2900 S. State St.
Ann Arbor, MI 48104Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mediterrano.com/
- Phone: (734) 332-9700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Closed for Lunch Saturday, Sunday: 12:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: La Piazza by Mediterrano has their own private kitchen to provide you with the best quality service possible. Perfect for graduations, tailgating, and holiday parties. La Piazza has been chosen to cater the V.I.P. tent at the Townie Party which kicks off the Ann Arbor Art Fair every year. Please contact our Director of Private Dining Rula Bawardi at email@example.com
- Private Party Facilities: La Piazza's Board Room accommodates up to 25 guests. This is the perfect room for birthday parties, office meetings and private interviews. The Pomegranate Room will hold an additional 80 people allowing for a maximum capacity of 100 guests. This breathtaking room is perfect for Rehearsal Dinners, Intimate Wedding, and Family Reunions. As a full service coordinator, Mediterrano can assist with all aspects of your event, from the colors of the linen to the pairings of wine with your entree selections. Mediterrano will create a truly personalized and seamless event for you and your guests.
- Private Party Contact: Rula Bawardi 7344764880x
- Special Events: Please check the Web-site for upcoming events.
- Cross Street: Eisenhower
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: You will enjoy the convenience of our extra large parking lot with tons of close spaces perfect for the elderly or handicapped! Our parking is perfect for coach buses as well as large parties. Avoid the hassle of limited street parking downtown. You will feel extremely safe in our well lit parking area.
A word from Mediterrano
Centrally located among the city’s hotels and Briarwood Mall, Mediterrano has been one of Ann Arbor’s premier restaurants for over a decade. Mediterrano is walking distance to an array of hotels including The Four Points by Sheraton, Fairfield Inn, Courtyard by Marriott, and Kensington Court. Using only the freshest and most flavorful ingredients, the innovative kitchen staff expertly prepares tantalizing dishes from each of the 14 countries on the Mediterranean coast. Start off with everyone’s favorite sampler of Hummus, Satziki, and Tapenade before you dive into the fabulous Chicken Jerusalem. Make sure to save room for the traditional home made Baklava and Frutti Di Basco! The attentive and highly trained wait staff serve your every need. Refined, while comfortable, Mediterrano is the perfect venue for business luncheons, family celebrations, friendly get-togethers or a romantic evening for two. 2008 Taste of Ann Arbor Winner, "Best of Show"Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Mediterrano - Best Restaurants in Ann Arbor ›
Mediterrano reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (23)fit for foodies (23)romantic (19)good for groups (18)notable wine list (11)great for lunch (10)neighborhood gem (10)great for outdoor dining (7)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Will returnsujuVIPDined on 11/2/2014We haven't eaten at Mediterrano for some time because the cooking was erratic and frequently used too much salt. I am happy to say that there has been a huge improvement and we look forward to returning. In addition the wine list has been updated to include a lot of tasty and reasonably priced wines.Special Features:
- Always dependablefinderskeepersDined on 10/31/2014I have gone to Mediterrano, with my husband and/or friends, for years and continue to find it dependable--good choice and quality of Mediterranean dishes and excellent service. For Ann Arbor, this is a rare find that has stayed in business for decades outside the increasingly crowded city center. In summer, there is a delightful covered patio.Special Features:
- Loves itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014The customer service was great. That's what I always look for whenever dining and the waiter was wonderful and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/10/2014Two of the people in our party ordered the scallops, and they were superb. Next time that's what I'll get. The Chicken Jerusalem, which I ordered and had had once before, was not as good this time. There wasn't enough sauce, and the chicken was dry. The salads and the halloumi/portobello appetizer were all really good, and the latter was enough for 4 of us to share. By the time we got to dessert (around 8:00), the kitchen was out of the Chocolate Espresso dessert that we ordered. This was a surprise and a disappointment, but the substitute creme brulee got raves from the 2 people who shared it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed BageverydayfoodieDined on 10/10/201410 minutes after we were seated no one had filled our water glasses or greeted our table. We flagged down a nearby server asking if we could get a server at our table and she said, 'Oh, that's me. Sorry I must have been getting drinks when you were seated'. Not sure why when she passed our table 2-3 times before that she didn't become aware of us. Then she asked if I wanted soup or salad with my entree (in such a way it sounded as though it were included). When I said a salad, what kind of dressing it was then she explained it would be in addition. She should have phrased it then as 'Would you like to ADD a soup or salad'. The food took a little while but was a good portion size and was tasty. We may or may not be back.
- Another Great MealDRolandDined on 10/3/2014We love to go to Mediterrano. We always have a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerPGMCGDined on 9/29/2014We celebrated our 15th anniversary at Mediterrano on Monday evening. Everything was perfect from the moment we walked in the restaurant. We had a great table, an incredible waiter and wonderful food. Matthew (our waiter) made the evening for us. He was attentive, personable and waited on us as the most important people in the restaurant.Special Features:
- ExcellentfromLouisvilleVIPDined on 9/26/2014Food as always was excellent. Our server, however, was obtrusive and somewhat disrespectful. He interrupted our conversation three times to ask if everything was all right (note to server - if guests are happy and having an animated conversation, don't stop the flow of conversation). He also referred to us (two women in our late 50s) as "kids" - "You kids need anything?"Special Features:
- Nice for Group OutingGR8FoodDined on 9/26/2014I have been there before for business lunches and liked the atmosphere. Was very impressed with the more social tone of the evening when I dined with my couple friends. I'm not a big pasta fan, so was good to see a variety of options and everyone liked their choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We still like this resaurantgrendelVIPDined on 9/20/2014My husband and I have been to Mediterrano many times in the last three years. The food is always good, but his time we noticed the quality of the interior of the restaurant. Quite frankly, the decor needs a major update--it looks pretty tired. And the menu hasn't varied in three years--maybe some changes are due!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for a crowdOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/19/2014Brought 6 hungry college students in for dinner and everyone enjoyed their meal! Portions were good and the food was tasty!Special Features:
- sunsetloverDined on 9/16/2014While meal was a little slow getting started, food was outstanding. I had the Chilean Bass. Will return. I've been there for lunch, but dinner is worth it. Lunch menu is a little limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/2/2014This was a great success for our group of elderly ladies -- our round table was in a quiet corner, the service was excellent and the food delicious -- we especially liked the corn chowder ~ !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Excellent!BEEGEE5VIPDined on 8/30/2014Whenever we are in Ann Arbor, the treat second only to a Wolverine victory is a meal at Mediterrano. Nuffield said!Special Features:
- Great Service and FoodaatomDined on 8/22/2014The wait staff anticipated our every need and the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but in need of upgradespinnaclepeakdinerDined on 8/8/2014The interior was nicely decorated, but old and needs to be updated. The menu was acceptable; there were two or three items that interested me, but not as many as I might have hoped. Most disappointing was the wine list - far too limited and the wines were not especially good ones. When we ordered a Semillon/Sauvignon Blanc, the waitress poured our glasses overfull until the bottle was empty, then took the empty bottle away with her. So much for ambience, I guess! The waitress had obviously not been trained in how to pour wine. And the wine glasses were cheap thick-walled ones that seemed to place more emphasis on reducing breakage to reduce operating costs than on making the wine experience enjoyable. Overall very disappointing!Special Features:
- Appetizer, salad were good...DrSocDined on 8/7/2014The lamb chops and sea bass were swimming in oil/butter to the point that with the sea bass the potatoes were soggy. The service was poor. It was hard to find our server even though they were not busy but another server finally stopped to refill water and wine. When our server did show up it was obtrusive and about their favorite alcoholic beverage - each time... We were having a business dinner and this behavior became obnoxious.
- Enjoyable ExperienceConwayDined on 8/1/2014My wife and I chose Mediterrano to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We had a very pleasant experience; food was vey good and service was excellent. Will look forward to visiting this restaurant again.Special Features:
- The following 441 reviews are from the Mediterrano reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/16/2014We dine there once every year when we attend the Ann Arbor art show. It's in the briarwood mall area and is not a chain or fast food place. Food selection is European and the menu is always eclectic and different. We look forward to dining thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- al fresco or insiderestaurantmavenDined on 6/30/2014Wide variety of Mediterranean food from multiple cultures. Consistently delights the palate.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/26/2014As usual, Mediterrano did not disappoint, and sitting outside on the covered patio on a beautiful day made it perfect. The food and the service were both excellent, and as this lunch was a celebration of my friend's birthday, a dessert of her choice was offered as a gift: an incredible and very unusual tiramisu, easily large enough for sharing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!enviroDined on 6/23/2014Consistently excellent food & service. This gem is quite accessible & often available. Though close, it is outside of the downtown Main & State Street areas, it offers parking and tasty interesting food/meal choices. One of our favorite spots!Special Features:
- Scratch-made pasta...delicious!ToddK1Dined on 5/25/2014This was our first time at Mediterrano. At first we thought the location was a bit awkward, especially for the outdoor dining area, which is in the parking lot. However, we quickly forgot about that since the outdoor dining is nicely enclosed and very quiet. The food was outstanding... The house-made pastas and house-made sausage (in the spicy linguine) were brilliant...and unexpected. The service was terrific, and our server was very knowledgeable of both the food and wine menus. We would definitely (and have already) recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice Mother's Day brunch for allSaraDined on 5/11/2014We have always enjoyed Mediterrano; however, this is the first year we've seen them offer brunch. It was excellent! The men in the family are hoping we'll celebrate Father's Day with brunch at Mediterrano next month. I hope they offer it.Special Features:
- Mediterrano never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/10/2014The food, the service, and the atmosphere were all wonderful, and we actually closed the restaurant. No one bothered us after we'd finished eating and we sat and talked until we were ready to leave. The food was outstanding and the choices plentiful. Also great drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neither here nor thereFairWitnessDined on 5/9/2014The menu is dominated by Greek selections. The food was apparently run through a deflavorizer before being served...bland, overcooked. Too pricey for casual dining, not impressive enough for a special occasion. Meh!
- Rave ReviewKateVIPDined on 5/4/2014We choose Mediterrano for special occasions above all others as the meal is always delicious and the managers, Olsi and Ray, ensure the finest service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!LuckyManDined on 5/2/2014I've eaten at Mediterrano four times now (once for a catered group event with limited menu; twice for small dinners; and most recently for my daughter's graduation dinner) and had outstanding experiences each time. Good food, plentiful servings, and courteous and professional staff who went out of their way to help my mother-in-law, who is recovering from a stroke and has mobility issues. Quickly becoming a favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation weekendonionsoupDined on 5/2/2014Our reservation was during UofM's graduation. We had to leave a deposit when we made the reservation because of the crowds. The service was very slow, even though we had a early reservation and the restaurant wasn't full. When our food came, only five of the six dinners arrived. We had to wait 15 minutes for the last dinner. Both steaks were overcooked, the pasta dinners were very good. No offer for a second drink; we had to flag them down.Special Features:
- Business LunchVoyageurVIPDined on 4/23/2014Had the chicken with yogurt and my business associate had the chicken shish kabob. Both were generous portions and were tasty. The waitress didn't pronounce "gyro" correctly as one of the specials but otherwise was okay as a server. One item I did miss was the complementary hummus that I have had before. I did not inquire since the entrees were more than ample but am not sure if that is even still being offered.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure...DaniLynnDined on 4/19/2014My husband took me here before proposing to me. Yesterday, for our 5 year anniversary we returned for a nice dinner. The menu has changed and evolved and the food was absolutely to die for! We love this restaurant and visit it for special occassions every year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ModerateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/11/2014Food not as good as previous visits. Also, too much food per serving....makes it less appetizing. Service excellent and noise level acceptable for mature guests.Special Features:
- Tough "tender" lamb kabobPhoodiepanDined on 4/4/2014The appetizers of crab cakes and calamari were quite good. The (I think) hummus paste for the bread was too little for 4 of us. I had to ask for more. I ordered a (supposedly) tender lamb kabob. Only about half or less of the lamb pieces were decently tender. The rest was tough as leather. I am sure the cook should know this (what part of the lamb is tender and what part is tough). I don't know why a restaurant like this would take chances on serving something like this. A major disappointment for me. Fortunately, it seemed like my wife, daughter and her friend seem to enjoy their meals (seafood pasta, beef tenderloin and vegetable pasta respectively). The saving grace was our server - very polite and accommodating!
- Consistently the bestBEEGEE5VIPDined on 4/1/2014Every visit to Ann Arbor would not be complete without a visit to this neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quiet and good!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/23/2014We had a fine experience. Food was very good, indeed. As was ambience and quiet, unrushed atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a pleasureNFHUVIPDined on 3/21/2014celebrated a friend's birthday. A thoroughly enjoyable dining experience for out party of five, the latest of many excellent times that keeps us coming back to Mediterrano. A quiet place with great service, drinks and food, simple and convenient parking_ what's not to like?Special Features:
- Before the hockey gameJaneyDined on 3/15/2014Went for a 5 pm dinner prior to U of M hockey game. Been here before, returned as they have Vegan dishes. Only disappointment, the wine cost. My spouse & I had two glasses each of the house cabernet, totalling $52. Would have been better for the waitress to recommend we have a bottle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- waiter and staff were nicedrpoleyDined on 2/28/2014waiter and staff were nice and knowledgeable. His recommendations, unfortunately came out overdone. Appetizers were good, drinks good, dessert good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food, moderate serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/22/2014We liked the place, we liked the food. The wait staff was not as attentive as we would have liked. Only our wait staff noticed us, and if s/he was nor around, we were totally ignored. I do not understand why they cannot help each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely treatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2014We were stuck in Detroit after a big snow storm in the East cancelled our flight. We picked Meditererrano based on what I could glean from Tripadvisor and similar sites. We were looking to treat ourselves. I was mildly disappointed to find it located in a strip mall setting, however---It was just wonderful. The restaurant was lovely and the staff very accommodating, but best was the food. The presentation was lovely and the flavors great. The thing that struck me was that if this had been more of a "foodie restaurant" they would have served half as much food and charged twice as much money!! Nice evening. Good wine. Glad we found it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.