Mediterraneo Kitchen and Bar
73 Pier Avenue
Hermosa Beach, CA 90254Neighborhood:
Manhattan Beach / Hermosa Beach
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
Mediterraneo Kitchen and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://themedhb.com/
- Phone: 3103182666x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Thursday - Friday: 5:00pm -11:00pm; Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm; Sunday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
Saturday: 11:30pm - 4:30pm; Sunday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Pedro Pureco
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Tapas Tuesday
Happy Hour Monday to Friday 5pm to 7pm
(no discounts on holidays or special events)
A word from Mediterraneo Kitchen and Bar
Classic Cocktails. Select Wine. Craft Beer. Food with Love.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Mediterraneo Kitchen and Bar - Best Restaurants in Manhattan Beach / Hermosa Beach ›
Mediterraneo Kitchen and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (39)fit for foodies (26)neighborhood gem (23)good for groups (19)vibrant bar scene (18)hot spot (12)special occasion (11)notable wine list (8)scenic view (7)romantic (6)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)late-night find (3)great for lunch (3)Show More
- Great selectionsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014My boyfriend and I went to Mediterraneo for the first time for our 8 year anniversary! As a vegan I liked how there were plenty of options for me as well as my non-vegan boyfriend. We made a reservation and they saved a great table for us out on the patio. It was a pleasant night! My boyfriend loved having so many great beer options and my sangria was so tasty!Special Features:
- Great ExperienceSally2Dined on 9/12/2014The food was tasty and the service was excellent. The only thing I didn't realize is that when I made our reservation, I should have expressed a desire to sit outside. We had a drink and were moved outside as soon as a table became available. Due to a hearing problem, I prefer to sit outside where it is less noisy. Next time, I will make that request.Special Features:
- BdayGirlDined on 8/21/2014Went for some tapas, however price were way too much for what they serve. Foods were good but tapas shouldn't be the same price as entrees! It was way too noisy, so if u want a good conversations, this is not the place to be. A little disappointed.Special Features:
- Excellent all around!JohnRVIPDined on 8/14/2014This is a great place. The service is perfect, attentive and right on the money. Great atmosphere, cool vibe inside and an awesome outdoor area to enjoy perfect LA weather and incredible people watching on the pier. The food is excellent also, a nice variety of tapas with so many great tastes in one sitting. They also have a fantastic selection of craft beer with a well rounded menu with some of the best craft beers in the world. The place is also very well run and professional all around. We love this place and highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Tapas in Hermosa BeachwmgrarDined on 8/10/2014This is a very good place to dine. I like the tapas style of eating but this restaurant is not a substitute for a trip to Spain. The food was good but not spectacular. Servers were great. We had a big group (8 adults and 2 children) and they accommodated us without a problem.Special Features:
- MedInk1VIPDined on 8/2/2014We come here a lot and the food was great and our server was really nice and helpful.Special Features:
- MehLocalGrazerDined on 7/31/2014We had great service from a waiter whose name I did not catch - too bad because he was terrific. We went for Happy Hour. The special half-price red wine was good, not great. The tapas we tried were ok, not great. Eggplant Fries - yuck (and I normally like eggplant.) Green Lip Mussels - good, but could have been better with capers? Seafood & Fennel - very good. Caprese - very good.Special Features:
- Great spotBeachdwellerDined on 7/5/2014We sat outside. The food was wonderful. It came out timely. We could hear each other talk. It looked like there was quite a bar scene going on inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for people watchingFoodloverVIPDined on 6/21/2014We enjoy coming here. Their food is tapa style and the portions are fairly big for tapas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday night Happy Hour at Med.foodgloriousfoodDined on 6/6/2014I have been here a number of times and it never disappoints. This time we had a friend with us who has wheat and dairy allergies. She usually doesn't do tapas because it's a hassle for everyone involved, but there was plenty on the menu that she could eat. The kitchen happily modified dishes with cheese and butter, and the staff were very polite and accommodating. We usually sit outside but this time we were inside. The ambiance was great and it was nice to feel like we were out for a meal and a drink in a trendy city bar rather than by the beach, for a change. Don't get me wrong - I love the beach, but driving out of South Bay can be such an effort!Special Features:
- Always enjoyableTucanDined on 6/4/2014The food, service, ambiance, location and people watching are fantastic at Mediterraneo. It is the one place that we take out-of-town friends and work colleagues to, that never disappoints, and gives them a taste of what California has to offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but but poor servicefoodadventurerDined on 5/31/2014Service and atmosphere are such an essential part of a dining experience. I wanted to love this place, but our server was a disappointment. We sat on the patio, right on the Hermosa Pier. The tables and chairs are plastic, no ambiance at all. For four people, our bill came to $145.00 before tip. That is about what I would expect to pay for any decent restaurant . However, not the right price for the actual dining experience. The dishes, while mostly very good, do not seem to be produced by a chef, but rather a clever concept ( tapas, small plates) executed by line cooks. For an experiences fit for foodies, MB Post ( around the same price point) is far, far better. I will not be returning.
- The following 49 reviews are from the Mediterraneo Kitchen and Bar reviews archive.
- Great find in HermosatequilaDined on 5/23/2014In between all the other great restaurants with no available reservations, we gave Mediterraneo a try and we were wondering why it was only our first time there! Tapas are a great idea for a group of 5 and the tequila list was perfect too! We will definitely be going back. The only strange part are the chairs outside. It has a bit of a dressy-casual vibe and then there are plastic chairs. Personally, these are things that wouldn't sway my opinion from good food and good service, but if someone is looking for a specific ambiance, this may be off-putting.Special Features:
- Outstanding Tapas Style MenuSocaldine2Dined on 5/11/2014By far my favorite dining spot in Hermosa Beach, extensive craft beer & wine list, reasonably priced menu, not too mention awesome happy hour during the week. You will not be dissapointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's Not to Like?NoWeightWatchersHereDined on 5/10/2014Excellent as always. Lots of delicious small plates (stuffed dates are great). Good people watching on outdoor patio. Music was a little loud (couldn't hear all 6 people in our party), but waiter turned it down on our request. A neighborhood gem :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful spotTouristDined on 5/1/2014Tapas were wonderful. They have Pliny the elder for you IPA lovers. Nice staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food & ServiceLLsquareDined on 4/27/2014This was our third visit and we brought our teenage children this time. We all loved the food. There are so many wonderful options; we have many favorites. The service was excellent. Everyone was very friendly. Highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average, overallBrunoDined on 4/26/2014Friendly service, great location, nice décor (industrial), but the food was just OK. The food selection was great, but the taste wasn't. Disappointed. Expensive for what it is.
- enjoyed the food, but.......LimonDined on 4/6/2014the service was horrible. I had to constantly flag down staff to assist me. if i didn't I would have decomposed. No one approached us for 15 minutes. We were seated and just waited and waited. We were half way through lunch before my drink even showed. It would have showed during dessert if i didn't flag people down and push for my drink to be ready. it really ruined our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bustling Valentine's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2014Tapas (small plates) served when ready and shared. Inherently informal. Great food. Friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beach SpotJeffBDined on 2/14/2014Great little spot! Relaxed and upbeat for Valentine's Day. Terrific beer list. Surprised by how tasty the prosciutto wrapped bleu cheese stuffed dates were. Still thinking about them. Very affordable as well. Will certainly be going back soon.Special Features:
- So-So Tapas; great serviceLocalGrazerDined on 2/8/2014Recent reviews led us to think the food was impressive, but the tapas we had were nondescript. The walnut pesto pintxo burrata was supposed to be great. It was okay. The green lipped mussels were very good quality, with chopped olives, onions and tomato as garnish interesting, not great. Chicken skewers were okay. The smashed crispy Yukon potatoes were good, but kind of boring after awhile: we were served about 400% more potatoes than the other tapas, so ended up just eating smashed Yukons. Our waiter was FANTASTIC: didn't hover but he was always available and checked in with us. We REALLY liked the Albertoni Cab, one of the least expensive wines, which he encouraged us to try unlike some servers who would encourage only a $$$wine.Special Features:
- OUr server was attentive &awesomeVIPDined on 2/7/2014OUr server was attentive & helpful on what we should get. We chkd off about 10items off the menu but so he suggested that the sizes are tapas but a lil bigger then normal. So we ordered the food trying to get everything before h.h(which we had like 15mins left of). He said not to with tha, he said he'd have the kitchen fire off the nxt batch of items from our menu evn if it was past 7,also I asked him if I can order 3 glasses before h.hr, but he said w/wine they have to put it in one @a time, which i Understood. As the night went on our server chked up on us @715 & also bright another glass of wine &a smile which I knew that he would consider that under h.hr price. Overall I will def go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Different dining experience!HomeRNVIPDined on 1/12/2014Our first Tapas dining experience! The waiter was gracious enough to explain how to order... We truly enjoyed our meals. The food was very good. Great service... Ordering small bites can be an expensive way to eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love to sample their small platesOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 12/30/2013Food was outstanding. Two of us ordered 7 courses and loved every one of them. (We were stuffed - could have easily gotten by on 5 courses but they were all too good!)Special Features:
- Life Saver for late night diningmbnobleVIPDined on 12/26/2013Leave your life vest and your attitude on your yacht, because this place will save your life if you're a vegetarian and are starving for a late dinner. We stumbled onto Mediterraneo, located in one of the best beach spots in LA, and at close to 10PM on a week night they were still serving food with a smile. The courteous server was cheerful and not annoyed that we requested vegetarian meals. Refreshing and relaxing. All food was very good and nutritious. Easy to eat well, with decent portion sizes, healthy and tasty. Not sure what the day crowd is like, and how busy it may get on weekends, but we really liked our experience. Unbeatable location.Special Features:
- Not many restaurants werekttaylorDined on 12/24/2013Not many restaurants were open on Christmas Eve that were in walking distance from our hotel in Hermosa Beach. This was one of the few and was a great find. It served tapas. The portions were of a reasonable size to share between two and the range and quality were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeLizzysVintageFindsVIPDined on 12/13/2013We've been coming here for years. It's one of our favorite places especially for Happy Hour! They have the best beer selection in Southern California!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great go to spotLadinerDined on 12/10/2013One of my favorite places in South Bay to eat. Food is yummy and it is fun to try the different beers. I haven't had one thing I didn't like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a findMarcoVIPDined on 11/2/2013Terrific Spanish style tapas in Hermosa. All hits no misses. Server was really helpful in suggesting items and describing them really well. Wish I lived closer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect dining experienceLilyDined on 10/18/2013Brought my girlfriend from out of town for girls night out. We sat on the patio, had amazing food that was paced perfectly. The dishes were wonderful to share and very fresh. After we finished she said it was one of the best dinners she has ever had! She is a total foodie and I was thrilled she enjoyed it so much!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and Good FoodAngelaDined on 10/5/2013Great food, perfect for party time, good bar scene, great people watching. Go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yum!hsb520Dined on 9/15/2013It was delicious. love the small plates. everything came out so fast but also didn't feel rushed. definitely will be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaryMaryDined on 9/12/2013Great restaurant with wonderful food options! Tapas are a great way to try different foods while sharing them with others. Having this great place on the Pier is just wonderful! And the management and service are great too! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Located on Hermosa Pier aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2013Located on Hermosa Pier a happening place for tapas. They were very busy so service was slow, but the service staff were very friendly and trying their best. They did not have enough staff working for the crowd. Beer list is very extensive, not a great wine list however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsmkbatlDined on 8/25/2013We've been here just about as much as any place in the South Bay and it's always great food, great service and the people-watching can't be beat. Add in half-off prices for Sangria Sundays and who can go wrong?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent, Pleasant, PricyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/18/2013Well-executed small plates and build-your own wine flights bring me back here a few times a year. Locals and tourists enjoy the casual beach vibe and good people watching. The service is friendly, and un-professional, characterized by intrusive, frequent interruptions and multiple requests for the same item. 5 very small plates, two desserts, one glass of wine and one wine flight cost $120. Food is high-quality ingredients prepared simply, with care. It is not AOC, but you don't have to leave the Southbay, so you will enjoy it anyway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a hitTimoteoDined on 8/5/2013Another great experience at Mediterraneo. What can I say? It's a solid choice. Great tapas (small plate style) selections with a mix of interesting choices. A constantly evolving wine/beer/cocktail menu, with some that I've never even heard of before. Very good service. Attentive but not overbearing. Accommodating. I always enjoy dinner here and will definitely go back again.Special Features:
- My Favorite Hermosa RestaurantPacerFanVIPDined on 8/2/2013Outstanding food and service. My friend and I have eaten there many times over the life of the restaurant and even though the menu changed the quality of the food has not. Thank you for a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy but great food and drink.tommyDined on 7/26/2013Noisy but great food and drink. Definitely go back.I would recommend this to a friend.