1260 Second Ave
New York, NY 10065Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://mediterraneonyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 734-7407
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Mediterraneo
Located at Second Avenue and 66th Street, Mediterraneo is the epitome of style and fine Italian cuisine. Here the Florentine and Tuscan heritage of the owners, Massimo Stocchi and Vito Mezzatesta, translate into a menu filled with fragrant aromas and flavors spectacular enough to sate the most sophisticated palate.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mediterraneo reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (5)great for lunch (4)great for outdoor dining (4)good for groups (3)kid-friendly (2)fit for foodies (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Consistently ReliableNange25Dined on 10/21/2014The Maitre'd needs to work on his people skills but the waiter could not have been more accommodating. Reservation for 2 at 7 on a rainy Tuesday night, restaurant not full but he would not seat my friend until I arrived! The waiter recommended the buratta mozzarella appetizer - so fresh and creamy. The Friday calamari are perfect, marinara dipping sauce has a zing to it. Meatballs were delicious but a little dry for my taste. I come here often and love the the crust pizzas, the veal Milanese , salad with grilled shrimp and any pasta. I have never been disappointed with th food. Lovely inside and outside to,people watch on Second Avenue.Special Features:
- dsgnchickVIPDined on 8/18/2014I sent my out of town guests, who were very pleased with their meals and the atmosphereSpecial Features:
- The following 30 reviews are from the Mediterraneo reviews archive.
- a great spotjcjcVIPDined on 7/18/2014this is reliable, very good Italian food with good service too. Good salads !Special Features:
- Terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2014The server was just trying to get us out of the restaurant as quickly as possible and the restaurant was completely empty. He came to our table every 2 minutes to order. Once we were done eating, he just gave us the bill and told us he needed us to leave. I'm never going back if that is the service they give now. I have been going to the restaurant for over 13 years and this was my last time ever. I asked him to check if a dish had egg due to my personal religious reasons. Instead of coming back and informing me, he just brought me the dish when I wasn't even sure if that's what I wanted.
- Surprised and DisappointedFoodFoodFoodDined on 6/16/2014I've been going to Mediterraneo for years and have always loved it. Unfortunately, this time the server was very impatient in taking our orders. They didn't have the appetizer she oredered and wanted a few moments to look at the menu to choose something else, at which point he huffed and puffed like she was taking up his valuable time. He was just so rude. The foccacia was burned. the food was mediocre which was such a disappointment. We hadn't ordered our dessert yet and a busboy tried to take our 3/4 filled wine glasses away. Really? I've been coming to Mediterraneo for years and this is my last visit. Terribly disappointed.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood findManuelaVIPDined on 5/4/2014We moved recently to this area and tried Mediterraneo for lunch. It definitely will become our "go to" restaurant in the neighborhood. The food was terrific, big portions, well prepared and presented and very friendly attentive service. Being Italian we certainly know about Italian food and Mediterraneo did not disappoint , the dishes were true to tradition and the focaccia with robiola and truffle oil absolutely divine!Special Features:
- Great experienceKatieDined on 3/29/2014Food was delicious and service was outstanding. Only negative was the food prices, but I guess that's the price you pay to eat on Greenwich Ave.Special Features:
- GnocchiVictoriaDined on 12/30/2013I tried the gnocchi-it was great andy so light, I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- not what it used to beOpenTableDinerDined on 12/27/2013I've been dining at Mediterraneo since 2008 and it is not what it used to be. They've started pulling back on the flavors of the sauces, making their pasta dishes a bit bland. It's disappointing because the pasta here used to be absolutely divine. There pizza remains good so far.Special Features:
- Like a family partyAllanah2000VIPDined on 12/24/2013The place the atmosphere was like having your favorite people around your house Great food great atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A HAMBURGER? AT MEDITERRANEO?peterpostVIPDined on 12/11/2013We always drop in here for the fish and unique appetizers, and it is always consistently good. But this was a lunch and the Kobe Burger caught me eye. The best burger that you can eat in Greenwich based on my experience. Perfectly cooked, wonderful blue cheese. I do not eat meat much anymore, but this will be a once a month treat at a restaurant we visit several times a month.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Open Table pointsYazpazzazVIPDined on 8/15/2013Although this restaurant is on open table, and I made a reservation using open table, they did not take the open table certificate I had brought to pay my bill. Needless to say, this was a huge inconvenience. Best regards.
- always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/19/2013The food and the service is always good.....you can count on it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice neighborhood place withdsgnchickVIPDined on 7/2/2013nice neighborhood place with very good pasta - I'm sure there are other great options on the menu, but since the pasta choices are both numerous and delicious, I stick to that. we went early, so it was nice and quiet, it can get noisy at a later hour.Special Features:
- At least it's consistentTraumamdVIPDined on 6/24/2013There are three things i can say consistently about this restaurant. The outdoor space is lovely during the spring/summer, the food is consistently OK, nothing great, never bad, and the service is consistently bad. Waiters ignore you, we were rushed to get off the table after we finished, water glasses remain empty unless requested, no one comes to check on the food after it arrives, etc. Just low class service.
- Avoid at all costsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/11/2013Decided to give Mediterraneo a try for a business lunch for two. I had made a reservation on Open Table and they had made no preparations for my table, simply placed us between (2) 12 person parties with hyper kids. Server forgot about us on multiple occasions and when he was assisting us, his mind was somewhere else and could not care a less about our business.
- Tasty neighborhood restaurantFinefoodieVIPDined on 5/8/2013Delicious pasta dishes and superb chicken payard! Service is outstanding! A neighborhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food, a little priceyEmily91Dined on 5/7/2013Ok Italian food. Nice to sit outside and eat but nothing too special.Special Features:
- MediterraneoPJJ9126Dined on 4/29/2013Skip the pizza. Bland. Olive oil awful. Push-you-out even with empty tables around. Very good homemade gnocchi.
- Bland food, mediocre serviceHandleVIPDined on 2/17/2013Bland food, mediocre service we were disappointed and will never return.
- service was awful from pointsurpriseVIPDined on 8/8/2012service was awful from point of arrival to departure - we basically had to pull the host to seat us at a table - and for each service of dinner the same - the food was tasty - prepared in fine fashion.Special Features:
- Always hopping so decidedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/16/2012Always hopping so decided to try it. If you want to constantly turn your head and see if anyone "special" is coming, go to the restaurant. Otherwise, stay away! Canned beets in a salad is outrageous. Won't return.
- Expensive for quality andloveVIPDined on 6/27/2012Expensive for quality and quantity but decent foodSpecial Features:
- very accommodating to yourOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/5/2012very accommodating to your needs. was there for dinner at last minute had no problem a party of six. Went back next day for lunch with a child still very accommodating and friendly.Special Features:
- Lots o kids and baby strollersTinaDined on 6/1/2012Lots o kids and baby strollers made it a bit crowded and hard to navigate. The food was okay, but nothing to anticipate. Service was friendly. Very family friendly.Special Features:
- Excellent selection of pastaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/28/2012Excellent selection of pasta and very tasty. Good beer & wine. Great service, very friendly, patient & helpful. Nice decor. Had a table right next to Spike Lee. My only complaint is the music is too loud & had a real heavy beat. Does not make for a romantic mood. Try and get an outdoor table to lessen the loud music.Special Features:
- Was pleasantly surprisedadgal1VIPDined on 4/11/2012Was pleasantly surprised with quality all around and would def go back.Special Features:
- I believe the restaurant hasOpenTableDinerDined on 4/3/2012I believe the restaurant has come under new management recently. Even though the restaurant seems to be pulling back on the sauces, their pasta remains divine. Furthermore, If you ask for extra sauce, they WILL honor the request and that is greatly appreciated. They have not lost a step; food continues to be served quickly while preserving the taste. Service, however, remains slow and only casually attentive - very European. This restaurant would be perfection if the staff could pick up the pace a bit.
- Be careful what you ask for!HeidifromNYCVIPDined on 12/2/2011The food was good. The waiter was not. After being informed that my salad choice was not available I asked if they could make a Cesar salad (not on the menu). The waiter was incredulous and seemed shocked and insulted that I would make such a request. Surprising and very unpleasant.Special Features:
- Not coming back!!!FoodnaticVIPDined on 11/9/2011I have no words about this restaurant. Service was non existent, my pasta was overcooked and shrimp rubbery, my daughters pizza was ok, but not worthy $19.00, a lot of empty tables the one(wearing white sneackers) who set us was lost looking to give us the worst. I was never asked if my food was good(it was not). We are Not coming back.
- terrible Service. Where is managemesrk49VIPDined on 10/24/2011Terrible service at lunch. Where is management? We were bothering the two girls behind the bar when we arrived, one stuffing her face with bread. Our waiter was terrible. . The margarita pizza was thin crust with good sauce and cheese and one piece of basil in the center of the pie. Asked for more basil so we could have some on each slice, which they brought us. Salad with grilled vegetables come with baby arugala. I asked the waiter if they could give me mixed greens and he said yes but he didn't tell the kitchen. What poor service.....
- this was my second time diningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/19/2011this was my second time dining at mediterraneo. dined during summer months and had a pasta dish that was prepared perfectly.this time i had a fresh fish that was a little bit too salty for my taste but overall quite good. service is also good. place is always packed and fun. will be going back again.Special Features: