29 Hulfish St
Princeton, NJ 08542Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mediterrarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6092529680
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am -4:pm, Saturday - Sunday 12:noon - 4:pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday 5:pm - 10:pm, Friday & Saturday 5:pm - 11:pm, Sunday 5:pm-9:pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Terry Strong
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The private dining room at Mediterra comfortably seats up to 40 people. We currently offer lunch, dinner, and weekend brunch options, as well as tasting menus, all of which can be completely custom designed to meet your tastes and budget.
- Private Party Contact: Jamie Panfili (609) 497-7500
- Entertainment: Live Music on Tuesday & Thursday evenings, (check calendar @ www.mediterrarestaurant.com)
BYOB on Sundays, 4:pm - 7:pm
A word from Mediterra
Approachable cuisine of the 21 countries surrounding the Mediterranean Sea. Offers award-winning wine list. Seasonal alfresco dining overlooks Princeton's Palmer Square. Live music in a newly remodeled Tavern, Private Dining available as well!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Mediterra - Best Restaurants in Princeton ›
Mediterra reviews from OpenTable diners
294 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (210)neighborhood gem (117)fit for foodies (109)special occasion (100)notable wine list (94)great for lunch (88)good for groups (69)romantic (64)hot spot (55)great for brunch (54)vibrant bar scene (46)scenic view (37)kid-friendly (33)late-night find (21)Show More
- start to finish...outstanding!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014The decor, ambiance & location of Mediterra are perfect. Alyssa, our server was fantastic. Her 1st day and she was spot on with the menu & drink items. We and our friends enjoyed the cheese board, salumi board, octopus, mussels & the yellowtail ceviche. Main courses...crisp chicken, sea bass & ratatouille, duck, pork chop (the size of a rib eye!), paella & a second paella for the everyone to enjoy...we're all above and beyond our expectations! Our friends, all avid food lovers & chefs, were all completely satisfied. Mediterra came recommended by a friend, who said it's her "go to restaurant for the best in fine dining". Thank you for a wonderful evening, to the owners & staff of Mediterra. CiaoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediterra is always a pleasureArthurJacobVIPDined on 8/24/2014Perfect Sunday weather so why not eat on their terrace? Their spring minestrone soup was so delicious! We had an enjoyable lunch, pleased that they offer both the brunch and lunch menus. There were many toddlers and infants and strollers but overall not too bad noise wise, maybe because the outdoor air mitigates the crying and fussing, etc. (there was an intermittent bit of that) - but overall not too bad.Special Features:
- ChillyDined on 8/23/2014Great food, extensive wine list . Felt the wine Stewart was a bit too aggressive trying to sell a more expensive bottle . Over all a very nice evening . Will go back for sure !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Night!DELO102Dined on 8/23/2014What a wonderful evening we had at Mediterra! The food was outstanding and very tasty. Our waiter Martino was spot on and very attentive to our every need. We ordered the Paella Clasica for two The calasparra rice with chorizo pork sausage that accompanied the chicken, clams, mussels, shrimp & calamari…..was fabulous! The bread was homemade, with a side dipping oil with just the right amount of herbs..the best we have ever tasted. Don’t think you are too full for dessert, because the cheesecake is a must have!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Apps were good special disappointedmarcofridaynightDined on 8/22/2014Apps were good, the special sucked, the wine by the glass was ok except for the rose, which was awful...get some stuff from Provence. Service seemed like they were ready to go home when the dining room cleared out at 9pm. We're not all old fogies...we're paying good money here to enjoy a nice evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a disappointmentAJfromNJDined on 8/22/2014I took some friends from Canada to Mediterra and we all had a wonderful dinner. The paella and pork chops were outstanding! Unfortunately, it was a little cold and wet so we opted to go inside otherwise I prefer eating outside. Having spent a lot of time in Europe and Canada where outdoor dining is very common, it is unfortunate that there aren't more choices in NJ. However, Princeton is a good spot with several establishments offering outdoor dining. Mediterra has the best spot. I have eaten here probably two dozen times over the last 8 years and never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & atmosphere!ElvieDined on 8/21/2014Great recommendation by a friend. Food, service & atmosphere were great - we had dinner outside in the terrace, definitely should do that if you can. Staff and service were excellent. I had the Pan Seared Duck Breast & leg and it was delicious and very good sized portion - loved the wild rice. My dinner mates had the Grilled Pork Chop (again, very good sized portion and tasty), Pappardelle Bolognese and Fusilli Col Buco (very tasty). Our vegan friend enjoyed her dishes. Bread was excellent. Yes, pricey, but you get the value given the location & ambience. Good wine selection - again little pricey, but part of the package. Reservations are recommended. They have a great happy hour deal, so will try that soon. Definitely coming back!Special Features:
- Nice placeBJncVIPDined on 8/21/2014Whenever we are in Princeton, we find our way to Mediterra. Great mussels Provencale and the grilled Octopus was a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice date spotFoodDined on 8/20/2014Went on a great date there, they have vegetarian options place is nice looking. Kind of expensive but it is Princeton.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently ExcellentGailandNormanDined on 8/20/2014Mediterra is our go to place with out-of-town guests. There is something on the menu for any taste. It is pricey but never disappoints for service and quality of food. They do fish particularly well. The outdoor dining is far back from the street and very pleasant in the evening or daytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- latelunchVIPDined on 8/19/2014Spontaneous reservation, meeting a good friend who was alone, invited to join us, and it was wonderful. the pork chop entree and the sea bass were delicious. Quaffing both with a Malbec was a grand choice. Complementary port was much appreciated and was just icing on the beautiful cake. thank you. We look forward to the next time here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2014The service was amazing, everyone was very attentive and you could tell they were formally trained. Great wine list and outdoor seating was comfortable. Enjoyed the food options as well. Definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent lunch in PrincetonBusinessLuncherDined on 8/13/2014Food and service was great. It was a bit loud simply because the place is so popular. But prompt service with a simple but still varied menu made for a great business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014I went this Sunday for my anniversary with my girlfriend and the service was horrible. My girlfriend ordered pasta and was still hungry afterwards. I ordered the steak and found a hair.Special Features:
- Millstone Township, NjBernieDined on 8/8/2014did not care for paella…. but my girlfriend had the steak and said it was "enjoyable", overpriced for the quality of food, in my opinion. can eat much better fare at a 5 star restaurant in NYC, for same prices,,, or less. so was not impressed with this restaurant.Special Features:
- Perfect for outdoor diningSusanVIPDined on 8/8/2014Our dinner was excellent but the real draw is the outdoor space. It was a perfect summer night, service was attentive and friendly and we enjoyed every minute.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Does Not Disapoint!juleezeeDined on 8/8/2014We've been to Mediterra for dinner throughout the years and now for lunch. As always, the food and service were very good, but sitting outside on the gorgeous patio made it so much more enjoyable. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nonicknameVIPDined on 8/6/2014We were a party of four and did a little sharing. All the dishes were delicious. Our only quibble: our waiter disappeared after dropping off the dessert menus and never returned. Did he go home? It took much too long to get the check. And we never got a chance to order coffee. The excellence of the food will bring us back for another special occasion, however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love It!GreatNightDined on 8/5/2014It was my first time there, and I loved it will be going back.Special Features:
- Consistently DeliciousLeelaDined on 8/5/2014The food, service, and experience is always a sure bet here.Special Features:
- Great food to savor at leisureKathyVDined on 8/5/2014Each dish had a surprise interpretation of a classic and we enjoyed the time to linger and talk.Special Features:
- Consistently enjoyablenofastfoodDined on 8/2/2014Staff is on point! Pleasant, attentive, helpful, and genuinely seem to care about giving customers a great experience. When the place is packed it can get loud but the staff never slows down and the food is served at a great pace and always delicious! Pork chops are some of the best we've had as well as their bolognese sauce.Special Features:
- All Around Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014From the time we arrived everything was outstanding. A drink at the bar. Our table ready on schedule. Service and food were all top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InterestingCraigClaytonDined on 8/2/2014Excellent cuisine, service was very professional but too fast felt they were handing us our hat before we too our first bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Anniversary DinnerGaryGallDined on 8/1/2014My wife wanted to go to Mediterra for our 31st wedding anniversary. We live in Silver Spring, MD, so we made plans to stay overnight. The meal was memorable and well worth the journey. From the sangria, to the breads and especially the delectable paella, everything was simply amazing. The service was impeccable and we felt like we were guests in a home. We will certainly return at the earliest opportunity.Special Features:
- another great mealJohn70Dined on 8/1/2014We went with another couple. The gentleman said it was one the meals he had ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my reviewsusanDined on 7/31/2014Foot was very good; excellent in fact. I had reserved an outside table on line, but when we got there one was not available and I was then told I could not reserve an outside table--but my group of 7 could wait 20 minutes and maybe get one. Not acceptable. .I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but...FloridaDined on 7/29/2014Good food. Spotty service. Kids in first summer job.Special Features:
- Not Bad, but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014I treated my husband to a birthday dinner out at Mediterra recently, as I have been to this restaurant a few times (mostly for lunch) but he has never been. We sat outside on the terrace on Palmer Square, which was very nice in the beautiful July weather we've been having. It took a while for our server to come to our table, probably about 5-10 minutes or so (which seems like forever when you are hungry). The waitress was very pleasant (no issues there) but the food was less than expected for the amount that they charge. My fusilli was drowning in sauce and the greek chicken that my husband ordered was kind of bland. The dessert and coffee that we ordered was so/so. It all was edible but I expected a bit more bang for my buck.Special Features:
- Very good as usualDoctimDined on 7/25/2014I have eaten here many times and have always had a well cooked and presented meal, with attentive but not overly so service. I will definitely be back again. Our only disappointment was that we had to eat indoors, but with such great outdoor eating weather that night, the lack of enough tables for everyone who wanted one was not surprising.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Princeton PerfectTrudyLooDined on 7/24/2014With the interesting food combinations, the great service and the outdoor dining option, this is a great find. We dined there on one of those perfect summer days that made the occasion even more special. Service was crisp, but not rushed and the waiter was most knowledgeable about about the menu. A win/win all around. Enjoy.Special Features:
- Disappointing-have been here beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/22/2014The waiter didn't speak adequate English, so service suffered. We were there forever waiting too long for each course. My salmon was awful- I would have thrown it out if I had bought it myself. It tasted very old. We've come here when I've visited my aunt for birthdays. Each time we've had a great time, until this time! :(Special Features:
- Great Place to dineFoodieDined on 7/20/2014Mediterra is an amazing restaurant with great tasting food. I had the Greek chicken entrée and it was simply superb. Will definitely go back here again to sample something else.Special Features:
- Delicious!TeeLovesFOODDined on 7/19/2014One of my favorite restaurants! So gorgeous, and great food =)Special Features:
- Enjoyable dinnerGhostDined on 7/19/2014We started off the meal with the Burrata Caprese which was excellent. The combination of heirloom and beefsteak tomatoes along with the fresh Mozzarella were a taste duo. We shared Paella for two which was very tasty. Overall the meal was very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We really had a super mealLOU27VIPDined on 7/18/2014Super friendly , great food. Appetizers came out almost the same time as the entree . Manager had new entree made and comped appetizers. They go out of their way to make their customers happy. Definitely return. Food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made a reservationfoodislyfeDined on 7/18/2014Made a reservation but when we arrived we were told the wait will be 15 minutes. However it was only 5 minutes and we were quickly seated. Our server was very knowledgeable as well as friendly. The food was delicious!Special Features:
- DisappointingPrincetondinerDined on 7/13/2014We have been to Mediterra multiple times and the service and food was not consistent. While the food was good on Sunday (not exceptional), the service was less than what would be expected. For example, the waitress asked what kind of water we wanted (we asked for sparkling); she responded "Okay, plain ice water," left and brought plain ice water. When we ordered the wine (white), the waitress brought it, poured and said she would be right back with a wine chiller. She did not bring it--we had to ask the next time we could even get her attention. Regarding the food, my son's striped bass was good, the paella the rest of us shared (3 people) was just okay. We have had better--even at Mediterra. We will not be going back for a while.Special Features:
- ElizabethDined on 7/13/2014Service is efficient and all diners are treated with respect. The ambiance is conducive to dining by all ages. Everything is clean and the table assistants do a good job of cleaning between courses. The meals are delicious and presented in a delightful manner, nicely garnished.Special Features:
- DanNYDined on 7/12/2014Excellent location and setting, especially if you are lucky enough to sit outside on a nice evening as we were. Service was quite attentive and the menu is varied and solid. A good choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.