Medina Oven & Bar
2304 Victory Park Lane
Dallas, TX 75219Neighborhood:
MoroccanPrice: $30 and under
Medina Oven & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.medinadallas.com/
- Phone: 2149790003
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch:Monday - Friday: 11:00AM - 4:00PM Saturday & Sunday: 12:00PM - 4:00PM Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00PM - 10:00PM, Friday & Saturday: 4:00PM - 11:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Moroccan, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Sam Benoikken
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer Mediterranean catering affair that is unique....You must make a trip to Medina oven & bar, it will be your favorite; that is our our favorite.
- Private Party Facilities: Medina can booked for private dinner or, use the outdoors patio!! Beautiful dinning room that seats up to 50 & a wonderful patio with fountain view & huge parking with tower trees...a Very warm setting either indoors or outdoors...
- Private Party Contact: Sam Benoikken 2149790003
- Entertainment: Unique House Music: Authentic, Modern Morocan Music & Global infused with Moroccan beats.
- Special Events: If you are familiar with Moroccan cuisine & you craving a traditional dish or you would like a recemmendation, please, give a 2 days notice by calling Sam at 214-979-0003 & I will be very happy to do so.
A word from Medina Oven & Bar
Medina oven & bar is an intimate & cozy place. It is about Moroccan-Mediterranean cuisine applying traditional & innovative techniques to introduce the best Moroccan Authentic & Modern Cuisine. Medina oven & bar represents the culinary destination of the year as New York Times reported on 2009. And Medina,was also selected by Haute Living Magazine Nov 2010 the #1 Mediterranean restaurant in Dallas... The focus at Medina is about using fresh traditional Moroccan spices & ingredients. Our vision is to provide our guests the best food & best possible experience we strive for. When you come to Medina, you are at your home. This is a wonderful place for gathering with friends or family members in any occasion to share many small plates & all menu items as Medina was designed for...This, is to experience Moroccan sharing style while you having conversation among your guests confortably. Medina is an experience & a genuine concept. Sam Benoikken (Native of Marrakech City, Morocco),ownContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Medina Oven & Bar - Best Restaurants in Victory Park ›
Medina Oven & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (21)fit for foodies (20)romantic (16)neighborhood gem (15)special occasion (11)scenic view (8)good for groups (6)great for lunch (6)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (3)notable wine list (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/15/2014We had the eggplant appetizer, the chicken/apricot tagine, & the sea bass tagine with a side of saffron rice & Gloria Ferrer bubbly. Everything was wonderful, including the service, and the restaurant is gorgeous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wanted moreBodarfVIPDined on 10/15/2014The food was indeed Great! I only marked the food as 4 stars because I left hungry. Maybe I have fallen into the Texas "everything is big" habit but that is usually not my position. All said, I will be back and will start with the humus next time!Special Features:
- Just OutstandingficklemoonDined on 9/13/2014We went here for our anniversary. We started with a hummus appetizer which was delicious. I had a fig martini, which I would recommend if you like your drinks on the sweeter side, plus how often can you have a fig martini!? My husband had the Tangier's Seafood Patilla, which was in this amazingly flaky phyllo crust. It was by far one of the best seafood dishes I've eaten. I ordered the Marrakesh Chicken Breast, which had this wonderful saffron broth and beautifully cooked chicken. We ended the night with a Chocolate Marquee and Orange Blossom Creme Brûlée, I also had a Morroccan Mint Tea. Every item was done to perfection, and the owner took time to wish us a happy anniversary which was nice. We will definitely be returning there soon.Special Features:
- Welll.....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014The food was good and the service was good as well, however, it wasn't what I was expecting. It was a very quiet place which isn't a bad thing but not necessarily what I was looking for. the lack of atmosphere has more to do with Victory Park not being very vibrant than the restaurant itself. If judging the restaurant alone, then I'd have to say that the food was very good and the service was very good as well. I prefer restaurants that are within walking distance of bars and after-dinner spots, but that is just a personal preference.
- Fantastic as always!SWebb1985Dined on 8/29/2014Last time we ate at Medina, my boyfriend's family was in town. This time we took my parents. We all enjoyed the great food and great service!Special Features:
- Absolutely love this place!SWebb1985Dined on 8/10/2014My boyfriend and I are always in this restaurant slowly working our way through the entire menu! Recently his family was in town and we experienced a lot of hassle at other restaurants because we had 2 children in our party but not at Medina! As always they were very welcoming and accommodating. The food was amazing (we shared the beef tagine) and the service was top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/25/2014The food at Medina was very authentic. The servers were considerate of the time limitations and worked hard to make the environment perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZINGMilapilVIPDined on 7/24/2014A very attentive owner on site. Food was excellent! If I lived in Dallas, I would frequent this place often!Special Features:
- Great food and serviceDallas92VIPDined on 7/19/2014Great food and service. Consistently one of the best in Dallas. The tangines (whether sea bass, lamb or chicken) are all delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experienceorangepaperbikeDined on 7/18/2014I've been to Medina Oven multiple times and I'm never disappointed. It's a great place to sit, enjoy the people you're with, and enjoy the food and savor the experience. Sam, the owner personally oversees the restaurant and is the perfect host, making sure each guest feels welcome and remains satisfied from start to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and serviceyoordadVIPDined on 7/18/2014Just top notch in all areas. Cannot believe TN is has been here for 7 years and we just discovered itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoy and Enjoy AgainPattyDined on 7/18/2014Medina is a jewel in the Victory Park scene-- shouldn't be the best-kept secret in downtown Dallas! Cool ambiance, welcoming staff, and intimate enough to be a hideaway. Outstanding appetizer platter-- don't miss it. Each tagine is a special entrée-- one taste and you're a believer. Fresh food prepared with a touch of Morocco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved It!ITGuyDallasDined on 7/12/2014They never disappoint. This place is always a fun spot. The salmon was delicious. The wine was yummy. Good service is their speciality.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/10/2014We have eaten here many times and LOVE the food. It's a great place to go before a concert at the AAC, but you MUST have reservations. However, they seem to be having staffing issues. The last time we went the food service was very slow. While our food was fresh, hot and very good, we had to inhale our food to make it to the concert on time. We arrived at 5:55 and left at 7:35. We have never had this issue before, so we will try again, hopefully this was a fluke.Special Features:
- Yum and Fun!ITGuyDallasDined on 6/28/2014This is our "go to" spot for date night. I love the atmosphere and decor. It's cozy and intimate & relaxed and modern. The staff is helpful. The food is delicious and affordable. All around it's a great place to visit.Special Features:
- Hot!SaunaDined on 6/21/2014The food was good. The service was ok to say the least. The inside of the place was hot. When we brought it to the attention of the owner and he simply said I'm hot too. I will not eat her ever again. Not because of the food but because of the service and lack of accommodation. We couldn't enjoy the food because we were sweating the whole time.
- The following 166 reviews are from the Medina Oven & Bar reviews archive.
- Wonderful Experience - Office Lunchlive2eatDined on 6/20/2014We enjoyed outside dining for our office lunch. Open Table reservations were very easy to make, and the restaurant quickly accommodated us when we decided to sit outside instead of inside. Appetizers and entrees were very good. My trout special was especially good. The service was attentive at the beginning, but became slow at the end (business picked up at the end of our meal and it did not seem that they had enough staff to accommodate). Overall, it was a lovely experience. We will come back, and we will recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Medina was awesome!AE84Dined on 5/28/2014Loved the food, the service, the decor and atmosphere--everything was perfect. Seriously, an all around amazing dinner. We'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- True Morrocan FoodSirSDined on 5/23/2014Medina is a great place to get truly authentic Morrocan food. Its location in victory park keeps it seperated from the hustle and bustle of the street and it's cozy size means they are never too busy to compromise on service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must have experienceEjaneDined on 5/19/2014Best Moroccan food I've had (and I've been to several). Their sexy marntinis are out of this world!!! The only problem with this place is you seriously won't be able to decide what one dish to get. So save yourself the trouble and just order several different things to sample ad share at your table. And then their Creme Brûlée.....please try it as well. So good without being overbearingly sweet. And then on top of all that, the service is phenomenal. It's rare you find service as good as the food. You will love this place if you like delicious and unique.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great owner and good foodMrceDined on 5/3/2014The owner and his passion for taking care of customers is the key to this place!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique and wonderful restaurantDfwfoodyDined on 5/2/2014We ordered the calamari appetizer, which was very good (little zesty spice). We also ordered the New World Pizza and Marrakesh chicken, which were both extraordinarily good. The staff was extremely attentive and friendly. This was a great find and I would recommend to anyone looking for something out of the ordinary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A delightful find!winersiiDined on 4/25/2014We thoroughly enjoyed a late lunch on their patio after spending the morning at the Perot Museum of Science. Each of our party ordered something different so we could taste; we loved all the selections but the lamb sausage pizza with harissa sauce was the hands down favorite. Next favorite was the starter platter with warm pita and 4 dipping sauces. We tried the red and white moroccan wines & tasting each with bites of our dishes. Our waiter, Jordan, was attentive and personable and contributed tremendously to our enjoyment of the afternoon. A revisit is in definitely in our future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch breakBodarfVIPDined on 4/9/2014Great place to take a break from a busy day. comfortable surroundings with good service and wonderful unique food combinations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelectableEjaneDined on 3/28/2014Intimate setting for a date or small group. Fabulous food and great staff! I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun EveningJohnDined on 3/22/2014Overall we had a good experience. We were there with one other couple and all four of us liked this place a lot. We ordered several different dishes and shared everything. All of the food was good. Some of their specialty drinks were particularly noteworthy. The service was excellent and ended with the manager making a special effort to say good night and thank us for coming after we got our check. We plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best lamb I have everDianeDined on 3/21/2014The best lamb I have ever eaten. The appetizers were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Times at Medina Oven & Bar!MelanieDined on 3/13/2014My husband and I went there for dinner before the Elton John concert and were pleasantly surprised! We started with the Goat Cheese and Harissa (sp?) phylo and LOVED it!! Then we had the seafood couscous - YUM YUM!! We'll definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We always come here beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/9/2014We always come here before concerts at the AAC. CAUTION this place is small and intimate, if you don't have a reservation do not expect to get a table. Especially if their is anything happening at the AAC. We have not had anything that we did not LOVE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint with QualityTxhistorianDined on 2/9/2014Perhaps because there is limited, and I mean limited, space for seating, attention can be properly given to food and service. By far the best cocktails. The bar sits directly facing the open kitchen with a wood fire/brick oven lighting the entire Mediterranean themed dining area that is tastefully done. We sat directly behind the bar area and as there is limited space, the entire wait staff can be seen at all times and becomes "stuffy" or intimidating. The food, however is superb, flavorful and the desert heaven. I recommend this place (reservation definitely) for a date, but do not expect an intimate setting. Groups no larger than four will fit in this quaint but refined and elegant area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around amazing!MariaMDined on 2/8/2014Always great service, outstanding food with authentic tastes, staff and Owner make everyone feel like a VIP. Reasonably priced, fantastic cocktails!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!!SLB21Dined on 2/1/2014A friend and I went to Dallas and wanted to find a Moroccan restaurant as he's never had it. I ordered the lamb tagine and my friend ordered the beef tagine and a side of cous cous. The lamb was tender and the sauce was perfect with the added goat cheese and potatoes. The cous cous was the best either of us have ever had. Perfect for a nice date night or a group of friends. The ambiance is great too, dimmed lighting with fun light fixtures and paintings along with the perfect level of music that puts you in the Moroccan atmosphere. The owner is a delight as well, welcoming us and making sure everything was prepared perfectly. 5 stars for this place and next time I'm in Dallas I will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meeting with colleaguesPickydinerDined on 1/22/2014The location can be challenging to find. If you're from out of town, be sure to call ahead and confirm where your taxi driver should drop you off. The food was prepared and seasoned well. Their hummas is from scratch and seemed homemade as well. For dinner I split the seafood entree served over couscous, it was delicious. But next time I would like to try their tagine chickin with apricots. I highly recommend their tea and vanilla bean creme brulee ~ AMAZING!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed it ....not a veryCallieDined on 1/17/2014We enjoyed it ....not a very large place but very charming.Special Features:
- The food and service at MedinaOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/30/2013The food and service at Medina Oven and Bar are equally wonderful. I had the Beef Tenderloin Tagine and it was wonderful - such a nice combination of tender meat and good spices! Sam the owner even took time to sit down and chat with us.Special Features:
- Love it!CB1977Dined on 12/21/2013I love this place. This was my third visit and I can't wait to get back. Food and drinks are great. Service is awesome and the owner is always within a stones throw of his customers.Special Features:
- Outstanding FoodSteve1288Dined on 11/23/2013We tried Medina for the first time and we will definately go back. The food was outstanding, and the service was excellent as well. The only drawback is parking. This is a very busy area with lots of restaurants, so parking was hard to find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Different and deliciousChipsterDined on 11/19/2013I went with a group of four, when we were in town for a conference. We started with aa appetizer of pita (fresh and warm) with a tray of spreads, including hummus, bell pepper spread, etc. , the Morrocan flavor a were great! Spicy, and flavorful, but not hot. We had different tagines for entries and the fish and chicken tagines were all excellent. Fresh berries with cinnamon cream for dessert, which was also excellent. Ambience is quiet enough for conversation, but not stiff. Service also excellent. Would be great for a romantic meal, but also great for a group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for pre-game!MavsFanVIPDined on 11/2/2013We were looking for a new place to eat before a Mavs game and came across Medina. We are so happy we did. It's a little walk (3 blocks?) to the game but well worth the extra steps. The food was outstanding. We had eggplant dip (very tasty), goat cheese phyllo (yummy), beef skewers (melt in you mouth tender) and Marrakesh chicken tagine (great flavors). With a bottle of wine and tip it was under $100 for 2 people and leftovers to take home. We didn't try the pizza but it looked delicious. Definitely on the try list for the next game. Service was attentive but not overbearing. Very friendly and got us out in plenty of time for the walk to the game. Give it a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always FantasticPaulaLVIPDined on 10/22/2013I love this restaurant. We brought a group of friends visiting Dallas from different parts if the world and we had a lovely meal. The decor is just beautiful and the food is consistently good. One of my favorite spots in Dallas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.