1621 Oak Lawn Ave.
Dallas, TX 75207Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mothinthe.net/
- Phone: 2146287900x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm, Sunday Dinner: 3:00pm - 10:00 pm.
Friday & Saturday: Kitchen open until midnight
Bar open until 2:00am Friday-Saturday, Monday - Thursday: Bar open til midnight
Sunday: Bar open until 10
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: David McMillan
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Please call for special catering orders.
- Private Party Facilities: We can seat 8 to 14 people in our semi-private dining room.
Standing parties - up to 50
- Private Party Contact: Liza Alaniz 2146287900x
A word from Meddlesome Moth
The Meddlesome Moth is Dallas’ most interesting full service restaurant, featuring an honest and flavorful chef driven menu, full service bar, and one of the finest selections of hand-crafted beers in the US. In addition to a changing selection of entrees, our small plates are robustly promoted to encourage sharing. We feature local seasonal menu items and offer fresh blackboard specials daily. Our patio area is spacious for dining al fresco, and reservations are encouraged. At 11pm The Moth transforms into one of Dallas' most comfortable bars and remains so until 2am, Thursday thru Saturday. Closing time is midnight otherwise.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Meddlesome Moth - Best Restaurants in Design District ›
Meddlesome Moth reviews from OpenTable diners
204 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (125)neighborhood gem (94)hot spot (84)vibrant bar scene (83)good for groups (75)great for lunch (66)great for outdoor dining (59)great for brunch (58)special occasion (42)late-night find (36)romantic (15)notable wine list (10)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (4)Show More
- Always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Love good beer and good food, and MM is a great, great spot. I want to try everything on the menu.... four different kinds of mussels... delicious... had the thai mussels, and they were outstanding....Special Features:
- Music too loudOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/23/2014Music was way too loud to carry on conversation and sometimes even understand the waiter. Have some interesting items on menu. Service was uneven--some dishes came out very late. Great beer selection.Special Features:
- Always a treatChuckinAddisonVIPDined on 8/23/2014Every time we go here, we wonder why we don't go more often. Everything is consistently great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodLoversAreUsDined on 8/22/2014Great food - the small plates menu is eclectic and interesting which satisfies my husband and I's self-described "foodie tendencies"(the bacon lollipops are amazing!) while the roast chicken is a fav of our teenage boys. The service is also very good and the beer tasting flights are impressive. It’s always a hit and has become our go to place for birthdays and special evenings out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Family FriendlyChemmeDined on 8/22/2014I have been here for lunch and loved it, so I decided to take my wife and daughter out to a nice dinner there. I called ahead to make sure they were family friendly and was assured on the phone that they were. When we arrived our table was ready and we were sat. The server, at that point, was very attentive. However, once we ordered our food we only saw him 2 more times. the first time was to ask if we wanted another drink, and then to ask if we wanted our check. He was, however, very attentive to the table directly next to us. I assume he thought that because we had a child that we would not order many drinks or tip well. We felt ostracized because we had a child with us. We did not feel valued as customers at all.
- GmanVIPDined on 8/21/2014An enjoyable spot for a nice business lunch with friends. The décor is worth the visit.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningDorianBahrDined on 8/19/2014Still one of my top picks in Dallas. I do find it is difficult to order with the "shared plates" format, if you are in a group larger than 4, unless you do the costly ordering of two of everything desired. However the atmosphere and food, beer ans service are always impeccable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT SERVICETwinstar3Dined on 8/18/2014Eclectic menu with great specials. We've been several times. The food is always good and the ambiance fun but subtle. Out of perhaps ten visits, we've had fantastic servers nine times and the one exception wasn't bad. Really nice place to frequent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but....LovegoingoutDined on 8/16/2014Shrimp and grits great. Pork belly was almost solid fat though. Hard to get taste out of mouth. Steak skewers good. Fun restaurantSpecial Features:
- Great for 2OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014I had only visited this place for brunch over a year ago and wanted to try it out for dinner. I ended up making reservations for a bday dinner and we enjoyed every minute of it. It was a bit noisy since it was dinner time and it was packed, but it did not become overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeceivedWouldBGourmetVIPDined on 8/11/2014http://grassfedbeefrestaurants.com/ lists Meddlesome Moth as one of the restaurants that serves grass fed no hormone, humanely raised beef pigs, lamb & poultry. Sadly, the waiter said no even checked with Chef and said that even the beef is only 70% grass fed???it has to be raised and finished grass 100% grass fed in case of beef to be omega 3 (anti-inflammatory) not omega 6 which is not...DO NOT advertise what you are not...Glad they responded honestly when asked. This is a major issue with some of us from a health standpoint. Waiter and staff are top notch.Special Features:
- A favoriteResaDined on 8/10/2014Great place to gather for drinks and shared nibbles. Large craft beer offerings. Food is creative and consistently great. Love this placeSpecial Features:
- MicabyoDined on 8/10/2014The food was excellent, the prices were reasonable and our waitress was so nice.Special Features:
- Very Interesting MenuTheCloserDined on 8/7/2014The food at the Moth was delicious, and very interesting. I am very impressed with the variety of tastes that are available here.Special Features:
- Amazing beers and food!FMgoesoutDined on 8/7/2014Love the way the menu is set up. All the food is served to share! We really enjoyed the hummus, which was slightly spicy, and caramelized brussel sprouts, which were broiled to perfection. Excellent beer choices from local small batch breweries-- Old Rasputin was the most deliciously drinkable stout I've had in years. Create your own beer flight option is popular and allows you to try five different selections. Great place for couples who like to eat off each others plates normally! Loved the decor--can't miss with stained glass with Elvis as King!Special Features:
- So good, so goodbumboclotDined on 8/6/2014Awesome that they paired beers with dishes. Also, get the Thai mussels, you will be happySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic in every wayOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/2/2014I can't say enough good things about the Moth. It is my husband's favorite place to eat and drink hands down. We have tried the brunch a few times, which does not disappoint. We do tend to go for dinner and have yet to have a bad meal. The hummus is a MUST. There burger rates as one of my top 5 burgers I have ever had. My husband LOVES the bacon lollipops and usually gets those for dessert. During this last visit we were talked into trying the creme brulee, which is usually just an OK dessert choice for me. Let me tell you this was the BEST creme brulee I have EVER had. It was simply devine. I really can't forget to mention the amazing beer selection and fantastic drinks they offer all served by the best wait staff. YOU MUST GO!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible GrazingPositiveEnerGDined on 8/1/2014I travel a lot on business and do a lot of business entertaining. On my most recent trip to Dallas, saved the last day in town for fun dining with people I actually enjoy personally, not just professionally. This place was fantastic and a nice change of pace from typically boring steakhouse experience. We grazed. We ordered two of 2-3 dishes and kept repeating. LOTS of creative, well-prepared, unique dishes. Incredible craft beer list and some guests enjoyed wine. We ordered and ate and shared and repeated until we couldn't eat anymore. I'll be back.Special Features:
- BirthdayGirlDined on 7/31/2014Every dish we shared was outstanding. Atmosphere was energetic and fun. Great service and attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!RapperDined on 7/30/2014Celebrated our son's 22nd birthday. Perfect fit for brewski lovers and foodies. The plate sharing was awesome- the food amazing and loved the beer flight! The quail was so flavorful complemented by the cornbread and red cabbage. The bacon lollipops although so rich we're creative and d-lish! It was almost like dessert! We look forward to another visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun for groupsFourpatsDined on 7/26/2014Long beer list with fun descriptions. Interesting food, it's really fun to go with a group and order lots of plates to taste. Our hands-down table winner was Shrimp and Grits. Also had ribs, burrata, pork belly and mussels. Everything we had was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TomTomBDined on 7/24/2014First, the service was great. Our waitress was very friendly and knowledgable on the menu, including the beer. We ordered four dishes to share between two of us. Everything we got was delicious. Dessert was great too. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- High five!SeafoodcriticsDined on 7/23/2014One of the most impressive beer selections in Dallas! Great tapas style food options. Perfect for happy hour or casual dinner. Nice folks behind the bar and waiting on the tables. Make reservations if you are planning to sit at a table during dinner time.Special Features:
- happyeaterDined on 7/23/2014Five of us met for lunch - delightful waitress, very good service, most meals great. First visit for 3 at the table - they enjoyed it. We will all be back.Special Features:
- My new favorite place!ffpara203Dined on 7/18/2014Been here alot so this is getting kinda of monotonous.... This place is awesome! If you love beer and great food and great service this is the place to go! Never disappointed!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurpriseKaylynVIPDined on 7/16/2014I did not expect to find such a gem in Dallas, the land of barbecue and Tex-Mex. The Meddlesome Moth has fantastically creative, well-edited, selection of food and cocktails as well as interesting selection of wines. I loved the deviled eggs, meat on a stick (I had the lamb), and the brussel sprouts. Our server was knowledgeable about the menu offerings, there when we needed her to be and very pleasant. I am fortunate to dine out quite a bit during my business travels and I have to say that this was one of the best dining experiences I've had in quite some time. I will return to the area again in a month and I'm already thinking about my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DallasLobsterVIPDined on 7/14/2014Had lnch and the food was delicious, loved the fresh local ingredients...especially the egg on the cobb salad. Ginger ice cream to die for! The music level was too loud. When we first came in we asked the hostess to turn it down. She complied, but then when more people started arriving the music was turned up again...to the point that my friend and I had difficulty hearing each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great choice!twoclicksDined on 7/12/2014Where do I start? Beer. There's no comparison. If you like deep, eclectic beer lists, this is your place. You can now build your own flights for $20 (including a selected casked beer!). You should always get two or four shared plates for your group. I suggest the chicken skin chips. Coupled with a flight, buckle up. We had the special, pork t-bone braised in apple cider, with a green apple chimichurri. It was incredible.Special Features:
- AWESOMEezekielDined on 7/11/2014Awesome food and the best service i have ever had!Special Features:
- Great as alwaysTedFNJDined on 7/9/2014This is one of my "go to" places in Dallas. Fantastic beer selection and the small plate menu allows for trying several different dishes. All great. Mussles, flank steak on a stick, Ahi Tuna on a stick were all great. I was pleasantly surprised by the fried tofu dish - possible the best dish we had. Recommended if you are in Dallas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for lunchNewinbigDDined on 7/8/2014Very eclectic menu for lunch with flavorful take offs on traditional pub items as well as unique daily specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They made it rightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014Brunch for large group was awesome. We all had a good time, and food was wonderful. I initially made a reservation online in which the system would only allow me to book for 6 so i called and spoke to a human to increase the # to 9. However when we arrived their records still had 6, so we had to wait quite a while while they rearranged tables. They made us fit in the end and were very friendly.Special Features:
- Always on itDallasFoodieVIPDined on 7/5/2014Great as always - great food and fantastic atmosphere....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meddlesome MotherOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/5/2014Excellent service, something for everyone. Great variety of beer, wine and cocktails. Our server was very good. Food was delicious. Love the share plates. Deviled eggs, chicken skins, cheese and meat as well as bone marrow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good first timepazucaDined on 7/4/2014We were visiting Dallas and wanted to find a nice rest. This was it.... very interesting list of beers.... flavors never thought on a beer.... highly recomended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, SLOW Service96GLDDined on 6/28/2014This is the third time in the last year we've gone to the Moth. We go for the food, and this last time the patio, even on June 28th, was pleasant at 6:30pm thanks to the misters. But the service must be the slowest in Dallas. Every time. We ordered food at the same time we ordered drinks to try to combat this, but it was still 90 minutes until we got our last "shared-dish". Additional drinks had to be ordered when the first round was delivered, and even then there were extended periods with empty glasses sitting in front of us. With all that said, the food is good, and the ambience endearing.
- Tapas!IndyFirlDined on 6/27/2014When making the reservation I didn't realize this is a tapas resturant! Excellent selection of tapas including a selection of over 140 beers! Our server was very helpful with selecting items. I recommend starting with a couple of items and adding on as you go...we order 5 items for 3 people and were stuffed by time the last item arrived.Special Features:
- A Dallas gastronomic staplercmasonDined on 6/25/2014Meddlesome Moth always delivers. Best beer selection in town and food to match.Special Features:
- Small plates deliciousRachelDined on 6/24/2014This was a great find and walkable from the hilton Anatole. Knowledgable server who put together a beer flight for my husband. Portions were large so we were glad that we didn't order everything at once.Special Features:
- Great beer listOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/23/2014A very large and diverse beer selection. Eclectic small plates of very good food.Special Features: