815 E. Westfield Blvd
Indianapolis, IN 46220Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: (317) 253-1141
- Hours of Operation:
monday-thursday 4pm to 10pm
friday-saturday 4pm to 11pm
sunday 4pm to 9pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Mediterra
casual dining experience with a mediterranean touchContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mediterra reviews from OpenTable diners
- slvmrcDined on 7/4/2014It was 4th of july and this restaurant was available with a little patio outdoor. The fried calamari were small and tender and very lightly battered. Perfect. The we both had fish delicious and a bottle of fume blanc ferraroSpecial Features:
- Enjoyable eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/14/2014We visited for our anniversary. The chicken dishes were well prepared and the potato sides were excellent. I would also highly recommend the sangria. Very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- CortneyDined on 6/13/2014First time diner, loved the atmosphere but slow slow service. Dirty plates sat for a long time. Would love to try more things on the menu but with better service .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediterraLindseyDined on 6/5/2014We went to Mediterra during the Chow Down Midtown event. We each received three course meals. Our food ranged from mediocre to very good. The waiter wrote down all of our dishes correctly, but did not know which seat any of these dishes would be going to as he just marked check marks on his sheet of paper. In addition, we waited for a very long time for our appetizers and entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day DinnerDiner22Dined on 5/11/2014We were the only table in the restaurant. The restaurant did not feel clean and the food was average. We sat inside and I have never sweat so much during a meal as the restaurant thermostat read 78 degrees. I felt a little embarrassed taking my Mother to this restaurant for her special day.
- Food was good but very highJudyVIPDined on 3/8/2014Food was good but very high in garlic. Might return a second time and try something different.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I am an Uber driver and wasUberDined on 2/27/2014I am an Uber driver and was out looking for places to recommend to my riders. Over all it was a good dining experience, service and food was above average. There are 2 sides to the restaurant, 1 for dining and bar and the 2nd for special venue(good for comedy shows, live bands etc.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediterraMinerDined on 1/3/2014Our group of four enjoyed a lovely Saturday evening together. Good friends, good food, nice ambiance made for a memorable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday Night DinnerKoriBDined on 12/6/2013My fiancé and I had a great dinner at Mediterra last Friday night. It was quiet and the food was great. We had good service and we would love to go back. Our server mentioned that Mediterra sometimes has live music - we would love to go back on a live music night.Special Features:
- in indianapolis visiting familyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/29/2013in indianapolis visiting family for thanksgiving. found mediterra on opentable near our hotel. mediterra was quiet on the friday after thanksgiving; the food was excellent, the staff both friendly and attentive, and the prices reasonable. flatbread and the fried ravioli appetizers were very tasty. the four of us each tried a different food selection and all agreed their dish was excellent. will put mediterra on my restaurant list for our next visit to indianapolis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- broad ripple locationBoilerKurtVIPDined on 11/23/2013the food was quite good but not spectacular, as was the service. taking menu prices into account, the value proposition was just so-so.Special Features:
- ReviewLizzard1603Dined on 11/16/2013When we walked in the only other customers walked out. We were greeted at the door and walked immediately walked to a table. The waiter gave us a 5 minute presentation about the menu. After about 20 minutes went by 3 other groups came in, which made me feel more comfortable. We ordered the goat cheese dip and it was delicious. However, they did not give us enough bread. As a main course we split the lamb with a $3 splitting charge. They split the meat in half but they fill both plates with the side items. We thought this was great. This was delicious. To make up for the lack of meat we also order the Grecian meatballs and those were also good. We could tell all the food was homemadeSpecial Features:
- would not returnCareBearDined on 9/14/2013The service was good but we were the only diners there on a Saturday night. The food we ordered was something we could have cooked better ourselves. I will not return.
- ho-humcindianaVIPDined on 9/14/2013not great, not bad - Sat night & empty, what's that tell you - good people watching spot & free parkingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not greatfishloverDined on 9/11/2013The service was great... friendly, efficient. The food was good, just good, and the prices seemed a bit high for 'good.' Something is missing there... the ambience or specialty dishes... and while we liked our food and the service, I'm not sure that we would go back.Special Features:
- Great Broad Ripple Spot!PaulDined on 7/27/2013This was our first visit to Mediterra and it will not be our last. We have dined in Indy many times but on this occasion we wanted a different venue and menu before attending a concert downtown. My wife and I both enjoy Mediterranean cuisine and this was a great find. Food selection was very good and the presentation was very well done. It was a perfect spot for a pre-event dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- i can see why the place was emptyworldfoodieVIPDined on 7/22/2013the food was only mediocre. it's too bad cause the place has a nice feel and the people are very pleasant.
- Food DisappointmentAnnieDined on 7/19/2013I love scallops and order them often. These were mediocre at best. The sauce was boring. The mushroom risotto was tasty and the green beans were tough. On a happier note, our server was very friendly and good and we liked being able to sit outside although our view was of the parking lot.Special Features:
- lovely place- very good foodChefCarnicelliDined on 7/12/2013I went with a group of girl friends and had a wonderful evening, even when they are in the heart of Broad Ripple Village, they have their own parking lot, so no problems parking even in a Friday night. Food is very nice, wine list is good, every thing very fresh and full of flavor, great presentation.Special Features:
- MehIndyeaterDined on 6/22/2013Went there for Chow Down Midtown and was glad we didn't go and spend the full menu price. The appetizers and salad were good; my entree was ok (overdone salmon and limp green beans) he said his was good (steak kebob). The tiramisu was very nice, but why wreck it with Hersheys syrup? Plate presentation was much better for the apps. Dinner plates looked like dinner at mom's. Service was very friendly. A little too friendly considering how empty it was. Do not like it when the owner comes over and complains that it was super busy the night before. Our waitress was very nice and efficient as she could be given the size of her station. Watching her literally runn across the dining room to go fetch our order was....interesting....
- Another Good Find!BigbeefloverVIPDined on 6/20/2013Very nice neighborhood restaurant and bar. The beer was very cold and tasted great on a hot day. Went for their ChowDown Midtown special, and was not disappointed. Food was good, portions just a little small, but very tasty. Not bad value for the price we paid. Parking lot VERY small, only about 8-10 parking spots, but paid parking is available on street. I live south, so not sure would make trip just to eat here, but good food if in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/20/2013Went to Mediterra recently and the food was very good and service was great. Would recommend and will go back.Special Features:
- A reliable greatMikeinMidtownDined on 6/19/2013We have been fans of Mediterra for some time. We are never dissappointed. Food is consistently good and the service is always personal. They did a great job with this year's Chow Down Midtown. We brought friends who were first timers and they will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ho humOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/16/2013Went during the Chow Down Midtown. Made a reservation for 7pm on a Sunday. We were one of just three tables in the whole place--and all of us were outside, which helped because it probably would have felt dismally quiet and slow otherwise. The food was okay. Not fabulous, not horrible. The main issue was that the food--from apps to salads to the mains were all oily. The (oily) flatbread with goat cheese and olives, was probably the most decent option. The greek salads were overdressed and inconsistent--neither one had the same amount of ingredients. Had the (oily) blackened mahi mahi which was undercooked, with (oily) green beans, and pretty good, but oily, roasted potatoes. Pasta with sundried tomatoes? Oily.
- Food was just OK. The fishGeorgeDined on 6/15/2013Food was just OK. The fish was dry and fishy tasting, French onion soup tasty but very watery,greek salad was good but nothing special and the kabobs were cooked correctly and flavor was good the desert was amazing. Service was excellent, Allicha was wonderful and very helpful, made up for the not so good food. Would not recommend for food but possible for drinks.Special Features:
- Not too shabbyBryanDined on 5/22/2013The restaurant was empty since a huge rain storm just ran through. I think this restaurant needs alot of walking traffic to get filled up. The wine list was extensive and had many good choices. The food was pretty good as well. The selection isn't gigantic, but i would prefer a few dishes done well over a bunch done just "ok". I had the coriander crusted salmon which was cooked very well. Recommend shrimp fritters and stuffed mushrooms.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Want to try moreNotafoodieDined on 5/10/2013The food that I tried was good. We had appetizers and flatbreads. I would like to try some of the entrees sometime. The prices were reasonable, moderate. The atmosphere was nice, but very empty. I wonder why?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Executive SecretaryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/5/2013this was my first time, and i really enjoy the show from Pur/The Company. I love the fact that on the other side of the restuarant you guys have the mini me living rooms.Special Features:
- Date night !OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2013I can't stop raving about this place ! We went there to see if we would like to go for our anniversary ( 13yrs) we had our reservation set and was greeted by a nice host ( To our surprise the host was actually the owner ) . We loved the food and the waitresses were very nice . Drinks , appetizers , entree's , desert , everything was delicious ..... We will deffinately be coming back . The owner told us that later on at night that the other side has a DJ for dancing after 9pm . The only thing disappointing about this place was the other customers attire . You shouldnt come to a place like this wearing a flannel shirt or a work shirt and jeans . This place deserves better then that .....Special Features:
- NOT a GemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/8/2012First off, we visited this place on a Saturday night @ 7pm, as the place was nearly empty, not a good sign for a place in Broad Ripple on a Saturday. This restaurant tries to pass itself off as a high end place, but there wasn't much sign of the kind of service or atmosphere that should accompany an establishment of that sort. The food was good, but not great & it was over priced for the quality & quantity received. There was a hostess stand, which we waited at for some time before we figured out there wasn't anyone working at the stand. (No sign either saying, please check in @ the bar or anything) The guy working behind the bar, in addition to being completely clueless, looked and acted like a mobster (seriously scary). He didn't kno
- I bought a Living Social couponOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/8/2012I bought a Living Social coupon online without knowing much at all about the restaurant but I was pleasantly surprised. The ambiance was great and the food was fantastic. I would recommend to friends.Special Features:
- Great location, nice romanticnearbynorthsiderDined on 11/30/2012Great location, nice romantic mood lighting. Good food & service.Special Features:
- Appetizers and Drinks OnlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/24/2012We had reservations for 7:00 for our anniversary on Saturday the 24th. We arrived early and had a drink at the bar. We were the only customers in the resturant until 8:30. Good liquor and wine list. We ordered appetizers, which were good; howerver, our entrees were bad. I order the scallops (overcooked) w/ risotto (undercooked) and my husband ordered the filet (undercooked but not bad). I would like to commend our server for a great job. She even gave us a free dessert for our anniversary :). I would recommend this place for appetizers and drinks only.Special Features:
- Menu is diverse. StartedcronaDined on 11/11/2012Menu is diverse. Started with lobster flat bread, and it was delicious. Dinner of goat-cheese stuffed chicken and all sides were excellent. We were there before typical busy dinner hours, so hard to estimate if it would be a "hot spot" or "vibrant".Special Features:
- Room for improvementOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2012This place has potential but a long way to go. The menu items are appealing and the location is unbeatable. When the bread served with the meal is the highlight there are issues. Visited on a recent Friday evening with another couple and the first sign of trouble was the lack of diners at 8:00 on a weekend night. It is a rather spacious place especially with the bar/lounge side that appeared to be there focus. I realize this is Broad Ripple but come on! Can we not have decent restaurant choices? The quality of the meals vs. the price is off target.
- THE FOOD WAS DELICIOUS, SERVICEOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/3/2012THE FOOD WAS DELICIOUS, SERVICE VERY FRIENDLY AND KNOWLEDGABLE... WILL BE COMING BACK!Special Features:
- The sea bass had no flavor.AliciaDined on 9/8/2012The sea bass had no flavor. We never received bread, which every table around us got. We will not be returning.