2450 Galleria Parkway
Atlanta, GA 30339Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.renaissancewaverly.com/
- Phone: (770) 953-4500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch monday-Friday 11am-2pm, Closed Saturday and Sunday
Dinner Nightly: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Timothy Rowland
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Flexible seating and accommodations. Please ask for current pre set menus. Recommended to parties of 8 or more.
- Private Party Contact: Mary Covington 7709534500x
- Special Events: Please call for reservations (770) 953-4500
A word from Medici
Walk into Medici and experience the warm and relaxed ambiance of our Tuscan designed restaurant. Relax and be prepared to savor the flavors of Northern Italy and the region of Tuscany. Every effort is made to create a warm dining environment that is authentic, comfortable and unique. The contemporary looking room offers flexible seating arrangements and a relaxing atmosphere. Tuscan cuisine prepared with the finest and freshest ingredients available with our signature Tuscan rubbed steaks. In the typical Tuscan spirit; our menu is flexible, abundant and the portions are generous. Wide selection of antipasti, insalata e zuppes, pastas, hand tossed pizza and the well renamed bistecches. Perfect for any occasion; Business meetings or Romantic dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Medici reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (5)special occasion (4)fit for foodies (4)great for lunch (3)notable wine list (3)romantic (2)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Horrible service even worse foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/30/2014Our vist was less than mediocre. It just just plain bad. The service was lousy, the for was even worse. The prices of the food are no way near worth it! We had the smoked pork and Swiss chard. The pork was so smokey that's all you tasted. The Swiss chard was actually spinach. The scallops we not much better either. Heavy on the oil mixed with tomato sauce as a base was not good at all. Oh, do not order wine by the glass. I watched the server from another table pour wine. There wasn't enough wine in the bottle, so he mixed two different kinds to fill the glass. That's just wrong!! We will never visit this place again and I recommend you don't either.
- Good, and overlookedAtlantaJaneVIPDined on 8/28/2014We have been to Medici several times for lunch and think the food, atmosphere and service has been great. Love the french bread with olive oil, parmesan & garlic. (Did that come automatically, or because the waiter recognized me from last time?) The flavors of all the food are wonderful and our waiter was friendly and attentive. It has been fairly empty each time we've gone, probably because it is located inside the Waverly Hotel. But I think it's a hidden gem and deserves more business.Special Features:
- Fantastic Service & Great foodSusMVIPDined on 8/12/2014I did not know this was in a hotel. But much to our surprise we really ejoyed the food, and the service could not have been better. The home baked bread was divine. The risotto was moist and flavorful and the roasted veggies were to die for. Also the birthday cake was soooooooooo good. Well done for a hotel.Special Features:
- The following 96 reviews are from the Medici reviews archive.
- DebbyDebbyDined on 7/26/2014Made a confirmed reservation for a lunch meeting on a Sat. @ 1 pm. Got there and Medici was not open/ Had lunch in the bar off the bar menu. It was very quiet because really very few people were in the bar at 1. Was not very happy with reservation service. We obviously didn't get what we expected on many levels, but the service was good and the food from the limited menu was good. Won't make this mistake again/
- Night LifeCeasar75Dined on 5/9/2014Great atmosphere, the staff was extremey friendly, i needed ta ride to get to Cobb Center to catch a show and they made it happen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/16/2014It was alright. We went there for appetizers and wine before a show. There weren't many customers, but we had to wait quite a while for someone to seat us even though we had a reservation. The server was nice, but moved like molasses. I had to ask for the wine list, to which the waiter made a few suggestions. I had to ask for the wine list again before being allowed to see one which I thought a little odd. We were not bothered and no one was rude, just extremely slow. If you are in a hurry or on a schedule, perhaps find another establishment.
- Although the hostess was exceptionaBubbieDined on 12/2/2013Although the hostess was exceptionally nice our waiter was a little non attentive. He could not read the menu and answer my questions because he did not have his glasses? I thought that odd. The food , at least mine, was just mediocre. I would probably not eat here again.
- MehNicknameVIPDined on 10/26/2013This is my third time here and I still can't figure out why the service is so bad. Each time I've been here it's been a self-serve experience...and the place isn't ever busy. Maybe they watch their labor costs TOO much...but something is definitely wrong. The food is actually good...nothing over the top great, but good enough. It's quiet and you can actually have a conversation at dinner without too much noise. Too bad they don't have any servers around to bring you food and drink. :(
- Medici like a cafeteriasushiloverVIPDined on 10/9/2013I count on Open Table to accurately describe finer restaurants. The food was mediocre at best, the atmosphere bright, much like an airport restaurant or cafeteria. My husband's filet was overcooked and his salad was very strange with meats mixed in the chopped salad. My rigatoni was very good but the atmosphere so common, with booths like a soda shop and lighting like a doctors office. Had I realized this was a hotel restaurant, we would have never fought the traffic to get there with all of the other choices in Atlanta.
- So-SoJohnSDined on 9/25/2013Food was excellent. Waiter was very attentive. Food prep time was abysmal. The place had few customers at the time.
- Worth VisitingCheapWorldTravelerDined on 9/21/2013My wife and I enjoyed dinner here. I had the finest risotto I've ever eaten, she has a pasta dish that was good but not noteworthy. Salads were outstanding. The wine list was a bit modest, but I appreciated the wealth of selections in the $30 - $35 range. Service was exceptional. Atmosphere was OK. A bit bright for my liking, and not enough separation from the bar. I will never rate a restaurant as excellent if I can see a TV - even from 50' away. I believe TV and dining ambiance are mutually exclusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food!LarryRVIPDined on 7/10/2013Medici is one of my favorite restaurants in Atlanta. The food is always excellent and prepared under the watchful eyes of Exec Chef Tim and Chef Steve. My last visit I had the Pork Tenderloin and it would melt in your mouth. Any time I am in Atlanta I make it a point to eat here. It's in the Atlanta Renaissance Marriott hotel and I don't know why there are not more locals there on a regular basis. It's fairly priced and the food and service is excellent.Special Features:
- Food was Great...Service Was awfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/25/2013Food was amazing. No complaints However, we went on a Tuesday night (relatively dead) and we were there for a birthday. The server rushed through everything. It was a large party, so she should have felt comfortable that she was going to receive a big tip. She took the appetizers away without asking, and most were only half eaten. She kept coming back while the entrees were out asking if anyone was done. While I know its tacky to bring a cake to a restaurant, we had also just ordered well over $300 in food and drinks. She was so annoyed that she brought the check and forced the person to sign IN FRONT OF HER!. She was rude and obnoxious, and almost ruined the whole experience of the restaurant. The saving grace of the place was the food.
- Took my grandparents hereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/21/2013Took my grandparents here when they visited Atlanta. Didn't know it was in the lobby of a hotel until I googled the address. Had a Friday night reservation at 7pm -- almost empty and very quiet (which was good for grandparents). Good food; I got the grilled salmon and my only compliant was that it was drenched in olive oil (the dish sat in a pool of olive oil; I had to wipe the salmon off). Our waiter was friendly but didn't provide much insight into the menu. Dessert was delicious, and so was the bread basket (freshly baked and warm). Not sure if I would go back, probably only if the party I was with wanted a quiet place to eat.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing outstandingPunkinDined on 6/15/2013It was a very mediocre experience. The service was very good but the food was very overpriced. The bar was nice but they went light on the pours. Dessert was spectacular.Special Features:
- MenuWeekendtoRememberDined on 5/4/2013The menu was very limited. I ordered a chicken dish but received another grilled dish. It was good burnout much variety!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food!DebbyDined on 4/16/2013Was there for a small group dinner meeting. The food was excellent. The area was a little loud, but overall it was a great experience. Would go back again.Special Features:
- Decent menu , reasonably pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/15/2013Decent menu , reasonably priced ,fair wine list ,very goog service would dine there againSpecial Features:
- Still lovin those bbq chips!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/13/2013Still lovin those bbq chips! Please find a well to sell them, if even only to me!
- Food was good. Nothing outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/2/2013Food was good. Nothing outstanding or surprising, though. What I'd expect from a Marriott hotel restaurant.
- terrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiibleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/16/2013terrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiible service!!! Dont ever go there if you would like to be on time to a performance!!! The staff is just sooooo rude. The waiter could not even split a bottle in 4 checks and the manager just ignored us when we wanted to let her know of the problem! This place should close down!!!!
- Valentines!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2013Ate here for Valentine's, after neglecting reservations. Party of six. Drinks, then dinner. Overall experience very good. Great bartender, nice room, and excellent Italian food. Very, very good for a hotel restaurant. I'd go back.Special Features:
- Poor Service Ruined The NightOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/1/2013Our first time dining at Medici's was not as we expected. The best part was the Chef greeting us at the entrance. He offered a suggestion for the night's dining.....the scallops which I chose and a little bland...but just ok. My wife order a three cheese pizza., which was excellent. The service was absolutely bad. The meal was served and the waiter never really came back to ask if we wanted a glass of wine or another beer. When he did come back he said "all set?" and left the bill $50.80 on the table. The last insult was the valet parking fee which was collected,$10.00 plus a tip. The attendant was very polite and parked our car in a front space.Special Features:
- Medici hits the mark eachOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/1/2013Medici hits the mark each and every time. The Medici house chips are so good I crave them! The staff is friendly and attentive. A great little spot for lunch.Special Features:
- The food was only ok and theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/22/2013The food was only ok and the server was not interested in waiting me at all, was it because I was a party of one? I had to keep looking around for him and when he did come by it was to pick up or drop off a plate. I may have scored the food and overall experience higher if I had an even decent time.
- Although the service was attentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/16/2013Although the service was attentive and the resturant comfortable, to call Medici an "Italian Resturant" is inaccurate. It is a hotel resturant that has usual hotel fare with pizza thrown in at the price of a good Italian Resturant. There are many other true Italian resturants nearby that have more selection, more food and for less costs.
- If you're looking for a last-minuteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012If you're looking for a last-minute, romantic spot, then Medici is your place. Don't be in a hurry though. The food was amazing. It was new years, so their menu was limited to certain selections. Those selections were very good though.Special Features:
- Three reasons for going toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/15/2012Three reasons for going to Medici's: 1) It was our daughter's 18th birthday. 2) We had never been to Medici's before & like to try new places. 3) Daughter has been to Italy and loved Tuscan-flavored food. Medici's met every one of our expectations and more in food & service.Special Features:
- The lamb was severely undercookedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/16/2012The lamb was severely undercooked (we were going to a show and I didn't have time to send it back). The rest of the food was so-so. My wife's scallops were pretty good but had some sand. The spinach salad was wilted. The first time we ate there (6 mos. prior) the food was really good. This time...not so much. We wouldn't go back.
- Somewhat DissapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/3/2012We were somewhat disappointed as it ended up being a hotel restaurant. Ok if you are staying there and don´t want to go out, but not the type of place you want to go for a week-end meal. The food was average. For an Italian restaurant, the menu offering of pastas was surprisingly limited and not very appealing. One can find much better italian food in any Maggiano´s or Carraba´s. The service was very good and the ambiance was what you would expect of a hotel restaurant.
- Medici was ok for a hotel, but SLOWphilDined on 7/9/2012Food was good, albeit at hotel prices. Service was polite but excruciatingly slow.
- Average food. Nothing badOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012Average food. Nothing bad but also nothing special.
- Had tickets to Cobb EnergyGoodcookVIPDined on 5/9/2012Had tickets to Cobb Energy Center and needed a nice dinner pre concert. Fit the bill but had to remind our server we were in a hurry. Perhaps if we had more time to linger, we would have enjoyed it more, but it was quite good all around.Special Features:
- This is fine dining, the restaurantArnieDined on 4/30/2012This is fine dining, the restaurant being in a very fine hotel. Food was very good. Service was also very good. Prices were comparable to other fine-dining restaurants we have been to in the area. The only negative thing we can say is the restaurant adjoins the bar/cocktail lounge in a large open area, and the noise from the bar carried over into the restaurant. Based on reviews we read we expected a very nice restaurant and Medici met our expectations.Special Features:
- Not recommended!FrancophileVIPDined on 4/9/2012This is a hotel restaurant. It should be noted in the review that it is fine for people who happen to be staying at the Waverly, but it is not a where one should go for a date if you live in Atlanta! There happened to be a very loud group the night we were there so that colored our experience in a negative way.
- Probably will not eat hereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/3/2012Probably will not eat here again the food was good but the service sucked.
- I liked Medici, however, IOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/1/2012I liked Medici, however, I wasn't aware that it was inside Waverly Renaissance hotel. I usually prefer standalone restaurants but it was ok. The food was really tasty.Special Features:
- Nothing I read told me thisOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/25/2012Nothing I read told me this resturant was IN a hotel. I would have prefered a standalone....the online menu is not current. I went specifically for the seabass and they no longer served it. I ended up ordering scallops and they were quite chewy and hard. Very unimpressive...No where near worth the price.
- It was a pleasurable experienceKammy76Dined on 2/18/2012It was a pleasurable experience and my date loved it. I am a bit of a foodie and my grilled chicken was a bit bland. I will go back and try other items on the menu.Special Features:
- Great food, service not so much..OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012The resturant was very nice and elegant. I thought wow, this is going to be great! The food was excellent, cooked to perfectly and tasted like it should. The whole setting was nice, calm, and relaxing. Just what I was looking for on Valentines Day with my lovely girlfriend. The only thing was, our service was not nearly as good as I thought it would be. The manager was wonderful and very nice, but our waitress, not so much. She acted like she didn't want to be at work and only checked on us about 3-4 times during the evening, which was disappointing. Overall the resturant was excellent, just wish the service would have matched how good the food was.Special Features: