5-7132 Kuhio Highway
Hanalei, HI 96714Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://kauaimedgourmet.com/
- Phone: 8088269875
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Sunday: 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Monday: 4:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Tuesday: Luau Only
Wednesday - Sunday: 4:30 PM - 8:30 PM.
New Years Eve Dinner: 5:00 to 9:00 (set 4 course menu with champagne $71.00 per person only)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Imad Beydoun
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: We are proud to feature live music every night we are open at our restaurant on the Kauai north shore. From Classical guitarists, to Belly Dancing, to full Luau entertainment.
A word from Mediterranean Gourmet
Savor cuisine from across the world without leaving Kauai. A unique, oceanfront dining experience awaits you at Mediterranean Gourmet. Situated at Hanalei Colony Resort, Mediterranean Gourmet has become a North Shore favorite among Kauai residents and worldwide travelers since opening in 2006. Inspired by the cuisine and culture of his native Lebanon, Chef Imad Beydoun and his wife Yarrow have created a relaxed atmosphere and amazing menu selections featuring Greek, French, Spanish, Italian and Lebanese influences. Whether you are looking for a relaxed lunch or a candlelit dinner, Mediterranean Gourmet is the perfect Kauai restaurant for you. Considered by many to be one of the best restaurants in Hawaii. Visitor’s from around the world are invited to make this Kauai restaurant their favorite Kauai restaurant too.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Mediterranean Gourmet - Best Restaurants in Princeville ›
Mediterranean Gourmet reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (26)romantic (16)special occasion (13)fit for foodies (11)good for groups (8)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (7)neighborhood gem (7)notable wine list (4)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Great foodHawaiifoodieDined on 10/8/2014The fattoush salad was excellent and the gyro was unreal. We didn't have room for dessert but the menu looked delicious. Wednesday was half price bottles of wine which was also a huge plus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long drive for little pay offHawaiiLoverDined on 10/5/2014We bypassed several closer restaurants in Hanalei and drove out to Mediterranean. Unfortunately, we were disappointed. My husbands $40 catch of the day was dry and unflavorable. We have eaten there several times before and had really enjoyed it.
- delicious food. impeccable service.bhatchDined on 10/4/2014I felt welcome from the moment I came to the door. the service was thorough and thoughtful. the atmosphere included a very talented musician who added a special quality to the serene ambiance of the place. the wine list wasn't extremely long, but the choices were varied and high quality. my meal was amazing - full of flavor without being full of grease and salt - how so much flavor could get into vegetable soup is a mystery. the fish was just as savory, and perfectly cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Local Dining!FormerChicagoFoodieVIPDined on 10/4/2014We loved everything about our experience with Mediterranean Gourmet - the food, the service, the location - we even told them it was better than dining at the St. Regis - everything about the experience was better. The catch of the day - beautifully prepared. The service - always pleasant. The view - incredible! Do yourself a favor, stick with local dining!Special Features:
- Best food on north shore KauaiOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/19/2014We were told about this place by a local that it was worth the drive from st Regis Princeville. It was most certainly worth the drive. Arrived at sunset and got some beautiful photos. Then to the food, which was delicious. Loved everything we had from the Greek salad to the hebi picatta. The view is amazing. The inside could use work but the music and happy servers made it disappear. Can't wait to return for some great food. Be aware it's not cheap, but well worth the cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/18/2014Although Mediterranean Gourmet is a bit out of the way, it is well worth the drive to find it. The food was excellent with a very nice menu to choose from. Our waiter was excellent providing suggestions when asked and the service was efficient but relaxed. We will add this to our list of places to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediterranean Gourmet ...the bestfoodieVIPDined on 9/13/2014We ate here to evenings during our one-week stay in Kaiai. Outstanding food, fabulous views, romantic setting, great service, all at a reasonable price. I believe this is the best restaurant on the island and maybe one of the best in Hawaii. Don't go to Kauai without driving to the North Shore and experiencing the Mediterranean gourmetSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceGarryWDined on 8/28/2014They take the time to leverage the Open Table technology. I put a note in about it being our 25th anniversary and they took extra special care of us, had the wait staff address by our names and really made us feel comfortable. The food was excellent and not overpriced especially if you stay with the salads, apps and sandwiches. The steamed clams were amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Worst ahi I ever had, plus the yogurt was way too runny even for Lebanese food.Special Features:
- Ocean front diningstarlingtonVIPDined on 8/20/2014Half price wine bottle night was awesome! We thoroughly enjoyed our bottle of Silver Oak for a very reasonable price! The food was fine. The owner describes the food as Lebanese French. I had bouillabaisse and my husband had the paella. It was tasty if a little underspiced. Both did have beautiful long strands of saffron though. I wonder if lamb would have been more of the chef's forte though or maybe the more straight forwardly Lebanese food. The dessert was amazing though. I don't like sweet coconut so I was unwilling to try the coconut baklava, but the chocolate lava cake was really, really good! It brings the food up from 3 stars to 4 stars! I was quite upset that my beloved insisted on sharing...Special Features:
- The best on north shore of KauaiHappyurhereDined on 8/17/2014I've been having lunch and dinner since Amad opened up. It is a great dining experience and the only restaurant on the water on the north shore of Kauai. The variety of music is welcome. Terrific experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceAunty49Dined on 8/16/2014I live in Princeville. Only 15-20 minute drive to Haena. Enjoyed the New York Steak. Although not as tender cut as a ribeye or tenderloin, the New York steak was surprisingly quite flavorful. Steak was finished with a brandy mushroom demi-glace & gorgonzola habañero cheese. Amazing flavor. Garlic mashed potatoes & sautéed seasonal vegetables was perfect.Special Features:
- Double check you bill...Manatee4meVIPDined on 8/9/2014The food was excellent as was the service until we got the bill. We were charged for wine served at a different table. When we requested that the extra charge be removed, they took off the lower priced wine we drank and left the expensive wine. So we had to have the bill re-done again. This place is pricey enough and has a good enough reputation that mistakes like this should not occur.Special Features:
- In the boonies, but worth the driveNumber1fooddudeVIPDined on 8/7/2014With the Hurriicane buzz going on we risked a possible flooded bridge for this gem. THe Hummus 3 ways was great I come from a vegan, vegatarian type family. The salads were great too. The Rack of Lamb was meaty and a nice cut, I just had to eat the bones like they were ribs. Our service was attentive and cordial. The prices might have been a little touristy, but I'd rate this place as a top 5 North Kauai Restaurant.Special Features:
- Vegetarian's delightOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/4/2014We had a wonderful lunch here while visiting the north coast of Kauai. We shared the falafel wrap and a kale salad with goat cheese. They were both super fresh and delicious. For dessert we enjoyed the coconut baklava that was drizzled with honey and rose water. So GOOD :-)Special Features:
- Best Restaurant on the North ShoreBobZDined on 8/1/2014Amazing food, great view and perfect atmosphere. If you are planning a special meal on the North Shore, look no further than the Med. Gormet. My wife and I had our wedding dinner here a few years back and made sure to make it our first stop on our trip back to Kauai. When we returned, not only did they remember us but they made sure to reserve the same table for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK Lebanese-Hawaiianby Tunnels/Ke'eRodakesqDined on 7/16/2014Beautiful location beachside, sort of eclectic middle eastern lanterns hanging from the ceilings...fresh Hawaiian ingredients, local guitarists playing softly in the background. So not unpleasant, just a little...different. Super service. For us, it's a once and done. My sister's seared ahi was cooked all the way through, and a bit dry. $38. It was 50% off wine night so that was good, it was just OK for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My North Shore Fave!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/11/2014"The Med" as I like to call it is my favorite spot to dine on the North Shore for Lunch or Dinner. I love the wide open atmosphere and it really is the only dining experience that is right on the water. The bar section is also very nice if one just wants to have a refreshment during Cocktail Time. Always love the scenic drive out as well. I am a Manager at The Prince Golf Club and I always recommend 'The Med" to our guests when they are looking for a great place to dine. Their feedback is always positive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/9/2014Fatoush salad and babaganoush were outstanding. Glad we went!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best viewWishiwasatpowellDined on 7/7/2014Located on the beach, you won't get a better view! The food is delicious as well. Friendly staff. Everything is great here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 220 reviews are from the Mediterranean Gourmet reviews archive.
- Over priced in HaenaOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/23/2014We left the Mediterranean Grill feeling aggravated that we spent $100 on a so so meal when we could've eaten much better at the St. Regis for less. Our meal consisted of two entrées one small split salad and we both had water and no drinks. There was no bread or flat bread provided as is normal in a Mediterranean restaurant. The floor was dirty. This is clearly a mediocre restaurant posing as a fine dining experience because they have a nice view. Absolutely not worth the money. Are only poor meal we've had in two weeks in kauai.Special Features:
- Kaua'i FavoriteHappyVIPDined on 6/19/2014Mediterranean Gourmet is our favorite restaurant on the Northshore of Kaua'i! Imagine mediterranean cuisine with Hawaiian ingredients..... super fresh Pacific fish, excellent service, full bar and nice wine list, pleasant surroundings, casual and relaxed. Mediterranean Gourmet is located in Haena, beyond Hanalei. It is the restaurant at the Hanalei Colony Resort (wonderful place to stay). You will love Mediterranean Gourmet -- it is a notable restaurant with easy, relaxed service, ample portions, good value and fabulous food!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server was lackingNewlywedsDined on 6/16/2014Our server was not very good. He asked if we were celebrarting anything and our parents announced that we were celebrating our recent nuptials. He didn't even acknowledge it. Instead he went on to poke fun at my new husbands parents matching outfits. Awkward to say the least. Food was good though & it is the only restaurant at this location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food we had on KauaiNancyDined on 6/12/2014We had the seafood pasta which was the special for the evening. Great flavor! We would be there every night but it is too expensive.Special Features:
- DisappointedJimNDined on 5/28/2014Our hotel recommended Meditarranean Gourmet to us when we checked in. We waited 30 minutes for a table, even though we had a reservation. Then we waited 15 minutes to get a glass of wine. The food was okay, but the service was terrible. Several others including the manager stepped in to help our waitress. But no one offered an apology or asked for our feedback. Seems they just wanted the evening to be over. Isolated bad night, or systemic issues, we don't know.
- perfectionJonPDined on 5/28/2014This restaurant represents the best of dining in Hawaii. Beautiful setting, great food, perfect service and reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & Ocean BreeezesSweetKristiGirlVIPDined on 5/17/20144 of us dined on a Saturday evening before sunset. Nice ocean breezes at our semi-private table with water views were extra nice. Live music was excellent. Food was delicious and drinks were amazing......try the refreshing Ginger & Gilligan with cucumber, lemon, ginger and vodka (I belive?)Special Features:
- Always a good mealJBGWVIPDined on 5/15/2014Great and friendly service, comfortable ambience, good food.Special Features:
- Diverse Mediterranean menuReedelVIPDined on 5/15/2014The diverse menu offered many great Mediterranean options and the food was a nice change of pace from the typical Hawaiian fare offered elsewhere. Our server was friendly and attentive. The ambiance is a nice update of the old Charro's restaurant but it can still use further updates. We wish the wall of windows could be opened all the way so we were not looking at the beautiful view through screens, glass and seaspray. Overall it was a lovely lunch spot - very relaxing and quiet!Special Features:
- Great anniversary dinnerJavasteveDined on 5/7/2014We visited on May 7 to celebrate our 31st wedding anniversary. Food was outstanding. We shared a flatbread appetizer which was very tasty. I had a Greek salad and the Ahi dinner special. My wife had chicken kabobs. Portions were generous and we had to take some food home. Visit on Wednesday when they offer half price wine. The wine offerings are very nice and we shared a bottle of Pinot Noir with our meal. Service was very good and the ocean view was very nice. Look forward to visiting again on a future trip to Kauai.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Settingplunder1Dined on 5/2/2014Great menu'. Different from the tedium of the local cuisine. Don't get me wrong I love Kulua pork but after a while.....Great fresh fish specials.Special Features:
- fun and good foodRubyEliteDined on 5/1/2014our entire party of 6 had a great meal . The setting is great , good drinks , good food , good service and a fun restaurant - all in the beautiful north end of the island. Go and have a good time and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/20/2014Our second visit to Med Gourmet, food and service were very good. The one thing that blemished our visit was the table next to ours with 2 very noisy and poorly behaved children. The parents seemed completely oblivious, but they left when our desserts arrived, so that was enjoyable at least.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for KauaiOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/14/2014I have vacationed on Kauai 7 times over the last 15 years and there are no really outstanding restaurants on the island, so comparatively Mediterranean Gourmet is definitely one of the best. The food is very good! My only real complaint is for a high end restaurant the service was not very attentive. No big problem - waiter spoke so softly that we had to ask him to repeat a couple of times and needed to ask for our water and coffee to be filled. They had some very nice musicians playing folk and Hawaiian music in the dining room. Overall a very nice experience and I would recommend MG!Special Features:
- Mixed FeelingsMarcSVIPDined on 4/11/2014Its a large place and it was 3/4 empty on a Friday night. The menu was all over the place for our party of four 2 liked their meals 2 were so-so. I wouldn't go back. However, it is the only restaurant in Princeville right on the beach, a great view.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/9/2014Best meal we had on Kauai. The lamb and the ono were fantastic! Service was incredible. A must if you like Mediterranean food!Special Features:
- Good dining option on north shoreFoodiefinderDined on 4/7/2014This was a solid restaurant choice. The restaurants on Kauai are not the same level we're used to in the LA area but this was delicious. The staff was very helpful and kind. We enjoyed everything we ordered and the view is wonderful!Special Features:
- Far northwestern Kauai delightful fVegheadfoodieVIPDined on 4/7/2014Wonderful hummus, baba ganouj , clams, fish, flatbread and other Mediterranean food, nice wine list and great margarita --cheerful, competent servers--on the ocean.. What more could one want? Not your usual Hawaiian tourist trap restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing ExperiencedonnaldDined on 4/6/2014Of all the nice restaurants we went to, this one was disappointing. My steak was tough, and the food was just ok. It was really expensive, the most expensive meal that we had on the island. It was really hard to see out of the windows because they were cloudy. Otherwise it would have been a beautiful ocean view. The reason we went there was for the entertainment. It was a man and a woman. She seemed really nice, but only danced a few songs. The dancing was really good, but mostly she sat down.Special Features:
- The evening live music wasOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/6/2014The evening live music was interactive and perfect for the ambiance. I would come back to the restaurant to hear Primrose and Randy play again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.