinner service. The place only had about 4 other couples in place and we still waited 35 mins before getting a table and this was only after I asked if we could seat ourselves and the hostess said "No" very rudely and then asked if we had reservations. Dah! She checked us in herself and told us to wait at th lounge then never came for us. Then she trys to make excuses. What was the point of making a reservation if we had to wait so long. We go out early to try and avoid all the crowds and bad service and this is the first place this has ever happened. How can you check someone in and then forget about them. However, the food was excellent and our waiter was perfect
- Fun for date or groupOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/26/2011I always love this place. Good food and drinks. Service reliable and friendly. This was the second consecutive birthday I have spent here. Last year with a group of girlfriends, this year with hubby. Tables are a wee bit close together, but that's alright. Just wish I could have told one female patron that she did not have to wear the entire bottle of perfume in one evening.Special Features:
- Medjool is one of our favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 11/17/2011Medjool is one of our favorite restaurants - the food is always amazing and no matter what you order, your always in for a pleasant surprise.Special Features:
- Poor Disappointed Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/16/2011This was supposed to be a birthday for 2 people, they were filming a Bravo TV up on the roof, the elevator didnt work, there were only 2 waiters for the whole place, our water was called in and complained to our table that it was his night off. the food came out one entree at a time and when we finally got the 4th dish, the first person was already finished with her dinner. Was NOT a good experience at all and very disappointed. They even forgot about the birthdays... Will never go back there again.
- Can't Wait to ReturnBennieDined on 11/14/2011Short vacation in San Francisco with a number of new restaurants tried but Mejools was our favorite! The complexity of the flavors in each dish (braised short ribs with Medjool dates and cinnamon sauce for one) was outstanding. Will recommend this to foodie friends and will make a return visit the next time we are in the city. One of our new favorites!Special Features:
- I love Medjool!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/13/2011I love everything about Medjool! The unique flavors are delicious and the happy hour specials are fantastic! Our waiter wasn't the greatest, but we made do and had a great time.Special Features:
- Service was exceptional: knowledgabOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/11/2011Service was exceptional: knowledgable, friendly, discreetSpecial Features:
- Perfect for a MondayDineorDieDined on 11/7/2011Open Monday which is quite a find. Food is perfect to be shared and there is a 50% off any bottle of wine on Mondays. Cocktails were well made and service from bar person was great. Food service slow and inattentive which was odd since there were few people in retaurant. Thinking about having an event on Monday night there.Special Features:
- We had an amazing time atOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/5/2011We had an amazing time at Medjool's. We came in hoping for lunch on the weekend but found instead an amazing all you can eat brunch. As I had heard about Medjool on Check Please, I had my heart set on a lamb dish. The owner accomodated us and allowed us to have a special order. Lots of specialties were brought to the table and we were in heaven! We had a fabulous experience. I can't wait to return. The dining view from the roof makes Medjool truly uniqe.Special Features:
- Medjool a date to rememberOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/4/2011Medjool was a recommendation from a friend and I am pretty certain that we wouldn't have found it otherwise! What a find - we really enjoyed it and would go back again but for the fact that we live in Dubai! we enjoyed the sweet potato, mini beef Wellington and the blackened fish dish all of which were gorgeous! Our only critism is the potions are too big meaning that three were plenty between 2 so we didn't get to try as many as we'd have liked! The tables are very close and my poor Husband had to sit between 4 ladies bemoaning the dating scene in SF - highly amusing! Our server was brilliant saving us from ourselves by not letting us over order and helping us decide between a couple of the fish options. A great night!Special Features:
- Great menu with excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 11/3/2011Great menu with excellent use of middle eastern spices. We were there on a Thursday night and enjoyed live jazz music. Special pricing on Happy hour appys.Special Features:
- I ate on the rooftop so amOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/30/2011I ate on the rooftop so am not familiar with the inside. We had a late lunch from the Menu upstairs. We enjoyed the food and the ambiance on a warm sunny day.Special Features:
- Definitely one of my new favoriteFinnDined on 10/24/2011Definitely one of my new favorite places to eat. Loved everything about it. Can't believe it took me so long to dine here. Looking forward to going back. Highly recommend this place. Magnificent!Special Features:
- Medjool Sunday Brunch BuffettVitaraiDined on 10/23/2011Medjool Sunday Brunch Buffett is one of the best kept secrets in San Francisco.Special Features:
- When the weather is warm,OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/22/2011When the weather is warm, the roof deck is fabulouse!Special Features:
- A friend and I had fond memoriesJazzfanDined on 10/22/2011A friend and I had fond memories of this place from years ago, but maybe our memories were out of whack or our expectations have gone up over the years or maybe they've changed chefs. In any case, while the food was decent, our table of 3 agreed none of it was a real stand-out. We all felt the dishes could have had more spice or more flair. Service (from the front of the house on back) was well-intentioned and friendly but somewhat hit-or-miss, even though we were dining early and the only ones on the main floor at the time. (The rooftop, by contrast, was noisy and crowded on a warm night.) If you're in the neighborhood and want something different from what you'll find in a small town, it's good, but don't expect to be blown away.Special Features:
- One of our favorite spotsDeadmanonleaveVIPDined on 10/21/2011Medjool is a long time favorite. My wife and I had our first date here and we love to return with each milestone of our lives (engagement, marriage, pregnancy, etc). We are always treated very well and the food is awesome. This time we had the crispy sweet potato - I don't like sweet potatoes but I loved this dish; scallops with crab - perfectly cooked but arrived just a tad on the cold side; vegetable b' stilla - this was spinach and feta cheese inside a flaky dough (delicious); and the brined pork was amazing. Our waiter was really nice but he was in the weeds as my drink sat dry for a good 10 minutes. This is the only reason for the "fair" rating on service. I don't think this was his fault, they were probably understaffed.Special Features:
- Great variety of MediterraneanOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 10/15/2011Great variety of Mediterranean tapas. You can also eat on the rooftop which has a great view of the City but a different (more bar-like) menu. I suggest having dinner downstairs to take advantage of the full menu, but then going to the rooftop either before or after dinner for a glass of wine to enjoy the view.Special Features:
- Our waitress was very helpfulpamelamaVIPDined on 10/15/2011Our waitress was very helpful and friendly. Ambience is very interesting. Would go back to try the outdoor seating someday. Food was tasty and "small plates" not that small for tapas dishes so 3 plates good for the two of us. Scallops with forage mushrooms was excellent. Fried calamari with fried onions and lemons terrific also. Would go again!
- Love the food, but the placeOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/8/2011Love the food, but the place was so noisy it was hard to have a conversation.
- There is roof top dining orMytwocentsDined on 10/8/2011There is roof top dining or just happy hour. Only accepts cash on roof top. Dining consist of Tapas, very tasty. Restaurant very clean, roomy has a mezzanine level for groups. Definitely will return to try more dishes.Special Features:
- Now I understand why peopleOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/8/2011Now I understand why people are still talking about Medjool and am sorry I didn't get there before now. We had a drink and one small plate at the bar before sitting down for dinner...we could have stayed there all night. The happy hour has half a dozen appetizers for $5 each, and all of them sounded wonderful. If there is a downside, it is that there are too many choices, especially on the dinner menu. We ordered a variety of small plates and loved all five of them. The food service was spaced nicely over the time we were there, so we could savor each dish, and they brought fresh plates a couple of times during the meal. Even choosing a dessert (or two) was challenging because they all sounded delicious. Don't miss the experience!Special Features: