366 Greenwich Ave
Greenwich, CT 06830-6523Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://mediterraneoofgreenwich.com/
- Phone: 2036294747
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 12:00Pm - 5:00PM.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30PM - 10:00PM. Friday - Saturday: 5:30PM - 10:30PM. Sunday: 5:00PM - 9:30PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Mediterraneo
The colors and flavors of the Mediterranean come to life at Mediterraneo, located on the exclusive Greenwich Avenue in the heart of Greenwich, Connecticut. Bathed in the soothing tones of sand and sea, the restaurant features an inviting outdoor terrace and a contemporary dining room where soft, undulating lines mirror ocean waves. This elegant nautical theme is carried over to the menu, which highlights fresh, succulent seafood as well as elevated Italian favoritesContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mediterraneo reviews from OpenTable diners
- Top NotchLostinstoweDined on 9/29/2013First rate neighborhood gem.. Not pretentious with a variety of delights on the menu served up by a well trained staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant outdoor dinning butLala1dinesVIPDined on 9/19/2013Pleasant outdoor dinning but limited seating (so call in advance)! Grilled calamari and mussels in red curry sauce made a nice lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Greenwich restaurantGreenwichPatDined on 9/6/2013Mediterraneo has maintained consistently good food and service since they opened. The service is good, and the menu changes so there's always something new and delicious to try. Whether it's lunch or dinner give this restaurant a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodWineloverDined on 8/22/2013One of our favorite places in Greenwich, whether dinner for two, with friends or lunch with co-workers. The food is always delicious- love the new menu.Special Features:
- lunch dateBen4Dined on 7/21/2013First date and first time meeting face to face. Was able to sit at a quiet table in the back. Servers did not bother us. View was beautiful, but you would need my date for that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent. Wine listOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/24/2013Food was excellent. Wine list was limired but adequate. Noise level high. Service was fine.Special Features:
- DependableBellaDined on 6/19/2013Good food and service. Nice atmosphere. Can always count on a good experience here and I have been coming coming here for years. All the friends I have introduced Mediterraneo to also like it very much.Special Features:
- A pleasant lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/17/2013We requested a quiet table along a wall and were given one. The service was very good and the food was excellent. It is a great place for a pleasant lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good!AnonymousVIPDined on 6/16/2013Great for a dinner with my husband or with friends because I know the food will not only be great, but we'll be able to hear each other. I'm not that old, but I really appreciate that the noise level is so reasonable as so many places one needs to shout to be heard and it can ruin the dining experience. On this occasion we had our teen aged kids with us and they were able to eat pizza, which made them happy and we ate very well not having pizza, which made us happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but service went missingOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/5/2013We arrived on time for our Open Table reservation and were seated at a quiet table. The person who seated us also announced himself a sour waiter and took our drink and food orders. Our dinners were quite good. After delivering our appetizer, our waiter never revisited us. We were served by a succession of bus boys and other waiters who were passing by. No one asked us if our dinner was satisfactory or for coffee or dessert, etc. When we departed we did spot our waiter working another section of the restaurant. After departing, we were informed by Open Table that the restaurant said we were a No Show.
- DisappointingAnonymousDined on 5/28/2013Booked here for a casual business lunch. Had not been in a few years; now I recall why. The food does not live up to the descriptions on the menu - falls flat. I ordered the Buratta Cheese salad with Warm Plum Tomato Confit and Smoked Proscuitto. The cheese was an oily mess, the tomato utterly devoid of taste (salt and pepper would have helped - but the waitstaff failed to bring any), and the prosciutto was so hard and stringy that I had to spit out in my napkin. Service was cold, perfunctory with a bit of "attitude". The place seems to have given up - just resting on past laurels and their Greenwich regulars. I will not be returning.
- ExcellentHRJMVIPDined on 5/25/2013Went for lunch with my husband. Food was excellent. Fresh, very well prepared and presented. Friendly staff, attentive. Flavors were so nicely blended. Nothing too heavy or greasy. I would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyable birthday lunchReginalampertVIPDined on 5/19/2013I took my mother-in-law here for her 95th birthday this weekend, and we were very pleased with our entire dining experience. The manager, Frank, was very accommodating and helpful, the staff were professional, eneryone really emjoyed their food, and they let us linger to enjoy the whole experience. Thank you so much for making us feel so welcome and attended to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attentive serverOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/6/2013The food was excellent for both me and my guest, but the attentiveness of our server is what would bring me back again. He never rushed us, nothing was too much to ask for, and he always had a smile on his face. it was my second time dining at Mediterraneo in Greenwich and this experience was definitely better than my first.Special Features:
- All went really well thatFridinDined on 4/5/2013All went really well that night, food and ambiance good, but service was outstanding!Special Features:
- Loved the food. The scallopsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013Loved the food. The scallops were great, seafood ravioli a real find. My daughter loved the angus steak. Very prompt and courteous service. Recommend this restaurant .Special Features:
- Love this restaurant! TheAnonymusDined on 3/31/2013Love this restaurant! The service was excellent and the atmosphere very cozy. The food was fabulous......will definitely go again. I also thought it was well priced.Special Features:
- Excellent food. Tiny portions.VA2GetawayVIPDined on 3/30/2013Excellent food. Tiny portions. Seat by the front door is cold.
- This was our first visit -OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/22/2013This was our first visit - a great find in Greenwich.Special Features:
- Can't go WrongOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/19/2013I've been here a number of times and have never been disappointed. Food is very very good. Atmosphere casual and pleasant.Special Features:
- My chicken soup was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/19/2013My chicken soup was great and my dining companion's chicken ceasar salad looked amazing. This was my second time- and definately going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid,enjoyable dinner, evening outMichelleDined on 3/16/2013Couldn't get our first choice for a celebratory dinner, so we went to plan B. Lovely restaurant with good food, service and decor. Very crowded and lots of tables for two. On the Main Street in greenwich, which was convenient. Nice bread basket with assortment and some cubed bread to dip easily in the pleasant, delicate bean dip on the table.. There is no actual bar in the restaurant, however,they serve a full array of alcohol: beer, wiine and mixed drinks, whatever you want. Food was well presented and tasty, however, portions small. Lighting was very pleasant, nice ambiance for dinner. They have an outside seating area for warmer weather, which opens out on side street, not Main Street, which would be preferable. I would return.Special Features:
- Excellent food. Very crowdedCJK123Dined on 3/9/2013Excellent food. Very crowded on a Saturday night. Service felt rushed.Special Features:
- Third time dining here, andkaiserschmarrnVIPDined on 2/13/2013Third time dining here, and once again the meal was exceptional. The yellowfin tuna crudo and crabmeat salad appetizers were both out of this world. Outstanding fish and seafood entrees. Desserts also delicious. Cozy and attractive space, professional and pleasant service. Like all its sister restaurants (Terra, Sole, Acqua), Mediterraneo never disappoints. We look forward to returning soon.Special Features:
- Nothing special, but convenientC4times3VIPDined on 1/30/2013Nothing special, but convenient to the movie theater
- The French lentils were outstandingLAODCVIPDined on 1/18/2013The French lentils were outstanding as was the organic salmon and salad dressing on the spring greens. The restaurant is appealing on every level except for the noise. Is there nothing that can be done to address that?Special Features:
- Food and table service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/13/2013Food and table service was very good. Ambiance so-so. Difficult to talk to each other re noise level. Upon arrival the maitre'd showed us to a table wedged between two others in the bar area which we asked to be changed since the restaurant was half empty, there were many tables available. We were quickly passed off to a waiter who seated us at a poorly located table on very hard chairs by the doorway. The maitre'd never came and asked if everything was Ok: he ignored us for the rest of dinner and even as we left, which did not leave us with a good impression. It seems that they have their regular clientel and are not interested in developing new diners. Probably wouldn't go back due to this unwelcome feeling and fair ambiance.Special Features:
- Great food, Great staff, GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Great food, Great staff, Great space, Great place.Special Features:
- This is a fantastic weekdayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/18/2012This is a fantastic weekday lunch spot year round. I come in from NYC to meet lower westchester & fairfield county friends here and I am always happy with food, service, and, the scene in general. The quality and presentation of the food is lovely and the service is really, always only fantastic. What's more: every table in the place - because of the architecture, floor to ceiling windows - has window view, i.e., sunlight, so every table is really a good table.Special Features:
- Terrific, dependable neihborhoodclgcoVIPDined on 12/11/2012Terrific, dependable neihborhood restaurant. Excellent food !Special Features:
- Mediterraeo was a great findKnyceDined on 12/5/2012Mediterraeo was a great find for us. We were there on a Wednesday night and it was a bustling scene. We were seated right away and enjoyed overhearing the conversations of business men and other eccentric Greenwichians surrounding us. Our server was knowledgeable, friendly and most important, wasn't afraid to ask us questions about what we liked and make appropriate recommendations that scored big with us. We had the short ribs which tasted more decadent than "stewy" and the Sea Bass. Both entrees were outstanding as were our salads which were just right. I'd recommend this place fondly. And look forward to dining there again.Special Features:
- Food is very good and worthOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/23/2012Food is very good and worth the wait for a somewhat slow service. But the restaurant tends to be packed and never disappoints.Special Features:
- Excellent food - I loved theInesDined on 11/16/2012Excellent food - I loved the Parmesan Crusted Halibut. Wonderful restaurant with very good and solid service and amazing food!Special Features:
- Vincent Salvatoriello. CEOVincent001Dined on 10/27/2012The experience was exceptional. The service both at the bar and table was excellent, the food was execptional and I cant wait to go back. The last time I was at Mediterraneo was about a year ago and they havent missed a beat.Special Features:
- Phenomenal Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/21/2012The food was absolutely amazaing! Every thing was cooked to perfection and with exquisite taste!Special Features: