29 Hulfish St
Princeton, NJ 08542Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mediterrarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6092529680
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am -4:pm, Saturday - Sunday 12:noon - 4:pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday 5:pm - 10:pm, Friday & Saturday 5:pm - 11:pm, Sunday 5:pm-9:pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Terry Strong
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The private dining room at Mediterra comfortably seats up to 40 people. We currently offer lunch, dinner, and weekend brunch options, as well as tasting menus, all of which can be completely custom designed to meet your tastes and budget.
- Private Party Contact: Jamie Panfili (609) 497-7500
- Entertainment: Live Music on Tuesday & Thursday evenings, (check calendar @ www.mediterrarestaurant.com)
BYOB on Sundays, 4:pm - 7:pm
A word from Mediterra
Approachable cuisine of the 21 countries surrounding the Mediterranean Sea. Offers award-winning wine list. Seasonal alfresco dining overlooks Princeton's Palmer Square. Live music in a newly remodeled Tavern, Private Dining available as well!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Mediterra - Best Restaurants in Princeton ›
Mediterra reviews from OpenTable diners
297 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (221)neighborhood gem (129)fit for foodies (122)special occasion (97)notable wine list (96)great for lunch (92)good for groups (77)romantic (62)hot spot (56)great for brunch (55)scenic view (45)vibrant bar scene (44)kid-friendly (31)late-night find (20)Show More
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/19/2014We dined at Mediterra on 9/19. We We chose the striped bass and roasted chicken entrees. Both were excellent. We had mussels for an appetizer which were delicious. Our server was informative and friendly. The drinks from the bar were also great. It was my birthday and we were treated to a complimentary sampling of 6 different desserts! It was a wonderful evening and we will be back. The only thing that kept the night from being perfect was the noise level was extremely loud and for the first 30-45 min of our time there we had to yell at our table to hear each other. It started to clear out a little after 9 pm, so it was much better After that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/16/2014Went there for the first time for my husband's birthday. They brought out 2 free appetizers and put a candle in his dessert. Food was excellent. Service was good. No complaints... will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RosieDined on 9/14/2014Overall it was a pleasant dining experience. The staff was friendly and accommodating. We sat outside since it was a beautiful day. I ordered gazpacho which was delicious. My main course was a frittata which was a special on the brunch menu. It would have been good except for having been over cooked. Everything else was good. I prefer to go to this restaurant for brunch or lunch rather than for dinner. They tend to rush you at dinner, especially on the weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Princeton RestaurantMcCarterCoupleDined on 9/13/2014A bit noisy but the food and service are excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Friday Night at MediterraWalterDined on 9/12/2014We had a great Friday night at Mediterra, table for six. Food was fresh, good wine recommendations, and service. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentCharthouseDined on 9/10/2014We come here for special occasions and everytime we leave greatly satisfied!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood restaurantMingoDined on 9/7/2014If the restaurant is not extremely busy, one can linger at the table and chat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable DinnerHautierDined on 9/7/2014The four of us enjoyed our perfectly seasoned meals. The mussel appetizer was very tasty, however several mussels were unopened - we showed them & they immediately brought replacement. Overall we had an enjoyable dining experience. FYI- parking can be difficult - prkg garage not too farSpecial Features:
- winedine1Dined on 9/7/2014a diverse menu with many high points, great spot for al fresco dining, super convenient location, staff very helpful, not obtrusive, wine list worth exploring..... we have never been disappointed at Mediterra.Special Features:
- Always a treat!SmileDined on 9/6/2014I don't go to Princeton without going to Mediterra a couple of times. The food is consistently delicious with wonderful seasonal menus. Mediterra is pretty and the service is outstanding - always. I feel like I'm treating myself.Special Features:
- A must experiencePaLattheBeachDined on 9/6/2014One of our favorite restaurants. A must when we attend McCarter Theatre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty good.Luv2dineDined on 9/5/2014Waiter very accommodating. Delicious salad. Tuna ceviche was tasteless, not a true ceviche as fish was raw not "cooked" in lime juice. Portions are generous. Service quick. Felt like we didn't order well. We'll try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable experienceJackDined on 9/3/2014All four of our party were happy with their food. Service was excellent, the waiter was always available and took care of all our needs. We were able to talk without any prevailing noise level. This was the first time I visited this restaurant and I plan to return.Special Features:
- Finally!!PtonfoodieDined on 8/31/2014I've been rooting for Mediterra ever since it opened and I believe its finally hit its sweet spot. What was consistently inconsistent; has become consistently amazing. Innovative specials, tried and true entrees shine and a stellar wine list. Yay team!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third timeMichaelODined on 8/30/2014Our third experience at Mediterra. Server forgot our drink order and seemed a little rushed. So we slowed him down a bit. Food was delish. (as always) Calamari salad, Grilled octopus, (apps) Paella w/o meats. (main) White choc cheese cake.Special Features:
- nycdDined on 8/30/2014the weather was perfect. the ambiance was delightful. unfortunately, i do not remember our waiters name, but she was top notch. the food (rigatoni with mushrooms and sausage) tasted as if it had been made for each individual order. the wine choices were great and my chardonnay coupled with my meal very well.Special Features:
- Good but very expensive!LibbyDined on 8/29/2014The food quality was good, but pricey. The wines were too expensive! There should have been some more affordable options.Special Features:
- True Restaurant Experience!whackyVenkyDined on 8/28/2014Everything you expect when dining out. Great menu selection, lovely ambiance, busy and well stocked bar, nice wine list, courteous service, etc. The noise level was a tad high inside, but not bad if you are seated outside. Only a few options for vegetarians, but tasty. Overall hit. I'd go there again, and would highly recommend it to friends and business associates.Special Features:
- Delightful find in PrincetonMikeVIPDined on 8/28/2014Outstanding about sums it up. Had a group of 4. Had the paella and a couple of appetizers. Well worth all of it. Delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magical MediterraSouthernBoyDined on 8/27/2014My wife and I enjoyed a delightful early supper with great cocktails and delicious food. Walking in by the fountain relaxes your soul for a fine dining experience.Special Features:
- start to finish...outstanding!!mirroredimagesDined on 8/24/2014The decor, ambiance & location of Mediterra are perfect. Alyssa, our server was fantastic. Her 1st day and she was spot on with the menu & drink items. We and our friends enjoyed the cheese board, salumi board, octopus, mussels & the yellowtail ceviche. Main courses...crisp chicken, sea bass & ratatouille, duck, pork chop (the size of a rib eye!), paella & a second paella for the everyone to enjoy...we're all above and beyond our expectations! Our friends, all avid food lovers & chefs, were all completely satisfied. Mediterra came recommended by a friend, who said it's her "go to restaurant for the best in fine dining". Thank you for a wonderful evening, to the owners & staff of Mediterra. CiaoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediterra is always a pleasureArthurJacobVIPDined on 8/24/2014Perfect Sunday weather so why not eat on their terrace? Their spring minestrone soup was so delicious! We had an enjoyable lunch, pleased that they offer both the brunch and lunch menus. There were many toddlers and infants and strollers but overall not too bad noise wise, maybe because the outdoor air mitigates the crying and fussing, etc. (there was an intermittent bit of that) - but overall not too bad.Special Features:
- ChillyDined on 8/23/2014Great food, extensive wine list . Felt the wine Stewart was a bit too aggressive trying to sell a more expensive bottle . Over all a very nice evening . Will go back for sure !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Night!DELO102Dined on 8/23/2014What a wonderful evening we had at Mediterra! The food was outstanding and very tasty. Our waiter Martino was spot on and very attentive to our every need. We ordered the Paella Clasica for two The calasparra rice with chorizo pork sausage that accompanied the chicken, clams, mussels, shrimp & calamari…..was fabulous! The bread was homemade, with a side dipping oil with just the right amount of herbs..the best we have ever tasted. Don’t think you are too full for dessert, because the cheesecake is a must have!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Apps were good special disappointedmarcofridaynightDined on 8/22/2014Apps were good, the special sucked, the wine by the glass was ok except for the rose, which was awful...get some stuff from Provence. Service seemed like they were ready to go home when the dining room cleared out at 9pm. We're not all old fogies...we're paying good money here to enjoy a nice evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a disappointmentAJfromNJDined on 8/22/2014I took some friends from Canada to Mediterra and we all had a wonderful dinner. The paella and pork chops were outstanding! Unfortunately, it was a little cold and wet so we opted to go inside otherwise I prefer eating outside. Having spent a lot of time in Europe and Canada where outdoor dining is very common, it is unfortunate that there aren't more choices in NJ. However, Princeton is a good spot with several establishments offering outdoor dining. Mediterra has the best spot. I have eaten here probably two dozen times over the last 8 years and never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & atmosphere!ElvieDined on 8/21/2014Great recommendation by a friend. Food, service & atmosphere were great - we had dinner outside in the terrace, definitely should do that if you can. Staff and service were excellent. I had the Pan Seared Duck Breast & leg and it was delicious and very good sized portion - loved the wild rice. My dinner mates had the Grilled Pork Chop (again, very good sized portion and tasty), Pappardelle Bolognese and Fusilli Col Buco (very tasty). Our vegan friend enjoyed her dishes. Bread was excellent. Yes, pricey, but you get the value given the location & ambience. Good wine selection - again little pricey, but part of the package. Reservations are recommended. They have a great happy hour deal, so will try that soon. Definitely coming back!Special Features:
- Nice placeBJncVIPDined on 8/21/2014Whenever we are in Princeton, we find our way to Mediterra. Great mussels Provencale and the grilled Octopus was a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice date spotFoodDined on 8/20/2014Went on a great date there, they have vegetarian options place is nice looking. Kind of expensive but it is Princeton.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently ExcellentGailandNormanDined on 8/20/2014Mediterra is our go to place with out-of-town guests. There is something on the menu for any taste. It is pricey but never disappoints for service and quality of food. They do fish particularly well. The outdoor dining is far back from the street and very pleasant in the evening or daytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- latelunchVIPDined on 8/19/2014Spontaneous reservation, meeting a good friend who was alone, invited to join us, and it was wonderful. the pork chop entree and the sea bass were delicious. Quaffing both with a Malbec was a grand choice. Complementary port was much appreciated and was just icing on the beautiful cake. thank you. We look forward to the next time here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2014The service was amazing, everyone was very attentive and you could tell they were formally trained. Great wine list and outdoor seating was comfortable. Enjoyed the food options as well. Definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent lunch in PrincetonBusinessLuncherDined on 8/13/2014Food and service was great. It was a bit loud simply because the place is so popular. But prompt service with a simple but still varied menu made for a great business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014I went this Sunday for my anniversary with my girlfriend and the service was horrible. My girlfriend ordered pasta and was still hungry afterwards. I ordered the steak and found a hair.Special Features:
- Millstone Township, NjBernieDined on 8/8/2014did not care for paella…. but my girlfriend had the steak and said it was "enjoyable", overpriced for the quality of food, in my opinion. can eat much better fare at a 5 star restaurant in NYC, for same prices,,, or less. so was not impressed with this restaurant.Special Features:
- Perfect for outdoor diningSusanVIPDined on 8/8/2014Our dinner was excellent but the real draw is the outdoor space. It was a perfect summer night, service was attentive and friendly and we enjoyed every minute.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Does Not Disapoint!juleezeeDined on 8/8/2014We've been to Mediterra for dinner throughout the years and now for lunch. As always, the food and service were very good, but sitting outside on the gorgeous patio made it so much more enjoyable. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nonicknameVIPDined on 8/6/2014We were a party of four and did a little sharing. All the dishes were delicious. Our only quibble: our waiter disappeared after dropping off the dessert menus and never returned. Did he go home? It took much too long to get the check. And we never got a chance to order coffee. The excellence of the food will bring us back for another special occasion, however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love It!GreatNightDined on 8/5/2014It was my first time there, and I loved it will be going back.Special Features:
- Consistently DeliciousLeelaDined on 8/5/2014The food, service, and experience is always a sure bet here.Special Features: