29 Hulfish St
Princeton, NJ 08542Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mediterrarestaurant.com/
- Phone: (609) 252-9680
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am -4:pm, Saturday - Sunday 12:noon - 4:pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday 5:pm - 10:pm, Friday & Saturday 5:pm - 11:pm, Sunday 5:pm-9:pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Terry Strong
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The private dining room at Mediterra comfortably seats up to 40 people. We currently offer lunch, dinner, and weekend brunch options, as well as tasting menus, all of which can be completely custom designed to meet your tastes and budget.
- Private Party Contact: Jamie Panfili (609) 497-7500
- Entertainment: Live Music on Tuesday & Thursday evenings, (check calendar @ www.mediterrarestaurant.com)
BYOB on Sundays, 4:pm - 7:pm
A word from Mediterra
Approachable cuisine of the 21 countries surrounding the Mediterranean Sea. Offers award-winning wine list. Seasonal alfresco dining overlooks Princeton's Palmer Square. Live music in a newly remodeled Tavern, Private Dining available as well!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Mediterra - Best Restaurants in Princeton ›
Mediterra reviews from OpenTable diners
255 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (154)fit for foodies (128)neighborhood gem (120)notable wine list (99)special occasion (94)good for groups (89)great for lunch (72)hot spot (57)romantic (56)vibrant bar scene (41)great for brunch (39)scenic view (32)kid-friendly (22)late-night find (21)Show More
- It's always good hereFoodieDebVIPDined on 11/24/2014Have now been to this restaurant three times and all have been a wonderful experience. very nice wait staff, bread is amazing, salads are wonderful and fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A return after many yearsthe2BsDined on 11/21/2014Our waitress was very pleasant. We shared a paella which was delicious, filled with many different protein along with the rice. We had been there many years before but with very negative experiences, so this return was a big question for us. We were pleasantly surprised and plan to return as food and service were up to par. It's nice to again have another restaurant in town, prior to theater or just to enjoy some good food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night out in PrincetonEdandSusieDined on 11/21/2014We had tickets for an 8:00 show at McCarter Theater and booked a reservation at Mediterra for 5:45 on a Friday evening. The service was excellent, so we had plenty of time to make it to the show. The wait staff were very helpful and attentive. We have been here several times in the past and were not disappointed with our food. This is one of our favorite Princeton restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and food were both goodALFM2082VIPDined on 11/19/2014Menu and service were both good. Great place to meet friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Crowded for a Tuesday night.DettaDined on 11/18/2014Great food. live music in the bar but unable to hear it if not in the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful experience, with a minor flawNimbleBeanDined on 11/17/2014Food is always great, service is wonderful. The dining experience is terrific here. But, be careful when using the "Suggested Gratuity" on the bill. It's been calculated using the entire cost - including tax! I'm a generous tipper and have had a number of jobs waiting tables in high end and mid range restaurants. The tip is NEVER to be calculated using the tax as no one did anything to 'earn' the tax! I tip more than 25% as a rule, but this was off-putting. I didn't short the wonderful waiter, but it did make me think differently about this restaurant. Shame on you Mediterra/Terra Momo Restaurant Group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- decent restaurant, densley packedhere2eatDined on 11/15/2014Went first time this saturday with wife. Reviews classified it as high end, menu prices reflected same. When reached there we we seated promptly which was nice. Ordered falafel and ceviche, salmon and ribeye and few glasses of wine. Appetizers were excellent, especially falafel. Entrees were good as well. Staff service the same. So what is the downside. For such an upscale restaurant, we were packed in very tight. There is so much noise in the restaurant that to speak with my wife I always had to reach over table, unless wanted neighboring tables to hear. I do understand its saturday night, but when dropping $150+ for two, expect it more elegant. We felt more like in a noisy cafeteria. If they can improve this, we would go back.
- special occasion diningAlanVIPDined on 11/14/2014We dined here for my daughters birthday -- the entrees (Pork Ossobuco, Griggs Chicken, Salmon, and Gnocchi Sweet Potato) were excellent and the deserts (Bent Spoon Trio, Apple Tart, and Mocha Tart) were worth sliding off a diet for the evening. The restaurant is crowded -- that's a good thing and parking is difficult on the street. Better option is the garage directly diagonal to restaurant with vehicle entrance around corner to the left from front of restaurant. Make sure you have reservations. Pricey but worth the dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Food. Excellent and Attentive Servicesuzie71Dined on 11/14/2014I met a friend from Philadelphia for lunch, and Princeton was the half way between her home and mine. We both enjoyed Mediterra very much. We each had a different soup, and split the salmon/ bacon sandwich. Each taste was great. We also had the olive cake for dessert. Truly worth the calories. Its a bustling place during lunch. We requested a table somewhat removed from the din and was accommodated. No complaints whatsoever. Go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, but busy and crowdedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/13/2014tasty food, but felt rushed because of busy atmosphere. dinner time tends to be noisier than I'd preferSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/13/2014The food was very good as it usually is. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServicexxJM25xxVIPDined on 11/8/2014Our waitress was amazing. She was very personable, and quick to fix my plate of falafel even though I was the one who forgot to order them without the tzatziki. It was a great restaurant to have a girls night, would definitely go back when I'm in the area. Thanks!!Special Features:
- LocalTulanearchiVIPDined on 11/8/2014I love drinks and tapas at the bar..but was pleasantly surprised with how great lunch was. Everyone was thrilled with theirs. New chef? Whatever the change was it was delicious ! Much improved entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeat customerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/7/2014I have dined at Mediterranean many times and experienced consistent quality and overall excellent service. They have a nice wine list with a variety of price points.Special Features:
- Service was FANTASTIC!MartiniTartDined on 11/3/2014I made reservations to meet friends for lunch. One friend was held up and arrived late. The staff couldn't have been nicer and more accommodating. The service was fabulous and the food delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014The food was OK, but for the price I expected much more.
- Good food. Nice menu.EatswellDined on 11/1/2014I would definitely recommend Mediterra. I met my date there on a Saturday night and the restaurant was very busy. We both had the special salad and the special fish on the menu that night. Both were nicely prepared and tasty. However, there were also many other choices on the regular menu that I would have liked to try. The only negative was that we were seated very close to the kitchen door and the couple dining next to us. We would have been able to hear each other's conversations were it not for the overall noise level of the restaurant, which was pretty loud. If I were to go back (I don't live in the area so I don't know if I will) I would ask for a table in a more secluded part of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always exceptionalBWITCH11VIPDined on 10/30/2014Jeff and Franco make every night here special. Love Love Love this place-Special Features:
- Fun menu!HarvestdancerVIPDined on 10/26/2014Always some great menu surprises and specials at Mediterra! Creative, using local produce and seasonal specialties. The results are always great. Had both a salad and pasta dish that were from the daily specials, and they were excellent! Husband had the Osso Bucco: a favorite. Outstanding!
- Five Stars to Mediterrajan5ceeDined on 10/25/2014What a great place for large groups of all types. The wine and food are always outstanding and the service is excellent. Never rushed & always great. Thank you.Special Features:
- Thumbs up againFoodieDined on 10/24/2014We were @ the Resturant to celebrate my friends bday. Though we had reservations @9. They gave us table by 9.20 but did accommodate the request of table by the window. Food was plentiful and their wine selection is awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediterra business or pleasureGirlsniteoutDined on 10/23/2014I always take business clients and friends to Mediterra. This time it was a girls night out. Two hours went by so quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- latelunchVIPDined on 10/23/2014On a rainy day the split pea soup we ordered hit the spot with just the right amount of spice and sweet potato. The salmon a la planca was also to the right temperature. The white wines were delightful. A couple of cappuccinos were a nice denouement to the medley of food, wine, ambience and service received fom Amy and Emily. To return without hesitation!!Special Features:
- Great restaurantalwayshungryDined on 10/18/2014Service was outstanding, starters were great, main course was OK nothing remarkable, wine was good too.Special Features:
- Great for business lunch.JohnDined on 10/16/2014I met a networking contact here for lunch. The menu was amazing and the specials were even better. This is one of those restaurants where you always end up ordering one of the specials. The restaurant is affiliated with Eno Terra in Kingston, and so they have the same level of access to fresh, local ingredients.Special Features:
- SteveDined on 10/10/2014Food OK Pallea was not so good even though it was recommended. Had lamb before that was very good so inconsistent with the food. Nice place overall.Special Features:
- Dinning DelightPpedDined on 10/9/2014Food excellent. Wine delicious. Staff attentive but allowed enough time for friends to catch up and chat.Special Features:
- Very DisappointinggourmetamyDined on 10/8/2014Met our daughter here for her Birthday. The service was ok but not exceptional. The salad of greens and roasted butternut squash was awful..the squash was hard barely cooked and definitely not roasted. The tuna appetizer had no flavor..the jalapenos were less spicy than a bell pepper! The cheese board had three very small squares of cheese and a grape cluster that had 3 grapes on it! Waiter told us they are known for the paella..bad choice..not much seafood and my husband had a bad mussel. Rice in the paella had flavor but was overcooked and very sticky. I had a pasta dish with pasta out of the box. I am surprised bad restaurants can stay in business in Princeton.
- Great Service & MealDaveDined on 10/5/2014Having been here a few times we were not surprised to have good cocktails, wine, and food. The staff is always friendly and knowledgable. For dinner my wife and both ordered the Osso Bucco for the first time. Turns out that they only had one order left in the kitchen, so what they did was serve half of the meat to each of us, and as a surprise to compensate brought us a variety of additional appetizers to share, at no cost. The portions of the Osso Bucco are quite large, and sharing the plate would have been enough! The way our server and the manager handled the whole situation was really great, we were very impressed. Our server also knew wines and recommended a perfect pairing. Wonderful evening, we recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service !!!FranceDined on 10/3/2014The service is too long and not very kindly. Last time it was the same thing. A big progress should be done
- ScappydinerDined on 10/3/2014I was looking for a restaurant in the Princeton area that offered food options that resembled more of a european menu. I found Mediterra on-line and was not disappointed when I entertained my discerning client there. The food was well prepared and the service was impeccable. The pappardelle bolognese was excellent as were the other dishes served to our table. We sat in the outdoor dining area and really enjoyed the lunch. I would definitely return and highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AustingalVIPDined on 10/1/2014Food was excellent and perfect for our business dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Wonderful ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/28/2014My family went to Mediterra for dinner on Sunday. The restaurant was busy, but not jammed. Our waitress was attentive, and offered great suggestions for appetizers and the wine. We all enjoyed the food, which was familiar (salmon, pork chop, steak), but with an interesting twist to the garnishes and sauce. The portions were large and woderfully prepared. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemRobertVIPDined on 9/28/2014This is a great Neighborhood restaurant in the middle of Princeton. They have a very nice outdoor dinning area overlooking the small square and shops. Its is a perfect place for a relaxing meal. We enjoyed a quiet dinner with friends and both the food and service were top notch. We will be going back for sure.Special Features:
- Never disappointsLOU27VIPDined on 9/27/2014We have been here at least 5 times and each visit gets better (with the exception of the occasional wait if you want to be seated outside. Great place! Save room for dessert though at Bent Spoon up the street!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was excellent.DhdubbsDined on 9/27/2014Food was tasty. Fish was not cooked throughly thoughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Princeton's Bestmanger123VIPDined on 9/27/2014It was the perfect day in terms of weather and the leisurely brunch/lunch was also perfect. The food is consistently good, and varied. The wine list--which admittedly can get mucho expensive--has some really good affordable finds as well. I have been eating here for years, and recommend it very, very highly.Special Features:
- Princeton GemGlutenFreeDined on 9/27/2014There are many good restaurants to choose from when dining in Princeton. Mediterra is one of the best. Great menu, excellent service and good prices. You can spend more in Princeton but you cannot get better than Mediterra. It is our go to restaurant - with an excellent middle of town location.Special Features:
- Great night out for wife's b-dayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014We had a fantastic bottle of wine and a great dining experience this weekend at Mediterra. We got to sit outside on a perfect fall night. I ordered the lamb chops that were delicious a cooked to a perfect medium rare and my wife had the pasta special which she loved. The service was wonderful to ensure every part of the experience was to our liking. There was a new dessert created by their pastry chef we were lucky enough to try that was a mousse like combination of espresso and chocolate, covered in a velvety smooth dark chocolate that was stunning!! The experience overall is worth the higher price for a meal and in Princeton, this remains my favorite restaurant by far.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChristmasmouseDined on 9/25/2014Staff were friendly and competent. My Caesar Salad was warm and overpowered by a lemon taste. My steak was well prepared (medium rare as requested) My dining companions were divided--swordfish ( a special) quite good and papardelle was a tiny portion lacking flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.